The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 20th, 2013, 04:25 PM
TreeKangaroo
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nature: Naughty

Advertise here
I don't get why people hate on garbodor. Unova is based off of New York so of course there's a ton of garbage bags there! Same with like stray cats, pigeons, and rats running around. Look at Muk he's practically a purple garbodor. Klink I can understand. And I will not play them because I lost them. Sucks for me I guess, but I still got my platinum and heart gold version.
Old August 20th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Blaziken42205

I'm sure I'll still play White 2 after I get X or Y even though it'll be on a different system. Heck, I still play Blue and Red on my Gameboy
Old August 26th, 2013, 04:29 AM
Azire
Mr. Premier Ball

Nature: Naughty
I am currently playing Soul Silver and Platinum. I didn't play Gen V until B2W2 came out. I beat Black 2 but still haven't even gotten halfway through White. Gen V is by far the worst in my opinion. After I beat Y I will continue to play the older Gens but Gen V will probably be dead to me. I only get on them now due to the fact they are the most recent. I use Black 2 for storage and both Gen V games to collect Mystery Gifts. I won't need them for either reason come October.
Please Leave A Review If We Trade
Trader Review Thread
Pairs: Champion Lunis
Old August 26th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
Gen V isn't even relevant now. I've seen more people restart older games during this generation than I have before. I think gen V will pretty much be forgotten once X and Y are released.
Old August 26th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Pendraflare
If you think i'm burning out, I never am.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
I don't know about these guys, but i'll always like Gen V, just like I do every other. As people have said, there are those that still play the older generations and they're discussed commonly, so yes, i'm sure it will still be relevant.
Old August 26th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Aeroblast
Cutting inside like a boss
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Every competitive battler will flock over to X&Y. In that sense, Gen V won't be much relevant.
Old August 26th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
Every competitive battler will flock over to X&Y. In that sense, Gen V won't be much relevant.
Yeah but competitive battlers are the minority among Pokémon players. It's a given that competitive battling moves to the latest game, but there are still people who play the older games regardless.

Actually, even that scene doesn't have a direction yet. Most of the competitive battlers hack their Pokémon, and this isn't possible in the 3DS. And Smogon no longer has the head start they once did when they could test the moves and abilities in the Japanese version and port them to their simulator. It will be an era of discovery and everyone will start from zero when the games are released. Of course, hacked Pokémon could still be transferred from earlier games, but at least the new Pokémon won't be able to be hacked.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old August 26th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
I see a lot of people playing games from all generations for nuzlockes, and I think Black/White will not be an exception. There are many pokemon fans who do not plan to buy a 3DS for XY or who dislike the look of 3D compared to sprites. These will give reasons for people to still play Gen V.
Old August 26th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Tsutarja
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I wouldn't quite say it would be irrelevant once the release of the 6th generation comes out, but I understand that it will be more deprecated along the way (my example being how the Dream World will no longer be accessible).
Old August 29th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Generation four has lost most of its relevancy few months after the fifth gen. games were released, so I think generation five will most likely go through the same thing. I haven't completed Pokémon Black 2 or White 2 yet, though, so there's a slight chance that I'll still play one of these games when Pokémon X and Y are released.
Old August 29th, 2013, 05:14 PM
JorgeAamelo
Reality Bender

Nature: Calm
I think the 5th Generation will just low it's popularity in the online tools, as even today its already hard to find a battle sometimes (or maybe it's just me) but as for the games, I believe that they will probably still be played by a part of the Pokémon Fans, as it was actually an important gen with all the new features it bought as well as the first actual sequel games to the originals, its probably, in my opinion, the most story-deep pokémon games so far and should definitely still be played.

In my own regret I have to admit that I have basically "ditched" the Pokémon Franchise for quite a while, and haven't shown a single interest to my either 4th Generation or 5th Generation Games and as well as the impact of Pokémon had on me, but I believe the day where I pick my old games again and starting play them again that the whole magic will come back, and that day won't take long to happen.

Proud Lover of the Brazilian Girl - Annaicat
Old August 30th, 2013, 06:22 PM
EJ Nero
OshaPower!

