• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Orange Islands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    >>Before you read more, please take time to consider this: my RP is a COMMUNITY ROLEPLAY. We are NOT going on giant PoKeMoN MaStEr crusade or anything. Thanks!

If you have no clue how to community RP, check out my stickied thread in this forum! It helps n.n;;

Description:
    The sun shone brightly, heating the sandy beaches of Murcott island. Villagers went on with their daily lives, the village market was bustling. Kids darted imbetween adults, a sure sign school was out. The outskirting forest buzzed with the sound of the bug pok?mon that hade made Murcott island famous. Bug catchers from everywhere ventured here to capture rather elusive prey.

Fisherman out by the dock dozed in and out from the lulling heat. Their toes dabbled in the water, as magikarp swum about. The harbour was rather lacking in boats today, only three were moored there. Tomorrow was the day that the SS Milotic would bring tourists and potential homebuyers. It came on a rather sporatic schedule, so it was a treat. The newcomers would often bring a surge in Murcott's economy.

You can choose to either be a homebuyer coming off the SS Milotic, or a resident islander.

If you're coming off the ship fill out this:

Name:
    Age [18+]:
    Physical desc:
    Emotional desc:
    Reason for coming:
    Roleplay sample:

If you're an islander, plz fill out this: [Village position would be what you do. IE: Store owner, cafe owner, etc. Please name your chosen store.]

Name:
    Age [18+]:
    Village Position:
    Name of Store:
    Physical desc:
    Emotional desc:
    Roleplay Sample:

Later in the RP, you will be able to get romantically involved with others in the village and RP your kids. The relationship must be mutal and follow a real timeline. Days will pass when I say they pass.

An RP sample is required because I don't want n00bs overrunning this. There's a 70% chance that you'll be approved. If you are, I'll tell you. If you aren't, I'll say so and PM you what I need you to work on before you can join.

Once we get at least 7 members I'll post my Bio and we'll start! Thanks!

Last edited:

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
  • This sounds like it could be fun!

Name: Alex Duit (nickname Al)
    Age [18+]: 19

Village Position: Fishing Supply Shop

Name of Store: Al's I'll Catch It Shop

Physical desc: Towheaded (white hair) crew cut, blue eyes, 6' 4", slender. Usually wears brightly colored burmuda shorts, blue t-shirt w/ a picture of milotic on it, a green outdoorsman vest, off-white fisherman's hat w/ tackle stuck all over it, and blue water shoes.

Emotional desc: Energetic (almost hyper), friendly and helpful.

Roleplay Sample: Chimes ring, indicating someone has come into my shop. I look up from dusting some display shelves. "Hi there! Welcome to Al's I'll Catch It Shop. May I help you?"

I walk around the display to see Elisha Brown looking around. She was the most beatiful lady I'd ever had the pleasure to meet. We went to school together, and I'd had a secret crush on her since I was 8. "Oh, hi Elisha. Are you here for business or pleasure?" I smile, giving her a wink as I try not to show her how nervous I get every time she comes near.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    You're in "Al". n.n

I forgot to mention: Your RP sample can be about anything, and will have no bearings on the Orange Islands RP.

justokre

Open your eyes.
    Years
  • Name: Tyler Dostie
    Age [18+]: 18
    Physical desc: Average heigth, average width. He's got thick, black hair that falls in random curly clumps to his eyes, His eyes match, with a dark brown. He's commonly got a scruffy bit of facial hair, and a few accesories on his wrists; namely a leather watch and red band with the word "Love" imprinted on it.
    Emotional desc: Many might say Tyler is an emotional wreck, having been treated quite poorly by the gals of his past. He makes an honest attempt to maintain stability however, thus is usually a pretty fun person to be around. He's got the goofy humor, but usually just laughs, rather than enjoying to be in the spotlight much. A very creative and unique individual, Tyler's openmindedness often make him seem weird or even crazy, since he believes in such things as telekinesis and aliens.
    Reason for coming: Deciding to start a new life and nice island, Tyler saved up his money from a simple job as a bookstore cashier, and sailed here to buy a nice house and begin his Pok?mon career.
    Roleplay sample:
    Clearing his throat, and turning to the crowd with an air of something in between extreme confidence, and insanity, Tyler raised his hands and suggested loudly, "Hey guys, watch this!"

