• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Shipping Drabbles

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    Title: A Bit of A Problem

Summary: When Serena's dance partner ends up being Clemont instead of Ash, the first few minutes of the party end up being a little rough. But when she realizes how good a dancer Clemont really is, she realizes she may have a bit of a problem. (Anime XYZ Ep-12)

Rating: K.

Pairings: Geekchicshipping, Amourshipping, one-sided Poffleshipping.

++++++++

"Clemont, you're doing fine." Serena lead Clemont around the dance floor. She let him relax, his shoulders loosening up and her smile increasing as the blonde lowered his hands towards her hips. "See?" Though she wanted Ash initially, this wasn't so bad.

And plus, he wasn't that great at dancing. But…

"Ouch! Ash!" Miette and Ash's heads bonked together. What seemed like it could almost be a kiss, Serena tensed up at the moment, but sighed as they parted. "You really are a bad dancer, aren't you?" Miette laughed, and so did Ash after muttering several humble apologies.

Clemont finally had his firm grip on Serena's waistline and he was more confident now. Eevee and Bunnelby were 'dancing' and having a good time, and as Clemont spun the Idol around, then caught her, she couldn't help but notice how much he really shone tonight. "Wow, you're really good at dancing, Clemont!" Serena had her hands on Clemont's hips, she swayed to the beat of the music. "Confident much?"

The Gym Leader flushed crimson scarlet, he began stuttering. Serena laughed. "Just joking. You're doing fine." They came closer together, then Serena pushed Clemont apart as the tempo grew faster. Their hands clasped together, and once again she felt like she was on air. "Thanks for this," She smiled. Now, she didn't feel so down.

"Ah – I – I had a few dance lessons when my mother was alive." He managed a smile, a flush appeared but not as bright. "She was ill, but she wanted to teach one of us. Bonnie was too young," He chewed on his lip, twirling Serena yet again, then pulling her in his eyes glistening through his glasses. Serena's mouth was parted with wonder as the technician recalled the tale. "But before she passed I managed to take a few lessons, and pass them on to Bonnie."

He was crying. Serena frowned. "Are you alright?" They paused for a moment, Clemont took off his glasses and wiped them with the cloth that was tucked in his shirt. He nodded. "I think it's really great you took that up just to teach Bonnie," Serena smiled, her hand gripping Clemont's arm as they walked over to the buffet table. She wasn't even thinking right now but she was leaning on him.

"You even captured Dedenne just for her, you're such a great brother to her."

Bonnie was over by Eevee and Bunnelby who had taken a break from dancing as well. She was feeding them Pokepuffs she had gotten from the buffet table. Not only that but she was excitedly chatting about the night's events to Dedenne and Squishy. If Bonnie and Clemont didn't have each other… No. They needed each other. It was a bond that just couldn't be broken.

"Thank you, Serena." Clemont was holding a plate of food, watching over the other dancers. He noticed how poorly Ash was dancing along with Miette. He and Serena laughed as the two nearly tripped over each other again, and how Miette's Slurpuff was tossing Pikachu around like a ragdoll, the poor thing. "Maybe I should offer Ash dance lessons."

Serena hummed, finishing her plate of food. "Maybe you should. Though I kind of expected this." She giggled, then as the free-for-all ended Ash and Miette made their ways over to the buffet table, tired and rubbing their necks from falling so much.

The night ended and everyone was amazed at Eevee's new evolution, Serena and Ash celebrated with a nice meal together outside the balcony of the Pokémon Center. Cooked especially by Clemont, Serena gazed into Ash's amber eyes as he went on and on about how well they did and how he's going to be even more awesome in his upcoming gym battle.

Then, her mind raced back to Clemont and how they danced that night. How humble and gentle he was with her when he twirled her around, how sad he was when he talked about his mother, and how honest he seemed when he thought he messed up or made her unhappy. Serena's gaze then moved down to her soup, suddenly not thinking about the battle or Ash talking anymore.

She realized… She might have a problem.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    Title: Unexpected.

Summary: After the party, Clemont gives Ash dance lessons. It all ends up to being really awkward, Ash is a guy... Clemont is a guy... Plus with Ash being clumsy and being a really bad dancer as is, something is obviously bound to go wrong. (Tie-in/Sequel to A Bit of A Problem)

Shipping: Diodeshipping (one-sided)

Warnings: Shounen-Ai.
    +++++++

"Ash you're doing fine." Clemont laughed. Ash looking down at his feet, one step. Two. "Just relax and steady yourself." The blonde ushered the raven into a steady, slow motion as they swayed to the beat of the music. The girls cheered them on, wishing them good luck.

"I'm not used to this," He mumbled. Clemont was a guy. Though Serena said how much of a great dancer he was at the party, and how much Ash sucked, and he needed lessons for the upcoming Master Class's Party. "And uh – "

"I'm a guy, I know." Clemont sighed, nodding his head. But that frown quickly turned into a smile, regardless. "We're friends, Ash. Serena just wants to become better at dancing…" He winked, then the time came when the music spend up and they would soon part from each other. Ash tripped though, and fell into Clemont.

The girls gasped, what happened next was totally unintentional, and a total accident. "Clemont – I –mmmph!" Their lips met, Ash's arms dangling around Clemont's waist lazily, and it was sort of a sloppy kiss too. His first kiss, and probably Clemont's as well.

With his best friend.

"Clemont – I – " Ash muttered, trying not to look over at Serena or Bonnie, trying to pay attention at the music that was still ongoing. He didn't even look at Clemont, he just looked down to the floor. "I'm so sorry." He was blushing, and now he was chewing his lip. And now – he was running.

This wasn't supposed to happen.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    Summary: Ash and Clemont talk about the 'accident'. (Sequel to Unexpected.)

Shipping: Diodeshipping (Onesided)

Warnings: Shounen-Ai
    +++++++++++++

"Clemont, I'm sorry." Were the first words that came from Ash as the two sat in the bedroom together, awkwardly side by side. No Pikachu, no Bunnelby. Just the two of them. "I didn't know-"

"Ash it's okay." Clemont pushed his glasses to his face, sighing. "It was an accident. Accidents happen." Still though, it was their first kiss. They shouldn't feel a little… Angry about this? Ash didn't understand why Clemont was so accepting of this. But, he was his best friend. One of, and he had to let it go.

The Pokémon Trainer sighed, eyes still gazing at the floor. "I – I – I really am a bad dancer, aren't I?"

Clemont laughed, clutching his stomach. Ash blushed. "Yeah, Ketchum. You are. Serena and I saw you dancing with Miette and we felt sorry for you two," Ash snorted. "My mother taught me how to dance."

Their eyes met, slightly sad, but slightly understanding. Ash was without a father, and Clemont was without a mother. Ash's father left to journey around the world and become a Pokémon Master, but he hasn't seen him since he was a baby. Clemont's mother died when he was young, so that emptiness of maternal compassion was still there.

"I don't have a dad, well I do. But I haven't seen him since I was a baby," Ash let out, stretching his arms. "I dunno if he's out there or not, but I'm going to become a better Pokémon Master than him." Aqua eyes gazed over to the trainer. Clemont remembered his promise to follow Ash just up until the league, and yet there was a panging feeling in his gut thinking how he wished he could still be there with him forever.

"Hey, wanna go grab some food? I'm starving!"

Clemont smiled and got up out of his seat, following his friend to the food court where they would soon meet with his sister and Serena. He was thankful this whole mess was done and dealt with.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    These oneshots can range from K-T. Anything rating M (which I havent actually posted yet XD) will be posted on other sites and I'll link you all with the stories if you wish to read them through PMs. I don't want to link anyone underage to things like smut or anything that I shouldn't.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    Title: Unrequited

Pairing: Lysandre/Sycamore (past)/mention, Meyer/Sycamore.

Rating: K+

Summary: After Lysandre's death, Sycamore has been having a hard time coping on the holidays. When he meets a superhero named Blaziken Mask one Christmas who treats him like a Princess from a far away land, he swears never again will he need saving. (He's not worth saving anyway.)

Warnings: Shounenai, Trans Character, non-cannon elements, AU.

+++++++

Augustine loved his job. Really. He did. He loved handing out Pokémon to kids, he loved working with people, he loved working with Pokémon; he was literally living his dream. But there was something missing. An emptiness lingering since late last year when he met a mysterious masked Superhero dressed up as a Blaziken (very poorly, might he add).

He disguised his voice naturally, it was smooth, and rather sexy. As Blaziken Mask cradled the Pokémon Professor in his arms, jumping from roof top to roof top, running away from the gang of teenagers who had been pissed off because he said something stupid while drunk – because it was Christmas and it was one of those nights and he needed a drink – something clicked.

He was being a damsel in distress.

Once when he was five, when he wasn't Augustine but when he was Agatha, he had always dreamed of being carried off by a knight in shining armor. Then, when he turned twelve and his hormones betrayed him, he started to cut his hair and call himself Augustine, trying to disguise his voice and become like what Blaziken Mask is today – right here – right now. He swore to himself he would never need saving.

