Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Which starter did you choose?
Bulbasuar 14 20.59%
Charmander 30 44.12%
Squirtle 24 35.29%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 20th, 2013 (08:14 AM).
FayAurora
Dark-Type Trainer/Breeder

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by UltraMew:
FayAurora is good at making banners. He did the one in my signature!
Lol sorry, but I'm a she But anyways, thank you

And just so this gets posted to the next page, here is the form for a banner:
I didn't think of this until now, but here is a form for the banners:
Name on banner (optional):
Shorter name/Nickname (in case your full username doesn't fit):
Pokemon on banner (only one or two):
Color of background (optional, it will be colored to the type of Pokemon if you don't choose):

And just a random question, but does anyone still have any of their first gen Pokemon games? I used to have Red (but I have no clue what happened to it), and I have a friend who has Blue, so the only game I have is Yellow, but I'm proud that I still have that one, plus I'm trying to buy all of the games, Red, Blue, and even Green!
I've been sleeping in my bed,
Sleeping in my bed... ~

Old June 20th, 2013 (02:54 PM).
Mew
The New Species Pokémon - AKA Red the Mew

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by FayAurora:
Lol sorry, but I'm a she
*facepalm* Edited. Sorry about that. (Lolz)

Mew

Old June 21st, 2013 (07:11 AM).
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Your username: AlexOzzyCake
Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon: Sandshrew Sandshrew Sandshrew Sandshrew Sandshrewwwww <3
Why did you choose to join this club?: Sandshrew! Because Gen 1 was the starting point for all Pokémon games, beginning something truly wonderful and a huge part of my life. I still remember opening up Yellow and playing it for the first time, and the whole experience was just incredible. I began to take it for granted around the time of BW coming out, but I soon got back into it and love it just as much as these original games.

I think the Pokémon I saw most throughout the Gen 1 was Sandshrew, simply because e remained my partner the whole time! Or Pikachu because I played Yellow and he just follows you everywhere haha. As for wild/trainer Pokémon, I think the most common would have to be the Nidoran families! I remember every other trainer in RBY seemed to have them in one form or another and it got rather tedious haha. I have nothing against them, but when they're not particularly weak to many things and they have a decent amount of bulk they can grow a tad tiresome :p
Old June 22nd, 2013 (11:28 AM).
Mew

My favorite Gen 1 legendary is Mew, because it can learn Transform and more moves than just Transform, like Ditto. What's yours?

Mew

Old June 22nd, 2013 (11:57 AM).
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
My favorite Gen 1 legendary is Mew, because it can learn Transform and more moves than just Transform, like Ditto. What's yours?
I like Mew's ability to learn all TMs and HMs. Not sure who my favorite generation I Pokémon is but I like the legendary birds alot.
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old June 22nd, 2013 (02:36 PM).
Mew

Yeah, all TMs and HMs are nice too.

Mew

Old June 22nd, 2013 (03:01 PM).
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Mew is very cool, agreed! I absolutely love that there's a second (and cooler) Pokémon to learn Transform, though I do wish he could get a bit more use out of it haha (though I don't remember how he learns it!). As for my favourite Gen I legendary, I think I'll have to go with Articuno. It's such a beautiful and elegant Pokémon - just imagine her gracefully soaring over the sky raining down an icy mist from her wings as she glides carelessly on the breeze. Is there any Pokémon more worth looking at?
Old June 22nd, 2013 (05:35 PM).
Mew

Articuno is a very cool Pokémon, and an Ice-type even! Not too many Ice-types anymore...

Mew

Old June 22nd, 2013 (05:43 PM).
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Articuno is a very cool Pokémon, and an Ice-type even! Not too many Ice-types anymore...
One of my favorite Ice types. Too bad you can't get one on Crystal version.
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old June 22nd, 2013 (05:47 PM).
Mew

I think you should get all legendaries in all versions, like a 649 hack does.

