• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your training strategy?

Years
  • I don't have a particular strategy, but I mostly battle as many Trainers as I can.

In 5th Generation though, I spend most of my level grinding on those wild Audino found in the many grass-infested routes. Loads of EXP from those things is too good to not pass on.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2013
    I EV train everything. If I think I want to use a pokemon, I will ev it to see how it functions.
    Then at least I know how it will be roughly should I need to breed in an egg move or something at some point.

I also check the IVs of all my pokemon, I won't bother training anything I've bred that doesn't have good Ivs.

Vaati Fulbuster

High level pokemon trainer
    Years
  • Thanks for posting reply's everyone!
    This thread is dead in a couple of days, so i'm thanking you for the comments!
    It was fun to read through all the commenters strategy's, this helped me a lot too!

~Vaati

Cassiopeiia

Floating
    Years
  • Simple: I cheat.

...not really. As a competitive battler, I focus on EV-Training carefully. Once that's done, I simply work my hardest to level them to 100. And sometimes, when I lack the time to do it, I do this all under 5 minutes (not hacking).

Colour me curious. How would you go about training your Pokémon to Lv. 100 in less than five minutes, without cheating/hacking?

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • I usually trade my pokemon around games and give them lucky eggs, since they're traded and holding lucky eggs that would at least make them level up faster and then I'll trade them back to their original games once they reach a level that can sweep every gym so the game would be a breeze.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • I only EV Train post-game. The normal strategy is to put my weakest Pokémon in the front of my team. When it becomes the same level as the next strongest Pokémon I switch to the next weakest. This usually keeps my team in the same level range throughout the game. One Pokémon usually is higher than the rest due to a Gym Battle where he was used for all the trainers and the Gym Leader him/her self.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • 1. Buy a hell of a lot of minnows.
    2. Bait the minnows on 10 rods.
    3. Place each rod on different points of the dock, tying them to posts with rope and setting them at approximately 25 feet at depth.
    4. Change into swimsuit, pull up a chair, to try and get rid of farmer's tan.
    5. Bring DS, spam pidgeys until party is level 100.
    6. Check lines for crappie.

tnfsf11

Well I just over-grind my pokes till they are slightly over the levels of trainers in every area, I keep training in spots where there are the most powerful pokes, this actually caused that I found my first shiny!
    BTW, what's EV? I didn't really get it from the internet :\

Back