The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old March 8th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Zissou
Unhatched Egg

I'm excited for a full-blown comic-reader's death match. I'll happily be the one to provide antagonistic comments for argumentative purposes, if you like. It'll go something like this:

"Neagan is Carl's real dad! Prove me wrong if you dare!!!"
Old March 8th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
Okay guys, so I've finally edited the first page to start our new "News" section. Hopefully I'll be able to commit to it, as the idea is extremely good, and it'd make this place even better! So in tandem with posting links to the articles on the first post, I shall also be posting the articles here in quotes as they come. Per day, I shall edit the "News Post" with more news, so as to not continuously post in one day or double post. Without further ado, here is today's (and two days ago's) news!

Telltale Targets Fall 2013 for The Walking Dead: The Game Season 2
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN on March 6th

Telltale has confirmed that it’s currently targeting Fall of this year for the second season of The Walking Dead: The Game. While Telltale CEO Dan Connors recently told Eurogamer that the sophomore season was set for next year, a Telltale spokesperson has now clarified, providing the following statement to IGN:

“The current estimated release window for Season Two of The Walking Dead is for Fall of ‘this’ year (2013), and not ‘next’ year (2014) as has been reported after a recent interview. We apologize for any confusion and thank you and all of our fans for your continued excitement for the series!”

In an interview with IGN last month, Connors explained that “we’re doing a second season of The Walking Dead. That’s going to be a big part of what we’re putting people to work on this year. Right now it’s about figuring out the right way to approach the story, the right way to handle this that’s going to work for what we’re trying to accomplish and give it legs. Certainly we believe there are more stories to tell in The Walking Dead’s universe. The show continues to be huge. People understand what we’re doing. We’re going to continue to work on it. It’s a rich world for what we’re trying to do. We still have a lot of ideas to explore in that world.”

More recently, writer Gary Whitta told IGN “you won’t have to wait for season two to play more Walking Dead” in an episode of Up At Noon.

It’s clear that plenty of new The Walking Dead content is on the way, which is a great thing considering the fantastic reception of season one.

For more on the future of the series, check out our predictions for season two.

Norman Reedus talks possible Daryl-Carol romance on 'The Walking Dead': 'I want her to make the first move'
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly on March 6th
He comforted her after daughter Sophia went missing (and was eventually found as a zombie). He rescued her after she was trapped by biters at the prison. Yes, The Walking Dead‘s Daryl and Carol have had a close relationship that many fans wish would get even closer. But any possible romance was put on hold when Daryl went off to Woodbury and then with his brother while Carol began to form another bond with the last convict standing, Axel. However, now that Axel is out of the picture (dropped by a bullet courtesy of the Governor) and Daryl is back, could a Daryl-Carol pairing finally be in the works? We asked the man who plays Daryl, Norman Reedus, if romance could be blooming in the couple’s future.

”If it does, lucky me. She’s awesome,” says Reedus of the woman who plays Carol, Melissa McBride. “She’s my favorite actress on the show. I mean, I like them all, but I’ve gotten to work a lot with her and know her vibe. If it happens, it happens. I want it to be awkward when it happens. I want it to be really awkward. I want her to make the first move.”

What?!? He wants Carol to make the first move? Is that because it would be out of character for Daryl to do something smooth? “Absolutely,” says Reedus. “I don’t think he’s figured out women. What does a relationship look like and how does that work? He never really grew up with a woman in the house, so it’s sort of like foreign creatures to him. “

Has Daryl ever been in a real relationship? Reedus doesn’t think so. “Maybe he got together with a couple of locals at one point or something,” says the actor. “But I don’t think he was ever in any sort of serious relationship. So if it happens, great. If it doesn’t, great. I like the fact that we’re two damaged people and we sort of gravitate to each other. I like that. If it happens, right on.”

'Walking Dead' No. 108: Preview the First 4 Pages (Exclusive)
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hollywood Report on March 8th
"Let the slaughter begin."

Those are the first words in the next issue of Image/Skybound's The Walking Dead comic, which picks up after Rick and Strike a peace treaty.
While the opening appears to be an ominous one, breathe a bit easier as it appears the ruthless leader of the Hilltop community may only be referring to a game of ping pong as Dwight looks on in horror as Negan prepares to have his way with the former's wife.

Elsewhere in the 108th issue of the comic series created by Robert Kirkman, Michonne and Carl are in hot water as a group of roamers may be backing them into a corner. Can they make it out?
The issue, which marks the first appearance of the mysterious Ezekiel -- featured on the cover above -- goes on sale March 13.

Check out the first four pages, exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, below, and hit the comments with your thoughts.