Mew

Old June 22nd, 2013 (05:56 PM).
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

I think you should get all legendaries in all versions, like a 649 hack does.
I don't believe in hacking but I do believe in shortcuts sometimes. If I ever get my Crystal version fixed, I definitely need to get Articuno, Celebi, etc. on there.
Old June 22nd, 2013 (06:58 PM). Edited June 22nd, 2013 by Pidgey.
Pidgey
Say my name, silverflame, take control
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I never really got to like Mew that much. I mean it's adorable and all, and the countless hours spent on looking for it in the originals, whether it was under the truck, by beating the Elite 4 100 times, or whatever other methods the various rumours went by, they were still really fun, even if they never gave any result. But yeah, just the fact that it was so out of the way and pretty much impossible for me to obtain in any of my games without exploiting a bug or cheating, because no such events ever came here, it just never really grew on me that much. It's appeared a few times in the anime, but not really enough for me to consider it anywhere close to my favourite :p

I kinda blew my chance at catching it quite a few years back. Near the end in the years of my initial Pokemon obsession, I did get to learn about the bug to get Mew and naturally tried performing it, myself. Just before the final step where I'd get Mew to actually appear, I chose to save and wait to show it to my friends the next day, because even at that time, none of even thought it was possible to catch it. However, I was incredibly impatient, and after a few hours I decided to just enter battle to take a look at it. It worked, and Mew appeared, so I just tried battling it to see how good it was. Turned out it was insanely frail though, and I accidentally killed it, so I just turned it off and waited till the next day. I go to show it to my friends, and what do you know, apparently you can only get it to appear once, even if you didn't save your game afterwards. So all of my friends just thought I lied to be cool, and I never got to show them that catching it was actually a possibility :p I'm sure I could make it appear again by redoing everything, however back then I thought it was only possible once, and didn't want to try it again, just to have my friends laugh at me again. I did manage to do it on one of my friends' version though, and he was pretty happy to get a Mew :D

But yeah, just a quick story of my childhood :p Maybe that's why I don't like Mew that much :O

As for my own favourite first generation legendary, I'd have to say my favourite would be Mewtwo. Mainly because I don't really think the first generation legendaries had that much to them other than design. They lacked any background stories, and were only really memorable for being the first in my case. If Arcanine had ended up being a legendary in the final version, maybe that one could've made it as my favourite of that generation, mainly because Arcanine is pretty darn amazing, as well as it'd just be so different since it was the only Pokemon of the elemental trio to not be a bird. And yeah, for those who don't know, Arcanine was apparently supposed to be the original fire type of the legendary bird trio, but was replaced with Moltres because it'd make more sense to make it a bird trio, rather than having two birds and one dog :p Maybe that's why Moltres was so terrible in the first generation games >:O

But yeah, the reason Mewtwo is my favourite of the first generation legendaries is, not only because it's an insanely strong Pokemon, especially in the originals where Psychic types were horribly overpowered, but also because it was the only of them to have an actual backstory, some kind of indication of its origin. All the others are just there. And while Mew may be infamous for being so rare and having so many rumors on how to catch it, nothing was ever explained about that one, other than it was extinct and apparently was only found in some part of the real world that I can't remember. Mewtwo on the other hand was explained to be the result of a science experiment, where they attempted to clone Mew for whatever reason. He was confined within the Cerulean Cave because he was too dangerous and powerful for ordinary trainers, and all access was blocked for anyone who hadn't proven themselves to be exceptional trainers. It may not be as elaborate as some of the newer generations, but it's still an awesome concept, and it's still the only off of the 5 original legendaries to actually have a backstory :p

Quote originally posted by CloysterOyster:
I don't believe in hacking but I do believe in shortcuts sometimes. If I ever get my Crystal version fixed, I definitely need to get Articuno, Celebi, etc. on there.
Wait, what do you mean by shortcuts? Also how are you gonna get Celebi on there? Don't think there currently is any other way than cheating, exploiting a very difficult and time consuming bug iirc, or owning a Japanese version of Crystal, where you might still need a real-life event to activate.