He wasn't worth saving anyway.

When Blaziken Mask set him down, very, very carefully he got the slightest whiff of motor oil that he swore he's smelled before. In a little repair shop hidden amongst cafes and bakeries, there was a repair shop run by a man named Meyer. He had two kids, Clemont who was the Gym Leader of Lumoise City, and Bonnie who was too young to have a Pokémon but she still loved them regardless.

He would repair some of Augustine's broken machines, bent over, muscles showing, smelling of oil. It hit him like an oncoming stampede, once again he figured out Blaziken Mask's identity on the night he met him. 'Meyer.' But when he was home, in his small one-bedroom apartment (a rather nice apartment, just for one person. it was lonesome on holidays, such as tonight, where he drank his worries away.) he stared up at the ceiling wondering about that fateful encounter.

Meyer. He'd have to ask him tomorrow.

But he never did. He was too chicken to ask. And then he was too busy. And then even busier. And then – Lysander came, and left. And then he was depressed again. It repeated in his mind like a metronome 'I'm not worth saving.' That he should just give up. One morning, when he went out to get personal supplies to clean up bodily fluids he really didn't want to mention, he saw Meyer on his way home from the supermarket.

"Augustine, how have you been?" Meyer pulled up on his scooter with his Ampharos, smelling of oil and sweat.

'Coping,' The Professor sighed mentally, but physically he managed a smile. He knew the vigilante could tell it was fake. "Oh. I'm fine. New trainers are coming in all the time, as usual." 'And you still are clueless as ever, but that's ok. I still am crazy about you.' God, he was pathetic, he either needs to get over it, or he needs to confess his love now.

And it was killing him. The holidays were coming up soon, and Professor was too far off to survive another one alone.

"Say… Augustine. Would you be willing to spend Christmas with me this year?"

…. The humbleness of the offer, Meyer holding a hand behind his neck, blushing slightly. How could he say no. But then again, why would he want the Professor to – "Bonnie and Clemont aren't around, traveling with Ash n' all, they won't make it back in time," Ah. Right. "So it's kinda lonesome with just Clembot and I. Whaddya say?" That smile was too perfect to reject.

But the fear of getting hurt again.
    The fear of letting go.
    The fear of falling, and not having someone to hold on to –

"Sure." Augustine smiled. It was a chance he had to take. "See you this Sunday."

The Ampharos on Meyer's scooter chirped, threw up her arms and smiled. It was adorable, both trainer and Pokémon mimicked each other. It seemed like they had been together for a long time… Could Augustine end up like that with someone as well, someday?

"8 PM, Sunday. See you then!" And like that, he was gone again. Just like the night he jumped off the rooftops and disappeared into the moonlight. A trail of smoke and motor oil left in the dust as he sped away on his little scooter, once again leaving the Professor to wonder.

Augustine wore a red burgundy sweater and black pants with matching black boots. Nothing too fancy, nothing too complicated. But a jacket to make sure he wouldn't get too cold in the two feet of snow that was covering Lumoise outside this winter, he made his trek out to Meyer's house. He'd seen the inside of it before while visiting the shop. The mechanic had allowed him inside while Clembot made him a cup of tea (bless him). Apparently Meyer was making dinner for the two of them tonight and giving Clembot some well-deserved rest.

Not that he minded… it was just suspicious. Very suspicious. If Meyer had something to say, why didn't he just say it? Was he flirting one-sidedly? Were there any winks or wolf-whistles that he just hadn't been catching this past year? Where there any blushes that had been extra red that he didn't get? What did he want to say?

I really like you and I think we should start dating.

Probably was too good to be true. Meyer had been married, no way could Augustine replace the love of his life that was a woman. Let alone now a transman. No. He was a freak compared to whatever beautiful creature Meyer was able to love then and produce children with. He couldn't live up to those standards.

And now, he was standing in front of the little house, right next to it the all-too-familiar mechanic shop was next door. He felt himself slinking further away. Deep inside he didn't want to go in, he wanted to run. He wanted to say something came up and he couldn't make it. But, right when he was about to leave, Meyer came out.

"Augustine, I'm glad you could make it!"

Dammit! Augustine turned, smiling, showing a peace offering gift he managed to get on the way there. 'Cause that was the kind of guy he was, it was a bottle of wine from Johto, not that they make the best or anything. But he remembers being in Olivine City, and drinking really good wine there, and being with Lysander on Christmas a few years ago. And really having a nice time. And not being depressed like he is now.

So he thought he'd get it in tribute to that.

"Coroco? That's an imported wine!" Meyer laughed. God. He was beautiful when he did that. Augustine came into the house, the stove had made everything inside smell good and feel all toasty. There was an aroma of desert lingering in the air. It felt homey. "But I'm sure it'll go nicely with what we're having."

He never asked how expensive it was, he didn't pester or baby Sycamore like past dates. Not that Lysander ever did either, but still. The two men were highly similar, despite their fashion choices being different and their smells also being absent… Lysander smelt of expensive cologne and leather, and Meyer smelt of oil and sweat. But he still loved both.

He missed Lysander, so much. It hurt. But he had to move on.

Meyer was right. The pasta he cooked went well with the the wine. Though, after a few sips, Augustine was beginning to feel lightheaded. It was a habit at this time of year, he was often getting drunk whenever he was alone to make his sorrows go away. But, he stopped himself and reached for something sweet instead.

"You alright, Augustine? You've been drinking a lot," Meyer hadn't touched much of his wine, but he had kept an eye on the Professor almost the entire time while they had been talking. Some of his speech was starting to slur after a few sips, and he was getting worried.

"Yes, I'll stop now. I apologize – I just… Christmas is when I spend time alone." He sighs, taking a bite of gingerbread, trying to think of something else other than the wine in front of him. He pushes it further away. "I didn't mean to trouble you."

Meyer's eyes widen. Had the Professor been dumped? Or had he… Oh no… "I apologize, Augustine. I didn't realize the holidays brought back bad memories for you," Meyer reached for a cookie, thinking exchanging their wine glasses for milk would be good right now. "I've been spending mine alone recently, with Bonnie and Clemont and all. I just assumed you spent time with your coworkers, if I had known…"

Agh! He's so sweet! Meyer isn't an idiot. He's a very smart man. Being Blaziken mask he had much needed Intel to take down criminals, and track them down (probably) Though, Meyer didn't know that his identity had been deduced. As much as Sycamore wanted to let him know, and study his Mega Stone, he didn't want to bring it up right now. He wasn't in the mood.

So, shaking his head, he hummed. "I do. But when I head home, it's…" Empty. Without him. Void of any feeling. Sad. Lonely. God I miss you. "I used to have a partner to spend the holidays with, and now, since he passed…" He slipped out, he might as well confirm it. If Meyer hated him for it, well. That would be a sign.

And yet Meyer didn't say anything like that. He just lowered his eyes to the wine glasses, somberly. Full of sadness, like he understood. And he did, he lost his wife – though the good Professor never knew how. Clemont and Bonnie never mentioned it. He didn't even think Ash or Serena knew.

"When I lost my wife, I went into depression. Even started drinking. It was… A rough time." He sighed, gripping the cookie tighter in his hand. "I well, we… Didn't have a lot of fun holidays for a while. My brother had to come over from the Johto region to help out. There was support, but sometimes I needed someone to yell in my face, and even punch me a few times,"

… It was silent for a while, Sycamore gave him that respect.

"But my kids – I – they. Bonnie came to me and said 'mama isn't gone, papa, she's always here for us whenever you need her. She just isn't here, here.' And gods, that day I never touched the stuff again, vowed to protect my kids and my entire family. My brother and I still stay in touch more than ever, and well, if I had known," He sighs, using a free hand to ruffle his hair. "Augustine, you know you can rely on me for things like that, right?"

Augustine frowned. It wasn't that simple. He wished it was, but it wasn't. He was in love with Meyer. He couldn't let go. But Meyer… Just didn't get it. And it was breathtaking to watch. The man was right in front of him. And – "I… I should leave."

"Augustine, why? I thought," Meyer tugged at the Professor's pant leg as he sat up, looking at him with those adorable, pleading eyes. The man pleaded the other to stay. What had he done wrong?

"My feelings aren't that simple, I wish they were, but they weren't!" He was shaking now, Augustine got himself out of Meyer's grip. The Professor instinctively wrapped his arms around his waist and bolted for the door. Meyer got up, and followed him.

"Augustine –wait."

When Meyer managed to catch him at the door, it was snowing outside. Snow was on Augustine's head, there was snow in the doorway. And when Meyer grabbed the Professor he turned around and kissed him. The two men closed their eyes for a minute, not really caring about anything else that was going on, or what would happen next.

But when Meyer opened his eyes – Augustine had turned around. "I'm sorry." His voice was cracked, like he was on the verge of sobbing. He didn't know what the punishment would entail on his life, but he did it and that was probably all he was going to get. "But, I love you. I really do, and your amazing. Your beautiful. Everything you do – your laugh. Your smile. God. it reminds me of –" Him. "This is why I can't do this. I'm sorry Meyer."

