The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old July 12th, 2013 (10:37 AM). Edited July 19th, 2013 by YellowGardevoir.
YellowGardevoir
Expert Breeder

Nature: Quiet
TRAINER

Full Name: Nami Tange

Appearance: Nami is Five foot Nine inches, with thin build. She has white skin and very light, sea-blue eyes. Her hair is light brown, and she keeps it quite short and neat. Nami has thin eyebrows and a round chin. She generally dresses stylish but modest, and dislikes very bright colors, preferring more dark blues, browns and greens rather than pastels and neon colors. She also generally avoids heels, because they make it more difficult to walk. She tends not to wear make-up, because she believes that make-up is designed entirely to show off a women’s image. She wears a wooden bracelet on her left wrist. The bracelet is a memento of her Grandmother’s, and is one of her most precious belongings.

She has an Oblivian accent, as a result of both her parents moving from Oblivia to Hoenn. Her father’s family is historically from Hoenn, and he had always wanted to move back to the land of his ancestors. People sometimes describe her accent as beautiful, though that may be just because it more exotic then the typical Hoenn accent. Most of the people who do this are older women, who are either simply being kind or enjoy her accent due to it's exotic nature. Most other people don't bother to mention her accent. The R’s are rolled, and the consonants are soft and subdued. She also has a lovely singing voice, as a result of years of forced schooling by her parents. She dislikes singing in public though, and tends to only sing when she has to.

Personality: Nami has wanted to be a trainer ever since she was little, when her grandmother told her stories about her journey when she was young. Her outlook on life is very realism-based, preferring not to beat around the bush. She is very truthful, sometimes to the point of being brutally honest. She dislikes lies, especially lies that people tell themselves. She views this as a weakness of character. She believes that if a person has the energy to lie to themselves, then they have the energy to make their situation better. That said, she is very outgoing and fun-loving, and enjoys having and making friends. However, she is often inadvertently apathetic, because she often doesn’t realize how important a situation is to someone. As a rule, she dislikes Bug Pokemon, as she finds most of them disconcerting. However, she often has no problems with Ghost or Dark type Pokemon, though her experience with both types is not extensive. She believes in giving everyone a chance, even if they are a Bug type. She also dislikes nicknaming Pokemon, viewing the nickname as an annoyance rather than a term of endearment. “You can be just as close to a Pokemon without a nickname as one with a nickname.”

Background: Nami lives with her parents, who have schooled her from a young age, particularly about music. Nami is a very good vocalist, and is also proficient with the flute. However she almost never plays or sings in public due to her general dislike of music. The one exception is when she was around her Grandmother, who is the only reason that she is still involved in the arts. She moved with her parents from Oblivia to Hoenn at a rather young age, though she still retains her Oblivian accent. Her grandparents still live in Oblivia, though her family is historically from Hoenn. Her parents encourage her to try new things whenever she gets a chance, and were thrilled when she said that she wanted to go on a journey like her grandmother and grandfather. Neither of her parents went on a journey, as her mother was too sickly as a child and her father never had any interest.

She had many friends in Oblivia as a child, and has many friends now in Hoenn. However, her brutally honest personality means that any of her true friends need to be able to survive a constant critiquing. She lived in the area around Lilycove City, and traveled to the island where she could get a starter Pokemon.

POKÉMON
Starter Pokémon: Torchic
Torchic is very brave, not cowering from any kind of fight, even if it’s with a Pokemon much more powerful than itself. It is also very protective of its trainer. Also, it has a strange habit of tearing the face off of people who say the phrase "oh-meh-gerd."