Click here

The Walking Dead Spoiler Bomb: Odd Pairings and Rising Tensions Are On the Way!
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by E! on March 8th
The return of The Walking Dead hasn't been a disappointment for fans: The show has (wisely) dialed down on the pointless yelling, and replaced it with masterful twists, subtle character development, and, of course, lots of zombies.

Will we get an all-out war between the prison group and Woodbury? Too soon to tell. But in the meantime, the tension is building, and this next episode ratchets it up significantly.

Here's what to expect:

Heavy Is the Head, Yadda Yadda: A few weeks ago, Andrea (Laurie Holden) made a decision that essentially set the stage for the rest of the season. On Sunday, Rick (Andrew Lincoln) makes an equally weighty choice, one that just might cost the lives of the people he loves most.

Merle May Get Kinda Likable for a Second: Maybe. Sorta. Just a little.

A Scrum Goes Down in the Prison: But it doesn't involve the people you might think!

The Storm's A-Comin': By now it's pretty obvious that some kind of reckoning is on its way this season. But not every face-off starts with a skewered messenger or burning flag. Instead, look for some dark humor this episode, featuring two members of the show's, er, scientific community.

'Walking Dead': Lennie James talks return of Morgan; plus, exclusive photos!
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly on March 8th
The Walking Dead has seen a few familiar faces return recently in hallucination form, but on Sunday’s installment, another long lost character came back — and this time in real flesh and blood. [SPOILER ALERT: Read on only if you have already watched Sunday’s episode of The Walking Dead.]

Last time we saw the character of Morgan, he was trying to work up the guts to shoot his zombified wife from the window of his house. He couldn’t do it. That was way back in the pilot episode of The Walking Dead. Now — 30 episodes and two-and-a-half years later — Morgan returned, and it seems his decision not to kill his walker wife had grave consequences (she later bit and turned their son). The result: madness. When Rick realized it was the man that first helped him after the outbreak shooting at them from a rooftop, he tried his best to get his old friend to join them, but Morgan (who stabbed Rick before finally recognizing his ally) was too far gone and sent the group on their way without him (but with some of his ample supplies of guns and ammunition). Entertainment Weekly spoke with the man behind Morgan — British actor Lennie James — about playing crazy, the joy of explaining Morgan’s unseen story, and when we might be seeing the character again. (Click through both pages to read the entire interview and see more exclusive photos from the episode.)

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: So after you appeared in the very first episode of The Walking Dead, what was the dialogue like then about you possibly coming back at some point?

LENNIE JAMES: The initial dialogue was very straightforward really. The source material they had was the graphic novels, and what was said was that in the graphic novels Morgan comes back, so there is every possibility — and that was about as much as what was said. And I knew going in when I shot the pilot that I’m there on the pilot and dependent on how it goes, at some point there is the possibility of the character coming back.

Were there any other points in the past like last season where you were close to coming back but didn’t?
There were. It was a very weird thing and to a certain extent it kind of took everybody by surprise. As an actor, I had a really good time doing the pilot and it was a lot of fun, but the fans’ reaction to Morgan almost had a double effect on the show and on the journey of the character in the sense that there was such a huge reaction to him. Every job I’ve done since The Walking Dead somebody in an interview would ask, “Are you coming back to The Walking Dead?” And in a weird way, that gave faith to the writers and producers that bringing back Morgan would be something that the fans would appreciate. But on the other level, it made it that you couldn’t just bring him back for something so-so. When you brought him back, it had to be the right time and it had to be something juicy. And I think that to a certain extent may have stretched out the time they had in their minds to being him back — or encouraged them that they could stretch out the time to bring him back to keep people interested. But I think this episode feels like the right time for Morgan to be back, and it feels like the right way in which for him to come back.

What was it like trying to refamiliarize yourself with a character you played for only one episode over two years ago, but also one who is now so different from last time we saw him?
To be absolutely honest, that was the thing I was most looking forward to. That was the thing I was most excited about, was matching the guy up from the first episode to the guy who we see in episode 12 of season 3. And that’s a rare opportunity for an actor, when you have not seen him in between to come back. He could have shown up in a pink tutu with a dragon head and it couldn’t have been more exciting that bringing him back in the state he was in for this episode. That’s a rarity. That’s a joy. And I said to [exec producers] Glen Mazzara and Gale Anne Hurd that the thing I was most looking forward to was joining the dots and telling the story of the journey of Morgan that the audience hasn’t seen.
In that moment you first see him with the shoot-out on the street, and him coming down, him getting shot by Carl, and then the reveal — we were all just kind of jumping around going “This will work!” So that bit was far from something I saw as being difficult or tricky. It was the easy bit. In fact, shooting all of the episode was really easy. It’s easy to shoot good script and good storytelling. Before I had to get my head into the unseen journey of Morgan, the writers had to get their heads into the unseen journey of Morgan. They had to join the dots long before I did. So in a weird way, my job was done for me and I just got to show up and have as much fun as was humanly possible in Atlanta with my mate Andy.

