Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support
Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

View Poll Results: Vote for a feature if you use it regularly/don't want to see it removed
Post icons - the little images that you pick that show up next to your thread when viewing a forum 124 34.16%
"Hot threads" - the little icon next to threads when they have more than 30 posts / 300 views 140 38.57%
Page breakdown - the text that says "(1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)" next to threads (we would shorten this to just first/last) 254 69.97%
Extra thread images - the little images that show up next to threads that show if they have attachments/if you're subscribed/etc. 139 38.29%
Community links - those links at the top of most styles that say "Home" "Blogs" "Oekaki" "Chat" etc. 139 38.29%
"Share This Thread" - links in threads that let you quicky post threads to facebook/twitter/other social media 60 16.53%
Picture albums - anything besides profile designs or hacks or "hey look at my PC screenshots!"? 113 31.13%
The calendar. 'nuff said. 66 18.18%
Instant messenger icons in posts 76 20.94%
Youtube videos in profiles/as profile images 154 42.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 363. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 26th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Hikamaru
I have not had my teeth whitened!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
I'm all for the Oekaki being removed. That place never gets activity.

But as for what I want kept, definitely the YouTube videos on profiles because they make great Supporter profiles, the page breakdown, and the picture albums of course!
Old April 26th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Well, I've never made much use of the Oekaki, plus, we have our own art section anyway. And voted as well (Actually did that last night but whatever lol). Seems the 4 I voted for are the top 4 chosen so yay.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old April 26th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
Really hope that we can keep the page breakdown, as this makes it a lot easier to access different pages of a thread without having to click first/last, then going to the page you want.

I also hope that we can keep the Youtube videos in profiles, as they can make for some really nice looking profiles.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: DARK // NORMAL
Old April 26th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Denny Hamlin
i can f e e l again

The Oekaki should be on that poll, and it's the only thing I'd like to see removed. I haven't seen anyone use it for a looooong time.

All other features, meh.

"It was HIS hat, Mr. Krabs... HE WAS NUMBER ONE!"
Old April 26th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Just jumping in again, there seems to be a general consensus that the Oekaki should be obliterated and wiped from memory?
After all, the last piece of artwork on there was from 2011 and the 'news' headline is from 2006, sooooooo
Old April 26th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Virtual Headache

Nature: Adamant
If you disabled albums, people wouldn't be able to use backgorunds. Or would you just limit it?
While the I don't use the "Share this thread" feature myself, I think it's beneficial to the forum if things get spread out on social networks.
I barely notice the Oekaki and it doesn't bother me at all. I don't see anything bad about it and think instead of removing it, it could be promoted a little and given a last chance? This is probably stupid of me to say since I never used it, but removing it wouldn't really change anything about the forums (okay, that could also be used as a reason to remove it^^;)

Last edited by Virtual Headache; April 26th, 2013 at 04:13 PM. Reason: smilies D:
Old April 26th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
...where in God's name is the calendar. o_o

Anyway, the only thing that I feel truly matter (for me anyway) would be the Youtube video (I just figured out how to make my profile awesome, don't do this to me), and the hot threads icons. The others I don't really use at all. Hell, some I never used.
Old April 26th, 2013, 04:50 PM
awolfsquared
Prattoween
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Oops I should of added what I wanted removed. I definitely agree with everyone who says the Oekaki should be removed. Nobody uses it and I really never cared to use it myself. Also Hot Threads too cause honestly I didn't even know it existed and don't see much of use for it. Everything else is fine.

Andy and April's Halloween party: "Someone will die" "...of fun!" "And of murder..."
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to

Old April 26th, 2013, 04:57 PM
-Jared-
Certified Responsible Adult
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I voted for albums since they are used for profile stuff, but of there is an alternate way to allow that without the albums I would be all for getting rid of them. As well as youtube videos; if a similar option is available without the videos, go ahead and axe them haha.

I like the page breakdown for clubs where an important post is on the second or third page or so but that's about it.

Other than that, looking forward to the changes! :D
Old April 26th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
I like every feature, only the Oekaki thats useless imo. Put the Showdown server link instead.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server

I am gone bye
Old April 26th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Melody
Singing Nature's Melody
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Melody
Personally I don't think any of the features I voted for should go.

I'd hate to see these go because I use them and love these features:
  • Page breakdown - Why would you be rid of this? It is seriously dead useful for finding posts.
  • Community links - I love these. It'd be a pain in the ass to get to my blog otherwise. Also many old themes are missing important or critical updates to these links and I'd like to see this fixed.
  • Picture albums - I don't always upload things here, but usually when I do it has something to do with my signatures and such. Yes, I use dropbox to host my signature images...but I don't think this feature is entirely useless, as I've had other pictures uploaded too. Sometimes I like to share things like how my nails look or something. Hacks use this as well, and so do profile images...so I see no reason to neuter or remove this.
  • Youtube videos in profiles/as profile images - This is something that I've always liked about PC, and I'd hate to see it go. Being able to choose a video is pretty cool, and even cooler is the option to forego your profile image for a video is genius in my opinon.