Sorry if I took a bit of creative licence with the being from Oblivia. I figured you weren't going to use it, so it made for good back story.
Old July 13th, 2013 (06:54 AM).
Chalifoux
:: Like FROO-OO-OO-OOT ::
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
@Garde. I seem to find no problems in any section of your SU (other than the fact that the Oblivian accent/historically from Hoenn family seems to repeat across the SU) :p Only waiting for Birdy's approval now! :D

Chalifoux
Living La Dolce Vita
:: life could not be much sweeter ::

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Old July 14th, 2013 (11:40 AM).
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Nature: Relaxed
I'm glad that they added Gallade, a lot of the newer pokemon bugged me for a while, but I never liked the thought of Gardevoirs that were still male...creepy tranny pokey and the man
Old July 14th, 2013 (03:56 PM).
TurtleKing
Turtles > You

I'm interested in this RP. Just reading through the first post. :3

Elite Academy - A Pokemon Academy fan-fiction by TurtleKing
Volume One | Volume Two
Old July 14th, 2013 (03:59 PM).
YellowGardevoir
Expert Breeder

Ok, I know I'm not officially in, but I will be gone until Friday, so I won't be able to post anything until then. Really hope this isn't a problem!
Old July 14th, 2013 (07:50 PM).
Chalifoux
Community Supporter

@TurtleKing. Yay! Moar peeps! :3

@YellowGardevoir. No probs, we won't be starting the RP anytime soon unless we getz a hella bunch of more interested people. Which, by the way, would be totally awesome. Also, still waiting on Birdy's veredict upon your SU :]

Chalifoux
Living La Dolce Vita

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Old July 14th, 2013 (08:22 PM).
Songbird
Conductor of the POOP TRAIN!

Send a message via Skype™ to Songbird
I only have a few things to say before I accept YellowGardevoir's SU.
  1. You noted that her accent is "beautiful". Beautiful to whom, exactly? Is it a generalization of a large number of Hoenn natives? Beauty is entirely subjective — meaning you need to provide particular examples, rather than using "many". A better word is "exotic", as that's what virtually everyone calls a foreign accent, and it can be used objectively.
  2. The only other thing is the condition that you don't try to make her sing or play a flute in the RP. It's not hating the singing/flute thing; it's hating when people try to put it into writing, and it's even worse if someone links to a video to try and "demonstrate" it, especially if it's not even what their voice is supposed to sound like. That will instantly put you on my s*** list, and if you plan to do it at all, please change it.
Old July 14th, 2013 (08:25 PM). Edited July 14th, 2013 by Lord Sephear.
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Hmmm how do we get more people here? To be honest I can't wait because only two of the other RPs I'm in have started so far, and their both moving pretty slowly, cool think is so far I love the GMs of all the RP's I'm a part of =) Especially you Beats, our Lovely Songbird, and Gimmepie =D

Dangit! Songbird, your sigpic it's sooooooo cute...I have a weakness for cute things, that's why I have had one kitty or another for pets my whole life >.<
Old July 14th, 2013 (08:37 PM).
Chalifoux
Community Supporter

@Garde. Alright. Birdy seems to pick up stuff I either dismiss or am too clumsy to carefully look upon. A change regarding how "beautiful" her accent is -as Birdy already stated - must be in place. And I agree with the flute thingy too. I've rarely seen it managed appropriately, so, yeah... A few edits and your char will be good to go! o3o

@Sephy. Well, we've already advertised the RP, so now we play the waiting game :] Three characters accepted, another three incoming. We will have a cast of six, and for me that'll be plenty enough to begin this RP ;]

Chalifoux
Living La Dolce Vita

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Old July 18th, 2013 (08:44 PM).
Songbird

We should post more in here.
Old July 18th, 2013 (08:58 PM).
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
If a conversation is needed, then so be it.
Question: What should this question be?

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old July 18th, 2013 (09:27 PM).
Antemortem
we're fantastic

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Hmm. Could anyone give a better explanation on how the Burst Hearts work?

I'M WEARING AN AVATAR OF ALL THE HOENN POKEMON
EVERY DAY FOR... HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES ME TO WEAR
EVERY SINGLE HOENN POKEMON. pls feel free to drop avatar
suggestions and stuff on my profile because i value you lovelies. xo
oras ... cm ... final oras team
Old July 19th, 2013 (06:24 AM). Edited July 19th, 2013 by Chalifoux.
Chalifoux
Community Supporter

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT BURST HEARTS!

