• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokken Tournament - Console release

Will you be buying the game for the Wii U?

• Yes!

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • No.

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • The world championships started today, and they began with an announcement that Pokken Tournament will be coming to the Wii U Spring 2016 (autumn for southern hemisphere folk).

Serebii:
    During the Pokémon World Championships Opening Ceremony, it was revealed that the arcade game, Pokkén Tournament, is to make it to the west with a special Wii U version of the game. It will release worldwide Spring 2016 and now also has Pikachu Libre added to the roster.

Trailer:

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    The PikaLibre looks adorable! If anything makes me get a WiiU in the future, it may be this...

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'll see you all online

B0Va2MU.gif

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Some info

There's gonna be an invitational tournament featuring notable FGC tournament players from Street Fighter, Smash Bros and Tekken. Starts at 1:30 PM here:
    http://www.twitch.tv/pokemon
    The players:
    CM75PADWIAAtoNB.jpg:large

Some tweets from FGC players who played it
    @JWonggg: Pokken Tournament Mechanics - 2 types of battle. Free roam(Naruto style) close range(SF) you will always rotate on those 2 back and forth

@JWonggg: There is also X Factor when your life is red where you do more damage and a RPS system which deals with normals, throws and a parry

@JWonggg: Also during the 2 phases, your Pokemon will have different moveset to compliment each battle phase. Throws will reset phase

@JWonggg: Supers - you must build meter to get into super form which enhances your Pokemon and give you access to animation super.

@JWonggg: Assist - You have to wait for your assist to build before using it. Time will refill assist gauge.

@HugS86: Pokken Tournament is pretty sick btw everyone.

And no one is making me say that.

I can see it having a legit competitive scene

@MarkMan23: BTW, in my playtime with POKKEN TOURNAMENT I think it'll be obvious that fighting game fans will feel right at home. :D

@MarkMan23: Blaziken is so anime. He has air dash, air dash combos, no height restriction on his air dash, BUFF combo ability. #PokkenTournament

@MarkMan23: Pikachu can do full focus stun > EWGF launch > hunting hawk > hellsweeps into TGF > wall stun > BURST SUPER! #PokkenTournament

Years
  • Aw man, this game may actually influence me more to want to get a Wii U! :x Although I dunno, I'd probably be very late to the trend if I got one.

The graphics and gameplay do look freakin amazing though.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Worldwide Spring 2016! I'll be getting this since I already own a Wii U. It's great to see it not being restricted to just arcade consoles, this has the potential to be a great game for the Wii U.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • Dear Nintendo,
    Hi. How are you feeling today? I just wish to inform you, that you again have stolen my wallet.

Sincerely,
    A fan named CureYoshi.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I've seen people on youtube and other forums speculating this coming out for the NX, and boy am I glad they were so wrong (I always knew it'll come to the Wii U). XD

Is Pikachu Libre going to be an alt for Pikachu, or will it have its own separate slot?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Say , How many attack does a Pokemon can use in Pokken Tournament ???
    Also , Is there anyway to get a list of all Burst attack ?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I get to play Tekken with Mega Gardevoir. My life is wonderful already. <3

Plus the game looks amazing, and I can't wait to see what other Pokemon may come along during its existence.

Also where does it say anything about them not type repeating on Pokemon???
    Because Hawlucha would be awesome for this game, and both Machamp and Lucario are Fighting types.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Also where does it say anything about them not type repeating on Pokemon???
    Because Hawlucha would be awesome for this game, and both Machamp and Lucario are Fighting types.

Lucario actually covers Steel types, leaving only Machamp to cover Fighting types, which is why I hope for Abomasnow to be added, if Weavile is there to cover Dark types, as well as Jigglypuff to cover Normal types.

Here's the list of types that have been covered for Pokken:

Fire - Blaziken
    Water - Suicune
    Electric - Pikachu
    Ice (or Dark) - Weavile
    Flying - Charizard
    Fighting - Machamp
    Steel - Lucario
    Psychic (or Fairy) - Gardevoir
    Ghost (or Poison) - Gengar

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Woot! This looks great! I'll definitely get this once I finally get a Wii U! I've been saying I'll get one for the past like, year, but I'll definitely be getting one for this ^^

Back