Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation
Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

View Poll Results: Your fave 3rd Generation Series?
Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald 36 73.47%
Fire Red/Leaf Green 13 26.53%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 3rd, 2013, 03:53 PM
Starry Windy
Windvisible atm, again.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest

Advertise here
As its title said, which of these 3rd Gen games series do you prefer, R/S/E or FR/LG?

It's Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald for me, because I enjoyed playing these games, being the first game that I fully played, and because it takes place in Hoenn region.
Starry Windy
PC Supporter since January 4th, 2014
“And remember I do hope you keep shining bright!” - Hikamaru
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old September 3rd, 2013, 05:44 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

Emerald is by far my favorite game of all time, so I will go with R/S/E. The region of Hoenn was simply breathtaking with all of the beautiful cities, routes, and towns. I loved how the region was filled with water to surf on and dive into. There was nothing that I found wrong with these games at all. They were absolutely perfect! My favorite Pokemon, Castform, was also introduced in these games, so without a doubt R/S/E > FR/LG

"By force of will!"
Old September 3rd, 2013, 05:51 PM
Hikamaru
now i'm on the outside
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald definitely. I never played FireRed and LeafGreen, and Ruby was the first Pokemon I game I ever played, right on my birthday in 2003 when I had only just turned 11. I loved the game so much I was so excited for the next generation, and Hoenn is such a memorable but unique region in its own right.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 07:07 PM
xseed
Reality? Or a dream?

Nature: Jolly
r,s,emerald cuz they were da first pokemon games I played ever. fire red and leaf green were good too but nowhere near compared to hoehn.
Looking toward a brighter future
Old September 3rd, 2013, 07:53 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

I prefer Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. Unlike FireRed and LeafGreen, all locations in these games had something unique that set them apart from each other. For example, Fortree City had treehouses, Slateport had the Slateport Market, Lavaridge was known for its hot springs, and Mossdeep was the home of the Space Center. Also, the storylines of these games were quite engaging.
for all distractions.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 10:44 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Emerald by far easily outnumber any other 3rd gen game due to it's features as well great story
Old September 4th, 2013, 02:33 AM
LusoTrainer

FireRed/LeafGreen, by far. Not only are they faithful remakes of the great games that started this franchise, but they also doesn't include any of the 3rd generation Pokémon which in my opinion is when things started going south as far as quality and charm goes (in my opinion).

P.S: There is already a thread like this.
Old September 4th, 2013, 02:54 AM
Rarityyy

I'd say FireRed/LeafGreen, due to the fact that they're remakes of the first games.

I never really enjoyed R/S/E that much when I played it.
Old September 4th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
pokemon R/S/E for defo because it is not a remake and have the best villian team ever Team Aqua.
Old September 4th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
R/S/E without a doubt, Hoenn is my favorite region and Kanto is probably my least favorite so it's no contest really.
Old September 4th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

LeafGreen is an incredibly good game, and I like a lot of the pokémon in them...but Hoenn clinches it for numerous reasons. Emerald was my first game, Hoenn's a lot more varied (although to be fair tech wasn't available in 1st Gen, they didn't want to change too much in the remakes), Hoenn has some of my favourite pokémon (i.e. Ralts, Lotad), Emerald has Battle Frontier...I could go on.

EDIT: Moving sprites. Particularly as I started with Emerald, LG's static sprites look just...wrong.
Old September 4th, 2013, 01:20 PM
LusoTrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amore View Post
EDIT: Moving sprites.
Another reason for why I prefer FireRed/LeafGreen over Emerald.
Old September 4th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Tsutarja
Happy Halloween!

While it was nice to have FireRed and LeafGreen for nostalgic purposes, I simply prefer Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald for having way many more features, such as weather outside of battle, contests, being able to plant berries, secret bases, etc..

Happy Halloween!
mod pairs family tumblr twitter pc social sites
Old September 4th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
I liked FireRed/LeafGreen on a fairly equal scale to Ruby/Sapphire, but I felt that Emerald was so much better than all 4 of them, so my vote is with R/S/E.