He was standing on the railing of the ship. The wind whipped around him, shaking his shirt and slapping his hair on random spots of his head and face. When he'd decided enough of the ship attendants had their eyes on him, he turned and flipped downward, right pff the boat! A long, drawn out "aaaaah" was abruptly cut short, as his body splashed underneath the surface of the ocean.

ooc- Hehe, sorry for the random rp sample. I couldn't think of much else, so I just threw whatever stupid idea came up first.

Last edited:

Al Duit

Pokemon Friend
    Years
  • I knew the sample roleplay wouldn't have any bearing on the actual one, because there may not be a female character with that name. I just thought it'd be fun to use the character I'll be playing. :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    Tyler's in! 4 more members to go ^^

I forgot to mention we'll be using the standard OOC and BIC tags for RPing. If anyone isn't familiar with that. Which you should be >>;

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    OOC: Pok?mon are used at your desgression. Since this isn't a strict training RP, you can have however many you want withing reason. They're good supporting members.

"BIC" is the same as "IC" It means "Back in Character".

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
  • Name: Okita or Oki
    Village Position: Refreshment Stand
    Name of Store: Tropical Chillers
    Physical desc: Bright gold eyes, short dark blue hair, a green tank top, blue jean shorts, a green headband, and green sweat bands both wrists.
    Emotional desc: She calm and sarcastic at the worst of times. She is almost always cheerful and carefree. She is friendly and cares very deeply about all of her friends. She loves adventure and is rather stubborn and tough. She will always help those who need it and never backs down from a fight even if she knows she can't win. She is intellegent and always willing to make sacrifices for those she cares about.
    Roleplay Sample: Okita stepped back with wide eyes. "Don't make me ask you again little girl. Hand over your Pokemon and any valuable items you have with you."

"No way!" Okita replied. She stared defiantly at the man who was threatening her.

"Well then I guess I'll have to take them by force won't I?" Said the man with a nasty smile. He had red hair and eyes to match. His shirt was dark brown and his faded jeans had holes in both knees. He pulled out a Pokeball and tossed it into the air. "Go Destro!" A Tyranitar appeared adn roared angrily. It had many scars all over it's body and it's eyes were full of rage.

Okita gulped but pulled out her own Pokeball. "Go Eevee!" A small brown and white dog Pokemon appeared and stared unflinchingly at Tyranitar. Suddenly Okita heard footsteps running towards them. She hoped it wasn't another thug. She didn't stand a chance against this guy as it was.

Last edited:
    Years
  • OOC: Well, this will be my first PC Role-Play since returning, if I'm accepted. ^__^ Sounds fun. I've always wanted to do something like this, just never tried it out.

Name: Chad Sakai
    Physical description: Chad's attire consists of a khaki pair of cargo shorts, a blue t-shirt with a white star splashed upon it, and necklace with a sea shell hung on the end. His hair is golden brown, with a slightly tanned complexion to accompany it. His eyes match the color of his hair, which can see things high and low, as he stands at a confident six feet and four inches. He is of a medium build, towering over some people.
    Emotional description: Very observant in nature, Chad takes notice of most things that will lie uncovered to others. He is very studious and serious in his work, but loves to be humorous at the appropriate times as well. Chad had been deemed an "over-achiever" by his peers earlier, though it is because of this hard work and determination that he is so further advanced in his knowledge than others his age.
    Reason for coming: Chad has boarded the SS Milotic in hopes of continuing his training and quench his thirst for knowledge. He knows tid-bits about the Orange Islands, and wants to see for himself exactly how great the islands are. His grandfather used to unviel various bed-time stories to him, recollecting on his days as a trainer in the Islands. Prompted by the stories grand and eloquent substance, Chad wishes to live the same tale his grandfather disclosed him with.
    Roleplay sample: Orbs of dirt quickly constructed and then dissipated as Chad's feet repetitiously walked one after the other. The grass laid softly among the edge of the pathway, accompanying Chad on his walk, often serving as an object of familiarity that he could look back on when thinking on while in a 'zone'. The anticipation built up inside him could not be contained anymore; it had been pent up far too long. This thought constantly plagued Chad as he set his eyes upon the grass.

The sun beamed a golden light upon the earth, serving as a beacon of light and hope to guide Chad towards the fateful building in which he would start the first true adventure of his life. Flower petals were gleaming in the light, tree's looked as if they were made of gold, and the sky's clouds looked angelic and celestial. He knew that this would be a day of greatness - however he knew not that this would be in more ways than one.

Keeping up the pace, with his black lab coat snapping in the wind as he briskly strolled down the pathway, Chad knew he was ever so close to his desired destination. It was within grasp... It was his carrot atop the end of the stick. Almost suddenly, Chad stumbled to find himself in front of the lab in which he had waited so many years to find. It was as if he had forgotten the anxiety that the journey here had bestowed upon him, as he knew only he was in the here and now, not longer having to dwell on the "when."

