The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.


Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old March 29th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Jay_Foxx's Avatar
Jay_Foxx
Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Jay_Foxx

Advertise here
No one needs a gun, except those who are insecure with certain physical attributes and the cowards.
__________________

JAY
3411-1525-5963

Dark-Type Safari with: Sneasel, Vullaby & Liepard
Personal Website
Canadaquaria Forum nScale.net
"...many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." ~ Obi Wan Kenobi
  #77    
Old March 29th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Esper's Avatar
Esper
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
Neither method will help nor benefit with crime. Both will still have crime and gun shootings regardless it can't be controlled. There's nothing we can do about it, it's just the way it is.
Why do you insist that nothing can be done, nothing can stop criminals, etc. etc.?

I would like to know who you think "criminals" are exactly. You say they will do absolutely anything to get a gun like they are some unstoppable force of nature. Please explain why you think this because it does not at all match with what I think "criminals" are. I think they are like people, mostly, and know how to weigh the pros and cons of an action. Like, if you're a convicted criminal who's done their time in prison and now that you're free again and now allowed to own a gun, are you going to risk owning one even if it's incredibly easy to have a friend buy you one (which it is incredibly easy to do)? Some will, but many won't just because it's illegal. It's not worth the risk to them. I'd go on, but I want to hear your view first.
__________________

deviantart blog pair
  #78    
Old March 29th, 2013, 09:55 AM
ShinyUmbreon189's Avatar
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: suburbs
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Went View Post
I don't agree that some God cursed the US with regular mass shootings every week, mostly because there are dozens of countries where these things don't happen every week, or every month, or every year, but rather once in a decade or even more infrequently. Certainly, you can always have a crazy maniac getting guns and killing a hundred people as it happened in Norway a few years ago, but when you get crazy maniacs doing that every Thursday, maybe you need to consider that there is something that is being done wrong and which can be changed.

Gun violence is entirely a man-made problem, and, as such, can by solved by men. There are many things you can do about it, as many other countries have done. And guess what! I can't remember the last time there was a mass shooting in the UK and I feel much safer there than in a place where everybody is carrying a weapon that could kill you in a blink.
That's UK this is America they're both entirely different countries. America already has gun issues as it is and has a HUGE black market so even banning guns like in the UK wont solve anything. Plus mass shootings rarely happen up here and most of the shootings are single murder shootings. The only mass murders are school shootings and getting involved with gangs, mobs, cartel, mafia, etc and even then it's very rare. So I don't know what you're talking about gun laws will help America when in reality it wont do a thing.

@Scarf. You're completely ignoring what I'm saying when it comes to this topic. A majority of criminals nothing will stop them from getting a gun they will find a way. Just because guns are BANNED doesn't mean you can't get them doesn't make them harder to get doesn't make them easier to get. Especially when it comes to gangs, FYI most of the prison cells are filled with gang members or ex gang members and when they get out if they get out don't you think they have access to guns? Yea they got access to guns gangs get them through the black market. Do you realize how may members of gangs there are? There's millions upon millions gang members in the US alone and that doesn't include the smaller gangs with 100 or so members in each city. There's millions of mafia members, millions of mob members, millions of cartel members. About 35-40% of the population is crime affiliated groups and they can't get guns is what you're saying? Most of the shootings or gun related murders are through them. You can't take them down, they're too big. Our military couldn't even take them out like that.

Last edited by ShinyUmbreon189; March 29th, 2013 at 10:03 AM.
  #79    
Old March 29th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Mr. X's Avatar
Mr. X
Oops
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
You still haven't explained how making it easier for criminals to obtain guns will reduce gun crime.

I'm VERY interested in your logic on this.
__________________
Follower of Carlinism since 2008.

Come play Runescape
  #80    
Old March 29th, 2013, 10:05 AM
ShinyUmbreon189's Avatar
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: suburbs
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
Read my second paragraph.
  #81    
Old March 29th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Went's Avatar
Went
wonderful frog seed
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Madrid
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Send a message via Skype™ to Went
Quote:
About 35-40% of the population is crime affiliated groups
I very much would like to hear your sources because you are implying that there are +120 million gang members in the US. That's more than the turnout in the last elections, for instance. Those figures are ridiculous. Unless you consider your local tennis club as a gang.

Quote:
That's UK this is America they're both entirely different countries.
Around 200 years ago they weren't. So if two countries with nothing in common like Norway and the Uk can solve their problems with guns, I don't see why a country with as much in common with the UK as the US can't.