Nature: Bold
I think for those who enjoy playing previous gens, and collecting pokemon from them gen 5 will always be relevant. But of course it will lose its popularity in comparison to the newer gen as they all have before. I will still be playing Black/Black 2 though. I haven't even bought Black 2 yet, and am still on Black (post-Elite Four). I want to play it before I buy Y.
Old August 30th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Darkendra
Leader Of Team Dark Shade

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Yahoo to Darkendra Send a message via Skype™ to Darkendra
Once Gen VI comes out Gen V will of course be obsolete.
Why else would they just take all those wonderful things from the GTS?
Why else would they not try to make enough room or even have a separate server specifically for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y?
After X & Y come out most people playing B/W or B2/W2 will be bored out of their minds.
I for one have already gotten all 649 in the Pokedex.
Old August 30th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Sideshow Bob
Hufflepuff and Slytherin

Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry, Summer Bay & Lumiose City
Nature: Gentle
This is what annoyed me, how long did Gen 4 go? 2006-2010 (Japan)/2007-2011 (Rest of the world), previous Generations went for the same amount of time or a bit shorter, Gen V was the shortest yet, spanning three years in Japan and two and a half in the rest of the world. To Nintendo, it won't be relevant, but to us, it will be...

Science fiction (Ooh ooh ooh) double feature.
Doctor X (Ooh ooh ooh) will build a creature.
See androids fighting (Ooh ooh ooh) Brad and Janet.
Anne Francis stars in (Ooh ooh ooh) Forbidden Planet.
(Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh)
At the late night, double feature, picture show.
Old August 30th, 2013, 09:18 PM
mozartm99

Nature: Lax
I think it will. I am still playing through Pearl cause I've never actually beat it :p
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Old August 31st, 2013, 10:16 AM
Zebz213
Travelling Insomniac

Nature: Modest
Gen VI will probably be the most played after it is released, but people are still going to do various challenging runs on Gen V and as long as Trade Shops exist, Gen V will always be relevant.

White 2 FC: 3955-5631-8786
Add my FC if you want to battle, trade, or just hang out.
Old September 20th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Blues7

Nature: Calm
Well, you can at least count us in.
I don't have enough money to buy a 3DS yet, so I'll stick with BW2 for another year maybe haha...
peace!

Arturo, the Escavalier

Old October 8th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Warsmith
Paranoid Murderer

Nature: Bold
I believe they are still relevant, koff~

Keep in mind that the new Pokemon Bank can transfer Pokemon from Pokemon Versions Black and White without much hassle. This gives it the opportunity to continue being relevant in the eyes of many. Some people still play old arcade games (myself included) so I can hardly believe Pokemon that are prevalent in certain regions to become obsolete. Big note: Pokemon Versions Black and White are the only way to bring your Gameboy Advance Pokemon with you to Pokemon Versions X & Y. Think about that, koffi~
FROM FAITH, COMETH HONOUR.
FROM HONOUR, COMETH IRON.
THIS IS THE UNBREAKABLE LITANY;
AND MAY IT FOREVER BE SO.
Old October 8th, 2013, 11:41 PM
Powalen

I think people will always play 5th gen games and honestly, no generation goes completely irrelevant. For example, people still play the original games even all of these years later so I fully expect 5th gen games to be played and widely popular as well.

Old October 9th, 2013, 04:52 AM
TheClassyOrca
What's The Gist, Physicist?

Nature: Relaxed
I sure hope so because Gen 5 is my favorite Generation (Despite my hype for G6). I'm sure it'll still be relevant. It may be seen as special because it is the last Pokémon game for the DS which is pretty bittersweet in my opinion. I know I'm going to be playing them for a while. c:

Friend Code: 4656-6047-2332
~~
"It still has brains on it..."
Old October 9th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Whitney's Shaymin
Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
When Black/White came out there was a lot of hype but people still played 4th gen games. It will be the same thing!

"The Incredibly Pretty Girl"

Gym Leader Whitney
link | link | link

FC: 4699-7156-4669 IGN: Gavin
Old October 9th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Of course as soon as x/y come out the 5th gen is going to be left aside for a while, but as many have said before me, no generation goes forgotten, and of course people will keep plying BW/BW2, me included. Heck, i still play Red and Blue from time to time!

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old October 9th, 2013, 09:28 AM
kay3o
B)

I personally haven't finished White 2 yet, I'm right at the Elite Four too..

I'm just so hyped for X & Y haha.
Old October 9th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Considerning people can't RNG as successfully on a 3DS or even the 3DS games, 5th Gen games will still be relevant for breeding perfect IV Pokemon. The attacks may be out of date, but breeding for those perfect IVs then transferring the babies over to Gen 6 will make Gen 5 a must keep for some players.
Old October 12th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Denny Hamlin
Où t'es? Papa, où t'es?

Nature: Brave
I'm still hyped about XY, but with that, I've prompted myself to play White 2 while I wait to buy my own copy. For nostalgia purposes, I'll still play Unova, but I have to remember the fact that 5th Gen gameplay will never be the same as 6th Gen gameplay and everything will be so much different in terms of competitiveness.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here