The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 14th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Nomine
サトセレ

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
People don't necessarily tell me that I say pronounce certain words differently, but I hear my friends say things differently. xD

Things such as: hippopotamus and advertisement... are just a few, haha.

My Role-Playing Twitter Accounts follow!
Writer
Brock
Calem
Old October 20th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
I've been told on multiple occasions that I pronounce the word 'year' weirdly. I say it as a homonym of 'yeah', whereas nearly everyone else I know pronounces it 'yee-ah', with a slightly more elongated 'e' sound. I still contend that I'm right, but I honestly never noticed the difference before people pointed it out to me at university. Now I'm ever so conscious whenever I mention it in front of certain people accordingly.
Old October 20th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
Not sure if this counts but I audibly pronounce the 'L' in walk, talk, calm, and other words of the like.

The first thing that came to my my were Pokemon names though, because I pronounce Meganium as Me-GANI-um instead of MEGAN-ium even though it's incorrect. I also pronounce Milotic MILO-tic (Mill-OTTICK) instead of Mil-O-tic (My-LAH-tick).
Old October 25th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
Umm,actually i think all my english woul be kinda weird to hear as english isn't my tongue but i try my best to pronounce it right though!i studied the American and the British ..the british accent kinda hard and formal but American much easier and informal so i pretty much speak the American accent!

Old October 26th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Vine Whip
SOLAR BEAM ~~>

Nature: Gentle
Well, I generally speak just like everyone else, but for some reason people around here say 'summer' as 'semmer', and quite frankly it annoys me a lot! Plus for some reason they pronounce 'borrow' as 'burrow'. o_o
People over here are weird haha.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here