The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Old January 7th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

Nature: Quirky
There are some artists that have secured their places in the music history books from the pure success and brilliance of their music careers. Queen, Bon Jovi, Dire Straits, Eric Clapton, Michael Jackson, Madonna; these are all names that'll be thrown around for centuries to come due to the huge impact they've each made on the world of music, but which artists making their career in the past decade do you think will be capable of accomplishing this same triumph?

Two main bands come to mind for me: Muse and Arctic Monkeys. Muse I'd say have already almost reached this point, but unfortunately with their latest album being something of a hit-and-miss and their whole new direction of music it's possible that they may no longer live up to this. It's important to end a career as strongly as you started it if you want true recognition so if they don't change this new opinion of their work soon, they may well lose their podium in the hall of fame. However they are a band with countless internationally well-known hits, hugely selling albums and regular sell-out tours, so I don't think they'll ever be completely forgotten.

Arctic Monkeys are a band that I personally fell in love with when they first began and have followed them ever since so I may be a tad biased here, but given the huge success that they've amounted so far and their ever-increasing fan base I think they're a band with a lot more to offer. They've won countless awards for their music and with only four albums currently released, the Arctic Monkeys are one of those rare bands with the potential to go incredibly far if they keep it up. Give it a couple more albums and a few more international tours and I have no doubt that the Arctic Monkeys will become one of those names that make it into the history books.

Honourable mentions to Coldplay, Beyoncé and Lady Gaga, but with the popular music scene changing so rapidly all the time I'm just not certain how long they'll have left to finish off that huge impact they're creating before being swept under the rug.

What do you think?
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:27 PM
The Sly Fox

I say Muse also, and agree with your reasons for why you chose them. They have that spark that many others in the Hall Of Fame have. Many did not like their recent album because they went in a new direction with their music, but I did. I still believe they have a good shot of making it. Every artist has an album that misses with people, but that doesn't mean they arent Hall Of Fame quality. They took a risk and thats important in the industry so that they don't sound bland and the same all the time. Many great artists in the Hall Of Fame took risks and look where they are now!

I'm sure Beyonce will find herself in the Hall Of Fame as well soon. She has that spark as well. She has influenced pop music a ton. Maybe Lady Gaga too.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links