@ Antemortem. Mmm, let's see. A Burst Heart is a gem, of hexagonal shape and the size of a Pokéball, which, as such, can fit in someone's pocket. Like a Pokéball, it can store a Pokémon, with the only difference being that the Burst Heart cannot release the Pokémon it contains unless the owner is defeated while Bursting with that Pokémon, and if that happens, the gem itself breaks and the Pokémon is considered as released. The Pokémon contained within a Burst Heart can easily be seen from the outside, just like those in Pokéballs in Pokémon Special/Pokémon Adventures. Like this:
Spoiler:
It is known that Burst Hearts can be made artificially if an original one is possessed, but the shape of these is more like a rhombus, and the usual pain and risk of dying when Bursting tends to be higher on inexperienced Burst Warriors. Those look like this:
Spoiler:
When Bursting with a Pokémon, the user of the Burst Heart gains the appearance traits, as well as attacks, abilities and weaknesses of the Pokémon inside. For instance, Bursting with a Raikou could make you very fast, almost not damaged by lighting yet weak against Ground attacks. There is also a way to bond and keep training a Pokémon while it is inside a Burst Heart. It is known that one can "access" so to speak to a Burst heart. When this happens it's more like having your mind drift off to some other place rather than actually disappearing. The "inside" of the Burst Heart depends on the Pokémon it contains as well as which would be his habitat. It's like they have their own little world there, and when entering, you can keep bonding with them and even train them in some sort of way. This happening is triggered randomly on those who haven't trained to be Burst Warrior or have an artificial Burst Heart. The more trained you are the more you will control when these visits take place. Here:
Spoiler:
Zekrom being Zekrom, his surrounding on the Burst Heart pretty much need to be this gloomy, right?

NOW, the act of Bursting itself... You have the gem, okay? You need to place it on your chest -on a very, very fabulous way, mind you-. Then, an excruciating pain will hit you -like you're being hit thousands of times in a row in your chest-, it is known that people actually die in failed attempts of Bursting... Some can barely withstand the pain out of pure luck while some train for years in order to fight ad eventually get used to the pain. If you're lucky enough to not die -or performed the act itself correctly-, a slight layer of light will take over you, the act itself is not that lousy unless you yell like there won't be a tomorrow. Afterwards, you swiftly earn traits from your Pokémon:
Spoiler:
And once the act is done, you will almost look like that Pokémon in your Burst Heart, obviously keeping your head:
Spoiler:
And if you fail... THIS will happen:
Spoiler:
And that's it, I think, unless I'm missing something (and if I do then Songbird might explain it OR explain this in an even better way). The Pokémon contained in a Burst Heart will occasionally be up to you to elect, while sometimes you'll stick with random ones. Or maybe those used by Team Gaia? Who knows!

EDIT: STOP USING SEXY AVATARS! >.<

@Khawill. It should be a question that can be answered, I suppose :P Wait, why didn't I reply to this first? Kind of burying the ladder here...

Chalifoux
Living La Dolce Vita

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Old July 19th, 2013 (06:50 AM).
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Well then, it seems clear to me that failure is all but the answer. Your explanation is most detailed and the pictures do assist the words. Furthermore, I have created a question, perfect for your answer.

Question: What is the best kind of question?

Its ingenious because the answer matches my previous query.

Also, will I be allowed to create an NPC (as is common in most RPs that I'm in)

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old July 19th, 2013 (07:24 AM).
Chalifoux
Community Supporter

@Khawill I see no reason for not allowing NPCs. As long as there aren't post centered specifically on them, in which case they would count as a second character and require a full-fledged SU of theirs. So, yeah, why not. You should give vague details on how they act/look like, as well as a brief story. Kind of like an SU sheet, but not quite :]

Said in short, yeah, go for it! :D

Chalifoux
Living La Dolce Vita

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Old July 19th, 2013 (01:58 PM). Edited July 19th, 2013 by YellowGardevoir.
YellowGardevoir
Expert Breeder

@EliteBeats & Songbird- I'm back, and I'll make sure to fix the SU as soon as I can. As for the singing/flute stuff, I had no intention of her ever actually playing, I just wanted to add some depth to her character. Also, thanks for the additional info about the Burst Heart stuff.