There were some other things I voted for, but I wouldn't be heartbroken to see them go. Personally I'd understand though if any of the above were causing too much server load and got removed, but most of them I don't see as being supermassive performance holes primarily because of their underuse. Maybe some of these could be restricted to supporters as well, so that the load is much less.
Crystal Supporter Melody

"It loves to bask in the sunlight. It uses the leaf on its head to seek out warm places."
Chikorita

Old April 26th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Happy Smiley Yum Yum

I've not seen a forum without Page Breakdown, and I love it to pieces.

I like the Post Icons, and I use them lots too.

I like the Extra Thread Icons, but they see less use because they're more specific. I like how they make it easier to navigate though.
-=The Time Warp Challenge=-
Jurassic Jam ¦ Ice Age ¦ Stone Age ¦ Egyptian Era ¦ Medieval Era ¦ Renaissance Era ¦ The Pirate Golden Age ¦ Industrial Revolution ¦ Westward Expansion ¦ The Progressive Era ¦ Mobster Mania ¦ The Sci-Fi Like Future ¦ The Post-Apocalyptic Scenario ¦ Time Rift
Old April 26th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Antemortem
wir sind alle freaks

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
The calendar, post icons, and IM icons are completely useless.

do you know what hurts most about a broken heart?
not being able to remember how you felt before...
try and keep that feeling because... if it goes...
you'll never get it back. ever.
Old April 26th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

My vote for Community Links is more for blog. I don't go to Chat (it doesn't work on my browser for some reason; says a plug-in is missing, but I have Java installed) and Oekaki, well, like others said, useless.

I also just noticed a "Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread" on the bottom v that I never saw before o_o is that new? or am I blind?

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old April 26th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Rukario

I voted.. and wouldn't you know it, I picked all of them on that list x.x

Not removing the oekaki.. sorry.
- Rukario -

Twinned with Jedi_Amara | Paired with Your Name Here | Lil Sis Kimi-Chan | Sig

Old April 26th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
Only ones I'd be genuinely sad to see go are extra thread images and the page breakdowns. I actually use them, not to mention I can't really think of a visually appealing way to change the breakdown to say first/last.

Everything else... meh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukario View Post

This post does not surprise me in the slightest.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old April 26th, 2013, 07:00 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I would be elated to see IM, Calendar and "Share this Thread" to hit the road. (Despite my votes. - I voted for the ones I want to go, woops.) Oekaki is terribly useless as well, but by the looks of it, it won't be going any time soon. 8)
moderator | lovely pair | PC live
Old April 26th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Crux
Evermore

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Crux
Whelp, I voted.

I've found the calendar before, said "Oh, I guess that's cool.", and forgot about it.
But, I do love the youtube videos.

{Never and Forever}

Tees | Coming Soon | Coming Soon
Old April 26th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Why? Is there a sentimental reason as to why it should stay?
Old April 26th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Livewire
でんきタイプ

Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Quote:

We've done away with useful and active parts of the forum before, and for superficial reasons at that. There's no reason for it to be here. I only wish people were as protective of Social Groups, Rep, some moderator permissions, etc, things more important than the Oekaki of which I'm not sure I even spelled correctly.
Old April 26th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

To me, it seems the Social Groups were used even more than the Oekaki. Ever since I registered here almost 4 years ago, I have yet to see one thread promoting some kind of activity of the Oekaki. If anything, I'd actually trade the Social Groups for the Oekaki. One seems to just be more active than the other... As was stated earlier by Harlequin.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old April 26th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Nathan
prince
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Nathan
If the Oekaki isn't going down, does it mean Hstaff has some plan to promote activity in there? The last activity was from 2011, I think.
Old April 26th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Clacla
karp karp karp
Community Supporter Tier 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
To me, it seems the Social Groups were used even more than the Oekaki. Ever since I registered here almost 4 years ago, I have yet to see one thread promoting some kind of activity of the Oekaki. If anything, I'd actually trade the Social Groups for the Oekaki. One seems to just be more active than the other... As was stated earlier by Harlequin.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I miss the good ol' Social Groups. I wouldn't mind trading them with the Oekaki, does anyone even use it? Like Team Fail said, in the three years I've been here, I haven't seen one thread promoting it at all.

Last edited by Clacla; April 26th, 2013 at 07:52 PM. Reason: those smiles wth
Old April 26th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Honestly....this might be just me but...people still care about Social Groups? I thought the very reason why they were removed was because of their inactivity. oO; So I guess it's quite a shock to me to see so many people in support of it (unless I'm misinterpreting).
Old April 26th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Not sure what the Social Groups were, but someone mentioned I think a Rep System was in place but removed as well? I actually like Rep Systems lol

Rep Systems that only have positives are great to avoid those angry, immature negative rep abusing-types. It's also just fun to have. Assuming there are little bars under our names that increase with rep? And if there is a max Rep received and given by day, that helps, too.

I actually think I was around in '09 when Rep was in place... I have a handful of comments in my CP, albeit negative, that I think are related to it.

But unless there's some sort of activity or plans to increase activity in the Oekaki, I don't see the point of keeping it :\

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here