Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

View Poll Results: Regirock, Regice, Registeel
Regirock 1 2.70%
Regice 24 64.86%
Registeel 12 32.43%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 17th, 2014 (12:00 PM).
xxReshiramxx

Nature: Gentle
Which one of these three do you like the best? I like Regice the best out of the three not only because of the way it looks but because of its cry sounds like a bird of some sort I think its really cool.
Old February 17th, 2014 (12:11 PM).
Sopheria
Potion Festival Queen
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I have to go with Regice because it looks cool (pun not intended, but noted). Actually, I might go as far as to say it's one of the coolest looking Pokemon imo. I mean, Regirock looks like a rock golem, and Registeel looks like a robot. We've all seen those before. But Regice looks like...something else. It's mysterious as heck.

And like you said, that cry is awesome. It sounds like a death laser.
Old February 17th, 2014 (02:00 PM).
ObnoxiousOboe
The Musical Psychic

Send a message via Skype™ to ObnoxiousOboe
Yep, definitely Regice, because I like Ice Pokémon in general. And it's nice having an Ice Golem.

Everyone has their right to be the very best. I hope everyone accomplishes that dream.
Old February 17th, 2014 (02:02 PM).
Puddle
Mission Complete✔

Nature: Lax
Regice simply because it's Ice-Type to beat the dragons. I don't particularly like any of them

Old February 18th, 2014 (04:31 AM).
Peitharchia
& having to receive it

In terms of design, it's definitely gotta be Regice. To me, its crystal-like body looks absolutely beautiful. :] Battling-wise, it's probably Registeel. With 150 base defensive stats, it could make a great mixed-wall.
Old February 18th, 2014 (06:12 AM).
Pendraflare
DON'T BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
Yeah, mine is probably Regice as well. It has my favorite cry of the three, and I do like Ice-type Pokémon myself. Not to mention it's the only one i've actually used in any of my RS playthroughs.
Old February 18th, 2014 (06:21 AM).
Talli
Tsunderes forever

Nature: Naughty
I like Registeel the best
Old February 18th, 2014 (02:29 PM).
Blueredemption
Kanto's Castaway

Nature: Careful
I am not thr biggest fan of the regi family, but i suppose regice is my favorite among them. Maybe because its looks shiny?

I will complete the National dex!
603/719
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old February 18th, 2014 (06:22 PM).
Pidgey
Say my name, silverflame, take control
Community Supporter

Design-wise, Regice definitely takes the cake. It just feels like it's the one who had the most thought and effort put into its design, and adding all the little details, the beautiful blue colours and the overall awesome design choice together, it's something that's hard to be. At least between the 3 of them. I feel like all of them are pretty creative though :p

As for which one's actually my favourite, I'd have to go with Regirock. I've never really had that many experiences with the regis, though I've always favored Regirock out the three. I've just generally liked it more in battle, and when it came to capturing the three, Regirock was always the most persistent. Took loads of tries to catch, and it was always really great at taking out my Pokemon. So yeah, while I hate it for taking so lang to capture each time, I definitely still love it for the challenge it posed.
Old February 23rd, 2014 (04:48 AM).
Apollo
誰か

Nature: Hasty
Regice, because...what can I say? It's cool and for some reason it has this "thing" that attaches me to it more than the other golems do. :)
Old February 26th, 2014 (02:29 AM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I dont really care much for the regis, but my favorite out of them would have to be Regice. It has a nice design and theres just something about a huge ice cube being a Pokemon :D

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old February 26th, 2014 (02:36 AM). Edited February 26th, 2014 by ItWasABadDream.
ItWasABadDream
Born in the year 1989

Simplicity wins every time. Regice wins. Keepin it simple since Gen III

Edit:

Here's why Regice wins...
Prior to gen. 3 the only very strong ice and rock types were Articuno and Golem/Rhydon, respectively. Steel type didn't even exist (maybe? correct me here if i'm wrong). Articuno and Golem/Rhydon have obvious weaknesses. I believe Regice was the first and only pure ice-type introduced at the time, making it massively appealing to every gen. 1 player who had it out for Lance and his dragons subsequent to finding out Articuno's ice beam could rape Lance's team. Regice = Revenge on Lance's excessively strong dragon team in gen. 1.