Quote:
gun laws will help America when in reality it wont do a thing.
Any tests, studies, investigations supporting the idea, or just your absolute belief on that idea?
__________________
Mario | "You might say I'm nosy or naive, but I just can't leave you alone."
  #82    
Old March 29th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Mr. X's Avatar
Mr. X
Oops
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
All your saying it that gun laws are pointless because it won't stop them from getting guns - Because they can't get them legally, they will resort to illegal means.

What I'm asking is how will making it legal for them to buy and own guns reduce gun crime? How will making it even easier for them to obtain weapons cause the crime rate to go down?
__________________
Follower of Carlinism since 2008.

Come play Runescape
  #83    
Old March 29th, 2013, 11:34 AM
ShinyUmbreon189's Avatar
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: suburbs
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
It wont, the law is useless because it wouldn't solve the crime issue either. You can't stop criminals from breaking the law and next time I see this question come up I'm just gonna ignore it because obviously you're ignoring everything I said.
  #84    
Old March 29th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Mr. X's Avatar
Mr. X
Oops
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Me, ignoring everything?

Hardly - Asking tough questions, yes. Forcing you to think about your beliefs, yes. Making you think for more then half a second, yes.

If the law is pointless, why do we have it? If it serves no purpose, then why not repeal it? Should we make it even easier then it already is for criminals to obtain weapons?

Can you at least give a straight answer to this? Will making it easier for criminals to get guns cause a reduction in gun crime?
__________________
Follower of Carlinism since 2008.

Come play Runescape

Last edited by Mr. X; March 29th, 2013 at 12:53 PM.
  #85    
Old March 29th, 2013, 01:10 PM
ShinyUmbreon189's Avatar
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: suburbs
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
You're trying to piss me off is what you're doing and trying to change my mind to agree with you're backwards theories. As I said either way if they were banned or not, restricted to criminals or not they will get the guns either way. Once again, it don't make it any easier. They don't follow the law and the law not being there would be the same as it being there. Oklahoma if you commit a crime you lose your permit but there's still lots of people with guns even tho they lost they're permit. You can't stop an individual from following the law or listening to what a man in a suit has to tell you or someone behind the counter/desk tells you they will do it no matter what. If guns were banned and I had no gun I wouldn't follow it. They wouldn't follow it because they don't agree with it, if I was a criminal and couldn't get one I would get one. I don't know why you can't accept my answer instead of shoving it down my ****ing throat like your's is the only goddamn right answer when it's not. There is no right or wrong answer in this debate, it's a debate not ****ing math problems.

Edit: I explained my reasoning a good 30 times and you're still wanting my reasoning? Just accept it because were getting nowhere with you're closed mind.
  #86    
Old March 29th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Jay_Foxx's Avatar
Jay_Foxx
Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Jay_Foxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
You're trying to piss me off is what you're doing and trying to change my mind to agree with you're backwards theories.
... and right now I hear the sound of a cat hissing and growling in the background.

ShinyUmbreon, that is the purpose of debate, to attempt to get the other party to change their position. If that isn't something you are interested in participating in, then why get involved in the debate in the first place?

Also, is calling another person's position "backwards theories" really appropriate? You may not agree with another person's position, but by levelling such a demeaning attack, you really minimize your own argument.

The only reason this has become personal to you is because you've allowed it to be. Step back from both sides' talking points, and look at the issue from an unbiased perspective. You might be surprised by what you find.
__________________

JAY
3411-1525-5963

Dark-Type Safari with: Sneasel, Vullaby & Liepard
Personal Website
Canadaquaria Forum nScale.net
"...many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." ~ Obi Wan Kenobi
  #87    
Old March 29th, 2013, 01:52 PM
ShinyUmbreon189's Avatar
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: suburbs
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
I'll still find my theory is right. You can't stop someone from doing something and saying you can makes you sound very intelligent. Laws are meant to be broken, there's not one law in the book that someone hasn't broke. It's a matter of getting caught, it's like drug dealing. Do it so long until you sell to the wrong person and you go away but when they get out they continue even tho it's illegal. People will take the risk with it being restricted from them and there's nothing you can do to stop them other than killing them which isn't right. Just accept that they're gonna break the law and forget about it. It's not you breaking the law so why care what someone does?
  #88    
Old March 29th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Jay_Foxx's Avatar
Jay_Foxx
Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Jay_Foxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
I'll still find my theory is right. You can't stop someone from doing something and saying you can makes you sound very intelligent.
I believe you are both right and wrong on this point. You are wrong in the sense that if you institute a law which prohibits a certain harmful behaviour or activity, then a decent, law-abiding citizen will of course avoid going against the law because that person has no interest in being found in violation of the law.