EW: Playing crazy – for lack of a better word — I imagine for an actor can be pretty scary because you’re really putting yourself out there when you do that. If everything doesn’t work out right, it can come off looking silly.
LENNIE JAMES: If you start thinking, Oh, this could be dodgy and not very good, then in a way you’re already censoring yourself and already holding yourself back. And that’s not fun. In this utterly unreal and surreal world of The Walking Dead, I’ve got to find moments of reality. And this guy when we left him was a man at a window who could not shoot his wife who had become a zombie, and that’s already crazy. And then when we meet him again, he’s a man who couldn’t shoot his wife who had become a zombie for an even longer period of time, and then only came up and shot her after she had already bitten his son to turn him into a zombie, and then he had to kill his son as well. If you look at the logic within the world of this guy, that is going to leave you with nothing but depths of grief and guilt and craziness.

And I don’t think about Morgan as me playing a crazy man. I think about Morgan as me playing a guy who has gone through this series of events and is trying to find some way of surviving. And he’s got to survive. He tried to kill himself and that didn’t work, so he’s come up with what is for him this perfectly logical reason why he is still around, and the logical reason why he is still around is that he’s here for a purpose. The fact that he was punished for not killing must mean that somebody somewhere has put him here for a purpose, and that purpose is to kill. And that’s his logic. And he said he’s there to “clear.” The walkers have been a plague on his life and they are a plague in this world and he’s got to clear that plague. That’s his logic. Is it crazy to everybody else? Yes. Is it crazy to Morgan? At this stage, absolutely not.

Morgan seems to be a pretty instrumental character at this stage because he’s almost like a warning sign to Rick, who’s having his own mental stability issues. Was that conveyed to you in terms of Rick’s story at this point?
No, but I’m a smart enough fellow to figure out right at the beginning there was the possibility of Morgan being a mirror to Rick in the sense that they are both fathers of sons and they end being two men who have lost wives and they’re two men who have taken on a sense of responsibility in this world. In the first episode, there’s a moment where Morgan shakes Rick’s hand and says “You’re a good man, Rick.” And I think it’s two good men at that stage. And like I said before, we are aware of Rick’s journey because that’s what we’ve been watching over the last three seasons. But we’ve been unaware of Morgan’s journey because we haven’t seen it. So when they do come together, he is kind of a mirror to Rick. He’s kind of going, however bad you think it’s been for you, thank God you’re not me, And whatever choices you take in the future, look at the mistakes I’ve made, both in the first episode and in this one. It’s relevant that Morgan has acted as a teacher to Rick. And in this one it’s a lot about look after your son, and don’t go too far down the crazy road. And I think that’s his message. And for Morgan, Rick represents the ability to hold onto your humanity in this world of The Walking Dead, where most people are losing theirs

It’s been two and a half seasons since we last saw Morgan. Can we hope that it won’t be so long before he pops up again?
I have no idea. If it is two and a half years, then one thing is for sure and that is that The Walking Dead is an even more successful show than it is at this moment in time. I love working with Andy and have enjoyed my time in Atlanta on The Walking Dead so whenever they will or won’t want me again and if I can make myself available to them I will make myself available to them. I enjoy playing this guy. I enjoy my time down there. But the answer to that question — as before — was never in my hands.

Last edited by Dakota; March 8th, 2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old March 11th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Here's the first news story that I found interesting today that wasn't a review of yesterday's episode!

‘Oz the Great and Powerful’ and ‘Walking Dead’? Nicotero is connection
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Time on March 11
At first glance, “Oz the Great and Powerful” might not seem to have a lot in common with AMC’s hit zombie series “The Walking Dead,” but they share one key element: Greg Nicotero.

The veteran makeup artist now spends much of his time on the Georgia set of the popular show, serving as co-executive producer and directing episodes as well, but he also worked with Howard Berger and the artisans at their shop, KNB EFX Group, to create the fantastic looks for director Sam Raimi’s voyage to the world of Oz created by L. Frank Baum.

In Raimi’s vision, that land is populated by creations such as the China Girl (Joey King) and Finley (Zach Braff), the talking monkey that becomes a key companion for James Franco as his magician con man travels through the fantastic landscape and quickly becomes involved in a war between witches for control of the realm.