25/m/Erie,PA,USA
Old February 26th, 2014 (04:00 AM).
Golden Warrior
Pokemon Professor

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Golden Warrior
... Well, this is apparently not a popular opinion, but my favorite is Registeel. Mainly because I remember battling it with my friend and both of us marveled at its defense, able to take pretty much anything we could dish out.

But, my own life's history aside, I like it because it's a Steel-type legend. Up to that point, one did not exist and that's pretty cool. Now there's Registeel, Dialga, Heatran, Arceus (if you count that), and Coballion. But back in the days when I got Sapphire, these Pokemon didn't exist and that Pokemon was the only legend that was Steel so far. I guess I could say that about Regirock as well, but I just don't like its design as much. XD

3DS/Pokemon Y FC: 5300 - 9087 - 1138
I'll be up to battle or trade, I'll also always be up to multibattle. PM me if you add me here, give me a reason that you're adding me, and I'll be sure to add you back!

Friend Safari: Bug Type
Pokemon: Paras, Beautifly, and Pinsir.
Old February 26th, 2014 (09:42 AM).
Timbjerr
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I've always loved all three of them and they all make great walls when used at the right time. but Registeel forever and always be the coolest-looking of the three in my opinion. he fact that it's the one with the balanced stats makes it the most usefule competitively as well. :D
Old March 3rd, 2014 (09:42 AM).
Reecho

Nature: Hardy
Regiiisteeeeellll!!! I really liked all of them but Registeel would be my favorite if only for nostalgia's sake. ( poor regirock, he's nobody's favorite...)
Old March 5th, 2014 (07:39 PM).
Jmacc

Registeel first one I caught when I was a kid and the coolest looking one in my opinion
Old March 8th, 2014 (01:59 PM).
pokemasta92
3rd Gen. Enthusiast

Nature: Naughty
I've always liked Registeels design the best, with Regirock second and Regice third. They are all awesome Pokemon don't get me wrong, but I never understood the overall mainstream appeal of Regice. He looks like a tough Pokemon and ice isn't a super common type so it's nice to have more of them, but he also looks like he doesn't have a big range of motion. Like a T-Rex not being able to grab anything because of its little arms. Regirock on the other hand has long rock arms that look like they could be used as perfect clubs. Finally Registeel has a metal body and looks just as tough as the other two, but has more human type hands that can have much more precision. He also looks like he could be very quick on his feet.
I don't use "uber" Pokémon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old March 9th, 2014 (01:41 AM).
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

I voted for Regice too, because it's the coolest and the cutest of the three in my opinion.

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old March 9th, 2014 (04:57 AM).
-Nai-
I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat myself

Regice is my favorite of the three. Its design is so out of place and its cry is so weird, its awesome!
Old March 19th, 2014 (04:49 AM).
Penta Penguin
The biggest underdog in the world

I found Regice to be the easiest to catch of the 3. It's design looks more Crystal-like, clearly the best designed of the 3.

Next project: Pokemon Dark Nebula?

~Youtube~
Old March 19th, 2014 (09:30 PM).
Brendino
Русев путрия. Русев пачка.

Hmm, the Regis have always been my least favorite legendary trio, despite being some of the more fun ones to try and encounter. I always like using Steel type Pokemon when I get the chance, but I've always hated Registeel's design, so my vote goes to Regice. I love its crystalline appearance, and the fact that it's supposed to be made of Antarctic ice from the Ice Age.
Pokémon Poll of the Week #2: 7-Day Forecast

Moderator of Pokémon General
Old March 20th, 2014 (06:58 PM).
Dark Sneasel
I like being a drone.
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
I don't necessarily like the Regi trio, or any legendary trio in particular, because I don't like legendaries, but I really like the ice type, so it's Regice for me. It looks nicer too, but you won't be seeing me using it, or any legendary.

Join Poketch.com, a new ROM hacking community! Click on the image for more!
Old March 21st, 2014 (02:13 AM).
NiirB

Woah i'm supprised to see that so many people like regiice . I actually preffer registeel not only is it a steel type which I find quite cool but it also looks quite badass (except for the toadish hands I guess xd)
Old March 22nd, 2014 (05:51 AM).
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I've never paid a ton of attention to the Regi trio, but my favorite would have to be Regice. I always pick favorites based on design, and it is a pretty cool looking Pokemon even though I'm not a big fan of the general theme that the Regis share.
Old March 22nd, 2014 (07:31 AM).
Fairy Tale~
Child Of Christ
Community Supporter

I love registeel so much which is sad because i only have regice

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links