Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games
Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Should I use HGSS or FRLG Graphics?
HGSS 20 86.96%
FRLG 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 20th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Dradier234

Nature: Careful

Advertise here

Intro
Pokémon Chaos Mind started 4 months ago. It has been developing more rapidly then usally these days. The plot of this game will be different and unique, just how I like it. This is using Essentials 10. The graphics will be FRLG because most graphics on Essentials are FRLG. I am very proud to present this to PC, as it is the first RMXP pokemon project that I successfully made without errors.

Objective:
Spoiler:
As a user of RM2K3, I want to try something new. I have used RMXP enough to know how it works.

Main Plot: Main Plot: You are 13 years old. As the son\daughter of the champion, you were really lucky. You embark on a quest to find out the mystery of team Chaos Mind, what they desire to do, and why.

Team Chaos Mind is a evil organization with a unknown purpose. They lurk every where causing chaos, saying its for the good of our kind. They say to have only one weakness, the Chaos Necklace. They desire the necklaces because they are their life-force. They currently wield the Chaos Necklace, but they struggle to keep hold of it because of the life force of the Pokemon dragging it away.

Your dad explains to you about the how the world started and how Pokémon saved all mankind from Team Chaos Mind long ago. Your dad tells you to find out more about team Chaos Mind, and he sends you to his PKMN Champion Study Lab to get a Pokémon, although your mother Minerva highly disagrees. She thinks its best that you stay home and learn life skills. You go anyway, determined to get your starter Pokémon and begin your journey.

Along the journey, you discover many Gym Leaders and many many secrets. There are many challenges ahead of you, and many accomplishments to beat. You are a proud trainer, and seek good out of the evil. You see the Chaos Mind as a destructive obstacle to your destiny, and you do what you can to stop it from ruining your fate.TO be continued.

Story of long ago:
Spoiler:
A long time ago, Chaos Ruled the earth. Everyone lived in brutality and no peace remained. A team named Chaos mind recked havoc among earth, stole from the poor, gained but did not give. The leader of this team was unknown. Then, where humanity needed it the most, Pokémon suddenly appeared, in many different varieties, like Reshiram, or Zeckrom, Shieldon, or Groudon. The Pokémon saved the people. Celebi grew grass and forests. Heatran created fire. Roserade planted flowers to keep the earth healthy, and many more Pokémon. The Pokémon sucked the evil energy off of the Chaos Necklace and released into good energy.

Experience:
Spoiler:
Pokémon like you never have before. Explore an all new region. Battle with Pokémon and explore new legendary Pokémon as well. Stroll around the huge world with improved 4th generation graphics. Use all new items like the light stone to old ones like potions. Visit daycare centers, heal your Pokémon, equip your Pokémon with powerful moves using TMs and HMs. Surf through unknown land. Fight the evil to save humanity from its greatest fear! The Chaos MInd!

All features to improve your game will be available like the mystery gift. Catch Darkness and tame it. New Chaos Pokémon will be available. Darkrai, Giratina, and Arceus are now available in Chaos Form!

Gym Leaders
Spoiler:

First Gym:
Creon City

Gym Leader: Fistro
Type: Rock
Description: A headstrong gym leader that specializes in Rock types.

Team
Spoiler:

Me for everything (Solo Project)
Except for beta testers

Features
All new region
All new plot
New organization\team
new unexpected rival
BW Load Screen
Some events from amima

Progress
Spoiler:
Mapped to Deck City
Route 1
Route 2
Square Garden
New Pyron City
Still needs polishing on events.

Media

Final New Screens
Spoiler:

New Screens
Spoiler:

Old Screens
Spoiler:

Release
Download Alpha 0.5: http://www.mediafire.com/?hamn1mo94s560ar

Credits
Spoiler:
Maruno
Poccil and people who made Essientials v11
Carmaniac for load screen

Thank ya all
http://poke-fans.forumotion.com/
Join Here

Last edited by Dradier234; April 9th, 2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old January 20th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Nathan
prince
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Nathan
Congrats on starting another game dude! But there are a few things you could fix IF YOU WANT:
-Add a better stroryline : The one you have currently is not really attractive(without any offence). Spice things up and add more plot to the storyline. Show that Team Chaos have a VERY evil plan and that the hero must jump in to stop it and not because his dad ordered him to.
-On the last screenshots : I think you should use thinner ledges.
-Upgrade your graphics : Just like Rayquaza once told me, people like more up-to-date graphics like HGSS-DPPt-BW-B2W2. (This is just an opinion, it looks good with FR/LG graphics too).
After that the game looks good, if you ever need a storyliner i'm available to help you whenever you want!
Old January 20th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Good luck on your game, it could really be something good if you work hard on it

