• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lotus,Lotus

KLS

PC's Eternal Witness
Years
  • Oh lotus, lotus, I'll always nurture and care for you,
    you?ll grow with abundance and patience;
    bringing joy to those that you seek

May you drift like the wind carefree yet so passionate
    you represent innocence so please.

purge away thy guilt,
    one day you?ll become a magnificent lotus
    and inspire others with your beauty

enjoy.
    (edit 1: yeah i forgot to put it in stanza form).

Last edited:

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • Nicely done KLS ^^. The Lotus seems to refer to a kind, gentle person whose presence just emits positive energy everywhere they go, and that energy gets spread to anyone around.

Really impressive poetry, I loved the word play you used to describe more of the Lotus, and the characteristics of it as well.

Its not a big deal, but it would be a little neater if you put in into stanza form, such as:

Oh Lotus, Lotus, I'll always nurture and care for you,
    you?ll grow with abundance and patience;
    bringing joy to those that you seek.

May you drift like the wind carefree yet so passionate
    you represent innocence so please.

Wash away thy guilt,
    one day you?ll become a magnificent lotus
    and inspire others with your beauty.

But its not a big deal with the way you put it, but then again, everyone has their own opionion about how things should be done ^^'.

Last edited:

Kelsey

~-*-~-*-~-*-~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2005
    KLS said:
    oh lotus, lotus, I'll always nurture and care for you,
    you?ll grow with abundance and patience; bringing joy to those that you seek
    may you drift like the wind carefree yet so passionate
    you represent innocence so please, wash away thy guilt
    one day you?ll become a magnificent lotus and you?ll inspire others with your beauty

enjoy.

Oh, this one was very insightful, KLS. ^____^

This poem made me think of it as a lullaby that a mother was reciting to her child. <3 I love how it's encouraging others to grow and learn and just live out life as a happy soul, filled with hope, not sorrow.

I didn't spot any spelling errors, so kudos to you! ^o^ I also loved how this poem not only inspires others to do their best, but to return the favor by also encouraging even more to be the best they can. ^____^ Great job KLS. ^^

EDIT: I forgot to note, that it would be better to put your poem into stanza form. But, seeing as Lance has already pointed this out in an example, I needn't show you how to do it again. ^.~

~Kelsey

Back