Hero Complex recently chatted via email with Nicotero – whose relationship with Raimi extends back decades and includes some of the director’s fan-favorite horror films — to discuss the contributions he and his team made to the complicated production.

HC: How does a shop like KNB prepare for a shoot like “Oz the Great and Powerful”? How many makeup artists work on a project of this scale and how many prosthetic makeup applications were required for the production?

GN: We had about 70 artists at KNB working on this project. Having worked most recently with Sam on [the 2009 film] “Drag Me to Hell,” capping nearly an 18-year partnership. He had commented to me how much fun it was after all these years to still be working together. The collaboration was quite a bit of fun. We started with concept art by John Wheaton and Bernie Wrightson (some of which for the witch’s flying monkeys was astounding) then moved into art for the Munchkins, Tinkers and the Wicked Witch. From there sculptures were done by Norman Cabrera, Jaremy Aiello, Garrett Immel, Andy Schoneberg, Nick Marra and David Grasso to translate the artwork into 3-D maquettes and sculptures. Carey Jones, our shop supervisor, worked tirelessly to facilitate the manufacture of the prosthetics, wigs and puppets for the show. It was a large makeup undertaking, but the work we did on the China Girl, from sculpture by Jaremy Aiello to completion by Alex Diaz, will go virtually unseen. We did our first tests of that in L.A. and then worked with a marionette to allow the performance to be captured on set per Sam’s request as accurately as possible. Dave Wogh also built monitors that we could puppeteer on set so that the actors could see and interact with our motion capture performers.

HC: Are there unique challenges to working on a 3-D movie that will have so many visual effects added during post-production?

GN: Shooting digitally always adds another layer of detail, which proves challenging on set when dealing with coloration of prosthetics and edges. We spent quite a bit of time testing in L.A., then the team in Michigan [where the film was shot] continued to refine and test. We probably did five different witch sculptures to refine as we went. That is a luxury we had on “Oz” we don’t get on many other shows, the chance to test and work out issues, then revisit them from the ground up. That is why the build phase at KNB is so crucial, and Carey Jones couldn’t have handled that better once the team left for Michigan.

HC: How many makeup artists do you routinely employ? Did you need to hire additional people in Michigan for the production?

GN: We have a core group of 35 people at KNB and then as each show comes in we spread them out. I have a great team that joins me in Georgia on “The Walking Dead,” and just as recently as January we had artists in Austin on [Robert Rodriguez's upcoming film "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For."] I personally like to take people from the studio to location — who knows the character better than the person that sculpted and tested it? — so that is a large plus for me.

HC: Can you describe what kind of work went into getting the Munchkins ready? How did you and Howard Berger develop their look and what was it like on the days where you had all the actors playing Munchkins working?

GN: The Munchkin art was quite a departure from what could be translated into makeup work, so we began working on stylized hair pieces and slight prosthetics. The goal wasn’t to cover people entirely but use the whimsical aspect of the actor’s faces and augment them with subtle pieces and great hair accents.

HC: There’s a certain witch in the film who becomes significantly less beautiful by the end of the movie. Some fans might suggest that she bears a resemblance to some of the baddies who’ve appeared in Sam Raimi’s earlier films. Would they be right or is that just a coincidence?

GN: Sam has a very light-hearted affection for his past films proven brilliantly by “Drag Me to Hell,” which shows his love for the genre. Having a wee bit of a nod to what we referred to as the “heinous horror hag” always brings a smile to the fans of Sam’s earlier work.

Anyway, wow, yesterday's episode. This whole series is really pushing my at the edge of my seat, I'm sort of expecting someone to randomly go bam bam at this point. Anyway, the topic of this week is a very simple one: Who do you believe will draw first blood?
Old March 13th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Fairy
believe

Fooooo I should have posted this forever ago! D:

Anyway, love the news article! Very awesome that they share makeup artists. If Nicotero's work on TWD is any indicator of the makeups he'll do on Oz, than at the very least it'll be a great looking show. xD

Now, episode, damn. Super excited to see that Rick is finally using his position to manipulate the group too. I mean, I know it sounds bad... but sometimes you need to make critical decisions lies like that in order to keep your people safe, right? Rick had done something like this before when they went to the CDC, didn't he? And what's-his-face-crazy-science-guy told Rick that he and the others had already contracted the virus and would turn regardless of how they died and Rick withheld that information. Something like that lol. I definitely want to see how Rick and the group develop from all that. Not to mention Michonne. ;p

Anyway, I think it's pretty clear that this fight between the Governor and the prison is going to hit it's climax soon. And personally, I think Rick and the group did really well when they ambushed Woodbury first, so if they're planing on being strategic whatsoever, Rick better draw first blood. >:) However, the Governor at this moment has more resources and more leverage over the prison group.. so it's really become a battle between brains and brawn, in my opinion.
pixel joint x friend code x dream address
Old March 15th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

Ugh haven't posted in a while here. The last episode to me seemed like a filler episode, but still the tension right now is great and the showdown is gonna be epic. It should be interesting who finally kills the governor though It could be Rick, Andrea, Michonne, maybe Milton???(jk not Milton) but yeah the next episode should be much better.

