Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General
Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 11th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Cavalreaper
Pokemon Breeder

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Back when the anime first aired, I used to tilt my head at their attempts of localization. Calling a rice ball a jelly-filled doughnut, for example.
Tumblr | DeviantART | YouTube
Old April 11th, 2013, 12:54 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
My incredibly crap luck on Confusion, usually hitting myself more than the other Pokémon and flinching. My Pokémon flinch at the worst times.
T!M
Old April 15th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Minato Arisato
Memento mori...

Nature: Quiet
Running around the Distortion World in Platinum and wondering why the hell didn't Cynthia battle Cyrus for me. She's right there with level 58-62 Pokemon!
Old April 15th, 2013, 07:23 PM
TaylorJ52
Safe Driver

Nature: Docile
My top "What the Hell??" Moment?
Cinnabar Island.
Missingo.
'Nough said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somniac View Post
The fact that even the mammals lay eggs, I mean I understand why they have it that way for a kids program, but c'mon talk about teaching kids incorrect ideas.
Echidnas and platypuses both lay Pre-birds. Clearly all Pokémon are related to the two.

Last edited by TaylorJ52; April 15th, 2013 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 15th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
It's when the Pokemon lives without eating anything in the game. Plus the player doesn't tire out xD
Old April 16th, 2013, 05:48 AM
dragonfly_dust
Look at my avatar! Nuff said.

Game wise, when I found out Black & White would scrapped the idea of Pokemon following behind you from HeartGold and SoulSilver. WTH?!?! That was awesome!

Anime wise, why is Pikachu is getting beaten in a Pokemon battle at all at this point?! It HAS to be at level 100 by now. Just because Ash is staying 10 years old forever doesn't mean Pikachu has never levels up!

Like the sprites you see here?
Want a custom one of your very own?

Come on down to DD's Sprite Shop~!

Old April 16th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Aurora
dead until the 29th

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Aurora
I've never watched the anime, so I can't really think of "what the hell" periods from that ._. However, I have plenty from the games, one of which being in Diamond: "What the hell is this on my lower screen?" Being eight, I was quite confused about the function of the Poketch, and so abhorred it, casting it and the touch screen to the depths of oblivion.
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\

server modblogmy lovely pair <3twitterfighting for social justice • skype me: auroracr9826
Old April 17th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Lifebloom
Brooklyn We Go Hard

The amount of immunity characters have to fall damage in the anime. They probably built the roads out of Styrofoam to be able to walk off with no sweat after falling on solid 'concrete'.

In the games: Dat Silph Co. architecture! The employees must have a hell of a time trying to navigate that atrocity.
Old April 17th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Mochi

When a Spoink stops bouncing, it dies.

That's kind of eerie, lol. Can't help but wonder how they handle being able to be stationary as a Grumpig. Either immense relief or paranoia at being still and not dying :p
Old April 17th, 2013, 11:30 AM
TheLaserLuke
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Mild
My WTH moments in the anime was when this dissappeared.

And in the games some of the Pokedex Entries.
Jellicent: If its veil-like arms stun and wrap a foe, that foe will be dragged miles below the surface, never to return.
Cubone: When it thinks of its dead mother, it cries. Its crying makes the skull it wears rattle hollowly.
Chandelure: Being consumed in Chandelure's flame burns up the spirit, leaving the body behind.
Duskull: It loves the crying of children. It startles bad kids by passing through walls and making them cry.

Like some of these entries are just.. wow..
This signature has been disabled.
Much too big. Scrollbar appears both on slim and extended widths.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 17th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
I just remembered the Pokedex entry for Darumaka... "Darumaka's droppings are hot, so people used to put them in their clothes to keep themselves warm."

Old April 17th, 2013, 01:57 PM
JohnnyJ773
Wanderer from Cianwood City

Nature: Modest
That's gross, lol.... What makes me go wth is in the games why do the trainers you encounter spin around in circles like a bunch of idiots. Day and night.

BLACK 2 FC:1550-4719-5621HEART GOLD FC: 3483-2756-6167
Old April 17th, 2013, 06:53 PM
rliberto2

"What the Hell?"

Finding out that certain types are super-effective against other types you would never expect. Like Fighting being super-effective against Ice. Or just the fact that electric moves are neutral against pure-rock types!
Old April 18th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to #18
Yamask's Pokedex entry...

Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry.

So some Pokemon were once humans, that sure makes you think. Doesn't James own a Yamask now?