And Meyer stood there for a minute, frozen. If he let Augustine go now, he'd go home, and make himself sick, or hurt himself – or. Wait, do you love him? That thought made him jump. No. He didn't. But he didn't want Augustine to get hurt… Augustine is a grown man. He can take care of himself. He'll call the lab tomorrow, and make sure he was alright… Alive.

He had just kissed Augustine Sycamore.

++++++

I just realized you can't say sugar honey iced tea on this website. So I edited that out ^^;

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    Title: Happy Family.

Summary: Lysandre is thinking about proposing to Augustine. But he has to go to Hoenn for a few months before he can get things ready. First, he asks the Professor's family for their blessings, but an unexpected visitor shows up for their little weekend brunch. (Prequel to Unrequited)

Pairings: Lysandre/Sycamore, Steven/Alain

Warnings: Trans character, shounenai, non-cannon elements, AU.
    ++++++

Alain was coming home for the first time in months. He had been studying in Southern Kalos for a while now and phone Augustine about all the progress he made on his Pokedex Entries as well as a few Megas he'd found. Lysander was coming over as well, talking about business deals and such that he was planning to make overseas, and the whole while he was preparing lunch whit his youngest two, Dexio and Sina.

"Father, food's almost ready," Sina came out of the kitchen with a wooden spoon in her hand, she smiled as she saw her father sleep with the newspaper over his stomach, snoring softly. A light giggle escaped her lips. "Dex, look."

"What is it sister?" He peered around the corner and laughed. "He hasn't even done anything yet." Sticking out his tongue to lick the spoon that was full of cake batter, Sina pushed him. "Hey! No fair."

"You'll spoil your appetite." Dexio grunted and returned to the sink, where he washed the contents of the cake-batter spoon and bowl. He supposed he'll just wait till the cake was done to get his sweets then… If Sina didn't eat them all.

"Lysander's here!" Sina chirped as she tore off her apron and rushed to the door.

Augustine snorted as he woke up. He then threw the newspaper somewhere and wiped the drool off his chin. Great. He needed a shave, he should've shaved yesterday. Lysander liked his Professors clean and shaven. "Well, good to see you home," Augustine's voice traveled to the hallway as he chuckled.

"Need help with those?" His voice now in an almost catcall, Lysander rolled his eyes. The Professor wrapped his arms around the taller man's waist and nuzzled up against his chin.

"You didn't shave." A snort. Lysander grinned anyway and kissed him. "You forgot, didn't you?" Augustine hummed as the redhead nipped at his earlobe. "We'll do this later, right now I'm starving."

"Hmm… Alright. We'll keep it G-Rated." Another kiss on the cheek, and Lysander moved his bags to the side. "When do you suppose Alain will get here?"

"About less than twenty minutes, he called me before I got here, which was five minutes ago." The two lead their way into the living room of the Professor's apartment. It was a one-bedroom apartment, Dexio and Sina stayed in the lab. He really needed to buy another place where they all could stay, but he didn't have the money.

When he adopted Alain several years ago, the kid was about to set out on his journey so he didn't think about going out and buying a new apartment with more rooms. But when Dexio and Sina came along, two ten year olds who wished to prove their worth regardless of having no parents, it ached his heart. So he made up extra rooms in the lab and sometimes pulled all-nighters there.

His staff members were wonderful and oh-so lovely. They definitely needed raises. But he didn't have money right now. Why must everything cost so much? But his goals, eventually were to get a bigger apartment where he could share it with everyone, and possibly a guest room when Alain comes to visit.

Lysander's words of when they first met echoed in his mind. 'Only in a perfect world, Augustine. Only in a perfect world.' His stomach then clenched, like almost he was about to vomit. His biological clock was ticking again, making him remember it was that time of the month. He had run out of Birth Control and forgot to pick up more. Just like how he had forgotten to shave.

As a wave of nausea came over him, Augustine clamped his abdomen and groaned.

"Feeling alright?" Lysander supported his lover's back, hand rushing down to his lower-spine. A flush appeared on Augustine due to the heat radiating off his body.

"Do you need pain medication, love?"

Augustine nodded with a groan, and covered his mouth, rushing to the bathroom.

"Oh dear." Lysander sighed. He hoped that the sudden turns of events wouldn't make today's lunch bad for them. He wanted Augustine to be happy. He knew the Professor worked hard, and had heard from the children he had been pulling all-nighters.

He especially didn't like how the man had been forgetting his Birth Control, making his menstrual cycles happen more often. Whenever they did strike, they usually were heavy and painful. They soaked his clothes with blood and it was embarrassing for Augustine's manhood. Not that he could blame the Professor. He was simply trying to be whom he wanted, just living in the wrong body.

God, he loved that man.

"Is father alright?" Dexio wasn't oblivious to his father's problems happening once a month. They were well-educated by the assistants in the lab after they learnt their father was trans. It would soon be happening to Sina, after all.

"Yes," Lysander sighed. "He's in the restroom."

Sina giggled. "It's that time of the month, brother." Meaning no harm of it, she knew she'd be spending a lot of time complaining of her own problems with Augustine when she gets her periods as well.

Girl or not, her father still shared many womanly tendencies. He was sensitive and kind, he preferred the Roses that Lysander always presented to him on his birthday and Valentine's Day. He enjoyed art Museums and Operas over Rock and Roll concerts like Dexio and Alain did. The children weren't a hundred percent aware of his childhood, but they knew his preferences.

He was a unique creature, but they loved him regardless. "Father, are you alright? Would you care for a glass of water?" Silliness aside, Sina let the water run, knowing that it was soothing for the women assistants who had the same problems. Sometimes they would get their cycles at the same time, both father and the workers at the labs, so they could mourn together.

"Ah, yes, I would. Thank you Sina you're so wonderful." He smiled, Dexio mumbled 'suck up'. Lysander rolled his eyes, nudging the blonde. "I hope this doesn't continue when Alain gets here…" Augustine sighed, feeling a strong hand grip his shoulder. He smiled after taking a sip of bubbling water.

"Hey! We're here!"

We're? We? Us? Two?

"Alain!" Dexio jumped out of his seat and rushed to the door. He hugged his brother and smiled wickedly at the man that was standing next to the teen. Light blue hair and blue eyes. He was quite the looker. "You really picked a good one." Alain groaned, the man next to him laughed.

"What's going on…?" Augustine came around the corner, and let out a gasp.

"Steven? Steven Stone?!" He let out a near-squeal of excitement, then rushed up to the boy and gave him a firm hug. Alain was confused. How did they know each other. "I haven't seen you in years – since you became champion! How have you been?"

Steven laughed and let go of his father's friend, not even realizing the looks he was getting from Dexio and Alain. "Good, good. I've been traveling in the Kalos Region and I'm set to head back to Hoenn with Lysander." He raised a brow, noticing that was when – "When you speak of the devil," He shakes his head, the tall man dressed in a tan dress-shirt and black pants ducked underneath the archway that lead into the hall everyone was gathered in. "Do you get any taller old man?"

Lysander laughed. "Every year, squirt."

Alain gaped, then began stuttering. "H-How do you know them? My dad! Lysander! How? Why didn't you tell me?!" Alain was flushing beat red, just like Augustine did whenever he was embarrassed. That was a trait they shared comically. Steven laughed. Alain puffed up his cheeks.

"Sorry, I guess I missed a few important details." The blue-haired champion was rubbing the back of his neck, humbly muttering apologies, both Augustine and Lysander looked at each other, curious. "Um… we should tell them, though. Right?"

Tell them what?

"Oh – right. Uh. Dad. Lysander. Oh! Sina! Get your butt in here!" Alain barked, Sina groaned, throwing a few utensils down, some of them winced at the noise. Others merely chuckled. "Sina's awesome, you're gonna love her."

"What's going on you two?" Augustine looked heartbroken as if he was just about to lose his baby boy to some stranger, but that wasn't the case, it really wasn't. He knew Steven, he's worked with his father for years. He knows Steven. He trusts him.

When Sina got in the hallway, hands on her hips, huffing up her cheeks like the child she was, Alain laughed, then moved his hand down towards Steven's. "I, uh, guys…" He looked away for a second… "We're dating."

…. Sina clapped, giggling, cheering now. Alain groaned – "Sina – oof!" The Mega Trainer was tackled into a hug. "Hey! Off! Owe!" His little sister wasted no time at all rambling on and on about how cute they were together, how long it had taken for Alain to get a boyfriend or girlfriend, and how happy she was.

Dexio groaned, pinching his nose. He just didn't want them to be mushy like dad or Lysander. Which, lead to their other problem. The two adults still standing with their mouths hung open, Lysander though with his arms crossed and eyes still wide. He didn't know what to think.

"We had a long discussion about it." Sina was in the kitchen now, getting everything ready for lunch. "And well, after I mentioned I was going to Hoenn with you, Lysander…" Steven sighed, earning a nudge from Alain to continue. "He insisted that he come with us."

The two said in unison "What?"