Hoenn was a much nicer region to look at due to the varied landscapes and weather, but Emerald included the Battle Frontier as well, which occupied way much more time for me than I'd like to admit.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: DARK // NORMAL
Old September 5th, 2013, 04:00 AM
Penta Penguin
Penta is here to stay

R/S/E were the ones that I waited for the most. When they did come out, I bought both Ruby and Sapphire, and really enjoyed them. I didn't play much of Emerald, but I really liked that as well. Fire Red and Leaf Green were good too, but I didn't like them as much as the original R/B/Y.

Arkanoid
: The lost levels compact - 40% done
~Twitter~ ~Youtube~
Old September 5th, 2013, 04:04 AM
flufflepuff
Fluffle Puff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarityyy View Post
I'd say FireRed/LeafGreen, due to the fact that they're remakes of the first games.

I never really enjoyed R/S/E that much when I played it.

R/S/E is my least favorite too. It was boring when I played it. FR and LG are the best for the 3rd gen.
JOIN THE HERD

Old September 5th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Falsever
Ayano

I prefer all of them, I enjoyed them all.
I love Hoenn, but Fire Red and Leaf Green is great too.
But if you ask which one I liked the most, I'd say Emerald.
I liked it the most because Battle Frontier, Match Call and of course, Hoenn!
i wont give you any cookies
Old September 5th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Kotomine

Nature: Careful
R/S/E are my favorite (specifically Emerald) mostly due to the Battle Frontier.
My shiny pokemon.
Spoiler:

Lost shinies: Arbok[RECLAIMED], Basculin (Red striped one)
Masuda method: Zorua - 185 eggs
1/8192: Rattata, Arbok, Psyduck, Mankey, Abra, Doduo, Mewtwo, Chikorita, Golbat, Gloom, Unown - A, Smeargle, Zigzagoon, Wingull x 2, Banette, Registeel, Bidoof, Shinx, Roselia, Combee (female), Palkia, Landorus, Kyurem, Boldore x 3, Metang, Archen, Woobat, Nuzleaf
1/4096: Murkrow, Trevenant, Nosepass, Houndour, Snubbull, Eevee, Sentret x 3, Oddish x 3, Nincada
Friend Safari: Rhydon
Old September 6th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I personally prefer RSE due to the diversity of maps. Plus, Emerald had even more content to enjoy.
Old September 7th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
Hard choice. R/S/E were my all-time favorite Pokemon games but FR/LG were very enjoyable too, especially with the addition of the VS Seeker. Third gen had some great games overall so I'll say... both!

rockin' | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old September 10th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Itcheeee

I have only played Emerald and Firered so far, but I cannot say I prefer one over the other in terms of their series.
Most of my favorite Pokemon come from the 3rd Generation and Hoenn, which is my favorite region so far on top of that. Hoenn is unique from the other regions, the water travel is a big part of the R/S/E games, and I enjoy that. FR/LG on the other hand, have of course the nostalgia. Growing up with the original anime and Pokemon boom, Firered was the first Kanto-based game I played. (If you are not counting the 64 titles) I enjoyed the game play of Firered more then Emerald, and feel I ran out of things to do besides evolving Pokemon way before I did in Emerald. I voted for Hoenn, more pros then cons compared to FR/LG for me. (for the record, Having FR & Emerald for both a year and a half and I still have many things to do in Emerald)
Old September 10th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Rizardon

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Rizardon
Emerald simple because of the battle frontier and improved adventure.
Old September 10th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Corwinasa

I liked Pokemon LeafGreen Better than the other ones because
1. It was my first game.
2. R/S/E was not as good as i expected i just dont know exactly why but
R/S/E was just not my type.
Old September 10th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Gfx
╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤

Emerald was probably my favorite Pokemon game of all time, so I gotta give it to that. However, FireRed was a close second. Both great games in my opinion. But I think Emerald was revolutionary.
Completed Challenges:
Randomized Pokemon Challenge
Solo Run - Alakazam

Old September 18th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Negix

Send a message via Skype™ to Negix
Definitely Emerald for me. It had an excellent story with a good variation in Pokemon and movesets. On top of that, you could re-battle Gym Leaders and have the Pokemon Frontier challenge. The Elite Four is strong also, but if you knew their weaknesses you can easily dominate them. On top of all that, you had very intriguing and powerful legendaries, and contests if you wanted to... Show your moves!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here