• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Old Gaming Consoles

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Most of us still have our old gaming consoles, don't we? If you do, then what condition are they in right now? Are they clean, or are they not so clean? Do they look as if they're new? Do they still work?

I have Nintendo 64, GameCube, and Playstation 2 down in my basement. All of them are a bit dusty because I haven't cleaned them in a while. My GameCube and PS2 works just fine, but my N64 doesn't. Somehow, water got inside of it.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • I still have my N64, NES, Gamecube, Playstation 1 & 2. :3

Fortunately they all still work, except, my NES sorta... crashes from time to time, and my Playstation 1 is missing a few wires at the moment. Ugh. ;~; They're pretty clean though! Well, maybe except my Playstation 1 that gets a little dusty from time to time~

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I have an Atari collection thats in pretty good condition, and a ColecoVision still in the box. I've never ever used them so I don't know if they work, they probably do. My Nintendo systems all work, although one of my NES is pretty glitchy (last time I played LoZ: 2 I was invulnerable lol) and its difficult to get started sometimes.

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
    Years
  • I have an SNES. I dunno if it belongs to Mom or Dad but they both apparently had one so meh. I occassionally play some Super Mario World and Star Fox, along with Super Mario All-Stars and the Lion King. There are others, but I rarely play those.

I also have an original Gameboy, but it sadly doesn't work. :/

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I have a PS2 which I still play quite regularly for FFX and FFX-2. I did have a Gamecube up until a few days ago when I gave it to my nephew, heh. But other than that I don't have any others.

As for being clean; my GC wasn't because I didn't play it so it just literally sat and gathered dust. My PS2 is quite clean, it still manages to gather dust tho jfc.

Years
  • I have a NES and a Game Genie. Funny that it's the only console I've ever owned to date, though that record will be broken when I buy a PS4.

Years
  • I really wish I had all my old consoles, but they were played to the point where they just stopped working, which is why we generally moved on to the next gen of consoles (Sega Genesis -> PS1 -> PS2 -> PS3). The only old consoles that I can actually say I have are both handhelds- a Game Boy Color and a Game Boy Advance SP. It's almost hard to believe that the SP is already over 10 years old, even though it feels like just yesterday that I got it.

I'd love to be able to have all my old consoles back, though, as I've still got dozens of games just collecting dust since I've got nothing to play them on.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
  • I've still got my PS2 in my closet and I think I have my SNES in the basement somewhere. I still plug in my PS2 every once in a while to play Jak and Daxter. I don't feel like buying the HD Collection because the PS3 is my Dad's so I couldn't play whenever I wanted :P

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • All my old consoles ended up breaking. I only have 3 working consoles left. with the oldest being my gamecube. My house rarely looks after consoles which is annoying. When I move out though I plan to get as many ol consoles as I can for memorys.

TY

I got my PS1&2, both are still working properly and im still enjoying games on my PS2

Years
  • I have a SNES which is in the garage, but I've been meaning to take it out and start playing with it again. Also, I have my GBA Tribal which was the first console I bought, hasn't been used in a while.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I have an Game and Watch: Super Mario sitting in my kitchen
    which is in okay condition after I let my daughter play it. the rest are on their last legs.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    I actually still have my dad's DreamCast around, and I love it! If I've played all my other consoles to a certain point, I like to take it out for a spin. I own a few games, two of them being Sonic games - Sonic Adventure and Sonic Shuffle. The latter was one of my favorite games when I was younger, mostly because I absolutely adored the creatures that were summoned in place of the gems. I don't recall which was my favorite, but I do remember endless afternoons going through the board with my brother. A few of my friends have offered to buy it off us, but I don't think I'd be able to let it go honestly. ^^

Back