"Please? Dad, Lysander! I want to! Really! I wanna learn about Megas in Hoenn! I've become stronger with Charizard, and I think I really understand what I'm doing. And I've been travelling with Steven for a couple of months too…" His words quieted at the last second, hiding back in his shell. Steven clasped his hand, clearing his throat and continued.

"What he means is, we know each other. We trust each other. And more importantly, we work well together. There's no one I trust more than Alain with something like this, Lysander." His smile was wide and genuine, sky blue eyes lit up like diamonds as they then glanced over to a worried Alain that his father might not let him go. "But I still ask for your permission, as you're his guardian, Professor."

…. Augustine sighed. "Fine…" Then smiled, he clapped Lysander's back, who jumped a little. "Just make sure he doesn't do anything too dangerous." The redhead coughed, nodding and mumbled 'of course'. Augustine laughed and leaned forward to hug Alain. "Who could say no to you anyway?"

"You spoil your children too much, Augustine." After he released the hug from Alain, Sina and Dexio announced that the food was ready. They all gathered in the the dining room which wasn't very large, considering the size of the apartment and what it was mainly used for, but they made accommodations for this occasion.

During the meal Augustine felt ill again, so he had to go to the bathroom. Now the room filled with a slight awkwardness looming over them, Lysander though managed to snap them out of it before Augustine managed to get back.

"I actually wanted to ask you all something today." Their heads came up from their plates, curious. "I need your blessings."

They gasped, excited, curios, fearful and especially Sina who was on the verge of jumping for joy. "I… I wish to propose to Augustine. After I return from Hoenn." Their smiles were pretty much all the answers he needed, but just to be sure…

"Of course you can, Lysander." Alain smiled, almost on the verge of laughing. "You're like a second dad to us anyway. It'll be awesome having you around more, we don't mind. Right guys?"

Sina squealed, clasping her fists to her chest, eyes shining. "Oh my gosh! A wedding." They all laughed, Dexio sighed, then smiled at the enthusiasm regardless.

"Of course you have my blessings. You're already apart of the family." The blonde nodded though "But weddings are a pain, and they're expensive –"

"And beautiful, and fun, and there's dancing, and food. So much food." They all laughed.

"All you ever think about is food! Even while we're eating!" Dexio barked, Steven let out a chuckle, Lysander's gaze went over to him, who then met eyes with. "Uh, something wrong?" Dexio sipped on his glass of ice water, trying to fend off the awkwardness.

"I'd like to ask your blessings as well… Considering…"

Their mouths are hung open. Alain's as well. Steven smiled, wiping his lips of residue. "That's most honorable, Lysander. But I just got here," He felt Alain's hand on his arm, he felt Alain's smile radiant towards him.

"I still would like it. Your family now." The man was firm but not angry. He still was eager for a response. He had his arms crossed over his chest, a signature pose of his. That meant he means business. He didn't like fooling around.

He loved Augustine. So, so very much. He'd do anything for him.

"Of course you have my blessings, Lysander." The others cheered, Alain then shushed them as he heard the bathroom door open, Augustine's voice trailing from the hallway as he entered the dining room.

"What's all the noise for?" He chuckled, sitting next to his lover, he got a kiss on the cheek. "Guys? Why are you looking at me like that?

Nothing but smiles were aimed towards the happy couple for the rest of the day. It was hard keeping things a secret, but Lysander promised that he would buy an engagement ring in Hoenn and surprise Augustine with it when he returned home.

Only in a perfect world.

When Alain, Steven and Lysander summoned Mega Rayquaza, Kyogre and Groudon, Alain's Charizard was almost caught in the crossfire. It took a bad beating from the legendries. Thrown onto the icy battlefield, Alain went down to go save his partner, and was almost hit by one of the legendries attacks. Lysander sent out his Pyroar to save him, but that wasn't even enough.

When Mega Rayquaza tried to swoop in one more attack at the last second at Alain and his Charizard, Lysander took the hit and died. His body still intact, they returned to Kalos and gave him a proper funeral. The only Pokémon he had with him was Pyroar and that was left to Augustine, but he could bear to look in the eyes of the Pokémon that was once his lover's, so Alain took care of the feline when he was on his journey.

The worst of all, the most painful thing… He did manage to buy a ring.

"You idiot," Augustine sobbed, looking down at his gravestone, holding the box in his hand and examining the jewels. It wasn't just an ordinary diamond ring, in it there was one Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. It was white gold, and it was gorgeous. "You told me you'd come back."

Augustine gripped the little jewelry box in his hands, and held it close. He hugged it. As he bent down and laid a bouquet of roses, tears fell, it was winter time, and this was going to be his first Christmas where he truly felt alone.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    Title: Not The Only One.

Rating: K +

Pairing: Steven/Alain

Summary: Alain is feeling pretty bad about Lysandre's death. He's even blaming himself for what had happened. But, Steven, being his wonderful boyfriend knows that he's not the only one whose feeling horrible about the whole ordeal. (Tie-in with Happy Family)

Warnings: Character Death, Mentions of Sexual Content, Slight OOC, Fluff & Angst, Depression - Getting over a Loss.

+++++++

Steven was watching his boyfriend battle against a kid with a Mega Blastoise. He was strong, but he knew Alain was stronger. When they actually declared themselves as 'boyfriends' was debatable. They always really liked each other. But when they found out their… Special preferences, that moment was definitely awkward.

Though Alain was a few years younger than him, sixteen and full of energy, ready to take on the world with Charizard and newly-obtained Pyorar, he confined his emotions most of the time when he wasn't with Steven.

"Dude, why do you have two fire types?" The kid asked, smirking as his Blastoise did a pose. "You won't win against us!"

"None of your business," Alain sneered, Steven shivered. The once happy teen he met three years ago was gone. Ever since Lysander's death and well, hadn't really come to terms with it – he had been blaming himself for the whole ordeal. The kid even stepped back a little. "Typing doesn't matter, Charizard has been through a lot, and we can win, I believe in him."

Though him and Charizard's bonds weren't thinning, Alain's aura was becoming colder. He became increasingly worried as the months progressed since they last saw Augustine's condition when they all had met up. Though Augustine said he was fine, he certainly didn't look it.

"Charizard – Thunder Punch!" A quick way to end it for most, though that wasn't Alain's style. He knew that he wasn't going to end this right away, he liked challenges.

He did know the type disadvantage that was at hand, he respected it, he really did. But he needed to gain an edge in case something happened. Charizard dove in as it's arm began to glow with electricity, it roared as it readied it's attack on Blastoise.

"Use Giga Impact!" The Blastoise began to glow as it charged up a Giga Impact, it roared and collided with Charizard. They both knew they had suffered damage just then. But in the trainer's eyes, it was worth it. "Alright! Show 'em whose boss!"

Blastoise didn't even look phased. The paralysis didn't even take effect, and it merely shook it off. Ouch. Alain grit his teeth, weighing out his options, he could get Charizard up in the air and do some aerial maneuvers to dodge attacks, but that would tire him out, especially if he got hit by a water-based attack.

He decided to go for it, it was all he had.

"Charizard, up in the air! Let's go!" Charizard grunted as he jumped up and flapped his wings, up in the air it went the kid's eyes widened at the sight. Whenever Pokémon like this took sight it was something to behold, really. "Use Flamethrower!"

Charizard used flamethrower, rough move, and the kid bounced right back. "Use Hydro Pump!"

They collided and Charizard was hit. As it fell down, hitting the ground with a loud crash, the Earth around them shook. The kid laughed, what a twerp. "Alright! Told you we'd win!"

Alain grit his teeth, slightly shaking. Steven shook his head. His temper had gotten of his choices in battle. It had been happening a lot lately, even when Steven saw Alain meditate, still that had only been lasting a few seconds at best. Not to mention the nightmares that woke them up at night, screaming was not a good ways to get sleep.

Steven would have to set up a tent for himself as much as he wanted to help his boyfriend, he couldn't. Alain was stubborn and refused to open up his heart to anyone – sometimes Steven himself. So, what could he do? Steven looked over at Pyroar who nodded her head, then walked towards Steven who was hidden amongst some tree brush.

He made it clear he wouldn't made a scene when the Mega Trainer would get bombarded by other trainers asking for the Champion's Autographs, not that Steven minded, but it got a little excessive after a while. Besides, he didn't really mind this arrangement. It was quiet, and he could still support him even on the sidelines.

He felt a fuzzy head brush under his hand accompanied by a loud purr. "I know girl, you're worried for him." He bent down, looking at what was going to happen next. Alain usually didn't get into fights with kids, but… He watched closely just to make sure.

Alain felt like crap. He lost again. This brat wouldn't stop rambling on about how great he was. But, he knew Steven was watching. He couldn't just blow up and throw his fists at the twerp. He needed to play it cool. "Charizard , return." He stuffed his hands in his pockets and walked away, sighing, he knew that Lysander would be proud of him for ignoring the problem.

Lysander…

Alain glowered towards the ground, his feet trudging as he walked. He was trying to take an extra-long time to get back to Steven. He didn't want to talk about this now. Not ever. He knew it was just a phase he was going through, and that he'd get over it in a few more months.

