• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Passive, or AGGRESSIVE?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Let's say you're playing a video game on where you can sort of ~choose~ the style for the way to kill your enemies. One way, you could avoid conflict until the right time, on where you'd sneak up on someone, and do the deed. That's what I like to call being passive.

Or, you could just rush in, guns blazing, destroying and blowing up everything in sight so that the enemy would have no time to counter-react because they would be dead anyway, or be close to death so that there would be no way they could counter attack anyway. That's what I like being aggressive!

Which, of these two, would you prefer to be doing? Being passive.. or being aggressive?

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
I guess it depends on the game, the situations, and whether or not death is punished.

If I'm playing in an online game where my kills and deaths are recorded, then I'll take it easy, rushing in when I know it'll work to my advantage. If I have a light machine gun with 100 rounds of DEATH then you know I'll use it! Usually I play defensively, camping, walking, picking my fights. But I love being aggressive, aiming and firing at whatever as fast as I can to maximize kills and minimize deaths.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I would definitely be passive since my gun can only hold so many bullets now especially in a game like Halo so if I make a kill I want to make sure it is enough to turn ze tide.

Reinforce

Reinforce Production
Years
When im playing gun shooting game,, my gameplay is to rush on them with light guns so i can run faster and reload faster.. Because when im on rush to their base what they doing is throwing bombs ..and thats my opportunity to kill them xD Game: Special Force 2

Years
It depends on the situation, really.

Actually, the only position where I would be passive is when I am outnumbered or the enemies are located in an area where they could easily kill me if I was detected. Though normally, being aggressive is the way for me. It's quick, intense, and enemies won't always be able to react in time. I enter the fray, 5 seconds later it's a battlefield of blood and debris.

Adamant Dragon

Jay Terano
Years
If I'm playing sometjhing like call of duty or ghost recon. I like to get a grenade launcher, run into the middle of a group of enimies and shot the ground. Suicide, but the k/d ratio is more kills. If its assassins creed or a medieval rpg definately the dilent kill.

TY

Depends on the genre and situation for me.

For instance in RTS games i tend to be passive, since rushes always fail to me and a simple timed strike can blow my enemy to bits

However in other genres i tend to be aggressive, mainly cause i dont seem to get into cover but just move towards the enemy while shooting it

Years
Aggressive in almost all games. The only stealth game I can think of that I've played is Hitman and I went in all guns blazing on that whenever I could.

That said on games when you're encouraged to be aggressive (FPS) I like to opt for the sniper quite often.

TY

Aggressive in almost all games. The only stealth game I can think of that I've played is Hitman and I went in all guns blazing on that whenever I could.

That said on games when you're encouraged to be aggressive (FPS) I like to opt for the sniper quite often.

Ah Hitman... I can remember my dad raging at me pulling out a shotgun and killing everyone for the lowest score possible xD... I like being agressive when you actually dont have to.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Passive. Well, back in the day, when I played Morrowind I used to play the sword wielding warrior who jumps right into the action. About the time I played Oblivion I started playing more of a sneaky way, using bows and daggers, sneaking all the time. It's actually more fun this way (maybe I should restart Morrowind someday...)

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Passive. From my experience, I found myself doing better when I learned to stop charging without thinking.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I think my play style is a mix of passiveness and aggression. If I had to lean toward one end, I'd say I'd be a more critical and analytical player and so a more passive player as well.

Tsurera

Sculptor
Years
If I can I usually choose passive, or as I like to call it Stealth mode. I like to take my time and get the perfect kills >=)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Aggressive in stealth games and passive in just about everything else, which is completely backwards but I'm so aware that I suck at stealth that I just give up from the get-go, generally. :( Trying to take my time to get the perfect kill usually just ends in my frustration as it all goes terribly wrong.

Years
I normally play aggressively in almost every game I have. The only exception might be Deus Ex: HR, where stealth does help quite a bit...even if it is a bit tedious. I owe my aggressiveness to playing tons of FPS games, including (but not limited to) Call of Duty, Combat Arms, and Blacklight: Retribution.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Passive when I can because I play terribly if I have to be aggressive. My friend is overly aggressive and it gets him killed a lot, so I always remember the stupid crap that he does and do my best to stay away from that style of playing.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I'm on the passive side. A majority of the games I play quite defensively, because if I didn't I'd be hurt a lot, or caught in a trap. At least when you play defensively you sometimes may know what you are up against.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I play every game aggressively, I can't really play any other way. Never been the sort to be stealthy. I just like going straight in and raising hell. haha

Back