The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 14th, 2013, 04:45 PM
PiPVoda
핖보다,화이팅!

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PiPVoda
I have Black, restarted my first saved file in July, and I'd say around late August/early September I was bored of Black City. It was nice having additional trainers to battle when my pokemon were still relatively low-leveled compared to many others in post-league play, but now it's just eh.

The only reason I'm still giving Black City any mind is because when I first got Black at release I didn't have anyone in my city due to taking my jolly 'ole time getting there. So what about the rest of you?
Old September 14th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
In White 1, I became bored with in a few visits. There was really no reason to catch the baby pokemon/ pre evo pokemon because I was just transferring them from HG which I had already had most at the time. I didn't even like Black City in my Black 1, so I didn't go there much, mainly because you could find enough stones throughout the game and didn't have to buy any.
Old September 14th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
As bad as it sounds not very long. ;A;
In White, White Forest just got smaller and smaller every time I visited, and eventually became empty of all grass. In White 2, there is only the Tree Hollow, and that didn't take too long for me to just get impatient with. I wish they made like, something else to do in each. Maybe like little cafes, or something other than just trees and grass to make me wanna explore more.

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old September 14th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Sandshrew4
Also known as Sandwich

Nature: Careful
It took me all of 40 seconds to get sick of the place and leave, never to return again. It's a pretty lame place, to be honest.
Old September 14th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
As soon as I set foot in it.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

Please give Boomburst to Pidgeot, GF!!!
Old September 14th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Black city and White forest I think was a good concept that was executed very poorly. Every time you go there, unless you link up somehow there's same thing every single time, with the added agony of having to visit there constantly otherwise the place gets emptied. It's just inane how Game freak made a good concept into such a boring space filler.
Old September 15th, 2013, 02:49 AM
ShiftFG
Donator Tier 2

I HATED the first black city and white forest, now it's a bit more fun. A bit........

- ShiftFG
Old September 15th, 2013, 03:05 AM
Flareen

Nature: Calm
I never really spent any time there - it never caught my interest.
Plus I had black and black 2 - I'm more of a natur type rather than a city type. I thought white forest at least looked pretty.. unlike black city. 3: <
Old September 15th, 2013, 04:59 AM
PhantomTheOrphan

i think it was different so i played around in it looked around but for replay no never it had nothing that interesting to keep me around
Old September 15th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Hate to say that I got bored with it after 2, maybe 3 visits to the White Forest. I remember reading about all the Pokemon you could eventually find there before I first played, and ended up being disappointed at all the work that you had to do to get them to show up, and the fact it was only a post-game area.

Pokémon Trainer Brendan wants to battle!
Grovyle (Lv. 32) - Overgrow - (Leaf Blade, Energy Ball)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament: FINALE
November 21st / Staff Collab 2014

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old September 15th, 2013, 11:53 PM
WhiteKnightL

Nature: Calm
I have Black 2 and so far I find it okay. I always go there every time my funds go lower than $1 million, plus the money is nice when trying to EV train your Pokemon.

"You lot. You spend all your time thinking about dying. Like you're going to get killed by eggs or beef or global warming or asteroids. But you never take the time to imagine the impossible. That maybe you survive." -The Ninth Doctor

I'm a Catholic Whovian who loves to watch anime and read manga, discovering my faith while still trying to to enjoy the things I love. Feel free to PM me for questions or just to chat!

Black 2 file
Palom
FC: 3483 3007 8236
Feel free to add me to trade and/or battle! Could really use some friends in BW2!

