The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 10th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
They said they were going through them one by one. Last week (The one that just finished) was Fletching, and I think the one before that was Pancham. Its only been three weeks so one of them hasn't been shown as a highlight.

Maybe its Sylveon. She has that one ribbon that floats outward.
When all four of them were revealed last month of Smash, Gogoat got the most attention showing off the new riding feature and whatnot. Perhaps they counted that.

I don't think that's Sylveon though. Why put a question mark over a Pokémon that has been revealed to the public months ago? Unless it's a male equivalent to Sylveon like some people have been speculating, but I doubt that.
Old June 10th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
When all four of them were revealed last month of Smash, Gogoat got the most attention showing off the new riding feature and whatnot. Perhaps they counted that.

I don't think that's Sylveon though. Why put a question mark over a Pokémon that has been revealed to the public months ago? Unless it's a male equivalent to Sylveon like some people have been speculating, but I doubt that.
Why put a ? on a paper airplane when they did that? Why put it on a yo-yo when they were doing the talent show? Why put the ? on the guys face when he got blasted in the face with the powdered sugar?

They just do it because they can. There's never been any rhyme or reason behind why they sensor things. They kept doing it on the Eevee Family short despite us knowing what Eevee Evolutions there were. They put 3 different colored ?'s when they revealed Mewtwo and it was still just 1 Pokemon being revealed.

They just want to build suspense to bring the kids to watch the show.
Old June 10th, 2013, 06:34 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Seems silly of Smash, but Xander has a point, it could very well be added hype. However combined with E3 and Corocoro being so close to the corner, and Masuda's said to be in this week's episode suggest it's a new Pokémon...
Old June 11th, 2013, 06:23 AM
LycaNinja
Werewolf Assassin

Nature: Docile
I doubt the Pokemon they included in the new typing list were all of them... I don't think they listed Clefairy, which should be a Fairy type considering it's the Fairy Pokemon...

Old June 11th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Guy
just a guy

I think there's a good chance that there will be a few other Pokémon from the past to get changed into a Fairy-type besides the four they listed. I'm just relieved we can finally put the Sylveon type speculation to rest. Amen.
Old June 11th, 2013, 07:26 AM
pokerex
I'm awesome

guys, is it just me or does that new pokemon noivern look like an evolution of swoobat?
Old June 11th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Guy
just a guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerex View Post
guys, is it just me or does that new pokemon noivern look like an evolution of swoobat?
Although I doubt that's the case, it certainly looks like it could pass as a Swoobat evolution.

Last edited by Guy; June 11th, 2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old June 11th, 2013, 08:00 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Yeah, it's going to erk Smogon and the rest of competitive players at least at first...
Old June 11th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Anyone else notice that these games have a 7+ Age Certificate for those in Europe? I wonder why..

Old June 11th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Anyone else notice that these games have a 7+ Age Certificate for those in Europe? I wonder why..

Maybe it is because of the 3D feature it brings which can be a bit dangerous to younger audience. This was the reason that gave PMD: Gate to Infinity a little older rating than previous PMD titles

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old June 11th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Is that 90 minute conference still to come? I get caught off guard with this pokemon news, I thought the conference was going to be our first of the new pokemon information.
Old June 11th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Guy
just a guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
Is that 90 minute conference still to come? I get caught off guard with this pokemon news, I thought the conference was going to be our first of the new pokemon information.
Yes, the conference is still yet to come. That will happen later this evening / tonight.
Old June 11th, 2013, 09:11 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Could anyone of you kindly advise me where to re-watch the E3 video? My computer completely froze during the first part & I caught up right before the middle
Old June 11th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Now that we've had all the news we got in the Nintendo Direct which was unexpected, I'm wonder if the conference will just cover that and answer questions related to it? I hope not, I still want more news! ;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonygooseD View Post
Could anyone of you kindly advise me where to re-watch the E3 video? My computer completely froze during the first part & I caught up right before the middle :(
That happened to me too. You can watch it here.