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old January 20th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Dradier234

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNathan View Post
Congrats on starting another game dude! But there are a few things you could fix IF YOU WANT:
-Add a better stroryline : The one you have currently is not really attractive(without any offence). Spice things up and add more plot to the storyline. Show that Team Chaos have a VERY evil plan and that the hero must jump in to stop it and not because his dad ordered him to.
-On the last screenshots : I think you should use thinner ledges.
-Upgrade your graphics : Just like Rayquaza once told me, people like more up-to-date graphics like HGSS-DPPt-BW-B2W2. (This is just an opinion, it looks good with FR/LG graphics too).
After that the game looks good, if you ever need a storyliner i'm available to help you whenever you want!
Ill add storyline as I progress. Thanx! Ill also update the tiles by using crazy ninja guys HGSS ones. I might need a storyliner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
Good luck on your game, it could really be something good if you work hard on it
Thanx!

Update: I am looking mappers to update my maps into HGSS.
Join Here
Old January 20th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dradier234 View Post
Update: I am looking mappers to update my maps into HGSS.
You don't need mappers to update maps into HG/SS. You can do that yourself.
Old January 20th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Nathan
prince
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Nathan
Quote:
I might need a storyliner.
Then don't hesitate to ask my help! That's why we're a community, to help each other.
Old January 20th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Discord.
Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?

Send a message via Skype™ to Discord.
i love the idea of having mom as your rival
Can't be bothered to find a new sig pic

My personal webpage under construction.
Paired with Polar Spectrum
Essentials forme change with moves script

I support Digimon Your Digital Dream

I support Pokemon The Movie Game

Old January 21st, 2013, 08:06 AM
Dradier234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ęℓαчиıı View Post
You don't need mappers to update maps into HG/SS. You can do that yourself.
Yes, but I've mapped all the way up to Route 3 using FRLG, and I want a break. It also doesn't hurt to have a mapper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNathan View Post
Then don't hesitate to ask my help! That's why we're a community, to help each other.
I'll surely ask for help when I need it! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectL View Post
i love the idea of having mom as your rival
That might change... Thanks though!

Update: I now have HGSS chars/overworlds. Remapping is now started in HGSS style by Nintendork.
Join Here

Last edited by Dradier234; January 21st, 2013 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 21st, 2013, 02:33 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Yes, but I've mapped all the way up to Route 3 using FRLG, and I want a break. It also doesn't hurt to have a mapper.

I'll surely ask for help when I need it! :D

That might change... Thanks though!

Update: I now have HGSS chars/overworlds. Remapping is now started in HGSS style by Nintendodork.
What did I say about the name? -w-

Also, I'm mapping a few of your maps, I said, I am busy with my own game.
Plus, seeing how they're done can give you idea on how to do it better.
gone.
Old January 21st, 2013, 03:16 PM
Dradier234

Okay, thanks, I put you as part time mapper.
Update: I will probably not upgrade to HGSS style..... Due to no mappers. If you want to be a FULL time mapper, contact me..
Join Here

Last edited by Dradier234; January 22nd, 2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old February 1st, 2013, 07:00 PM
Dradier234

I have some new screenies. Theres a new revealed character, Gary Oak.. This game follows some anima events to make it familiar.. This is when the player finds gary oak trying to catch a Kanghastan.... Eoic failure for him... Gary playes a important role in the game, when you get stronger, he battles you a couple times, and helps you out sometimes..

Credits to CrazyNinjaGuy for the char of Kanghastan in his kit..
Another funny screen
Join Here
Old February 1st, 2013, 07:34 PM
Mortalis
ѕĸyвorɴe.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Looks fine to me, but try to stay clear of using internet lingo within the game. Things such as "omg", "lol", "idk", etc. should really not be used, unless you're going for some type of comedic approach or that's just generally how you prefer it.

I just find that spelling it out fully looks more professional and polished.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 06:22 AM
Dradier234

Okay, I might get rid of OMG in the future... But I'm still using the expressions like :D
Join Here
Old February 2nd, 2013, 09:29 AM
Saving Raven

a simple "Yes!" would convey a similar message

Old February 2nd, 2013, 11:05 AM
Dradier234

I guess.. I'm now asking for
spriter
experienced mapper
and scripter.
I'll be putting a request on the recruitment threads.

Hello guys! I just made a wiki, and you access it through my signature. Please comment on it and tell me how I can improve.
Or here...http://pkmn-chaos-mind.wikia.com/wiki

Heres New Pyron City, please give me advice on what to fix.
Join Here

Last edited by Dradier234; February 2nd, 2013 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 10th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Dradier234

Urge, no ones posting...