"By force of will!"
Old March 15th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Yeah, I had the filler feeling stuck in my head too. As far as I can tell, the last few scenes with Rick and Phil lying to their respective groups was the most important bit of the episode. The sneak peak of next week's episode interests me more, though. Andrea seems like she finally got things set straight.
Old March 15th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Fairy
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodex View Post
Yeah, I had the filler feeling stuck in my head too. As far as I can tell, the last few scenes with Rick and Phil lying to their respective groups was the most important bit of the episode. The sneak peak of next week's episode interests me more, though. Andrea seems like she finally got things set straight.
I second this. I think we can all agree that it's about damn time Andrea got her act together. :c She's such an awesome character and I really want to see her be that amazing woman she is in the comic we know she is.

Speaking of the comic, on March 13th issue 108 of the Walking Dead was released. This issue is part 6/6 of the latest arc and marks the end of Volume 18! Issue 109 is the beginning of Volume 19 and will be released on April 10th.
Spoiler:
Rumors have it that issue 109 is about Maggie and Sophia picking up the pieces after Glenn's dea---- uhhhhhh.. accident. >_>;
Old March 17th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Alexia... wut. That spoiler better not say what I think it says. :c

And sorry guys, I've been extremely busy the last few days, I'll try to get a news update as soon as possible. In the meanwhile, a new episode airs today, dont forget!
Old March 17th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

Oh YAY! I cannot wait for tonight's episode, but I really really want this one to have some action and I want Andrea to step up and do something with her amazing character. It is going to be interesting to see what happens with Michonne OMG I just wish it was airing right now!

"By force of will!"
Old March 18th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

I'll update this post with news and the new TotW soon, hopefully, but got yesterday's episode was such an improvement. Despite it being so Andrea-based, it was really good and I liked it. The last scene was amazing. Seriously.
Old March 18th, 2013, 06:21 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
I like how even when Andrea starts to get her act together... she still can't do anything right. (like escaping) It shows the writers have had her stay true to her character! Also, I'm thinking that next episode there will some interesting scenes between Andrea and the Governor, more likely than not very reminiscent of the scenes between the Governor and Michonne in the comics. D: That's my personal theory at least.
Old March 18th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Zissou
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Post
I like how even when Andrea starts to get her act together... she still can't do anything right. (like escaping) It shows the writers have had her stay true to her character! Also, I'm thinking that next episode there will some interesting scenes between Andrea and the Governor, more likely than not very reminiscent of the scenes between the Governor and Michonne in the comics. D: That's my personal theory at least.
Ugh... I'm already cringing just thinking about it! I'm surprised at how far the show has pushed the limit when it comes to violence, but the sexual violence and torture have been quite graphic.

Andrea just doesn't seem to think things through as far as she needs to. She's obviously attracted to power, but just doesn't know when to call it quits. This would all have been so much easier if she'd just killed Phillip when she had the chance! Martinez would have taken over and that wouldn't have been good, but he's nowhere near as strategically devious or intelligent as Phillip. Taking him out and replacing him with Milton would be a piece of cake for Andrea, especially if she had the presence of mind to keep Michonne with her.

I sincerely hope Rick and company get their act together and snatch Tyreese up while they can. He can easily become the most valuable member of the group if he's given the chance, but Rick's crazy just won't let it happen yet.

Regardless of the outcome, I'm very excited to sit down with nice grilled-cheese sandwich and watch the next episode with Alexial!

The spoiler below is NOT going to ruin anything for anyone unless you've already read the one in Alexial's post.

Spoiler:
Blood, the spoiler in Alexial's post likely says exactly what you think it does. Pick up the past 4 or 5 issues from Comixology or something!!! You won't believe how much has happened in TWD since Thanksgiving and the next few months are undoubtedly going to change the future of the series more than any story arc has before. Rick is actually likely to die!!!

Last edited by Zissou; March 18th, 2013 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Added spoiler for Blood
Old March 19th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

While I was disappointed that we still haven't seen the 2 sides engage in war yet, that episode was very exciting. It was suspenseful and gave Andrea a chance to step up even though she failed. I really hope that she redeems herself because she is one of my favorite characters but really has disappointed me this season. As for her safety I don't think she will be killed, but I am worried about the torture she will go under from the Governor, and just hope that she is the one to kill that man.

