• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sizes

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    So, has anyone actually notice the sizes of Pokemon in the Pokedex? I mean, seriously, like WOW, they are so off from what we thought!

For example, we have Furret, most of us think it's a pretty small Pokemon, and we imagine it curling in our necks, like a scarf. Unfortunately, Furret is pretty big. So big that you can ride her on it's back, and not wear her as a scarf. Another one is Charizard. Most of us think he is pretty huge. Not really, almost the same size as the player. And don't get me started with Roselia. You think she is just under the player's knees? WRONG. She's as small as what you think Joltik is.

Also, it seems very consistent throughout all versions of the Dex. If you want to look at the comparisons, there's a function for the Pokedex that rolls over all of the Pokemon you seen in ORAS.

So what do you think about this? Does this boggle your mind? What Pokemon do you think was the size you pictured but turned out to be way off? Discuss!

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I prefer Pokemon to be Bigger !
    Hack , I wish Ash to catch such a big Pokmon that can carry Ash on its head So I can imagine an episode Where Ash , Brock and Misty meet again and surround Team Rocket with their giant Pokemon.
    Imagine this scene with Ash , Brock and Misty
    Pokemon Sizes

Unfortunately , There are hardly any Non-Legendary Pokemon as Big as Brock steelix and Misty's Gyarados for Ash to catch.

Also , There hardly any good non-Legendary Ridable Pokemon like Arcanine or Rapidash ! Most of them are too small .
    Gogoat & Rhyhorn are not as cool as Arcanine or Rapidash.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Furret is long, not tall :3 it's like one long furry tail.

Pokemon Sizes

Mostly I'm surprised sometimes at how small some pokemon are that you thought were big, such as Typhlosion for instance.

Salzorrah

Years
    Furret is long, not tall :3 it's like one long furry tail.

Pokemon Sizes

Mostly I'm surprised sometimes at how small some pokemon are that you thought were big, such as Typhlosion for instance.

B-but I said Furret was big, not tall :[

I don't really know, it seems that the anime sizes are inconsistent with the game sizes, hard to tell which is more canon. :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Games should come before anime, I think. For example, Arcanine has been shown with different sizes there.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Games should come before anime, I think. For example, Arcanine has been shown with different sizes there.

The Game show a Pokemon's Base height While in Anime Pokemon can have different size like an actual Animal.
    For example , Ash's Charizard was smaller then Liza's Charla and all other charizard in Charisific Valley .
    But later he seem to reach Charla's size .
    In BW series , Ash's Charizard seem almost as tall as Iris's Dragonite .
    Which mean Ash's charizard should be near 7'03' tall .

Pokemon Sizes

Years
    I first pictured that Infernape would be about slightly taller than an average trainer, or at around the usual size of other fully-evolved starters, but damn it's shorter than I actually pictured, coming in at 3'11" tall as the shortest fully-evolved starter.

I also thought Floette would be at least significantly bigger than Flabébé but it's actually only just a teensy bit bigger, which really did shock me. It's the same case with Budew and Roselia, I thought Roselia would have come up to a trainer's waist but nope, it's teeny!

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
    At 5'11'', Mega Salamence makes up for what it lacks in size by hovering on top of the upper border of one's 3DS screen.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    There's a product they make called Pokémon Zukan Figures (I guess "Pokedex Figures", really, but the fandom just calls them zukan) and they're all 1/40th scale figures. So if you collect a bunch of them, you can compare every Pokémon's size to one another. (And going a bit further, I own a few Pichu zukan and also own some 1/1 size ratio Pichu plushies, so it's kind of cool to be able to easily figure out how big other Pokémon would be by comparing them.)

Anyway, what I'm getting at is these figures are the coolest but also really scary because it means you suddenly realize just how freaking BIG some Pokémon are when you realize how ginormous their figures are compared to Pichu, who is already a foot tall.

Ledyba, for example? A cute little ladybug Pokémon, right? NO IT'S ACTUALLY MASSIVE AND TERRIFYING.
    Spoiler: Kinda large images :x
    So here's the zukan figures. I put the Ledyba line right next to the Pichu line. (Sorry for all the dust and the terrible quality photo, orz.) Ledyba is just ridiculously huge!!
    Pokemon Sizes

And for reference, here's a picture of my 1/1 Pichu, with my original 3DS next to it to judge the size. Pichu itself isn't small, so when you consider how it's like... the size of one of Ledyba's eyes?!? It blows my mind.
    Pokemon Sizes

Years
    Yeah, there are some Pokémon that the game displays as being only a few feet tall or something. You'd think Excadrill would be taller for the fact that it has such high Attack and HP, along with its typing, no?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I suppose they have Pokémon displayed in a static size (regardless if they're big or small) is so perhaps we could gain better view of them? I've definitely been tricked by this a few times before, I'll admit, but I don't believe I've ever been bothered by such a thing, really.

One Pokémon I had thought to be sort of big (but has actually turned out to be much, much more small than expected) is Bellossom. At the very least, when I'd first met this Pokémon in-game, I assumed it to be at least as big as Vileplume, considering they're both an evolution of Gloom, and was surprised to see how it actually is while watching an anime episode one day.

In similar fashion, I've also thought Scizor to be more of a big Pokémon, but unfortunately, it's not.

Salzorrah

Years
    One Pokémon I had thought to be sort of big (but has actually turned out to be much, much more small than expected) is Bellossom.

I've known Bellossom to be small, really, since it's cute for its stature to be as big as Vileplume. There are more Pokemon that just makes me shudder and think really differently on the world of Pokemon, like Roselia and Ledyba.

But srsly. Dat Ledyba doe D: Who would have thought?

/me shudders

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Most surprising would be Noctowl's size !
    Noctowl's height is 5'11 Which make it bigger then Pidgeot.
    Ash's Notowl is only slightly shorter then other Noctowl so it should be as tall as Pidgeot.
    But every Noctowl in the Anime Series are short ! They doesn't seem to be taller then Swallow .

Years
    I've known Bellossom to be small, really, since it's cute for its stature to be as big as Vileplume. There are more Pokemon that just makes me shudder and think really differently on the world of Pokemon, like Roselia and Ledyba.

But srsly. Dat Ledyba doe D: Who would have thought?

/me shudders

Just wait until you see the sizes of Dustox, Beautifly, Venomoth, Butterfree, Vivillon and the like. They are like so much bigger than a real-life butterfly or moth. And don't get me started on Volcarona either.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Oh By the Way , The Pokedex compare Pokemon size with the size of 10 year old Kid .

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Oh By the Way , The Pokedex compare Pokemon size with the size of 10 year old Kid .

Don't they have just straight up stats about length in feet?

Years
    Theres one thing I don't really get. I'm play EU copys of the games so why aren't the sizes in metric? I see all the sizes in feet and inches and honestly I can't picture any of it.

Back