I'd be alright with having every legendary in the game if they were actually cleverly hidden, like with the Regis in the third generation games. But yeah, not really about first generation Pokemon.

Also guys, since I was on topic with Mew a bit earlier in my post, I'd love to hear which kind of Mew rumours you have ever heard if any. So I guess a small topic? Have you ever heard any of the rumours on how to catch Mew? If so, which ones were you favourite/which ones did you find to sound the most tedious and craziest? :p
Old June 23rd, 2013 (07:18 AM).
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Quote originally posted by Olli97:

Wait, what do you mean by shortcuts? Also how are you gonna get Celebi on there? Don't think there currently is any other way than cheating, exploiting a very difficult and time consuming bug iirc, or owning a Japanese version of Crystal, where you might still need a real-life event to activate.
like GameShark or something, or is that technically a hacking device? I've never used one but my dad's ex's son did when I lived with them many years back. I don't know how you'd use one on a GameBoy Color though or if it'd hurt it or hurt the game play.
Old June 23rd, 2013 (07:46 AM).
Pidgey
Community Supporter

like GameShark or something, or is that technically a hacking device? I've never used one but my dad's ex's son did when I lived with them many years back. I don't know how you'd use one on a GameBoy Color though or if it'd hurt it or hurt the game play.
If it's a Gameshark or Action Replay or whatever is out there, then yeah, it'd be considered a cheating device, and could mess up your game if not used with caution :p It's usually used together with emulators to avoid damaging ones real cartridge, and it's mainly used to get unobtainable Pokemon or super strong Pokemon and such, so yeah. I find it acceptable to use it for those who can't obtain them by any conventional means, like for those who don't get an event for a certain legendary Pokemon, though only past generation 4 where there weren't wi-fi trades :p

But yeah, back on topic!

I've honestly forgotten quite a few of the Mew rumours I've heard during all these years, as most of them were really long ago and really unbelievable, so not anything I've tried. The two main ones I can remember are the "Mew under the truck rumour" and the "beat the E4 100 times rumour". Mew under the truck is probably one most people who've owned a first generation game have at least heard about. It was pretty simple actually. In the harbor in the area with SS Anne, there were two inaccessible platforms to the sides of the tier that lead down to the SS Anne, since at the time of entering the SS Anne, you didn't have Surf, and once you'd obtained Surf, you wouldn't be able to get down to that area again. Well, due to a bug, where you would be able surf past the guy blocking the entrance to the area, people were able to get back to the area with the SS Anne, and discovered that on the platform to the right, there was a truck. The truck had no function at all, and no one know why it was even placed there. Well, at the time Mew rumours were already going around like crazy, so of course the truck also ended up getting involved. And now to the actual rumour.

The original rumour was, that if you used Strength on the truck, you would be able to move it like a boulder, and under it there would be a Pokeball. Interacting with the Pokeball would initiate a battle with Mew. Of course this turned out to be fake, but is probably one of the most widely believed rumours of all, and has branched out into many different rumours, often incorporating other methods into it, like beating the Elite 4 a certain amount of times, or talk to these people a certain amount of times, before you'd be able to do it. Also there was something about a hidden item that'd be used to move the truck, but yeah. All fake. The truck was probably just an easter egg for anyone who managed to find it.

The second rumour is pretty self-explanatory. Beat the Elite 4 100 times, and something would happen to give you Mew. Of course I never went through with this rumour because I got bored after like 3 times, but either way, it was fake. It was usually something like professor Oak would give it to you. or you'd be able to cut the trees to the right of Pallet Town to find Mew, or you'd be able to access the area behind Bill's house to get to his "secret garden", which was another big rumour in itself. But yeah, it was fun days with all the rumours, of course none of them were ever true :p
Old June 23rd, 2013 (08:20 AM).
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

If it's a Gameshark or Action Replay or whatever is out there, then yeah, it'd be considered a cheating device, and could mess up your game if not used with caution :p It's usually used together with emulators to avoid damaging ones real cartridge, and it's mainly used to get unobtainable Pokemon or super strong Pokemon and such, so yeah. I find it acceptable to use it for those who can't obtain them by any conventional means, like for those who don't get an event for a certain legendary Pokemon, though only past generation 4 where there weren't wi-fi trades :p

But yeah, back on topic!