Sadly I think that we will be losing Milton probably this episode. He has grown on me and I really like him, but the governor now hates him, and if Milton finds out about Andrea and tries to step in and save her I just see his time ending then and there.

Can't wait until Sunday!

"By force of will!"
Old March 21st, 2013, 03:50 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Walking Dead: Survival Instinct Contest
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walking Dead Facebook Page on March 21
Contest now open! Enter to win this copy of TWD: Survival Instinct that was cradled in Daryl Dixon's arms before he signed it just for you! Details: https://twitter.com/WalkingDead_AMC/...64101517717504

For the link to the actual post, click here

This isn't my actual news update, I've been extremely busy this week. I felt I should post this up, though, since it's a cool event.

My thoughts on the episode coming eventually. :c
Old March 21st, 2013, 04:51 PM
A3R0D4C7YL
Dark Type Master

Hey i LOVE the Walking Dead! So here...
Name:A3R0D4C7YL
Fav. Character:Daryl~Crossbows plus badass attitude=the best
Quiz:I got Rick...although im a follower

My Youtube: http://youtube.com/superstition456
So yea...subscribe or something!

Aerodactyl! Weavile! ATTACK!!!

Old March 21st, 2013, 07:06 PM
Fairy
believe

I heard TWD videogame was a total flop. ;(

Here's Kotaku's Review

lmao Apparently no one saw fit to play test it before they released it. There's supposedly a point in the game that you just cannot pass due to a graphical error. It's like, invisible wall wut? Then again, it would have been totally worth it had they only wanted like 10 bucks or something. Anything more is just jumping on "TWD money bandwagon". Sad to see Daryl's name get wrapped up in this train wreck.

But I haven't played it so... I can't say for certain. I'll let you guys know when the price drops. ;)
Old March 22nd, 2013, 02:48 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct (Game Informer Review)
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameinformer on March 21
Daryl Dixon is one of the most unpredictable, flawed, enigmatic, and loved characters on AMC’s The Walking Dead. He is fueled by emotional turmoil – often ignited by his brother, Merle. What show-watchers may soon learn, however, is that most of his unrest probably originates from a moment in his past. More specifically, it comes from the fact that he had to be involved in Terminal Reality’s The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct.

Aptly billed as an “unforgiving prelude to the TV series” on the back of the box, Daryl’s journey in this zombie apocalypse is punishing. Those of you who are brave enough to see his origin story through to the end are in for one of the roughest rides of this gaming generation.

I didn’t start begging the game for mercy until the second of three acts began. The first act shows a lot of promise out of the gate, blending slow-moving stealth gameplay with an exploration component that pushes you to hunt for food, weapons, ammunition, and gasoline. Players also find other survivors who join Daryl if he helps them. The player learns early on that a gunshot – or any kind of noise, for that matter – alerts zombies to Daryl’s location. Quietly disposing of the undead is the best tactic. This is accomplished by crouch-walking, followed by a quick knife-stab to the zombie’s brain. This technique is handled exceptionally well. Carefully planning attacks to clear out an entire field of walkers without alerting any of them feels pretty good…until you realize you are wasting your time doing so.

If zombies grab Daryl, they won’t sink their teeth into him right away. Daryl always has a two- to three-second chance to jab a knife into their head via an incredibly easy quick-time event. Here’s the kicker: If a swarm of zombies bears down on Daryl, they won’t attack him if one of their ranks has already grabbed him. Once that zombie takes a knife to the face, all of the others queue up for subsequent QTEs. You can string together one-hit kills while taking hardly any damage.

Backpedaling with an axe – which can deliver a one-hit kill with a charged attack – is just as effective, and more entertaining since a zombie’s severed head comically flies 30 feet in the air each time the blow lands. Rather than slowly sneaking through the world, I sprinted right out into the middle of an area and lured all of the zombies my way so I could dispose of them in the most time-efficient way possible. It almost started to feel like a speed run.

Firearms only add insult to injury for your shambling foes. Since the zombies move at a snail’s pace, lining up shots where you take out two heads with one bullet is easy. The gun also does a nice job of creating noise, which rounds them up for slaughter. Empty a clip or two, and then pull out the axe or knife to finish off the stragglers.

The action never deviates from the formula presented in the opening minutes. Only one type of enemy exists: the basic zombie. Many of them look exactly the same. The only progression that Terminal Reality offers is a drip feed of firearms. You get a pistol and rifle early on. The shotgun comes next, followed by Daryl’s crossbow (which functions horribly), and finally an assault rifle. The last stage is designed to be a lengthy zombie-killing spree, but I found that rather than sitting back and unloading assault rifle clips into them, Daryl can run past all of them unharmed, reaching the level exit in about two minutes.