"I'm proud of you, and Lysander would be too," When Alain did look up he saw his boyfriend. His beautiful, wonderful boyfriend standing next to Lysander's Pyroar (it's his. it'll never be Alain's). Pyroar purred and brushed past him, Alain faked a smile and pet her, he should spent more time with the feline, but he couldn't – it reminded him of what he had lost. Of his own problems. "Alain?"

Alain sighed at his name. "I'm fine." He mumbled, trying to move past Steven, but a hand grasped his shoulder, he didn't look at him. He didn't want to. "Steven," A groan, he could feel Steven rolling his eyes. Really. He was not in the mood.

"Alain, we need to talk about… This."

"This?"

"This thing."

Alain snorted. "This thing." Very specific. But alright. "Okay. Where do you want to talk about 'this thing'?" Steven snarled. Alain didn't even flinch, he just gazed over to the trees with lifelessness.

"Here. Right now. I'm worried for you. You're not happy anymore. Your… Acting darker than usual. I think the Pokémon can sense it too, and I'm afraid if it continues, it'll start affecting your bonds with them and the Mega Ring."

Alain rolled his eyes. "Wouldn't that be a disaster." Pyroar growled. Steven's eyes widen, his heart heavy. This wasn't Alain. No. The happy child he met all those years ago destined to study Mega Evolution and become the strongest – wasn't there anymore.

"Alain," Steven stepped in front of the teen, holding him by the shoulders gingerly, carefully he gazed into his eyes. Though Steven towered over Alain he still was able to find comfort in the boy even when he was stressed. Now it was time to return the favor. "Please, this isn't you. Please talk to me." He wasn't shaking, his eyes tender and soft. His face always so warm and loving.

Alain's gazed lowered. God, he loved this man. "What's there to talk about?" He barked, Steven flinched. "I killed Lysander. If it wasn't for my stupid dream to get stronger, me wanting to go to Hoenn and agreeing to summon The Legends, none of it would have happened. Charizard would have never gotten hit, and Lysander would have never died." He snarled, looking like a mixture of sad and angry and god, please help me at the same time.

Steven hugged him, though the boy did struggled, he still hugged him. "Alain, we would've summoned The Legends regardless if you were there or not. It was dangerous and that's why we didn't want you to come." Steven sighed. "None of this is your fault. You're not the only one feeling guilty." He eyed Pyroar who barked, looking rather frustrated at Alain's confession.

Alain shoved Steven away, eyes burning with tears. "Then what?! Tell me who's been feeling just as bad as I am! I'd love to hear it!"

The feline couldn't take it, and charged up a Flamethrower right in their direction. "Whoa!" Alain blinked, staring at the fire-type for a moment as it charged towards him. She managed to get on top of him, nearly slashing him with her claws, roaring while she did such. Steven screamed to get Pyroar off of Alain, but he yelled saying he deserved this.

As Alain tackled Pyroar to the ground, shoving the beast off of him, he sat up, jacket cut and blood staining on it slightly. Pyroar's eyes widen, she didn't mean to hurt the human that bad. Alain hissed, then smiled. "It's okay girl, you needed to whack me around, I've been a dick,"

"Dingus" Steven coughed, Alain hissed, grabbing his shoulder. "You alright?"

"I'm fine. Just mauled by a Pyorar is all. Hey, don't give me that look," Alain smiled, reaching out for the feline "Come 'ere'" Opening his arms the feline came up to Alain and started licking the cuts that were on his cheeks. "I know your sorry. I know you feel guilty. I feel guilty. Hell, I get nightmares at night," He rubbed a hand nervously through his hand, then laughed. "Do you get nightmares?"

Steven's face melted at the sight as Pyroar noded. He had no idea both Alain and Pyroar had been going through so much. "I think someone else needs to be here," Alain called out Charizard. "Come on, buddy, group hug." Charizard didn't know what was going on, but he obeyed. "I'm sorry I've been a jerk lately, but I promise I'm better now –"

Steven sighed, straddling over to the scene, he bent down and placed a hand on the teen's shoulder. "Going to be. No one gets better over-night and that's okay. We're all here for you, Alain." Charizard roared in agreement and gave his trainer a thumbs up. "… Does this mean we'll get to share a tent with each other tonight?"

Alain blinked, then looked down with Pyorar. "Can she come too?" Pyroar barked, putting her paws up against the Mega Trainer again, she licked his face. Steven nodded and laughed.

They were going to be just fine.

+++++

A ship I have declared as MegaStoneShipping. ;u; Cause it just sounds beautiful that way~ I love these two. Again, edited out the swearing.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    Title: Carnations & Roses.

Summary: Augustine tries to 'cope' with the loss of Lysander. Diantha, Lysander's cousin pays him a visit. Only after Diantha tells him he's not the only one suffering, does Augustine realize that he finally has to make the choice of moving on. Sequel to Happy Family and Tie-in to Unrequited.

Pairing: Lysandre/Sycamore.

+++++++

Diantha scanned the apartment, she didn't know what to expect upon receiving the call about her cousin Lysander's death. When she first heard about it she was almost about to record for a movie, but she cancelled due to a family emergency. Her producers were upset with her, but fuck them. She knew there was one person who needed her more right now just as she needed him.

Augustine. She sighed as she took a few steps further into the apartment, then hearing a crunch as her shoes stepped on broken glass. She gasped, covering a hand to her mouth. "Augustine?!" She cried, sobbing could be heard from the deeper parts of the apartment, she cringed and a pit formed in her stomach.

The actress took a deep breath and turned on the lights, hearing a groan, who knows how long Augustine went without contacting anyone? When she had gotten the call from his assailants, Dexio and Sina they said he was depressed. He blamed himself for Lysander's death and worst of all – Lysander was going to propose.

Her stomach lurched at the idea of them wedding, but now not being able to. She was going to be related to Augustine. They would've been family – not that she didn't consider him already. But now, all those ties would be broken. She sighed again and stepped forward, the sobbing had quieted a little.

Footsteps came forward and a light chuff made her notice that she and Augustine weren't the only ones in the room. "Pyroar," She bent down and hugged her cousin's former companion. "You're sad too, aren't you?" Pyroar licked Diantha's face and she smiled solemnly. "Show me where Augustine is?" She had an idea, but the lion Pokemon still nodded and lead her to the living room which was darkened, not a single light came through. The blinds were closed and she could barely see The Professor curled up, hugging himself.

"Oh, Augustine." She heard him moan in pain, he probably had missed out on his Birth Control. Whenever she felt depressed it was hard to stay on schedule. But regardless the Mega Trainer flicked on a lamp that had a shade on it, to give low light – not too much to shock him. She placed a hand over his shoulder and rubbed his back. "Augustine, it's me, Diantha."

Her heart melted as he sobbed, there was cans of beer and glass bottles shattered. Blood prints left by Pyroar, neglected to treat the Pokemon's feet had been seen, how long this had been going on she'd been unsure. But she just hoped the Pokemon didn't have an infection. "Augustine, Pyroar's hurt."

Augustine's eyes snapped open – his mouth a gape. Pyroar next to her, looking sad, then bent down and licked him. Pyroar didn't seem hurt. But when he sat up and Diantha showed him the bloody paw prints on the floor – his eyes widen. "Pyroar, I'm – I'm so sorry." He sobbed, rubbing his face into the lion's mane. She purred and licked his face, forgiving as she knew it wasn't his fault.

They were both sad over the one they'd love's death. Alain would be arriving soon, and Augustine had planned to give Pyroar to him, not just because of the fact he couldn't look into Pyroar's eyes and think only of Lysander – but – Pyroar didn't deserve to be cooped up in an apartment for the rest of her life. She deserved to battle and travel, which is what Alain was doing.

She enjoyed the thrill of life, and deserved the absolute best, like what Lysander did. Are you happy now, have you found your perfect world? The Professor shook his head. But just then, his eyes gazed up at Diantha who smiled lovingly and held a hand over his.

"I miss him too," Fuck. His eyes were watering again, his breathing was becoming uneven. When would this end? It was probably the hormones, and the alcohol. "Please, Augustine. Don't do this to yourself, don't destroy yourself – I love you and I know how much you loved him," She moved her hand to his shoulder, feeling him shake. "I'm always here for you if you need me."

Everyone's here for you – Pyroar had her chin in Augustine's lap – now quit whining and move on. Augustine sighed. He pulled Diantha in for a hug, and with one last heave he let out a choked sob. "Thank you." She shushed him and rubbed his back. "I loved him so much."

His voice shaking, he then reached into his pocket, pulling away from the actress. Her eyes didn't deceive her – what came out next was a small jewelry box with Augustine's name on it. "Fuck – Diantha - he was going to propose."

They were going to get married.

"I can't keep this ring."

Diantha blinked. "Why?" She asked, her voice barely a whisper, Augustine looked away from the box and then back to Pyroar, he shrugged as he began to pet her again.