Last edited by Azure; June 11th, 2013 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 11th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Esper

Vivillon is supposed to have a special meaning to its pattern. Anyone think there's something to that? It vaguely looks like a map, like one of the old maps from Gen I days that didn't have details. It could also be a puzzle, like the puzzle to get through some cave or whatnot to get to a legendary.

deviantart blog pair
Old June 11th, 2013, 11:18 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
Vivillon is supposed to have a special meaning to its pattern. Anyone think there's something to that? It vaguely looks like a map, like one of the old maps from Gen I days that didn't have details. It could also be a puzzle, like the puzzle to get through some cave or whatnot to get to a legendary.
Uh-Oh, it's the whole Wailord/Relicanth thing all over again! I hope not though, I hate puzzles like that, I don't want to catch & evolve a Pokemon just so I can catch a legendary, it wastes more time than battling the legendary itself.
Old June 11th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Guy
just a guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonygooseD View Post
Uh-Oh, it's the whole Wailord/Relicanth thing all over again! I hope not though, I hate puzzles like that, I don't want to catch & evolve a Pokemon just so I can catch a legendary, it wastes more time than battling the legendary itself.
Actually, I'd love something like that to occur again! Unlocking the puzzles to find the Regi Trio in RSE was one of the most fun hunts I've had when it comes to finding and catching legendaries.
Old June 11th, 2013, 12:42 PM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

Nature: Sassy
With the Sky Battles, it makes sense if Yveltal is able to participate in them (typing and ability allowing, of course) because then each legendary could get something 'new'. Yveltal can do Sky Battles, while Xerneas could be Fairy-type.

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now
or I'll get physical with you

Old June 11th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

If there's a flying type gym it would be interesting to partake in a Sky battle for that!

Old June 11th, 2013, 12:56 PM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
Actually, I'd love something like that to occur again! Unlocking the puzzles to find the Regi Trio in RSE was one of the most fun hunts I've had when it comes to finding and catching legendaries.
Actually I don't read Braille, & even if I was blind I wouldn't have known how to read it off a screen, so...
If it was a puzzle that won't need me to open the net to know its solution then it's fine
Old June 11th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

Did they release details for Sky Battle mechanisms? I wonder how they could make that a unique experience.
Old June 11th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahISuck View Post
Did they release details for Sky Battle mechanisms? I wonder how they could make that a unique experience.
No. From what they have on the main Pokemon site the new update to battles is the new Type. There is nothing about Flying battles.

Did anyone else notice the caption for Helioptile?

Old June 11th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Guy
just a guy

Quote:
No. From what they have on the main Pokemon site the new update to battles is the new Type. There is nothing about Flying battles.

"Whoa! The Helioptile you stepped on attacked!"

Watch out GameFreak, PETA is coming to get you. lol

Oh, from that same video, I wanted to point out that it seems like not that much change has been made to the Pokémon's voices. Kind of disappointed by that if I'm honest, although not surprised.
Old June 11th, 2013, 01:45 PM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

Nature: Sassy
Quote:

Spoiler:

She's asking if the player wants to have a sky battle :b plus there's a screenie of a Haunter and another new Pokemon (probably Fletchling's evolution) in some split screen deal that would support this, since Haunter has Levitate and it's rumored that the only Pokemon to be able to partake in sky battles are Flying-types and Pokemon with Levitate.

But I'm curious how that encounter with Helioptile works out. We already have random encounters and then the interactive encounters like Foonguss in Black and White. Do we see the Pokemon or is it a random encounter or...?

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now
or I'll get physical with you

Old June 11th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzaleaLightning View Post
Spoiler:

She's asking if the player wants to have a sky battle :b plus there's a screenie of a Haunter and another new Pokemon (probably Fletchling's evolution) in some split screen deal that would support this, since Haunter has Levitate and it's rumored that the only Pokemon to be able to partake in sky battles are Flying-types and Pokemon with Levitate.

But I'm curious how that encounter with Helioptile works out. We already have random encounters and then the interactive encounters like Foonguss in Black and White. Do we see the Pokemon or is it a random encounter or...?
Its hard to tell if that's a real battle or if that's something new for regular battles as well. Main site hasn't updated anything about it either. Probably won't until later tonight either which is disappointing. I'm wondering if its a new feature to replace Contests and such.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links