• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Tiles Help

sCr45h

The Littleroot Champ
Years
  • Not sure if this is the right thread to ask but here goes: If I make a ROM hack with the base game's original tiles and I finish it, can I later on change the tiles to, for example, HG/SS tiles without having to change more than just the tiles? like, the hack won't be altered at all, just the tiles.

Last edited:

CosmicBlazer

Batman
    Years
  • Not sure if this is the right thread to ask but here goes: If I make a ROM hack with the base game's original tiles and I finish it, can I later on change the tiles to, for example, HG/SS tiles without having to change more than just the tiles? like, the hack won't be altered at all, just the tiles.

Yeah the tiles would be affected. The problem you would occur is that the tiles would get messed up depending on where you put the new tiles. You would have to manually edit them your self.

sCr45h

The Littleroot Champ
    Years
  • Yeah the tiles would be affected. The problem you would occur is that the tiles would get messed up depending on where you put the new tiles. You would have to manually edit them your self.

I know about that. So nothing else gets affected right? Thanks btw!!

Back