"I can barely look at Pyroar in the morning, Dee. I've already made plans to give her to Alain." Pyroar barked and moved around, Augustine shushed her and scratched the cat behind her ears. "Shh, I know what I'm doing. Alain is hurting, I know. But he trains, and travels. You'll do much better out there than stuck in here with me all the time."

Diantha frowned, wondering if she should say something, but when Augustine didn't even dare open the box, he just shoved it towards her – he closed his eyes as if it was the last time he'd ever get a chance to look at it again… "I want you to keep it."

"W-Why?" She was so confused. She knew he was hurting, but shouldn't he keep it as a reminder of their love?

"I can't keep this, and one day, when you get married, use it. Or not. Just make sure it's safe. I can't keep it. Dee, it ruins me knowing it have it. I love him, I do. But I need to move on." He sighs, opening his eyes, smiling at her now, a bit better than before. "I have to move on, though I know I'll always love him… I can't keep acting like this forever."

So please, he begged silently as Diantha took the box, opening it her eyes widened. "It's beautiful." Augustine nodded. "Andy always had class, didn't he?" She remember how on her birthday, she'd be surprised with a bouquet of roses and carnations. Carnations, because it was her mother's favorite and she kept that tradition after she died.

Andy said to her when she's married she'll have a bouquet of both, and they'd walk down the aisle together since her father wasn't there either, he died when she was born. Diantha wiped a tear – closing the box. Thinking of how that was from so long ago, but meant so much then. It was like a fairytale when she was young, and whether or not she'll ever get married…

"I want you to come with me to someplace special," Augustine's voice was low, somewhat hurt. But his eyes still met hers. "We should go fix Pyroar up first, " He petted the Pokémon and she licked his hand. Augustine laughed for the first time in three days.

++++

They walked together up the hill that lead to that special place. Hand in hand, as the wind and cherry blossom petals blew past them, there laid a gravestone that wasn't covered in moss or any sort of grime. It was perfect, as it had just been place there a few weeks ago.

REST IN PEACE, LYSANDER.
    MAY YOU FIND YOUR PERFECT WORLD IN THE VAST UNKNOWN.
    YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL WILL GUIDE YOU SOMEDAY, SOMEHOW.

"Poetic," Diantha smiled as she gripped Augustine's hand tighter. Her family, her cousin especially always did have a thing for poetry.

Augustine snorted. "You think so?" He held out a bouquet of roses, one that was like the kind he'd get on his birthday. They were red, the petals were velvety to the touch. They were elegant, just like him. "Carnations?" He asked, looking down at the arrangement of flowers that lay in the woman's fine hands.

"My mother's favorite. Andy said that he'd get me a bouquet of both Carnations and Roses for my wedding," She sniffed, laying them down and wondering if the man was up there – somewhere – listening. "He said he'd walk down the aisle with me," She sighed, removing her sunglasses, Pyroar rubbed underneath her hand, remembering the day fondly. "He wasn't just a cousin to me, he was my best friend."

Aside from her Gardevoir, they were close. Lysander was like a big brother, the one she never had. When her mother died, they lived together and played together. They relied on each other. But once philanthropist got control over his company, he didn't seem the same anymore. When he fell in love with Augustine though… "He really loved you."

She wiped her eyes, a little dusty due to the wind. Augustine still managed a smile as he bent down to lay his bouquet down. "I know." And I loved him too. Thought The Professor. His heart ached. It had been for weeks. But… It was time to take that extra step, and move forward.

Still, regardless of how Augustine felt, and how he knew he had to move forward, not a single day passed did a Augustine leave Lysander's grave empty. He always visited and placed a bouquet of roses, originally when he first started visiting the first week since he passed… But now it was both carnations and roses, due to what Diantha had told him.

He wondered if the shopkeeper at the flower shops thought he was still dating someone, but he just smiled and nodded at their cute banters. When they teased him about how they asked 'is it for a girl'? He said 'maybe'. He didn't dwell into his personal life with strangers that much. Well, not much anymore.

It wasn't until one day in the rain, he decided to place his usual gift to his past love and he spotted a familiar face. One that would sometimes come to the graveyard and come into the lab and repair his machines.

Meyer, also known as Clemont and Bonnie's father. Then, it hit him. Where was his wife?

His heart sank as he watched silently from the shadows – seeing Meyer depart from the graveyard. And just then, he couldn't help but notice it – but maybe… Did Meyer see him just then?

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    Title: Light Up The Night.

Summary: Meyer thinks about how he's going to deal with Augustine after their night on Christmas together, but when Blaziken Mask starts scolding him for avoiding the main point - even going as far as avoiding Augustine himself... It all comes to an end when he rescues a trans boy from gangsters one evening. He needs to talk to Augustine. Like, now. (Sequel to Unrequited)

Pairings: Sycamore/Meyer

+++++++++++

Meyer was stumped. Calling was useless, going to the lab was useless because he didn't want to get strange looks… So that left Meyer to think alone for a few days after it their accidental kiss had happened. It was snowing again that Tuesday morning, why a Tuesday? He didn't know, maybe because he didn't get this specific thing done last week so he had to do it at least sometime this week. So, why not now.

Maybe he'd see Augustine there. (Yeah, maybe.)

Meyer was no idiot. He had sort of knew about Augustine's relationship with Lysander before his death. And, no, it wasn't because he looked at his gravestone to see it well decorated with flowers, only to make his gut feel queasy with guilt, thinking he should have more flowers at his wife's grave. He knew because all of Lumiose knew.

They loved gossiping in this city, you couldn't get around without someone saying something behind your back. Alexa of course would be on it, reporting about it, then gossiping about it to her sister Viola who works in Salutane City as the Gym Leader there. So again – who didn't know?

He wondered if the good Professor knew about this, maybe Lysander. He seemed to deduce people a lot. He was smart, or so it seemed. Meyer never really got a chance to meet him properly. Not that it mattered. But, when Augustine kissed him on Christmas… Was he really head over heels for him – or –

Stop. Your freaking out. Breathe.

Meyer sighed, trying to keep a one-track mind. He wanted to move on from this. But he also wanted to make sure Augustine was okay. Thing is though – he was straight. He couldn't fall in love with a man…

Or could you?

That Blaziken Mask persona purred in his mind, and he scolded it again. He told it to shut up, he didn't need advice right now. When he first truly met Augustine Sycamore it was when the man was drunk last year on Christmas Eve, why he was who knew. Maybe Lysander wasn't there – he seemed like the guy who kept himself busy most days.

Brain, I command you to stop, now! He wasn't thinking about it! No, no no this was wrong! He had been married! Along with his wife he had produced two beautiful children. What would they think if he started a relationship with a man? Bonnie and Clemont would want you to be happy, you know that, Meyer. Blaziken Mask smirked again. Meyer snarled, stomping off in anger like a huffy child.

He didn't need to talk about this. There was no need to. He was perfectly fine the way he was.

…. Okay, maybe he was being a little conceited.

A little? Blaziken Mask cackled, he tried not to look at his concerned partner as they jumped across the rooftops of Lumoise. The moon was full tonight. Just like it was when he first met Sycamore. Fuck. Why can't he stop thinking about it?! Because you know what you want.

A snarl and Mega Blaziken chirped. He was definitely concerned now. But just then – they saw a man backed up in an alleyway. It was a rather ungodly sight. No Pokémon to protect him, just a few other men that looked a lot heftier than him.

Blaziken Mask and partner stayed hidden. "You little queer fuck, you wanna mess with us?" Meyer tried not to wince at the words but as the larger man threw a punch in towards the feeble-looking boy, he winced and just then, Mega Blaziken charged and blocked his punch.

"What?!" One of the gang members yelled, surprised to see another Pokémon like that? Yeah, he'd be too. But when Blaziken Mask appeared they all stayed silent and still in their tracks. "Boss, it's Blaziken Mask… We better run…" The other's was in a whisper but Meyer could still here him, he glowered, obviously unhappy.

Obviously he was going to teach these guys a lesson.

"I'm not runnin – this punk owes us! Little queer freak needs to hold up his end of the deal!" The boy winced, Meyer glanced towards the boy, well, man. He was roughly in his mid-twenties. He looked thin and boney, he had cuts and bruises on his face like before he had taken a good beating from them… How long had this been going on?

"Go – Marowak!" Great. A ground type against a fire type. Meyer grit his teeth as the Pokémon came closer "Bone Rush!"

"Up in the air –dodge!" And with great distance Mega Blaziken dodged the attack. They all seemed shocked, yeah, he would be too. He grinned – this was the rush he loved while patrolling. But he had to play his cards right. He couldn't let Blaziken get hit by a ground-type attack. "Focus Punch!"

Though even that wouldn't do much damage, it was still something. Blaziken's fist glowed and from the sky it came in and hit Marowak on the head with a powerful punch.

"Use Double Edge –"
    "- Use Flamethrower –"

Both attacks happened at the same time and in a fiery panic, both Pokémon burst out all their power. A massive flame burst into the sky. They all braced themselves for the massive power wave and heat that came their way.