Poetry thread (please check it out!): http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=310154

My trade thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=307887
Old September 16th, 2013, 01:12 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

I think of them as a chore.I just went through them for the evolutionary items.
I also think that the treehollow is a little better due to the plants.
It did help me improve my stealth skills.(Avoid every trainer till the gate one)

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old September 16th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Peter Quill
Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw

I didn't come back anymore after finishing it. Well, maybe I did come back once for level grinding, but there's nothing that much in it for me to repeat :\

Louiecario in Miiverse | Click Kyogre to visit my gallery!
Old September 16th, 2013, 04:24 AM
TheClassyOrca
Expert Killer Whale

Nature: Relaxed
As soon as I got into White Forest I talked to all the trainers, got bored, and left. I do plan on coming back when I'm at the level so I can beat Benga because I want that shiny! : P

~~
"You get more with honey than with vinegar, babe."
Old September 16th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Fiery Dash

As of today I'm not bored of White Treehollow and Black Tower, battling trainers there are one of the ways to make money and to level up Pokémon. Not to mentioned about the BGM in White Treehollow and Black Tower are awesome! One can also visit stalls in White Forest or the Shop in Black City to buy evolutionary items!
Old September 16th, 2013, 07:31 AM
OmegaTL
Time Lord

Nature: Timid
I hated Black City but thought White Forest was quite interesting, in B/W1 at least. I find both to be very boring now our days though.

Planned X/Y team so far: Fennekin evo, Charizard, Blaziken, ???, ???, ???
Like Doctor Who? Come join us at Peladon!
Old September 16th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Flushed
Tomato Soup
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I thought Black City would always be cool, never liked White Forest though so idk how that would've worked out. Tree Hollow was meh, but you know free Pokemon at the end. It was more tedious than anything.
Old September 19th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Imperator161

I took too long to get to White Forest in the first place in White, so it was already a barren wasteland when I arrived. I thought the concept was neat, but I wish it didn't empty itself over time. I haven't really bothered to go there in BW2, so I don't have a strong opinion on the area in those games.
Old September 19th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

I've gotten bored of White Forest pretty quickly. There were some grasses there, but they were all occupied with Pokémon that I had already caught. I knew that you were able to use the Entralink feature to increase the amount of Pokémon that can be found in your forest, but I have never bothered using it because I found it to be a bit of a hassle. xD I love what they've done with the White Forest in White 2, though! They've placed something known as a Treehollow, where you can battle various trainers to earn rewards. That's pretty cool! As for Black City... I've never been there, so unfortunately, I have nothing to say about it. D:
Old September 19th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Juxapose

Nature: Jolly
I have never tried Black city or white forest believe it or not. I wanted to, but I find myself doing other things, like EV training, Join Avenue, Dream World, Pokestar Studios, Legendary hunting, Making money, Battles in Nimbasa city, PWT; damn there is a lot to do in these games.

What is Black city and White forest like? What is there to do?
Old September 19th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
I'll have to say that I didn't quite like Black Forest from the start, just a bunch of random trainers in a shady city and some guy who gives us cash. So I didn't dwell over there for too long. Haven't been to White Forest yet, though.
Old September 19th, 2013, 11:28 PM
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"

Nature: Brave
Black city sucked so much no wild-pokemon that are actually good all it gave us were some unnecessary trainers but white forest OMFG it was so good it had some good pokemon in there.

PairFriend Code
Old September 20th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Warsmith
Paranoid Murderer

Nature: Bold
It didn't take long. I've recently been playing White version again and all that's there is wild lvl 5 nidoran(f), koff~

What a joke. I would have rather had Black city where at least I could buy the stones instead of hunt for all of them. My goal in this one is to raise all the pokemon I could as my own, and the restrictions of the stone market made this aspect quite difficult, koffi~

Last edited by Warsmith; September 20th, 2013 at 12:33 PM.
Old September 21st, 2013, 07:29 AM
sh1nyzorua
zorua♥&♥zoroark

Nature: Quirky
I got bored of Black City pretty quickly, because it took me about two months to finish the game and by that time the only worthwhile thing in Black City was the Pokemon Center! There's a few buildings at the back, but I can't enter them. >.>

Gif by it-started-to-rain on Tumblr (:
Old October 6th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Warship
異議あり!

Nature: Jolly
as soon as items didnt begin appearing in white forest (and if they do they are useless items anyway) and when i had no new pokemon to catch. it still took a while before that though about 2 or 3 months
Growlithe - Charmeleon - Braixen
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links