• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen July Coro-Coro: 5 New Pokemon + Xerneas & Yveltal typings + Oorotto

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I was raging when I saw that rumor, but it could actually be different from what most people are expecting. Maybe dual-type moves are moves that don't have 2 types at the same time, but rather change their type during certain circumstances.

Dual Typed meas two types. If it doesn't have two types, then it isn't Dual Typed.

I get the feeling that these dual-typed moves will be more along the idea that they're classified as one type but do super-effective damage of another type.

So for example, say you've got an Electric type move, your Electric-type Pokemon will get STAB from it but it'll do Water damage instead of Electric damage. That's my vision of what these dual-type moves will be. Would be an interesting twist if you ask me, if not get a bit confusing though.

But who knows, maybe they'll be more along the lines of Scald, or actually do dual-type damage.

STAB is calculated by damaging type not original type (Hidden Power Water only gets STAB from Water Type Pokemon not Normal Typed ones). If that were the case all Normal Type Pokemon would get STAB from Hidden Power. Coding an attack to do SE damage to something it doesn't normally do wouldn't be out of the question, but that does not fit with either version of "Dual Typed Attacks"

Looks like Honedge won't be getting Levitate after all, but it does get No Guard. Since Magmaruby mentioned it may learn Guillotine, it would really make it overpowered, but thankfully, the metagame bans OHKOs.

No Guard doesn't have any effect on OHKO moves. They don't have normal accuracy checks and are based on the user's level vs opponent's level. Since it has a custom scripted accuracy No Guard doesn't effect it.
Team Flare's goal is to make money. But I wanted a team that plans to steal Pokemon DNA and use it on themselves, due to its genetics theme, as well as completing the GRAMPS theory (not counting Team Snagem).
Snagem isn't Canon to the Pokemon world. Its an off bran team made by a different company. GRAMPS is for Gamefreak official teams.

Years
I'm actually pretty partial to Pancham's evolution. One of my favorite designs yet. And the first Squid is adorable. Not too high on the Squid evo/cotton ball/cotton candy thing, but that's just me. And I'll definitely want Y now because of Yveltal's typing and moves, etc. Even though X has Clauncher as a version exclusive. :(

How dare you disparage that cotton candy ball 'thing'! :p

At least the cotton candy one looks a bit like a french poodle. If it was in a cone or something, some people would go "BWAHHH I WANT OLD POKEMON BACK wkncf".

I really like the candy poodle. I wouldn't be surprised if it evolves into a more dog like shape.

Wow, those were my thoughts exactly.

Last edited:

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
STAB is calculated by damaging type not original type (Hidden Power Water only gets STAB from Water Type Pokemon not Normal Typed ones). If that were the case all Normal Type Pokemon would get STAB from Hidden Power. Coding an attack to do SE damage to something it doesn't normally do wouldn't be out of the question, but that does not fit with either version of "Dual Typed Attacks"

Ah, never actually realized that. Good to know then. So, what versions of "Dual Typed Attacks" are you referring to? The ones I mentioned in that post or some other generally viewed idea?

Years
Anyone think there will be two evil teams (err even three)?

Red is a bold color. It feels like it is asking to be complemented. A team Flash, electric type, would be a great counter part. Flash and Flair could both mean gaudy and showy, (the corrupt forms of beauty.) I have an idea we may see fewer poison and dark types in the evil team(s) this generation.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Maybe the third legendary will symbolize emptiness.It will reside in another dimension(like Giratina)where there is no other life.

Have a Psychic / Dragon Type. That way, Xerneas and Y-mon would both be super-effective against it. The Cycle of Life and Death overcoming the void of nothingness.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Have a Psychic / Dragon Type. That way, Xerneas and Y-mon would both be super-effective against it. The Cycle of Life and Death overcoming the void of nothingness.

The Dragon would make perfect sense. I remember reading something about a Dragon being part of that Norse mythology, and a Psychic-Dragon type would be great as it hasn't been done yet (I think...right?)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I was thinking Zakuro (the rock climbing gym leader) is probably situated somewhere near the mine.

Do you think those orange spots to the right side of the Kalos map is a rock climbing area?