After any level concludes, Daryl and his survivors hit the road. The amount of gas determines how far they can travel. I love the idea behind this, but the execution leaves much to be desired. If a vehicle runs out of gas, Daryl has to find more. At this point, he's forced to scavenge in smaller side areas. The problem: He enters the same area numerous times throughout the course of the game. I trekked across the same city street filled with school buses three times in a row. The buildings I could enter in this environment were the same ones I entered in the previous story area, only with rearranged items. Most of the stores Daryl frequents all end up looking the same, too. We’re supposed to believe Daryl is traveling across Georgia, but with most of the stages looking the same, it feels like he’s driving in circles and doesn’t realize it.

The survivors that join your fight can be sent off to find more supplies, which is handled much like Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood’s directives, but I never needed anything more than what I found in levels, outside of an occasional barrel of gas. Helping people out delivers a little bit of story context for Daryl and the world, but doesn’t help much on the gameplay end.

The story delivers two interesting points that fans may want to know. The first of these happens within the first few minutes of play. The second can’t be seen until act 2, when Daryl runs into his brother.

Outside of these interesting narrative nuggets, Survival Instinct sinks its infected teeth into monotony and carelessly chews away at it to deliver a repetitious experience that lets a few cool ideas go to waste. This is an apocalypse you don’t want to survive.

GI Score: 5.00

Todd McFarlane teams with AMC's "The Walking Dead”
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Business Journal
Arizona comic book artist and action figure maker Todd McFarlane is hitching his business and creative bandwagon to AMC’s popular zombie television series “The Walking Dead.”

McFarlane — who lives in the Valley and has toy and action figure companies based in Tempe — has teamed with AMC to make action figures and other merchandise for the post-apocalyptic show.

He was on the “Talking Dead” show on Sunday. That show features actors, writers and others involved with the “Walking Dead” show.

“The Walking Dead” has been a ratings boon for AMC, grabbing as many as 11 million to 12 million viewers each Sunday night, according to Nielsen ratings and industry reports. That beats broadcast network shows on Sunday and several other nights.

“The Talking Dead” talk show even draws more than 2.5 million viewers, according to The New York Times.

McFarlane’s action figure business has already produced some Walking Dead action figures and recently announced five new action figures based on characters and zombies. The show is based on a popular graphic novel series of the same name.

McFarlane’s has an action figure store in Glendale at the Westgate Entertainment District. Todd McFarlane Productions, Inc. is based in Tempe.

The Walking Dead Soundtrack Now Available for Download
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMC on March 17
Today, AMC and Republic Records announce that "The Walking Dead AMC Original Soundtrack -- Vol. 1" is now available for purchase on iTunes and Amazon. (The soundtrack lands in stores on Tue., Mar. 19.) Showcasing music featured on the Emmy Award-winning AMC series, this collection proves essential listening for viewers and zombie enthusiasts everywhere.

Already, three incendiary tracks from the album have been released: Emily Kinney and Lauren Cohan's powerful folk elegy "The Parting Glass," Baby Bee's guitar-heavy zombie blues jam "Love Bug," and Jamie N Commons' soulful "Lead Me Home."

The full compilation includes previously unreleased material like"Sinking Man" from multiplatinum-selling Icelandic alternative folk sensation Of Monsters and Men, an UNKLE remix of composer Bear McCreary's "Main Title Theme Song," Delta Spirit's "Running" and more. Just like the show, the soundtrack remains a dynamic powerhouse replete with unforgettable moments.

The Walking Dead (AMC Original Soundtrack - Vol. 1) includes the following tracks:

1. Jamie N Commons - "Lead Me Home"
2. Bear McCreary - "Main Title Theme Song" (UNKLE Remix)
3. Voxhaul Broadcast - "You Are The Wilderness"
4. Baby Bee - "Love Bug"
5. Fink - "Warm Shadow" (Dactyl Remix)
6. Of Monsters And Men - "Sinking Man"
7. Emily Kinney and Lauren Cohan (Beth & Maggie Greene)- "The Parting Glass"
8. Delta Spirit - "Running"

Might have missed something important, since I rushed this, but that's the news update for now. I kind of foresaw the game being as bad as GI claims it to be, to be honest. I mean, I hoped it wasn't, but that obviously didn't happen. Video game adaptions of shows or movies never appear to work. :c Alexia, let us know how the game is if you play it! I'd play it myself, but I'm still saving for DmC and DS3 ugh.