EDIT: I edited my SU. I added who specifically enjoys her accent, which is in the second paragraph. Hope it's enough, but if not I'll fix it again.
Old July 19th, 2013 (03:58 PM).
Dansparce
is rly good

Send a message via Skype™ to Dansparce
This RP has certainly got me interested, so i'll start writing up a sign up (As long as i'm not too late or anything).

3DS Friend Code: 4742-7053-1635
Friend Safari: Pumkaboo, Shuppet and Golurk
Old July 19th, 2013 (04:45 PM).
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Yay because I can't wait to start, none of the RPs that actually have pokey and the man that I signed up for have started yet >.<
Old July 19th, 2013 (05:43 PM). Edited July 19th, 2013 by Chalifoux.
Chalifoux
Community Supporter

@Dansparce. Anyone can still sign-up, don't worry :3 I'll look forward to your SU! :D

EDIT: Garde, I'm okay with your SU. Gonna wait on what Birdy thinks...
Also, I'm gonna link the post about the Burst Hearts to the first post of the OOC so that anyone can access it with ease. I might as well format it a bit :]

Chalifoux
Living La Dolce Vita

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Old July 20th, 2013 (12:37 PM).
Songbird

Much better. I still don't like the generalization you made, but that's more personal than anything. It's much more acceptable than the last time.
Old July 22nd, 2013 (08:02 AM).
Chalifoux
Community Supporter

Just throwing Torchic at Garde since that's a wrap :3

Torchic
[SPEED BOOST]
Low Kick | Endure | Scratch | Growl

Chalifoux
Living La Dolce Vita

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Old July 23rd, 2013 (05:19 PM).
Fuyu
Battle!

Nature: Quirky
I'm BAAACK. SU complete! I think. If this is still going, I'm still here!

Spoiler:
===>GENERAL DATA
Full Name: Noelani Darius, often called Noel or Lani, depending on your preference

==>IN-DEPTH
Appearance:

Noelani is an odd little Ducklett, name aside. She’s a nice height, about four feet and seven inches tall. A lass who frequently ran after the ocean waves since childhood, she has a light tan occasionally marred by thick layers of sunscreen. She could burn after all. A little muscle from working at home makes her no one special, but plenty to look at, even at this young age. Her hair is white, a trait she managed to receive from her family, birth family mind you. It is now long and soft, cared for as best as a tomboy can. Of course, that also makes it delightfully uneven due to being hacked up by scissors. Puberty has blessed her and blessed her well, making her not simply adorable in the mirror, but illustrious.

Her eyes are striking, a surprising heterochromic pale blue with a ring of purple around the pupil. She enjoys them, finds them a lot of fun to scare people with because they look like a cat Pokemon's eyes. Noel frequently has a smile on her face, mischief and good cheer keeping her cheeks tinted a slightly pink and dimples on her face. On her forehead is an odd scar like a nick. She got it by accident when she was very little. Barely remembers it. At least there was no brain damage... probably. Her nails are bare, but cut low, so she doesn't do anything silly like claw someone's eyes out. Why do that when you can punch them?

Noel dresses with a mite of forethought. That would be because she is well aware of how much trouble she will be tempted to cause. So she wears blue jeans that are cut off just past her knees and a black short sleeved shirt. She loves short sleeves. If she has to wear a jacket, she will, but it's mean to make her. Her shoes are typically purple, because purple is AWESOME, you know. Closed toes shoes at the moment, like a mixture of sandal and gym shoe.

When it's cold, because she's been through the cold and frankly it sucks, she pulls out this really big, FLUFFY red coat lined with wool that reaches all the way down past her butt and to her knees. It has this huge hood and these ties that can tighten it. Sometimes people think of her as a mini, female Santa Claus. You know, except with less weight. She also wears these nice black boots and white pants. If it was a little lighter, she'd forgo the pants for a skirt but... you know. Priority is staying warm.