On the other hand you are also right in that an individual who does not value society's laws will generally rebel against society. I say generally only because this is not always the case. For instance, let's look at these two laws. One says that a person will not cause the death of another. The second law says that no one shall sexually abuse a minor. A person who may not have an issue with breaking the first law, but he or she may be disgusted by the thought of violating the second law. Such a person may in fact violate the first law because another person was found to have violated the second law. In that instance, there's quite a few people who would think the person who killed the child rapist got exactly what he or she deserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
Laws are meant to be broken, there's not one law in the book that someone hasn't broke.
No, laws are meant to be obeyed. The reason people disobey them is because they're selfish, greedy, or disturbed. Only anarchists think laws should be broken. In fact, they don't even believe laws should be made.
__________________

JAY
3411-1525-5963

Dark-Type Safari with: Sneasel, Vullaby & Liepard
Personal Website
Canadaquaria Forum nScale.net
"...many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." ~ Obi Wan Kenobi
  #89    
Old March 29th, 2013, 02:38 PM
ShinyUmbreon189's Avatar
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: suburbs
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
So I'm selfish, greedy, and disturbed because I smoke weed, because I drank underage (now legal), go over the speed limit, and drive around with a gun in my glove box in Chicago? Just because someone breaks the law doesn't make them any of the above, they're completely normal people like me and you. Now raping, beating children, animal abuse, killing, identity theft, etc yea that's different those are major crimes and all but one are disturbing. Identity theft is just selfish and greedy. Owning a gun illegally isn't greedy, disturbing, or selfish. They believe they should have the right to own a gun criminal or not I don't necessarily agree a criminal should have a gun either but that doesn't make them any of the above.

I don't agree with most of the laws but there are some laws that I do agree with and follow for the most part I would say I'm a law-abiding citizen, so what I smoke weed? It's my body I shall do what I damn well please and no govt. official is gonna tell me otherwise. I'm aware of the consequences but that doesn't stop me. Its' the same with people owning guns illegally, they're completely aware of the law but see the situation the exact way I see it. Instead it's not doing anything to they're body, that doesn't make them disturbing tho they're completely normal if they wanna own a gun illegally or not but I don't agree they should but it's they're choice. That's my stance on the laws with criminals with guns, you can't stop them so why try?
  #90    
Old March 29th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Went's Avatar
Went
wonderful frog seed
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Madrid
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Send a message via Skype™ to Went
Because there is a logical argument to stop untrained, unchecked, uncontrolled people from owning guns as they could cause the death of other people. There is much less risk of dying because of gun violence in a society where guns are not common than in one where they are a commonplace thing to carry around, next to your driver's licence and your phone.

Even if criminals get hold on guns, that means that the huge percentage of people who would not carry guns if that meant breaking the law (which is by far the majority) won't have the risk of killing someone else by accident or going on a rampage or shooting before asking in a false threat kind of situation. And we already have police to fight criminals anyway.

Not to mention that by making the process of acquiring a gun harder, we are already blocking some people from becoming criminals in the first place as they will fail or think twice or quit before buying the gun illegaly- while, if you can just buy it in the store next door, you won't have any time to reconsider it.
__________________
Mario | "You might say I'm nosy or naive, but I just can't leave you alone."
  #91    
Old March 29th, 2013, 03:00 PM
ShinyUmbreon189's Avatar
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: suburbs
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
A police force and the govt. can't stop every criminal so what's you point? If you ask me the govt. is hypocritical about almost everything they slap down. Yea you can't have guns in this state, what do they do? Break they're own law, tell others how to live they're life like it matters to them when they turn around and do the same thing. Police officers aren't as hypocritical but some officers think that since they have a blue uniform and a badge they think they can do whatever they want. There's a smaller percentage yes but it still happens. While the govt. thinks that since they have the power they're entitled to anything they want and can do whatever they want when they want. That's why I have 0 respect for the govt.

