The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: How Kaizo was this?
Definately Kaizo 5 41.67%
Fairly challenging 3 25.00%
Entertaining 4 33.33%
Remove Flash HM from Rock Tunnel for unremovable flash 5 41.67%
Unfair 2 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 22nd, 2014, 12:19 PM
SinisterHoodedFigure

Links: http://www.mediafire.com/download/c6...D%5B%21%5D.ips

Introduction and Features

Here is a hack of Pokemon Blue, where storywise, Blue Kaizo is faithful to the original pokemon blue. Gameplaywise, it is compared to the original, considerably more challenging, with enemies having better rosters, movepools, as well as more diverse, where you can catch all 151 pokemon throughout the game, with great variety early on.

My inspiration for rom hacking came from Drayano60's Firered Omega hack, which made this possible. Blue Kaizo has been distributed across youtube, with the aforementioned modified changes. However, this one is an official update, with more polished challenges. Pokemon Stadium has been my favorite pokemon game, which has inspired some boss rosters.

But its not just trainers that have been modified; many areas have been changed, such as viridian forest. Movepools have been altered for all 151 pokemon, so you can catch pokemon with new level up movepools.

You can catch wild starters at the left of Viridian City, if you ever wanted a full team of starters.

Fire types like vulpix, growlithe, and ponyta, gets flamethrower around level 16, the same level where charmander evolves into charmeleon.

There are more water types, like krabby, poliwag, psyduck, around the viridian forest. And there are additional grass types oddish and bellsprout, with very useful and unique moves compared to bulbasaur, for diversity. Many of them evolve much earlier than the original, some about the same time as the starters, while others, around level 20.

All of these pokemon are very easy to catch, due to improved catch rates, and pokeballs with lowered prices.

The encounter rate is very high, in many areas, and the levels go at a steady pace, so grinding isn't an issue. Of course, if encountering many pokemon is a problem for you, you can repels as early as pewter city, and they are much cheaper as well.

You can get different evolution stones when you reach Mt. Moon, getting stronger pokemon, not just the starters.

In addition, this new update also has HM05 flash, unlike the original Blue Kaizo, so you don't have to blindly wander the new layout of Rock Tunnel, or cheat for flash.

As mentioned before, pokemon gyms are much tougher. Early on, the gym leaders only use four pokemon, but nearly halfway, you will encounter gym leaders with a full team of six, with five powerful rosters relative to their type theme, and one wildcard to add diversity to the boss fights. Gym trainers are a bit more diverse however, and shouldn't be taken lightly.

Finally, you can catch 151 pokemon, but to actually succeed in this task, you will have to beat the whole game, since there are some pokemon only available late game and post game.

This first gen pokemon hack is more than nuzlockable, so the difficulty isn't extremely high, it is on par with a difficulty hacks such as Firered Omega.

Well, I hope you have fun with Pokemon Blue Kaizo!

http:http://www.mediafire.com/download/c6...D%5B%21%5D.ips

Credits
Miksy91 – For some help with hex editing
IIMarkus – For the amazing Red Disassembly as a resource.
Danny-E 33 – For some help with editing the title screen.
Swampert22- For the amazing swampert tools, which really really helped make things much quicker and more convenient for me to edit.
Stag019 – For help in changing the pokemon obtained by the good rod, and the super rod.
And myself – for spending some time planning, developing, experimenting, and playtesting Pokemon Blue Kaizo

Last edited by SinisterHoodedFigure; April 25th, 2014 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Fixing a small bug, new update
Old March 22nd, 2014, 10:40 PM
mamamama

I've seen this hack a couple of times on youtube. I really like what I saw, if I am to play Generation 1 again, this would most definitely be the game I'd play.

Is this version of the game much easier than the previous and do levels still go all the way up to 100?
Old March 23rd, 2014, 07:18 AM
SinisterHoodedFigure

Leveling up and catching pokemon is made easier, but the bosses after Lt.Surge are much harder than before, especially the elite four, which houses a surprise, which is all I'm going to say.
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 08:02 PM
andrews2

When I encounter the legendary birds they are Dittos. What is happening?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links