• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Conspiracy theories you give merit

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    According to a quick little Google search, a conspiracy theory is defined as 'a belief that some covert but influential organization is responsible for a circumstance or event.' Another definition as provided by the Wikipedia page on the subject is 'A conspiracy theory is an explanatory proposition that accuses two or more persons, a group, or an organization of having caused or covered up, through secret planning and deliberate action, an illegal or harmful event or situation.'
    For the purposes of this topic, either statement can be expanded upon to suit discussion over cryptids and other theories you may buy into. The only topic I do not want to see mentioned in here is 9/11 as I feel like it would monopolise the discussion. Plus, I can see it going into disrespectful territory from the get go.

I'm sure there's at least one theory about the sinister cabals in the world that you believe in. But why? Can you make a post in this thread that could convince others to see things your way?
    I would appreciate relatively thought out answers in this thread, thank you.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I think the education system is used to enslave people by taking away their ability to critical think. In childhood and adolescence you have a learning window that would often be filled with teachings on critical thinking, but what schools in the US are doing instead is supplying a blind obedience that looks like critical thinking to the unwary eye.

My experience is from being a schoolchild and also from being a child whose every issue with numerous schools have revolved around mine and my parent's refusal to do absurd things for the school simply because they say so. I really hope my children won't have to go through public education.

BriCKson

Rarely comes out of Trade Corner... O.o
    Years
  • I think the education system is used to enslave people by taking away their ability to critical think. In childhood and adolescence you have a learning window that would often be filled with teachings on critical thinking, but what schools in the US are doing instead is supplying a blind obedience that looks like critical thinking to the unwary eye.

My experience is from being a schoolchild and also from being a child whose every issue with numerous schools have revolved around mine and my parent's refusal to do absurd things for the school simply because they say so. I really hope my children won't have to go through public education.

I would agree with this. I am a history major and see that the US school systems pick apart history to favor obedience/pro US propaganda. In a lot of places history is completely removed from education or is an elective, which is disgusting. If you take away a persons culture and implement the culture you want them to have they will never truly know who they are or the lessons that were learned from our past.

Murmansk

Weebus Maximus
    Years
  • Sadly, Inyotef, that's not really much of a conspiracy.

Just look here at the role of education being described by the famous educator Alexander Inglis in his 1918 book, "The Principles of Secondary Education"
    6 basic functions of school as described by renown educator John Taylor Gatto
    1) The adjustive or adaptive function.
    Schools are to establish fixed habits of reaction to authority. This, of course, precludes critical judgment completely. It also pretty much destroys the idea that useful or interesting material should be taught, because you can't test for reflexive obedience until you know whether you can make kids learn, and do, foolish and boring things.

2) The integrating function.
    This might well be called "the conformity function," because its intention is to make children as alike as possible. People who conform are predictable, and this is of great use to those who wish to harness and manipulate a large labor force.

3) The diagnostic and directive function.
    School is meant to determine each student's proper social role. This is done by logging evidence mathematically and anecdotally on cumulative records. As in "your permanent record." Yes, you do have one.

4) The differentiating function.
    Once their social role has been "diagnosed," children are to be sorted by role and trained only so far as their destination in the social machine merits - and not one step further. So much for making kids their personal best.

5) The selective function.
    This refers not to human choice at all but to Darwin's theory of natural selection as applied to what he called "the favored races." In short, the idea is to help things along by consciously attempting to improve the breeding stock. Schools are meant to tag the unfit - with poor grades, remedial placement, and other punishments - clearly enough that their peers will accept them as inferior and effectively bar them from the reproductive sweepstakes. That's what all those little humiliations from first grade onward were intended to do: wash the dirt down the drain.

6) The propaedeutic function.
    The societal system implied by these rules will require an elite group of caretakers. To that end, a small fraction of the kids will quietly be taught how to manage this continuing project, how to watch over and control a population deliberately dumbed down and declawed in order that government might proceed unchallenged and corporations might never want for obedient labor.