By criminal what do you mean tho? Gang affiliated ex convict criminal or criminal that sold dope and got out today criminal? Threatening criminals with guns should be stopped but we can't control it, there's too many. You have to have proof they're a criminal until then they will continue to do what they want when they want. A criminal that sold dope or something isn't dangerous with a gun or at least not as dangerous with a gun. Now don't bring up drugs with guns and the chemical enbalancement in you're brain because I'm completely aware of it. Responsible drug users like marijuana and know the effects and have been doing them for a long time know what's going on around them and them with a gun isn't a major issue. Marijuana doesn't do as much as the propaganda makes you think I smoke it so I know what the effects are. Now a drug user or dealer that does cocaine, methamphetamine, PCP, etc. Yes they're mind is pacing and they could turn into a serial killer but still can't stop it.
  #92    
Old March 29th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Echidna's Avatar
Echidna
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vaniville Town
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Went View Post
Because there is a logical argument to stop untrained, unchecked, uncontrolled people from owning guns as they could cause the death of other people. There is much less risk of dying because of gun violence in a society where guns are not common than in one where they are a commonplace thing to carry around, next to your driver's licence and your phone.

Even if criminals get hold on guns, that means that the huge percentage of people who would not carry guns if that meant breaking the law (which is by far the majority) won't have the risk of killing someone else by accident or going on a rampage or shooting before asking in a false threat kind of situation. And we already have police to fight criminals anyway.

Not to mention that by making the process of acquiring a gun harder, we are already blocking some people from becoming criminals in the first place as they will fail or think twice or quit before buying the gun illegaly- while, if you can just buy it in the store next door, you won't have any time to reconsider it.
This is definitely all true. But you do also have to consider the fact that even if a criminal can't obtain a gun, they will still be able to inflict serious injury. There are dozens of cases of muggings and beatings that are stopped because the victim carries a concealed gun. Of course that is definitely out-weighed by the vast decrease in murder cases, but it doesn't mean that said cases can be neglected.

My personal opinion is this, with or without guns, criminals will always be there and to be able to carry a gun can be a potential victim's best defense. The right to obtain a concealed carry permit, in my opinion at least, would best not be completely revoked rather made significantly harder.
__________________







Last edited by Echidna; March 31st, 2013 at 10:49 AM.
  #93    
Old March 29th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Went's Avatar
Went
wonderful frog seed
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Madrid
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Send a message via Skype™ to Went
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
While the govt. thinks that since they have the power they're entitled to anything they want and can do whatever they want when they want. That's why I have 0 respect for the govt.
Government is created by people like you, elected by people like you, and their powers are controlled and keep in check by people like you. The Government is not an evil, supranatural force of nature that existed before makind appeared in the world and lives in a higher plane of existence, but rather is an entity created by men to control some issues those men decided to give them control about.

If you don't like your Government or how they work, you can vote them out. Or run yourself with your own reformist manifesto. That's the magic of democracy.
__________________
Mario | "You might say I'm nosy or naive, but I just can't leave you alone."
  #94    
Old March 29th, 2013, 03:15 PM
ShinyUmbreon189's Avatar
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: suburbs
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
The govt. want's power that's it. They have 0 care for our well being and our situation. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they turned to tyranny. Lie after lie, after lie, after, after lie. That's all they're about. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they also ban our guns and lie about a reason why they're doing so.
  #95    
Old March 29th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Jay_Foxx's Avatar
Jay_Foxx
Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Jay_Foxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
So I'm selfish, greedy, and disturbed because I smoke weed, because I drank underage (now legal), go over the speed limit, and drive around with a gun in my glove box in Chicago?
Definitely selfish. It's the typical "I will do whatever I want and no one can tell me otherwise" argument. Going over the speed limit can cause grave injuries or even death to yourself and others if you just happen to lose control of your car. Speed limits are there to protect you and other drivers on the road. Speeding is reckless, irresponsible behaviour. Likewise you smoking weed can adversely affect the health of others around you who might be exposed to the smoke, such as people who have poorly functioning lungs. Again, it's irresponsible behaviour, and completely selfish. And then there's your other point, that you drive around with a gun in your glove box, one of the FIRST places thieves look when breaking into a car. I'm sure if your gun were to be stolen from your car, you wouldn't care less if that gun later on was used to slaughter a family. After all, it wasn't your responsibility. It was stolen. But then, if you didn't have the gun in the first place, there might be a family that's still alive. But since you don't like laws, what do you care, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
I don't agree with most of the laws but there are some laws that I do agree with and follow for the most part I would say I'm a law-abiding citizen, so what I smoke weed? It's my body I shall do what I damn well please and no govt. official is gonna tell me otherwise. I'm aware of the consequences but that doesn't stop me.
And what about the other people you might be adversely affecting because of you smoking weed. They didn't exactly have a say in the matter did they? But as you say, since you can do whatever you damn well please, why should you care about others?