Anyway, due to my tardiness, which I apologize for, no TotW this week. Just wait for the new episode. :3

Also, Aerodactyl, welcome to the club!

Last edited by Dakota; March 22nd, 2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old March 24th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Fairy
believe

Oh snap people.

Ya'll watch that episode? Ya'll see that crazy, jacked-up shiz? I'll spoiler my comment in case you guys haven't seen it yet.

Spoiler:
DARYL NOOOOOO. Figures, the only episode I give half a damn about Merle. :c Anyone else notice that Glenn took the same two fingers off the walker for Maggie that the Governor took from Merle? Symbolism much?
Old March 24th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

Ok so that episode OMG!!!! It was so amazing, especially at the end. I could not have even predicted such a thing was gonna happen and right now I am totally speechless. I was so sad to see Merle die especially after what he did(and what he did was so smart I could not believe it). The pure emotions of the episode made it as great as it was. Darly having to put Merle down was the excitement that the show had been missing the past few weeks.

Also the Glen and Maggie thing was so sweet <3

Next week should be GREAT!

"By force of will!"
Old March 24th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Fairy
believe

Agreed! I can't believe next episode is going to be the season finale! D; So glad they finally broke the filler strain they've been on for the past three episodes. Can't wait to see the Governor's official rampage on the prison.

I've been asking for tanks this entire season. I better get tanks dammit. >;)
Old March 24th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Magykx
It's too cold for you here.

Nature: Bold
-Username: Magykx
-Favorite character and why: Michonne. She is just awesome with that sword. I've loved her since the beginning.
-Go to this link here. Take the quiz and find out which Walking Dead character you match best. Post your result here! I'm going incorporate the result into the member list: Dale

Ahh! Tonight's episode! MERLE! There were so many times I was literally on the edge of my seat with this episode.
Old March 24th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Fairy
believe

Lmfao I found Glenn and Maggie's inner reactions to Merle's death.

Spoiler:
Old March 25th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Mag, welcome to the club! And what a time to come, holy crap. That, ladies and gentlemen, is what I call a show. The whole thing was well done, and the last scene was so amazing and intense, yet so sad. I'll be honest, I always loved to hate Merle, since that whole fight with T-Bone on the roof. The amount of sympathy that this last episode managed to create in the space of an hour for a character I hated so much is amazing. I actually started to somewhat like Merle after he let Michonne go. When that scene with the Governor ripping off Merle's fingers (and yes, I noted the symbolism), I kinda foresaw Merle's death. I didn't forsee the Governor leaving Merle as a walker though. That moment when Daryl looked into the eyes of his dead brother, my heart actually went out to him. I was actually on my seat, not necessarily in tears, but really sad. Kudos to Michael Rooker and Norman Reedus to what was most likely my favorite scene in the whole season so far.

Aside from that, I really liked Rick's speech about how they got to vote, and Rick wasn't their governor. I thought it was well said. The only issue I had with it was that I was totally expecting Rick to say "We are the walking dead" somewhere in there. iirc the speech hasn't been said yet on TV.

Glenn's proposal was really cute, even if it was simple. Only thing I wish they had incorporated was Glenn asking for Hershel's consent like in the comic. Might as well make use of the old man, considering the dude is still alive somehow.

EDIT: Okay, nevermind, he did ask Hershel. I missed that whole scene, whoops.

Anyway, a new episode brings back a new topic of the week. And I'm going to make this week's one really simple. How do you think/want this to all go down? Who dies? Who lives? And does the Governor die, and if so how?

Last edited by Dakota; March 25th, 2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old March 25th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

I am so excited and I believe there will be many deaths. This is how I see it:

Live:
Rick
Michonne
Andrea
Maggie
Glen
Daryl
Carol
Tyreese
Carl
A few Woodbury citizens

Dies:
The Governor
Allen
Sasha
Milton
Martinez
Hershel
Beth
Numerous Woodbury citizens
and a hell of a lot of walkers

Maybe:
Judith( I don't want to see anything happen to Judith, but idk if she will survive the war).
Morgan

"By force of will!"

Last edited by Powalen; March 25th, 2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old March 25th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Fairy
believe

My bet is Carol dying. I'd hate to see it happen, but she doesn't last beyond the prison arc in the comic if they really want to unhinge Daryl, that'll be the thing that does it. Or Judith, I guess because she doesn't live after the prison either sooooo.

Jelli, add Morgan to the maybe list.

Lastly, the Governor has to go. ;( Like, I love what they've done with his character and whatnot... but unless he has a total epiphany and becomes a good guy, I'd be really, really disappointed to see him in season 4 omg
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links