If you want the direct quotes from the book, you can find them in this direct copy and paste. They run from page 375 to roughly 387 if I recall correctly. (The PDF loads slow so please forgive me for any errors in that regard.)
    Spoiler:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • No longer a theory, but verified: Project MKUltra

CIA mind control testing where they would kidnap random citizens and experiment on them in various ways testing biological, chemical, and psychological effects on people. These tests included blistering agents, memory loss drugs, psychedelics, paralyzing agents, and plenty more. It's rumored they tested on children as well.

The Unibomber, Ted Kaczynski, was subjected to extreme stress tests under this project. So if the first part wasn't conspiratorial enough, there's that.

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Sadly, Inyotef, that's not really much of a conspiracy.

Just look here at the role of education being described by the famous educator Alexander Inglis in his 1918 book, "The Principles of Secondary Education"
    6 basic functions of school as described by renown educator John Taylor Gatto
    1) The adjustive or adaptive function.
    Schools are to establish fixed habits of reaction to authority. This, of course, precludes critical judgment completely. It also pretty much destroys the idea that useful or interesting material should be taught, because you can't test for reflexive obedience until you know whether you can make kids learn, and do, foolish and boring things.

2) The integrating function.
    This might well be called "the conformity function," because its intention is to make children as alike as possible. People who conform are predictable, and this is of great use to those who wish to harness and manipulate a large labor force.

3) The diagnostic and directive function.
    School is meant to determine each student's proper social role. This is done by logging evidence mathematically and anecdotally on cumulative records. As in "your permanent record." Yes, you do have one.

4) The differentiating function.
    Once their social role has been "diagnosed," children are to be sorted by role and trained only so far as their destination in the social machine merits - and not one step further. So much for making kids their personal best.

5) The selective function.
    This refers not to human choice at all but to Darwin's theory of natural selection as applied to what he called "the favored races." In short, the idea is to help things along by consciously attempting to improve the breeding stock. Schools are meant to tag the unfit - with poor grades, remedial placement, and other punishments - clearly enough that their peers will accept them as inferior and effectively bar them from the reproductive sweepstakes. That's what all those little humiliations from first grade onward were intended to do: wash the dirt down the drain.

6) The propaedeutic function.
    The societal system implied by these rules will require an elite group of caretakers. To that end, a small fraction of the kids will quietly be taught how to manage this continuing project, how to watch over and control a population deliberately dumbed down and declawed in order that government might proceed unchallenged and corporations might never want for obedient labor.

If you want the direct quotes from the book, you can find them in this direct copy and paste. They run from page 375 to roughly 387 if I recall correctly. (The PDF loads slow so please forgive me for any errors in that regard.)
    Spoiler:
    To be honest, if that's education, then I'm with Pink Floyd in torching it.

Also @Klippy I heard that lol
    People don't know what they have, until it's gone... or not. They still think they have it. Their rights, right? Where did they disappear to?

For both of these things, we don't need no thought control. Be it education or torture, whatever. People are fucking evil.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I would agree with this. I am a history major and see that the US school systems pick apart history to favor obedience/pro US propaganda.

Why did they leave in the part where we (allegedly) slaughtered all the native Americans?

I mean, that kinda framed us in a really bad light yo.

Albeit, one of the first things my college taught me was that there is a significant amount of evidence to suggest English settlers were never involved in any 'slaughter' during the settling of America. So y'know. There's that. One of the things I can't fathom for the life of me is why our colleges are teaching us to unlearn the things our elementary/middle/high schools taught us.

There's probably a conspiracy theory to be found there, but I'm certainly not aware of it. >>

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I'm sure at least a few popular conspiracy theories are true, but if you asked me about any individual one, I would react with skepticism. I think most real conspiracies aren't popular, probably because they're a lot more banal.