❤ 18
Old April 18th, 2013, 07:45 PM
iMor
All Things Ditto

Nature: Lax
The fact that Mr. Mime can be female is a bit odd.
Also, I don't understand how some Pokemon have clothes.
  • All Jynx have dresses
  • All Hitmonchans have weird skirt-tunic things
  • All Machoke/Machamp have girdles (the underwear things they have)

I wonder if the clothes are just a part of the Pokemon or if they have to dress in them every time they wake up.
Why can't I just be me?
Old April 18th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

How is water not strong against electric? Shouldnt they get shorted out or something?
If you play the pokemon trading card game, or if you're just a collector, check out tradecardsonline.com, and be sure to put my name, demonshade, in the referral box if you decide to make an account.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ACDCRocks780
Old April 18th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Food.

★Swellow eats Wurmple, and I find it a bit odd, especially since all Pokémon are significant, and what happens if a fellow Trainer's Wurmple gets eaten? (WTH?)

★What do people eat? Meat? Chicken? They eat Torchics? (WTH?)

★Do huge carnivore-like Pokémon eat people? I can't imagine... (WTH?)
~
Old April 19th, 2013, 12:24 AM
Pixadom
Unhatched Egg

Getting air lifted by a pidgey or swimming on a Pokemon that clearly wouldn't be able to handle the weight of a human. But, games don't need to make sense! Right?

PIXADOM - FREE ONLINE 2D PIXEL MONSTER MMORPG

Pixadom is a free 2D online pixel MMORPG where you can fight monsters, meet new people, chat and play games, explore the virtual Pixadom world, battle with other players, complete quests, earn XP, and more!
Old April 19th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Meeklish
Sugarbby ::.

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Meeklish
In the anime I've always wondered if Ash is forever young. xD He's always 10 yrs old and not a single birthday. Oh, Jessie and James too. Don't they have other missions apart from getting Pikachu and making poems?

Ghost Pokemon. I mean, really. Pokemon in games only pretty much faint. Yet there are cemeteries for dead Pokemon and wild ghost Pokemon inhabiting them.

In games, well, sleep status on Pokemon = still able to run away. -.- What. Also Pokedex entries like Darumaka's. e_e

And how can a HUGE pokemon (like legendaries) fit inside one tiny little Pokeball. Really, tell me. How. xp
ペロッパフ
-- The cotton candy Pokemon
PCdAFF
Old April 20th, 2013, 06:01 AM
lmcde22

Why did Mewtwo never leave the cave? like c'mon it's the most powerful pokemon in history and it cant leave because there's some dude blocking the entrance? righto gamefreak.
To be the best you have to beat the best.
Fire-Type Friend Safari: 3067-5658-5984
PM your FC and Safari Type if you add
Old April 20th, 2013, 06:23 AM
stp
ShootThePuck

Apparently only a ten year old Pokemon trainer can find legendaries, because everyone else in the region is braindead.
Old April 20th, 2013, 02:28 PM
TheTwilitTrainer

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticGlameow View Post
In Pokemon Pearl, you buy mulch and the girl says, "It's made from Pokemon...you know..."

I've never seen Pokemon doo in the games or show
I read that as "It's made from Pokemon, you know." 0.0

Why do little children have Pokemon, and yet the player-character is like 10-12 years old, living RIGHT NEXT TO TALL GRASS, not have even a Rattata?!

Why can't I just use inferno on Ghetsis before he sends out his next Pokemon? I mean, I do respect honor and all, but HE WANTS TO BE THE HITLER OF POKEMON! Just take 'im out when he's defenseless! *grumblegrumble* Kid's game. *grumblegrumble*
Old April 20th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Rickfields
Togepi

Was in the bell tower last night in HeartGold... How does that old tower have teleporters, but new structures don't? And that kimono girl getting stuck on ice so smooth, most hockey rinks would be jealous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoot|The|Puck View Post
Apparently only a ten year old Pokemon trainer can find legendaries, because everyone else in the region is braindead.
This. Everyone is like "omg, the legendary is here!" And some 12 year old trainer is the only one with enough balls to throw poke balls at the thing.

Last edited by Rickfields; April 20th, 2013 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 20th, 2013, 08:11 PM
lmcde22

Are Makuhita's boxing gloves actually part of it's body?
To be the best you have to beat the best.
Fire-Type Friend Safari: 3067-5658-5984
PM your FC and Safari Type if you add
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:01 PM
zdude18
Lone Wolf

Nature: Relaxed
1) how is ash not dead yet? all those thunderbolts and flamethrowers must have done something
2) how gary ages yet ash does not
3) weird pokedex entries, see drifloon, darumaka, duskull, litwick evo line, spoink, etc
4) how ash still doesnt like girls (i think he has pokephilia)
"No need to worry!" -- Dawn
SoulSilver: 4256 2377 0912
Platinum: 3483 1978 7658
White 2: 3397 3474 0556
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here