So yeah, I call you selfish, because it's what you've just admitted to being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
The govt. want's power that's it. They have 0 care for our well being and our situation. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they turned to tyranny. Lie after lie, after lie, after, after lie. That's all they're about. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they also ban our guns and lie about a reason why they're doing so.
This is not an anti-government thread. It's a thread about guns. If you want to rant about the corruptness of government, I suggest you start a new thread.
__________________

JAY
3411-1525-5963

Dark-Type Safari with: Sneasel, Vullaby & Liepard
Personal Website
Canadaquaria Forum nScale.net
"...many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." ~ Obi Wan Kenobi
  #96    
Old March 29th, 2013, 06:45 PM
TRIFORCE89's Avatar
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Temple of Light
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
I'll still find my theory is right. You can't stop someone from doing something and saying you can makes you sound very intelligent.
Not immediately, no. It isn't a magic wand. It takes many years. That's how social engineering works. Like seat belt legislation
__________________
  #97    
Old March 29th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Mr. X's Avatar
Mr. X
Oops
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
I'm intrested in how far his belief of "It's pointless to make laws against stuff since it will happen anyway" goes.

Would you support making, say, rape legal? How about pedophila? Or a entire list of crimes? Afterall - These are still going to happen. Might as well get rid of the useless laws.
__________________
Follower of Carlinism since 2008.

Come play Runescape
  #98    
Old March 29th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
I was born and raised around guns. I've had shooting lessons since I was 6. I own two handguns, and an old BB gun. I can dismantle, clean, and shoot most RPGs and semi automatic rifles thanks to the Marine Corps. My entire family is full of hunters.

Do I agree with stricter gun laws? Yes. At least proper training should be had to buy guns. No one should be allowed to purchase a fire arm without a certificate of training to prove they know how to use them.

Now do I use the ones I own? No. I'm freaking scared of guns. The only one in my family that will not use a gun. My Rifle was a prize won in cub scouts when I hit five bulls eyes, one handgun was given to me when my grandfather passed away, and the other was a gift I received from my uncle upon entering the Marine Corps.

Whether a criminal can attain a firearm or not is not something that should influence whether or not they should be legal. If in possession while illegal, that just means they receive stricter punishment.

All that really needs to be done is proper education for using firearms.
  #99    
Old March 29th, 2013, 07:55 PM
CarcharOdin's Avatar
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Monterey, California, USA
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_37040 View Post
No one needs a gun, except those who are insecure with certain physical attributes and the cowards.
From what I understand, it requires a good amount of strength to handle guns properly, especially stronger guns. There are other reasons people own firearms besides protection. Hunting and sport (like archery) are two of the most common, alongside decoration, or because they're just plain interested in the mechanics behind them.

Gun ownership and total confidence in one's own physical attributes are not mutually exclusive, and I think it's kind of erroneous (not to mention rude) to claim owning a gun makes someone a coward.
__________________
CarcharOdin gets high on life to forget about drugs.

Last edited by CarcharOdin; March 29th, 2013 at 08:07 PM.
  #100    
Old March 30th, 2013, 04:18 AM
ShinyUmbreon189's Avatar
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: suburbs
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
I don't know Mr. X, you tell me, you seem to be the genius in this debate. Perhaps those crimes are major crimes and you go away for a long ass time. You don't just get away with raping or murdering someone dude, it don't work that way. An ex convict with a gun or suspicion of a gun is the same as someone with a bag of mary jane, wont hit news where murdering someone will and raping someone most likely will. They're completely different crimes and irrelevant to eachother. I know it still don't stop them but more people have a gun "illegally" than murders and rapes. Just like more people smoke weed illegally than murder and rapes.

But to answer you're spam question. Maybe if they up the punishment for owning a gun illegally then it may help a little bit. It's a hit and miss, not everyone will follow it, the law prohibiting them is too lax they go away for 10 years or so, maybe up it 30 years. It wont make a drastic change but it would solve a couple of them. But unless you can crack down on EVERYTHING illegal that goes on here and how they get it then there's no way to stop it until they get caught. They take a risk with no reward they get caught or they don't get caught. Owning a gun illegally has no reward just a risk you don't get anything special in return. But as I said no matter the law a majority of them wont follow it and I don't know why you're question keeps popping up like this. It's not just gonna magically stop them like were in a fantasy world or something where you're "imagination" comes to life, it's reality not a delusion and this topic were on right now you're making it seem we live in a fantasy world.

Last edited by ShinyUmbreon189; March 30th, 2013 at 04:40 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 09:43 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.