They were still standing and neither Pokémon looked tired. Shit. He really should get different types to patrol with him. But he was Blaziken Mask, what others would work with him?

Water types would help. Blaziken Mask scolded Meyer again, he rolled his eyes mentally. Shut up. Meyer groaned and he continued the battle sending out a Blaze Kick towards a dazed Marowak.

And surprise surprise, that did it. Marowak was down and out. But Blaziken was tired. It didn't revert back to normal yet, though. The thugs were shaking, and they glared at the boy which was being guarded by both Meyer and Pokémon. Meyer snarled. "Leave. Don't use Pokémon for acts such as these, it's immoral an unethical, I won't call the cops tonight – but serve this as a warning."

The leader, who had just gotten his ass whooped, laughed. "Immoral? Unethical? Yeah. Right." Mega Blaziken still proved he had some fire left in him by flaring up, and the bipedal chicken cracked his knuckles, glaring at the thugs. They squealed like little girls. "S-Sorry! Won't happen again!"

Meyer turned to the boy – the man – who tried to help himself upright better. He groaned, Meyer went over to him to help. "Stop," He shook his hand, Meyer stepped back, agape slightly. "I didn't need your help."

Meyer blinked, so did Blaziken. "You should've arrested them." The boy sighed. "They were blackmailing me. Now they'll just come back."

His voice was shaken, nervous, and a little terrified. He was hugging himself, and as he stepped into the light, Meyer got a full view of his features… A boy… With an A-Cup… This boy was trans. He didn't have his Adam's Apple fully formed yet, and he seemed to be doing a poor job at hiding his breasts… But… Those guys were –

"What happened. Please, tell me." He may not go to the police right away, but he needs to know. This isn't right, whatever it is. "Not only you are in danger but others and Pokémon as well, please, tell me what's going on." The boy winced, ruffling his hair.

"I'm trans." He sighed. "They used that as a way to blackmail me by taking… Photos of me."

"Photos?" Meyer's voice was low, barely a whisper. Blaziken looked worried as he glanced to his partner.

"My little sister is sick in the hospital. My parents need money to keep her there since it's a good place, these guys said they would help –"

"And you went there?" His voice was loud, a little annoyed. He knew he shouldn't be. But still. Who would be dumb enough to trust gangsters?

"- I had no choice! She's going to die! I have to at least make her last few years comfortable!" Meyer winced. The kid's knuckles were clenched and beat red. He was shaking. " – Mom works. Dad works. I don't have a job cause I'm trans and everyone can see it. I can't get a job in this city cause fuck – so I went to them."

Meyer was then instantly reminded of his own son, how he'd do anything for Bonnie after his wife died. Sympathy filled his heart and he placed a hand on the boy's shoulder, even though he struggled, the vigilante still offered a reassuring smile. "You're a good brother."

The boy blinked. "You… Think so?"

Meyer nodded. "It was a dangerous decision, don't do it again. But – you're a good brother. Going to the ends of the world to make your sister happy. If that's not a good brother I don't know what is." He let his hand slip from the boy's shoulder, the kid's gaze meeting him now.

"Got a name, kid?"

….. "Lewis. Lewis Anderson." Probably not his birth name, probably Lisa or Lily. But it was worth a mention it was what he was comfortable with and that mattered. Meyer nodded, a gleam in his eyes.

"Alright, Mr. Anderson. I'll make sure to get this cleared up. You go get yourself patched up," He turned – a voice calling for him.

"How will you fix it?"

Meyer didn't even turn around, he just laughed. The moonlight added for dramatic effect, Blaziken lighting up his way… "I'm a hero kid, these kinds of things always get fixed when I'm around."

Believe in your hero's, kid. Because if you don't have at least one, the world around you will begin to fall.

But then he wondered about Augustine. Who was his hero? Was it Blaziken Mask? Was it the day he swooped him off his feet, jumping from rooftop to rooftop under the moonlight that was just like tonight's – or was it Meyer? Or had it been Lysander? Or both? He didn't know, but it was tiring to figure out.

Tomorrow. He told himself. Not Blaziken Mask, but Meyer. He would make sure to visit Augustine personally. No phone calls, no dodging. He needed to get to the bottom of this once and for all.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    Title: I Do Adore.

Pairing: Sycamore/Meyer

Summary: Meyer and Augustine talk about their Christmas get-together. Despite Meyer's ongoing turmoil about his sexuality, he seems to have come to terms with it, as he finally puts past demons to rest when he realizes he actually loves Augustine for who he is and not what he is. (Sequel to Unrequited)

++++++++++++++++

Everything you do
    It sends me higher than the moon
    With every twinkle in your eye
    You strike a match that lights my heart on fire

When you're near
    I hide my blushing face
    And trip on my shoelaces
    Grace just isn't my forté
    But it brings me to my knees when you say

Hello, how are you my darling today?
    I fall into a pile on the floor
    Puppy love is hard to ignore
    When every little thing you do
    I do adore

I Do Adore - Mindy Gledhill

+++++++++++++++

Meyer was stumped. Calling didn't help. Avoiding the problem certainly didn't work either. Yet, no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't seem to come to terms with this… This thing. This – situation. Fuck. Whatever this thing was, he didn't like it. He knew Sycamore was probably having a rough time, and he was worried. But he was a man, he was straight. He had been married.

He only wondered if his wife was laughing at him right now, wherever she was. As the vigilante had made a lot of dumb choices after her death, and before – like that large TV that broke two days after they purchased it – and it was right after she found out she was pregnant with Clemont, too. That's when he found out his renown talent for fixing things.

Or that one time he was hit on by a couple of gay drunk teenagers. Oops. That, or they could've just been drunk. But they really sounded gay at the time – and it really made him uncomfortable. And all the while, Blaziken was flashing weird looks, like 'why do you humans have these strange feels I'll never understand'.

He never understands half of his emotions either… Fingers moving towards Blaziken's Pokeball which was secure on his belt, he sighed. He wondered when he'll ever tell Bonnie or Clemont about Blaziken or Blaziken Mask. They never knew about the bird, only Ampharos. They didn't know he was a vigilante. They didn't know his affairs with the night, or rescuing people. He just didn't want them to get involved.

Blaziken was his first Pokémon, actually. It was from his brother who was visiting Hoenn, originally they were born in Johto, and he met his wife in Olivine City, but that night when they were having a nice romantic dinner – his brother surprised him over the phone with a Torchic. He had no idea what he was going to do with the little chicken, but he assumed he'd train it, give it a good life full of battles and action, like a Pokémon should.

When his wife and him when on a journey through Kalos, they figured out that his Blaziken had developed a new ablitiy called Mega Evolution, and it only lasted a short while. Meyer trained in this new form with Blaziken longer so it's power would last a bit more, and they could hang onto it so Blaziken wouldn't transform back right away. Their bonds were impeccable.

Before they got married, Meyer got a Mareep from the Lumoise City Gym Leader. That Mareep soon evolved after he had spent some time training with it, and now it was an Ampharos. His Amphy was his trusted companion – Amphy – nicknamed by Bonnie sometimes. He trusted the electric type with Clemont when he was a baby, as when Clemont was a newborn he was frail and a little feeble. He had to be monitored as he had weak lungs. When Clemont was born, they had to make sure he had to take an inhaler even as a child, and at a year old he got glasses.

But it was worth it, Ampharos helped a lot. Eventually he let Blaziken warm him up whenever he slept with him as he rocked Clemont to sleep, and when Bonnie came along, it was just him and Ampharos. Blaziken went to Olivine to train with his brother. He didn't want his long-time friend to be cooped up with two kids where he'd be hung on and prodded at all the time. Bonnie was a baby, though she loved Pokémon.

When his wife died and Bonnie was two, everything seemed to fade away. He stopped doing the things he loved the most, patrolling, training, building things – even interacting with the kids. He started drinking more. Clemont built a robot named Clembot to help with the Lumoise Gym Leader as he had grown older. The old man had come over more often to help with the kids, and appreciated Clembot for taking over for his time in absence.

But when his brother came to give him a pep talk, and a punch to the face- that's when he realized he needed to get his shit together. He needed to be there for his kids. Bonnie and Clemont needed him. They had their hero, and that was their father. Not Blaziken Mask – but – Meyer. His heart sank as Bonnie hugged him that day he finally stopped drinking. He only drank with his brother on celebrations when he came to Kalos. It was odd, feeling alcohol on his lounge again. He was afraid he'd slip back into the sadness that consumed him for months, but his brother was there, and even when he wasn't, he was still there.

And now, Augustine was going through the same thing. Meyer sighed. Fuck. He really didn't want to do this… But he knew he had to. He was partially to blame. And not in the narcissistic 'my dashing good looks are just too hard to beat' way. No. This was no joke. He had to go up there – march up to the lab – burst through the door and – "Ah, Meyer, good to see you!" A child. Sina, was it? Giving a fake smile no doubt.

"Father's in need to discuss things with you." It was now a death glare. Oh Arceus help him. The child, only measuring to his stomach grabbed his arm and dragged him to the other side of the room where Augustine's desk was. Meyer just let her do what she wanted. There was a boy with blonde hair glaring at him.

