• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My little introduction

Wobmiar

Player/Tester/Speedrunner/Writer
Years
Hi everyone, I'm a french girl (forgive my way not perfect english) from Quebec and I like Pokemon ^^ I'm not actually new on this forum, I'm always checking for new hacks, emulation informations and fangames like the ones using Pokemon Essentials. I'm placing a post here because I decided to actively post things ;)

I'm a player, a tester, a speedrunner and a writer. That means:

- I play games. Many games. Many Pokemon games. You get the point :P
- I test games. I have some videogame experience in that, I did games myself and I love to tell advices, searching the bugs and glitches, correcting problems, etc.
- I speedrun games. I use my personnal skills to optimise them. I have some experience in short games, some big too, and I'm an amateur of any kind of speedrun, from close to any games. I'm better with IGT, but I do TAS and RTA too. From now, I plan to speedrun pokemon games from this forum.
- I write...games x) I write stories, scenarios, I'm a good critic and, most of the time, each new experience is like a trial for me.

If you want to use me (I love that sentence), if you are doing a game or already did one, you can contact me from there, under this post, or in private messages. I'm really open to help anybody for almost everything, not just games :)

Have a good pokeday,
Wobmiar Elbuod

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Are there any particular Pokémon hacks that stand out to you, of all that you've played so far?

I've gone through a lot in the past, personally, and I'd have to say that one of my most favorites is Ruby Destiny series. Ruby Destiny games--including Reign of Legends, Life of Guardians, and so forth--although they do lack in graphics compared to other hacks, I believe their stories to be well put-together. To me, storyline is what's most important.

It's nice meeting you, Wobmiar! Welcome to PC, and please do stick around. I hope we'll run into each other again soon!

Wobmiar

Years
My favorite hack (generation 3) is Pokemon Glazed, for the moment. My favorite fangame (not hack) would be Pokemon Gray Topaz, and I'm speedrunning this one right now.

I played one of the Ruby Destiny, unfortunately, and ironnicaly, I'm not onto series, I prefer standalone games (wich they are, but in a serie). They seems good, but I have other preferences ;)

Graphics is what makes me stay in a game. Story makes me enjoy it ^^

Thank you for this welcome <3

Last edited:

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 3, 2018
When I saw the title I first though you are a my little pony fan :D

anyways, welcome to PC!
I like Glazed too, it's one of the very fine made hacks after all.
But light platinum is my #1 fave, heard that they are planning
a DS release, hope it arrives.

I used to create hacks myself, but I'm missing scripting and hex
skills, so the hacks would never be that good.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
Hello Wobmiar!! Welcome to the PC!

Wow you really love games ;) Hey I like ROM Hacks too >.< Glazed is good, but not my favourite I think! A Pokémon Fan Game that I looove is Pokémon Ethereal Gates (Just has a Demo with 2 gym leaders). OMG that game is so beautiful, the menus are so clean and the graphics are awesome (still are some bugs)!

I hope you stick around here ^^ If you ever want to talk with me , just send me a message u.u
See you around~

Years
You sure are passionate about games. That's pretty darn awesome I'll admit, I've friends who would love to be able to do those things so I'm sure they envy you, heh. Welcome to PC, Wobmiar! :D

Glazed does seem really popular. Honestly the last time I've played a hack properly was yeaaars ago so I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of the more recent good fangames. It's been on my to-try list for a while so hope I'll get around to it eventually.

But even more than that, I hope you'll have a good time here on PC. We'd most definitely love to have you!

Wobmiar

Years
Thank you everyone, I appreciate your greetings.

I remember playing Light Platinum a long time ago, I might retry. I'll give Etheral Gates a look too :)

Back