I've honestly forgotten quite a few of the Mew rumours I've heard during all these years, as most of them were really long ago and really unbelievable, so not anything I've tried. The two main ones I can remember are the "Mew under the truck rumour" and the "beat the E4 100 times rumour". Mew under the truck is probably one most people who've owned a first generation game have at least heard about. It was pretty simple actually. In the harbor in the area with SS Anne, there were two inaccessible platforms to the sides of the tier that lead down to the SS Anne, since at the time of entering the SS Anne, you didn't have Surf, and once you'd obtained Surf, you wouldn't be able to get down to that area again. Well, due to a bug, where you would be able surf past the guy blocking the entrance to the area, people were able to get back to the area with the SS Anne, and discovered that on the platform to the right, there was a truck. The truck had no function at all, and no one know why it was even placed there. Well, at the time Mew rumours were already going around like crazy, so of course the truck also ended up getting involved. And now to the actual rumour.

The original rumour was, that if you used Strength on the truck, you would be able to move it like a boulder, and under it there would be a Pokeball. Interacting with the Pokeball would initiate a battle with Mew. Of course this turned out to be fake, but is probably one of the most widely believed rumours of all, and has branched out into many different rumours, often incorporating other methods into it, like beating the Elite 4 a certain amount of times, or talk to these people a certain amount of times, before you'd be able to do it. Also there was something about a hidden item that'd be used to move the truck, but yeah. All fake. The truck was probably just an easter egg for anyone who managed to find it.

The second rumour is pretty self-explanatory. Beat the Elite 4 100 times, and something would happen to give you Mew. Of course I never went through with this rumour because I got bored after like 3 times, but either way, it was fake. It was usually something like professor Oak would give it to you. or you'd be able to cut the trees to the right of Pallet Town to find Mew, or you'd be able to access the area behind Bill's house to get to his "secret garden", which was another big rumour in itself. But yeah, it was fun days with all the rumours, of course none of them were ever true :p
What exactly is an emulator? I've heard of these but never seen or used one. I heard thought that it can save your saved game data 300 times or something so you never lose it. If I were to get my Crystal version's internal battery replaced to where I can play it again without the data erasing again and again, I was going to use cheats to get ahead since I misplaced my strategy guide book but I am kind of anxious about it, not wanting to ruin my cartridge.

I remember the Mew rumors on the older games. I might have tried that S.S. Anne one but nothing ever came of it and I never got Mew in any way or form. Never knew about the Elite Four and Bill rumors though.
Old June 23rd, 2013 (08:37 AM).
yeahhhboiii

Nature: Relaxed
Username: yeahhhboiii
Favorite Gen 1 Pokemon: Starmie
Why: Because Starmie has a cool type combo and design, Can learn a HUGE variety of TMs, and is the first Pokemon I ever trained to level 100. I caught it at level 31, and only used 2 rare candies, at levels 52 and 53 (before the Elite Four)
Why I wanted to join: I wanted to be a part of a group that cherished the same experience I did.
Old June 23rd, 2013 (08:55 AM).
Pidgey
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by yeahhhboiii:
Username: yeahhhboiii
Favorite Gen 1 Pokemon: Starmie
Why: Because Starmie has a cool type combo and design, Can learn a HUGE variety of TMs, and is the first Pokemon I ever trained to level 100. I caught it at level 31, and only used 2 rare candies, at levels 52 and 53 (before the Elite Four)
Why I wanted to join: I wanted to be a part of a group that cherished the same experience I did.
Welcome to the club! I really like Starmie's type combo as well, unfortunately very few seem to enjoy using it because of its rather disappointing movepool and the fact that it isn't the most defensive Pokemon ever. The amount of TM's it can learn definitely make up for it in my opinion though :)