On another note about Malimar, it's a bit annoying how it's type is Dark/Psychic since that would mean I would have to pick Froakie as my starter in order to have Malimar on my team....and Froakie is my least favourite of the three. :/

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm actually pretty partial to Pancham's evolution. One of my favorite designs yet. And the first Squid is adorable. Not too high on the Squid evo/cotton ball/cotton candy thing, but that's just me. And I'll definitely want Y now because of Yveltal's typing and moves, etc. Even though X has Clauncher as a version exclusive. :(

And I actually don't think there will be a third one tied to the two of them. Creation & destruction is obviously very dual in nature, one springs from the other. Yin & Yang. Not much room for a third principle there.
There can be a third as there's a hindi gods that is said to have three forms, one of Creation, one of Destruction, and one of harmony. While they may not be based on Hinduism they could still incorporate some aspects into them. The third member could be harmony, keeping the balance between the two, which is practically what Rayquaza, and Giratina did during their third versions.

blue

gucci
Years
Favourite of these five is definitely Karamanero (The Evolved Squid Pokémon) It's design is really great IMO and the fact that it's the first Psychic/Dark type Pokémon is brilliant, I'll definitely be using this one on my team. I've kinda structured a team from the Pokemon revealed so far and since these five, it's become even more difficult because there's already so many I like and we've only seen about a fifth of the whole Pokédex for Kalos!

Years
May be getting ahead of myself here but according to Serebii the next Corocoro" due for release on August 12th 2013, is said that the magazine will contain the biggest scoop of the century. We'll provide details on that next month." Wonder if that is Pokémon related, if so wonder what it'll be...also I love that we're getting another early issue next month...wonder if it's another holiday pushing it forward...

Years
Got some weird looking gym leaders this time around. I like 'em. What are they then, Electric and... Rock? Ground? I'm guessing Rock since the name "Zakuro" is written with these kanji: 石榴. The first one by itself is "ishi": "stone".

I'm also diggin the new Team Evil. They've got style.

And I actually don't think there will be a third one tied to the two of them. Creation & destruction is obviously very dual in nature, one springs from the other. Yin & Yang. Not much room for a third principle there.
If you've got a destroying legendary and a creating legendary then the third will be a preserving legendary. It's like in Hinduism: Brahma the creator, Vishnu the preserver, and Shiva the destroyer.

Years
Got some weird looking gym leaders this time around. I like 'em. What are they then, Electric and... Rock? Ground? I'm guessing Rock since the name "Zakuro" is written with these kanji: 石榴. The first one by itself is "ishi": "stone".

I'm also diggin the new Team Evil. They've got style.

If you've got a destroying legendary and a creating legendary then the third will be a preserving legendary. It's like in Hinduism: Brahma the creator, Vishnu the preserver, and Shiva the destroyer.

Then would Xerneas be the creator or the preserver, I wonder? The final one could be a preserver I guess, if Xerneas is indeed the creator. Could go either way though.

doesnt matter Yveltal is the best

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Then would Xerneas be the creator or the preserver, I wonder? The final one could be a preserver I guess, if Xerneas is indeed the creator. Could go either way though.

doesnt matter Yveltal is the best

Since it's the "Life Pokemon", I would imagine it's the creator. :P Though, I suppose Preserver would also make sense.

Years
Yeah Life could go both ways, if Life in this context means living than the third maybe birth...but I think Life in this context is birth as it'll fit better with the duality of being born/created, and dying.

Years
I'd say the new pokémon are a bit of a mixed bag, similar to all the previous reveals really. Some good, some bad, none spectacular though.

The new professor is pretty cool, probably my favourite professor design since Oak really.

Do we know what the Raichu and Gengar bits are about?

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
I'm not a fan of any of the new Pokémon revealed in this month's issue. The rest of the reveals, like the new team and professor, are just ok. I'm wondering what the "biggest scoop of the century" will be. Since B2/W2 I've been a little worried that fusion could become a much bigger part of Pokémon in gen 6, and that's something I don't want. Hopefully that won't be it.

Years
I'm not a fan of any of the new Pokémon revealed in this month's issue. The rest of the reveals, like the new team and professor, are just ok. I'm wondering what the "biggest scoop of the century" will be. Since B2/W2 I've been a little worried that fusion could become a much bigger part of Pokémon in gen 6, and that's something I don't want. Hopefully that won't be it.
On my way to this thread that very idea came to me...it'll truly be ground breaking...plus it'll explain the helix on the logos...

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years

"biggest scoop of the century" might not be about Pokemon at all. Just saying. Could be movie stuff. Could be new Type-Effectiveness Chart.

Years
Those ideas have come up in the rumor thread, we really don't know enough to guess...if it is really Pokémon related it may be the biggest surprise of the generation...or in the whole series, or confirm one of the rumors we have.

As for the Pikachu and Haunter with the evolution pieces, I think it's talking about evolution methods, someone in Pokebeach forums mentioned a new evolution method though no site has anything on it...

Back