• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2015
    Everyone knows you can get shiny pokemon but which pokemon do you think looks best as a shiny or which pokemon looks better as normal, for me the best pokemon that looks better as shiny are
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    I tend to like the blue pokes that turn purple like quagsire, kingdra and others

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2015
    I don't really like Magmar or Magmortar, I mean PINK is not a good color, Magby isn't to bad in the evolution chain
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Personally, I'm rather fond of Charizard's shiny form; it's black in color, and has dark-orange colored fire on its tail, which I feel adds to the touch very well. Its X form does have similar color-palettes, which takes away from the feel a little, but it's still a unique combination nonetheless.

Up next would be Metagross. Its original color-scheme is blue and silver, which is quite nice on its own, but its shiny version is white and golden (which would be its cross), and that, if you ask me, looks even more stunning. Unfortunately, though, I've never been able to get a hold of shiny Metagross (have always wanted to). Due to similar reasons, I'm also a fan of shiny Ninetales.

As for which Pokémon I like better in normal form, they would probably have to be Weavile, Roserade, and Togekiss.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    To me shiny coloration always seemed a bit random. Charmander and Charizard have the same color, but Charmander's shiny form is yellow while Charizard's is black.

I like what they did to Nidoran. Nidoran♂'s shiny has the colors of Nidoran♀ and vice versa.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    I'll admit, I'm not too fond of Charizard's Shiny forme. It's a little... uninspired, if you know what I mean.

But otherwise, my favourite Shiny is Zorua, hands down. Black/brown and blue is my favourite colour combination, and Zorua's Shiny forme matches my love for that colour combination. I also love a Shiny Zorua's red eyes. x)

Other Shiny Pokémon I really like are Fraxure, Sylveon, Flygon and Hawlucha. I especially like Hawlucha's Shiny colours, they remind me of some comic book super-villain. :P

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
    I love shiny Charizard and Rayquaza as well as Furfrou. It's just something about black shinies and me.
    Also... I have to add I love shiny ninetales. Have it on my X/Y cartridge <3 Let's also not forget shiny Mew.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    There's a lot of shiny Pokemon I like, but I like black/red and gold/silver color schemes. Like Ho-Oh; it goes from red and green to gold and silver. It's quite stunning. Groudon goes completely gold, Rayquaza goes black, Dragonite looks like something you'd see in a fairy tale, and Cresselia is gorgeous with a purple body and light blue wings. Milotic is beautiful too, with light blue and gold scales, and Articuno is amazing. But shiny Kyogre... ugh. Why is it magneta?

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I couldn't pick a best shiny.... but there is a few that look really good.

Shinx Evo line: Mainly because it is yellow which makes it look more like Electric/Dark.

Cryogonal: Looks a bit more like melted ice with a haunting red face. Good luck trying to get this one.

Skarmory: It's normal color looks like steel, whereas it's shiny color looks like iron.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    My favorite Shiny Pokemon are basically Dragon-looking Pokemon that are black-colored like Charizard and Rayquaza since lets be real, they pretty look badass.

Other shiny Pokemon I love is the Oddish line. They kinda show off their grass type colors and when it evolves into a Bellossom, its purple and pink coloration looks awesome like a pretty flower <3 shame it isn't part fairy :(

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    I don't like most shiny pokemon but I do like some shiny dragon Pokemon.

Black-Tigress

Exclusive Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2017
    Shiny Furret is the cutest, in my opinion. It's pink! I love pink.

Shiny Pokemon

Shiny or not, Furret will always be the cutest pokemon to me.. <3
    If I ever had the actual chances of getting a shiny one, his/her nickname will definitely be "Lil' Berry"..

I have so many favorite shinies...
    Steelix is my #1 favorite shiny..
    Nidoking's is pretty awesome..
    Metagross's is fancy looking..
    I always liked shiny Dragonite..although I thought it was black at first, not dark green..
    Shiny Skeptile is awesome..
    I also like shiny Linoone..
    Shiny electrike is awesome..
    Ugh..I got so many!

But definitely the worst ones are the ones that are Barely noticable *coughGARCHOMP*..I'm glad they changed it when he mega evolves though..Perhaps they knew something, lol..
    Even my favorite pokemon's (Kangaskhan) shiny isn't great..ugggh..They could've made her purple like the baby, and the baby brown..

But technically, if you have a shiny Kangaskhan, you'll have two shinies in one.. :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Shiny Furret is the cutest thing ever. But also shiny Sneasel and Weavile. Pink with yellow feathers!

I don't like the shinies that are only a slightly different shade of their normal counterparts, like Bulbasaur and Charmander. Squirtle at least has a green shell iirc :)

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I love shinies that don't look like a weird recolour. Those black dragons looks natural, and every steel type that gets turned gold is amazing too. My favourite is psyduck, because he is my first and only shiny. I hate the Golduck shiny however.

Ganelon

The British Jedi
    Years
    The only two shinies I've ever found legit are the two best ones I could have hoped for.

Growlithe and Vulpix.

I caught them in separate games, four years apart, but Arcanine and Ninetales are two of my favourite Pokemon, a pair no less, and I have them both shiny- one gold and one silver.

They're the best.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
    Blue shinies would have to be my favorite. example: Miltank, Mew (2 favorite pokemon period as a matter of fact) Voltorb, Suicune, I love them.

Back