What exactly is an emulator? I've heard of these but never seen or used one. I heard thought that it can save your saved game data 300 times or something so you never lose it. If I were to get my Crystal version's internal battery replaced to where I can play it again without the data erasing again and again, I was going to use cheats to get ahead since I misplaced my strategy guide book but I am kind of anxious about it, not wanting to ruin my cartridge.
Emulators are basically just consoles on the computer, where you use them to run the specific games on. They're all completely free and legal, the problem is rather in getting a ROM for it. There are various sites online that offer downloads for ROMs, however it isn't legal to just downright download them, and the only way to really get the ROMs legally is by using a flash drive or some kind of cable or something. A lot of people consider it alright to download the ROMs however, if they already own that game :p But yeah, people use it as an alternative, if they just quickly want to play the games, since most emulators have a speed-up function, or to try out cheats without needing a cheat device and without messing up their cartridges.

In my opinion, you should just stick to your physical Crystal without using cheats. I don't really get why you'd need it, since all I can really see it good for is getting Pokemon like Celebi and the Kanto legendaries if you don't have two Gameboys, a link cable and a first generation game, but yeah. I just don't think it's worth it. Emulators kinda give a dull experience, as imo, it's not quite the same as playing it on an actual console, and you can easily get caught up in using cheats, etc., which quickly make the games boring :p But yeah, your decision :)

I remember the Mew rumors on the older games. I might have tried that S.S. Anne one but nothing ever came of it and I never got Mew in any way or form. Never knew about the Elite Four and Bill rumors though.
Well, rumours most likely differ from place to place, and the SS Anne was just a really well-known rumour. Things like the E4 one may not be entirely accurate, since they were usually just something where you'd have to meet ridiculous requirements or do some very tedious things to get it, often with a lot of steps to make you think you just screwed up at some point and had to do it all over again. I guess it was a kind of trolling xD
Old June 23rd, 2013 (12:32 PM).
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Emulators are basically just consoles on the computer, where you use them to run the specific games on. They're all completely free and legal, the problem is rather in getting a ROM for it. There are various sites online that offer downloads for ROMs, however it isn't legal to just downright download them, and the only way to really get the ROMs legally is by using a flash drive or some kind of cable or something. A lot of people consider it alright to download the ROMs however, if they already own that game :p But yeah, people use it as an alternative, if they just quickly want to play the games, since most emulators have a speed-up function, or to try out cheats without needing a cheat device and without messing up their cartridges.

In my opinion, you should just stick to your physical Crystal without using cheats. I don't really get why you'd need it, since all I can really see it good for is getting Pokemon like Celebi and the Kanto legendaries if you don't have two Gameboys, a link cable and a first generation game, but yeah. I just don't think it's worth it. Emulators kinda give a dull experience, as imo, it's not quite the same as playing it on an actual console, and you can easily get caught up in using cheats, etc., which quickly make the games boring :p But yeah, your decision

I mean, I can play it without the cheats, there's just a few reasons I wanted to use cheats, like not having to slowly do everything over again since I spend years on that game before it dried up. Another is that I wanted Celebi and the other legendaries then to play with and collect but I guess I should stick to getting Mewtwo and the birds on my Silver, Blue and/or Yellow version but I can't trade them over because I don't have another GameBoy or a trading link. Wish I could trade using my laptop and my GameBoy Color.

I also saw a GameShark cheat that gives infinite Rare Candy and Master Balls. I'm all for that but don't want to ruin my cartridge. Such a dilemma I'm in.
Old June 24th, 2013 (08:10 PM). Edited June 24th, 2013 by RoreyG.
RoreyG
Lizardon Man

Nature: Adamant
What was your favorite legendary in Gen 1 and why?