Noel also has no accessories, finding accessories silly and meant to be kept in bags for your rooms or something. So she has a black bag on her back but that's it.

Personality:

Noel is chipper, social, and also a terror to be handled on any given day.

She is, in other words, the near opposite of her father at that age. Except for that last part.

Noel is a vibrant ball of energy who would try to run across the region if given the chance. Full of pep, and capable of skipping almost anywhere, this adolescent is everything good and happy in the world, and she won't let you forget it. Bouncing on the balls of one foot half the time, she is not a loud person, but you would think she was. She can be all up in people's business sometimes, honestly. Her favorite thing to do is make friends. She will be the outstretched hand or peek over your shoulder.

Introverts beware.

Rarely is this girl unhappy. Rarely is this girl unenthusiastic. She's even happy if she loses. That means there's bigger and better chances to kick butt next time! Because there will be a next time, she just knows it. She's so happy for the winner that it hurts sometimes. Earnest and loyal are Noel as well and she makes it seem rather easy. She is confident too. She won't say she can do something if she absolutely can't. She'll certainly try anyway though. Silly. One of the few things her father taught her was to be kind to other people, which is hilarious considering who he was. He doesn't want anyone else to be treated as he was, a freak, outcast. So he taught her to never do it. That wonderful Golden Rule comes in very handy. Help others as they would help you. Treat others as you wish to be treated. She lives by these rules and they are easily applied to Pokemon.

She considers Pokemon as her partners, working to achieve the same goal, be it in a contest or a battle to kick major trainer butt. She doesn't really think Pokemon are better than humans, or that humans are better than Pokemon. People that think either way are useless to her because they do not see the bigger picture of a world without either humans or Pokemon. She is a snob in that regard, but at the same time, is not discriminatory.

However, she also is a very childish kind of kid. She pouts easily. Not very spoiled, as a few adventures left her in quite a bit of danger, but things going wrong for someone else or generally going wrong can start the patterns of sulk or a tantrum. They can quickly fizzle out but we can never be too careful. Also, though she can be really, really smart, she also has a lot of trouble with listening. Or sitting still. She also is very quick to the punch and has this horrible habit of assuming things. Though Noel has been taught to observe like a super Pokedex, she has not mastered the ability. Nor can she shut up when she does. It was a habit as a toddler of not lying. Well, we know where that got her.

Something that also gets her in trouble is her bad habit of teasing people. She never does it to make anybody angry persay, but she likes seeing people squirm. It's always made her giggle. Of course,embarrass her and it's a whole other can of beans. She has a habit of shouting when she gets mad. Otherwise, she never shouts. She just sometimes talks a little loud, a little awkwardly to cover silence. Noel is also prone to punching. Look out gaiz.

Background:

Noel knows she was born to an unconventional teenager at the wrong time, and doesn't particularly care. Her father works very hard for her. She is not always happy, and sometimes was left wanting. However, she was always safe, and he always loved her. Still does, even. And he always had super strong Pokemon too. Apparently her name was her mother's idea. Bad one mom, really. So embarrassing. Oh well, it makes her different. She likes different. Her mother is also different. She is always busy and can see her maybe once a year, maybe four times. It is very odd.

Noel was born in Sinnoh, while her father and mother were both born in Hoenn. Odd, since her father still isn't sure where he was born and has no certificate to back it up. She spent the first few years of her life there, with her father and a man named Alexander, her unofficial "uncle". She remembered very little of that time, other than runes and letters and times spent in a large backyard chasing a Pokemon with white fur and a creature made of leaves.

Even faintly, she remembers those happy days.

Then, her father was not a constant, but he was around so often that he was practically there all the time. If he wasn't, a Pokemon was there, typically a mildly insane Raichu or a vain Milotic. They were good Pokemon, kind, if a little weird. At that time, she was very sick. Her father will never tell her what she was sick with, but it was something that should have never gone away, ruined her chances of becoming a trainer or much of anything. In normal circumstances, the age of ten would have been her last stop, if that long.