I think the education system is used to enslave people by taking away their ability to critical think. In childhood and adolescence you have a learning window that would often be filled with teachings on critical thinking, but what schools in the US are doing instead is supplying a blind obedience that looks like critical thinking to the unwary eye.

I think that varies strongly by school. The schools that I went to emphasized critical thought. My high school even had something of a philosophy class, though it wasn't really called that.

Years
  • Why did they leave in the part where we (allegedly) slaughtered all the native Americans?

I mean, that kinda framed us in a really bad light yo.

Albeit, one of the first things my college taught me was that there is a significant amount of evidence to suggest English settlers were never involved in any 'slaughter' during the settling of America. So y'know. There's that. One of the things I can't fathom for the life of me is why our colleges are teaching us to unlearn the things our elementary/middle/high schools taught us.

There's probably a conspiracy theory to be found there, but I'm certainly not aware of it. >>

Weeeeeeellllll we did massacre native populations intermittently beginning in the colonial period, but more noticeably, up to the conclusion of the Indian Wars in 1880's:

Trail of Tears
    Wounded Knee
    Bear River Massacre
    Sand Creek Massacre

And colleges sometimes have us unlearn things from our elementary school days because most of what you learn in grade school is utter bullshit, like Christopher Columbus being a nice guy, etc. You don't get the specialization, factual accuracy, and depth on a topic (Say, Native American history) unless you take an upper level college course or two on it.

And even still, while the history books might mention the Wounded Knee Massacre and it's significance, it probably won't be too negative towards the U.S. How many history books covering Wounded Knee go into detail about how women and children were shot and mowed down in droves? Avoiding hard truths like that means that the whole truth isn't being told.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    I don't think those examples are even real. They seem fictional, to be honest. These guys didn't even have oil.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • I don't think those examples are even real. They seem fictional, to be honest. These guys didn't even have oil.

Who and what are you referring this to?

Not sure if it's a conspiracy theory of some sort or something irrelevant, but I feel it could be up for discussion. UN soldiers that are training for combat on American soil across 8 or so states. We all know how desperately Obama wants to disarm the country of firearms, so my belief is they are here to do door to door search and seizures eventually, as its known to be one of their training tactics. Why else would they be here with a problem as major as isis and our president being Muslim and doing anything even if it's corrupt to get his way? He's not black, we need to get that delusion out of our heads. He's Arab not African American, and his father is Arab. Obama has said on numerous occasions that he hates America. So If anyone has an explanation as to why they are here then state it. If you think they're here for protection then drop the bullshit.

Last edited:

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Why else would they be here with a problem as major as isis and our president being Muslim and doing anything even if it's corrupt to get his way? He's not black, we need to get that delusion out of our heads. He's Arab not African American, and his father is Arab. Obama has said on numerous occasions that he hates America. So If anyone has an explanation as to why they are here then state it. If you think they're here for protection then drop the bullshit.

Honey, Obama is black. His father was black. His grandfather was black. His entire family on his father's side is black. He is a Christian. Even if he was Muslim, his administration is so decidedly anti-Muslim that his personal faith would be negligible. I could go on, but I feel like you were one of the people who supported Donald Trump's persistent request for Obama's birth certificate.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Generally speaking; I don't really pay much mind to conspiracy theories. Normally by the time a certain position has reached the position of "Conspiracy" I've already researched into it enough to thoroughly debunk any any "conspiracy". Most conspiracy theories generally hinge on rather loose definitions of evidence and said evidence is normally pretty circumstantial and thin.

In any case though; if someone can provide solid evidence I might believe it. Might. I am usually skeptical of anything remotely sounding like a conspiracy most of the time, and I judge broad and wild claims very harshly; especially if the evidence does not meet my standard of trustworthiness or reliability. A lot of times politicians like to use conspiracies as scare tactics to drive voters into voting for them; or to call people to action. While this is perfectly fine and dandy when there's a legitimate threat to be concerned about, there is usually not any more "evil" or "corruption" than is normal for political offices.

Back