• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Small Writing Competition

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Another GT, another SWC!

Need another judge (few lined up/being asked), need a prompt (Olympics theme - could be just 'Olympics', or maybe something related e.g. medals), and a third place emblem.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • Oh, Nolafus will be judging again? I'm cool with that!

As for prompt, maybe competition? Although I think we already did that before...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yeah, he confirmed he's up for it in VM today. =) Astinus sadly has too much other stuff going on. Three judges as usual should be fine imo!

I think we may have done competition as well, but I'm not sure. Really should go back and compile a record of used prompts actually!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Here's the list of all of the prompts used recently (so a year or two):
    Tradition
    Christmas
    Family
    Loneliness

I could have sworn we did one for the get together last year, but I can't find it for the life of me. I believe the prompt was rivals.

Bay

Years
  • Oh yeah, I do remember rivals was used at one point. Is rivals and competition a bit too similar? If so, we can always try another prompt.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • It might be a little too close, but if we can't think of any other prompt, then it's a good backup.

So are we fitting a specific theme? It looks like "Olympics" is our theme right now, correct?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I think it's a safe option and it does fit the GT theme pretty well, haha.

Any thoughts on what the cutoff-date/time should be for entries? 5 days may be enough imo, and we can still extend it by another day or two if we really need more entries.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Yeah, that sounds good to me. Five days, or a week if people really need more time.

Or if we don't want to use "Olympics" as our prompt, we could use "team" or "teamwork". Just a thought.

Bay

Years
  • I think I prefer "team/teamwork" over "olympics", but I'm fine either way. And I'm also cool with five days and then an extension if needed.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I prefer that too, actually - it allows for more variety in entries I feel than Olympics does. Check and Klippy agress that it is close enough to the Olympic theme as well, so let's go with that!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • The thread is posted in the main section!

Kinda on a limited internet until we maybe get access to a conference one - not terribly limited, but I'm sharing it with my roommate and it's limited enough to make me want to avoid looking at the emblem page with its million emblems that'll eat data. =( Maybe even tonight that will be no longer the case, but do we have a already-made participant emblem for SWCs we want to use? (Unless either of you want to make a new one, or even set rather than reuse the 1st/2nd/3rd we already have).

Bay

Years
  • I don't think we have a participant emblem ready yet. Is it fine we can still use the same background like the 1st/2nd/3rd one but perhaps a different pen?

Back