New story of long ago
Spoiler:
A long time ago, a chaos pokemon named Darkrai appeared after Arceus created everything and ruled the earth. Everyone lived in brutality and no peace remained. A team named Chaos mind wrecked havoc among earth, stole from the poor, gained but did not give. The leader of this team was unknown but it was said that he, somehow, managed to capture the Chaos pokemon and extracted his DNA to create a clone who possessed more powerful abilities. Then, where humanity needed it the most, Arceus sent the Guardians Pokémon. They were 3 : Dialga, Palkia and Giratina. The Pokémon saved the people and gave birth to the other pokemon like Rattata, Celebi, Heatran, etc.... Celebi grew grass and forests. Heatran created fire. Roserade planted flowers to keep the earth healthy, and many more Pokémon. These Guardians put the chaos pokemon and his clone to sleep just before disappearing in a long slumber

Heres a screen of HGSS styled deck city, forgive me for double posting.
Join Here
Old February 10th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
I guess.. I'm now asking for
Heres New Pyron City, please give me advice on what to fix.
it's really empty and too square. It looks boring, if I were to visit it it would seem kind of uninteresting.
you need to make the borders less square like, and make it curve like, and flowing.

Quote:
Urge, no ones posting...
there is no symmetry. while a town is different from a route, where one would be in the outdoors and wild, this one would have been planned out and made by real people; it seems like it was made randomly. You need to make it symmetrical and less cluttered and more interesting.

Old February 11th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Dradier234

Quote:
it's really empty and too square. It looks boring, if I were to visit it it would seem kind of uninteresting.
you need to make the borders less square like, and make it curve like, and flowing.

there is no symmetry. while a town is different from a route, where one would be in the outdoors and wild, this one would have been planned out and made by real people; it seems like it was made randomly. You need to make it symmetrical and less cluttered and more interesting.
Hmmm, bout this?

New banner by Pikakitten. Put this in your sigs please!
Join Here
Old February 11th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Hmmm, bout this?

New banner by Pikakitten. Put this in your sigs please!
I like what you've done; I would move the blue/white building back a few spaces to keep it away from the trees, and connect the bottom concrete path with the rest of it with the path in the middle and it should be fine, good job! 8/10

Old February 11th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Dradier234

Ill change that but in this sreen, the change isn't there, sorry.
Join Here
Old February 12th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Arma
Actually not mad at all
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Ill change that but in this sreen, the change isn't there, sorry.
Why would you change virtually the same picture with just the message that you didn't change what you're planning to? Just...why? There really doesn't seem to be a point to it.
Old February 12th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Dradier234

Sorry, here's the change.
Join Here
Old February 15th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Dradier234

Heres 3 new screens of the new WIP Route 1, Route 4 and a Deck City screen. Enjoy! A new character as main!

EDIT: Even more new supa new screens!! Just updated 2-16 evening!

Join Here

Last edited by Dradier234; February 23rd, 2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 06:48 PM
Saving Raven

Quote:
Spoiler:
Why is the player dressed so fancy?

Quote:
Spoiler:
the blue fences seem out of place being randomly there next to nothing, and blocking the path to nothing
the idea of elevation is really neat and something i always liked, but the way you placed the stairs makes it look unnatural and doesn't give the full effect you are trying to achieve

other than that, theres not much else else to say about the maps, except that the trees have little edges and bits that you seem to be misplacing along the outermost edge of your tree barriers by accident

I like it so far! and I like your tiles, I'm really picky about the ones i've found, I doubt I'll ever find a good one hahahaha. Good luck though, its looking good.

Old February 24th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Dradier234

Quote:
Why is the player dressed so fancy?

the blue fences seem out of place being randomly there next to nothing, and blocking the path to nothing
the idea of elevation is really neat and something i always liked, but the way you placed the stairs makes it look unnatural and doesn't give the full effect you are trying to achieve

other than that, theres not much else else to say about the maps, except that the trees have little edges and bits that you seem to be misplacing along the outermost edge of your tree barriers by accident

I like it so far! and I like your tiles, I'm really picky about the ones i've found, I doubt I'll ever find a good one hahahaha. Good luck though, its looking good.
Thank you for the feedback! The player is Riley and he dresses fancy. Rileys a place holder. I'm probably going to use the DP Hero\Heroine, when I get hold of the back sprites of them. The blue fences is suppose to be surrounding the stairs, and the tree mistakes are fixed. I don't really know what else I could do to the stairs, because there isn't anywhere else to put it.
Any suggestions?
Map:
Spoiler:
Click image for larger version

Name:	fdvbgdg.png
Views:	16
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	67460
Join Here
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links