"I come in peace," He said meekly. He knew what he was there for, he didn't want the kids to rip him apart… The boy turned his head, obviously pissed off and not giving a damn. Meyer laughed as Sina gripped his arm tighter, dragging him to the back. "Whoa –"

There he met with Augustine who looked up at a very uncomfortable Meyer. (Dammit, stop making it awkward!) Meyer was trembling, Augustine sighed and shook his head, glancing over at the child who seemed rather proud of herself. "Sina, let him go. He's friendly."

Meyer let out a chuckle as she let go of his arm, he winced and began rubbing it. The girl flicked her nose in the air and stomped off. She would get along with Bonnie – Meyer thought. Then, silence fell. Awkward silence. And the two men – two boys – met. "I'm sorry." He said first, what else was there to say? He had to say it eventually, why not now?

Augustine looked up, his lips parted a little. Not really smile, not really a frown. But when he looked down at his desk, his chin rested on his hands folded slightly…

"I'm – I'm sorry too." Meyer frowned at this. What did he have to be sorry for? "It was a mistake – my outburst. I shouldn't have…" The Professor ruffled his curly hair. Fair complexion and pink lips came to a frown, he seemed nervous too. Which was good, they understood each other… Or did they? "I – I drank too much. It was stupid."

He sighed. Meyer relaxed a little. He could be a jerk and just leave now, without any sort of resolution. But, that would be wrong. He didn't swing that way. He wasn't gay, but the way he worked was – he knew he had to resolve it. He wasn't a coward. He was freaking Blaziken Mask, hero of the night. He had to fix this.

"Don't say that," Meyer sighed, looking directly at Augustine, eyes unmoving. "We both made a mistake." But what mistake did Meyer make – was it that he let the Professor kiss him? Or was he let him run away? Make up your mind. His vigilante brother barked, Meyer cursed mentally and eventually sighed, feeling his shoulders go slack. "I – I – have felt the same way for a long time."

Okay, maybe not the best way to word it, when Augustine looked up, rather confused, his eyes shining like stars… It was like a Lilpup all cheerful, and fuck. Why was he so happy to see him like that? "I've lost someone dear to me – so I know how you feel." Loss, desperation, love and that clinging feeling like you'll never come back from a never-ending void.

And then when you find someone finally and they don't love you back.

Fuck. Here he was again, mourning to himself about the love he had lost… What would she think? Who cares? She's not here right now. And, besides you deserve to be happy.

You can't help who you fall in love with. It's merely human instincts.

Meyer felt his hands fall to his sides, he'd been clutching them into fists this entire time and damn, they were accumulating sweat right now and making this whole thing uncomfortable. When the Pokémon researcher laughed, Meyer's heart fluttered. His face melted like he had just heard a song from the past that was like a distant memory now – like something so nostalgic.

He was in love.

"We're so messed up, aren't we?"

Yeah. Meyer smiled. Yeah, we are.

Augustine sighed, getting up, his hands on his desk, looking down at whatever papers he'd been writing… But he wasn't paying attention to that, he was probably gazing into some unknown void – like falling. And right now, he was terrified. "My feelings, like I had said – are complicated and I –"

"Augustine," Meyer's breath hitched, he placed his hands on the edge of the desk, trembling a bit. Their eyes met, slowly did the Professor raise his gaze to the man he was so deeply in love with. "I think I'm in love with you." And it's okay. Because, even though he wasn't exactly sure why – he'd figure it out. Because it's okay, and he knows he has to move on. And fuck, Augustine is crying now. They're both shaking, and laughing, and – "I really mean it."

From across the table Augustine pulled Meyer in for a tight squeeze. They were laughing. God, it was so messed up. The kid was right, and yet here they were, laughing their asses off about it. His wife always loved to hear him laugh – and Augustine said he loved his laugh. "I adore you, Meyer."

They released, and they the gazed at each other some more. Like stupid teenagers falling in love for the first time, Meyer couldn't help but be captivated by this man… He rubbed his thumb over Sycamore's cheek, the man smiled for what was probably the first time in a long time. "I do to." He then proceeded to cup his face, and pull him in for a kiss.

And that's okay. We'll be okay, for whatever the reason – we'll cherish this love we have.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    Title: Confessions.

Summary: After Ash wins the Kalos League, Meyer decides to finally confess to everyone that he and Augustine are in a relationship.

Pairing: Meyer/Sycamore

+++++++++++++

Ash had won the Kalos League. Trophy in hand, he accepted a warm handshake from Diantha and another placard showcasing his certificate from Professor Sycamore. The celebration for the new champion was about to begin soon, and they would have a large feast for all the battlers that had attended the League today.

'Now if only I can slip away for a moment…' Augustine smiled as he took his picture with Ash and Diantha. As the cameras pulled away to interview the boy he looked in the crowd and there was Meyer, Sina and Dexio. Perfect timing… With Clemont and Bonnie right behind them – only the crowd blocking their view from their father.

'Looks like we'll have to come clean.'

Today was the day.

Steven turned up to congratulate Ash. It was surprising to Sawyer as he never thought he'd get to meet him this early. Alain flushed at the sight of his boyfriend mingling with the new Kalos Champion. Augustine chuckled, not knowing the teen had a jealous side to him. They were talking about how it'd be great to have a battle between Ash and Steven someday. Alain was saying how he wouldn't doubt it'd be great to watch.

Augustine simply smiled at the sight of Alain finally being happy. For once out of the nine months since Lysandre's death, he was at peace.

"Dad!" Clemont began to wave a hand as the three came through the crowd. "Huh? Who's that?"

"M-My brother and sister…" Alain ducked his head in embarrassment. "Quick hide me before she tackles me-!" They all looked, not seeing this side of Alain before. Augustine wrapped an arm around Alain so he couldn't get away. "Dad-!"

Everyone's eyes widened. "Dad?"

"Oh yeah. Alain's my kid. I adopted him. And those two are twins, his adopted brother and sister." They all waved over and Sina and Dexio came clashing into Alain and Augustine like a heard of Tarous. "Ouch – easy!"

"You fool! You said nothing about starting the Kalos League! We would've watched!" Sina stuck her hand into Alain's face and had a hand on her hip. She was sassy for a kid, but Alain loved her nonetheless. "I never get to see you battle!" She puffed up her cheeks. Alain laughed pulling the shorter girl close. "Hey- "

"Love you too sis."

The others smiled. Dexio turned to Ash and bowed. He was calmer and more reserved than his sister, less outspoken. "I'm Dexio Sycamore. It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Champion."

Ash accepted the boy's hand and laughed. "Please, call me Ash."

"I didn't know you had siblings Alain!" Bonnie's eyes lit up like diamonds. Like her and Clemont, a large family was always appealing to her since her mother died at the age of two. "A big family sounds great! I wish dad would hurry up and get married so we can have a new mommy!"

Meyer had been drinking a cup of punch and visibly choked. He had been standing next to – not too close – nor holding his hand – Augustine, the two didn't want to make it obvious. "Well… About that…"

"It would be nice if bro could get married too…" Bonnie sniggered and Clemont flushed.

"I'll choose a wife when I'm ready!" Clemont noogied her and they all laughed.

"Kids – we have an announcement to make." Augustine's face went beet red as Meyer clasped his hand. They all stared. He could deal with crowds but not with confessions like this… "The Professor – ah. Augustine and I…"

"Are in a relationship." He gripped Meyer's hand tighter, only to get a look from Alain whose eyes were wide with shock. Bonnie's face was priceless and Clemont… Was… Well… Clemont. "We have been for eight months now."

'Please, please don't kill me.' Augustine pleaded to Alain with near-tears in his eyes. But the teen kept quiet. He didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing. "Congratulations you two." Steven bowed. He then looked to Sina and Dexio who shrugged.

"We knew. Sina nearly killed Meyer at first when it first happened," Clemont's face went red. But Bonnie was again, overjoyed and glomped the two men – which they were all surprised by.

"Does this mean you two will get married?!"

Meyer coughed again. Augustine laughed. "I don't know – "He was laughing. Hugging Bonnie as she wouldn't let go. "We haven't thought that far ahead. We're just dating now."

Alain's gaze didn't leave Meyer. It was cold for a moment. Then warmed as he noticed the two nuzzled as Meyer lifted Bonnie on his shoulders, if they did get married. That meant Clemont and Bonnie would be his siblings… Not that he minded. He got along with Ash alright. And Bonnie was adorable.

"Take care of him." Finally, he said with a smile. And Meyer turned, smiling back.

"You can count on it."

"So – do we call you Augustine now?" Clemont was confused. He wasn't disapproving. But he didn't know what to call him… Bonnie was happy, and that's what mattered.

"You may still call me Professor," They set Bonnie down and she ran back to Sina who helped fix her hair.

"Are you alright Clemont?" Ash nudged his friend.

"Yeah – just fine Ash." This was surly something to get used to… But he could do it, for his family's sake.

Back