But... by a miracle, or perhaps divine meddling of some sort, Noelani recovered slowly for two years. Her father had done something but that something was a question never meant to be answered as far as she was concerned. She simply knew that he had solved it and come home. That was enough. It had to be enough for this very moment. Whatever it had done, it had changed her papa. He had been a rather rough, harsh man with a squishy core that a few people could see. After that, she saw more of his squishy, earnest core. And that was good. Yes, that was very good.

They moved to Olivine City not long after she had turned six and remained there. Uncle Xander had remained behind, but he visited once in a while and that was good. That was very good. Often enough, her father's Milotic took her to the beach while he worked. He was a cook. For someone like him, who was reputed to be one of the most knowledgeable archaeologists of the age, it seemed too humble and modest. He shouldn't even have to work. However, Noel knew her father. The anonymity of it was what he wanted. It was where he flourished, in quiet attention. She did wonder if that man he had met would ever actually find them. Or maybe Papa was going to look for him himself. She wondered a lot about that. Never aloud though. Aloud, she wanted him all to herself.

Sometimes, it bothered her that she only got phone calls from her mother. Then, Noel simply got over it. She was fickle at times, and she was busy even more. She was happier with her father.

Most of the time, if she wasn't outside towards the seawater, Noel would sit behind the counter in the restaurant, learning things with crayons and sailors telling old tales in her ear. Or she was bothering the Ampharos in the lighthouse. She would quite like an Ampharos. They were nice Pokemon, and strong too.

It was at one trip to the beach when she, eight years old, tried to catch a Pokemon without a Pokeball. It was a Krabby. She tried to carry it home and tame it. In return, she got a scar on her head. Oh well. It was funny, That was when she decided: she would have a Pokemon, no matter what.

And now, at the age of sixteen, that was exactly what she was going to do.

Her father had laughed at this. What had taken her so long to decide, he had asked. Even Alma the Absol had giggled at her. He did not blame her, however. Her Papa had found the person he was looking for, completely by accident. She hadn't wanted to leave until her Papa was able to be happy without her. And, by the time that had happened, Noel had known that would never quite be the case. Now, at least, he would not be a lonely Papa.

With that knowledge in her mind, she was undeterred. She would go on a journey and she would beat everyone in her way until she had a team, just like her Papa's, a happy team. Maybe she would find a friend while she was at it.

It couldn't hurt to look. So she went to look in Hoenn.

=>POKÉMON
Starter Pokémon: Zeus, the God Pikachu and the evolved form of a lightning bolt, I mean Pichu. An arrogant little sod who loves nothing more than rubbing into the faces of other people how worthless they in comparison to him or his master, but mostly him. Sarcastic, sly, and very much in love with his tail, this little critter fights to the end because he is a GOD and expecting any less from him is BLASPHEMY. He is GOD on POKE EARTH AND YOU WILL RESPECT HIM OR ELSE HE'LL- ahem. Anyway, while he avoids dramatic speeches for epic oneliners, he mostly is uninterested in most of the planet. He'll simply disregard anybody most of the time, except Noel, who, by virtue of having a weird name, is important, or the team members because they are all his minions. Including you. Yes, you. Got it? Good. He hates repeating himself.

Old July 23rd, 2013 (07:53 PM).
Songbird

I have nothing to complain about.
Old July 23rd, 2013 (09:27 PM).
Chalifoux
Community Supporter

And with that -- ACCEPTED! :D

Pikachu
[LIGHTNINGROD]
Headbutt | Teeter Dance | Leer | ThunderPunch
5 people in everyone! :D
I'll wait a day or so and see if anyone else gets in -regardless of the results, the first IC post will be up soon! WOOT! :DDD

Chalifoux
Living La Dolce Vita

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Old July 23rd, 2013 (09:38 PM).
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Yay! Fuyu I love you for populating us enough for it to start.

PS: Ah she gets an awesome ability and I get gluttony? weeeeaaaak I wanted thick fat.
J/k, idc and I love you too Beats and Birdy. but anyways w00! we're starting soon! Happy face!

Sponsored Links