Mewtwo, mainly because of his backstory and subsequent story arcs. I've always found it an interesting idea; the dichotomy between predestination and free will. Mewtwo was created in a Lab for the sole purpose of being used as Giovanni's personal weapon of mass destruction but his relationship with Amber in his formative stage and his later interactions with Ash and co. taught him that by virtue of being alive, he can transcend the purposes of his creation and has the power of choosing his own destiny. I especially like how he takes responsibility for the clones he created and becomes their guardian rather than their master. Admittedly, the anime (I mainly refer to the English dubbed version) could have handled his story a bit better to this day, he remains the most complex and intriguing Legendary Pokemon in the franchise.

Also, next to Charizard, he was my most liked Pokemon in the Gen 1 games. Honestly, in an era where the Psychic type was broken, the most powerful Psychic type was also the most powerful Pokemon in the game to the point where he was virtually unbeatable.

Old June 25th, 2013 (09:04 PM).
thefallendetective
-johnlocked-

Nature: Lonely
Hello there! I'm Marina and I would like to join this club! (っ^∀^)っ

Your username: thefallendetective
Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon: Pidgeot! <3
Why did you choose to join this club?: I hope to meet people who treasure this generation of
pokemon as much as I did! The first pokemon game I got was firered and I loved it to bits! (*^▽^)/♪
I will never forget that journey I took, one where I did not refer to serebii for information because I
wasn't much of a computer person in the past. I must say that the best experience is one that you
craft with your own hands! (*゚ー゚)

What was your favorite legendary in Gen 1 and why?
Was... hmm.. I don't really have a favourite legendary in this generation but the one I liked the most in
the past would definitely be articuno because it was the first legendary that I caught. Also, it looked
really pretty in both the game and the anime! ^^ Wasn't very particular about movepools and stats
when I was younger so nothing bothered me much! ( ・ω・ ) ♪
Old July 2nd, 2013 (06:48 PM).
FIKRI 29
Pokemon tamer

Nature: Bold
User name : FIKRI 29
Partner Pokemon : Arcanine
Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon : Arcanine
Why do you choose to join this club ?: because Gen 1 is my first Pokemon game i played, and Arcanine is the strongest of my party Pokemon
To answer the topic
Why did you choose your current favorite Pokemon ?: Arcanine, because Fire type Pokemon, Strong and Look Cool
Old July 3rd, 2013 (03:50 PM). Edited July 3rd, 2013 by Pidgey.
Zoka
Rocket grunt

Nature: Naughty
Your username: Zoka

Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon: haunter

Why did you choose to join this club?:cant beat the original 151

And remember to answer one of the current topics.: my favorite legendary is mew, cause back when pokemon first came out if you had a mew, you were the ****

Old July 4th, 2013 (11:37 PM).
Manfred Mankey's Earth Band
President of the Apocalypse

Username: Manfred Mankey's Earth Band or Manfred

Your Favorite Gen 1 Pokemon: Snorlax because he (my snorlax has always been a boy to me) is really rare and unrare at the same time (there are only two in the game but they are easy to find). Plus i always used him even before I cared about stats (when I didn't play video games nearly as much as I do now)

Why did you choose Gen 1 Fan club: It has a strait forward goal which is to defeat the gym leaders and the elite 4 and thwart the evil intentions of team rocket. Although I'm not a gen1er either it is a close runner up to my favorite gen

Answer current topic: Mewtwo is my favorite legendary pokemon of gen 1 because it is the final challenge of the game.
Old July 5th, 2013 (01:03 PM).
Meaii
The countdown begins ...

Nature: Gentle
Your username: Meaii
Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon: Sandshrew or Squirtle!
Why did you choose to join this club?: Ozzy forced me to post in the Pokémon Clubs section ... I wanted to join a club that expresses the wonders of the Generation I Pokémon - the Generation that includes the two greatest Pokémon ever!
Which starter Pokemon is your favourite, and why? (Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle).
Squirtle, he's just so cute! He has like, a tortoise shell and he's so small and he's like a cute ickle' baby! <3

23 days until~
Old July 5th, 2013 (04:22 PM).
Mew

New topic! My answer is Rattata, cuz' it just feels cooler than Zubat to me.

Mew

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links