Climbing up the slope, one foot in front of the other, Chad reached the white pavement that engrossed the lab. He saw the wooden doors that metaphorically stood in front of him, automatically opening when he drew closer. Observing a man with quite harsh features, such as a thicket of a mustache, Chad knew that this was the man whom would bestow him with the promise of a true journey.

However, while observing the lab in all its glory, Chad also took note of the people inside the lab. At first, he saw no one he recognized, and to further accelerate his disappointment, he saw no signs of Pok?-Balls or Pok?mon. He knew not of the validity of the lab, as this was only a place recommended to him by a distant source. Abruptly his attitude changed, however, as he set his eyes upon the beauty that was that of an old friend. The mere sight set his mind on ease; there are not many more greater feelings than seeing one that you have truly admired again. The prolonged elapse between the times in which they saw each other seemed like an eternity, yet only served as a drastically appropriate emphasis to the feeling in which Chad experienced at this time.

"Hello...," Chad debonairly stated. He did not aspire to create a ruckus. He wanted to be smooth in greeting, however this was a sharp contradiction with what was going on in Chad's mind. If he had it his way, he would tackle her and give her the biggest hug of her life. Smiling, he awaited to hear words slip from her mouth as well.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    Marill- Awesome sample, you're in n.n;;

If one more person comes, I'll post my form and we'll start. CRPs need a fair amount of people.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • Name: Rey Schneider
    Age [18+]: 20
    Physical desc: Lean, compact, appears to have a rather light build; dark blue hair with a silver streak, silvery blue eyes
    Emotional desc: Though often calm and somewhat distant, Rey is usually fairly tolerant of those about him. Intelligent and observant, Rey occasionally may become slight irritable or entirely cold if he becomes heavily focused on a certain subject. Also, Rey may, every now and again, suddenly and inexplicably have an overwhelming desire to be alone. When he is in a more amiable mood, his eyes will gain a greater blue colour, while they will fall to silver when he desires isolation.
    Reason for coming: Rey was born in the Orange Islands. However, when he was young, several undesirable events drew him away from his home. Though much of his memory regarding his childhood is lost, Rey desired to return to the place of his birth in an attempt to rediscover his past. Unfortunately, he is unsure on which island he was born. Murcott Island, however, is the island he most highly suspects.
    Roleplay sample:

Golden sunlight streamed down upon a lone, shadowed figure standing erect upon the shore of the small island. As a breeze fluttered past him, Rey lightly brushed a few strands of hair from his wintery eyes. This place . . . I feel as though I know it. The male gently shielded his eyes from the sun as he gazed upward, the sky's cheerful azure reflecting into his narrowed eyes. All of this seems familiar . . . but-- Rey lowered his hand as well as his gaze. This isn't the place. I know it.

Without a word, Rey turned and started away, the echo of the relentless tide filling his ears and awakening unreachable memories.

Whiteheaven

May find the power within.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2005
    Name: Tsukari Rikutsuki
    Physical desc:
    Tsuki is a teen girl with unordinary physic, which looks like a bit too small for her age --- 160 cm. She has a long silvery hair that can touch her legs, and a pair of prefectly match silver-turqouise eyes. Tsuki usually wears her long black leather jacket outside, and a light purple tank-top inside. For the lower part, she loves her black jeans, and always use it everywhere she goes.

Emotional desc: Tsuki has a weird attitude -- it can changes between cool, cocky, cute, or even funny. But usually, the cocky one cames out. Pokemon always gets a weird interest on her, always try to be next to her, and she loves it. She doesn't really like human at all. She is an orphan, and rarely got some best friends (human!). Before pass out, her father is a famous Yakuza, and others believes that Tsuki is born to be mean like her father does.

Reason for coming: Trying to explore more places, searching for a new journey, having more fun with her Pokemon. And maybe, searching for a new friends. Or boyfriends....

Roleplay sample:

Hikari flying around the forest, searching for some food. Her life is too peaceful, and it makes her life boring. Peaceful life is not as colorful as she thoughts, and now she is searching for some sensation, that like will never comes.
    She looks around and sighed when figured out that no Pokemon or human around her. Or maybe, they are just won't show up in front of Hikari?
    Hikari bit some fruit and fly back to her nest, on the top of a big tree. She enjoy her food, also the view from up there. Now what she wants is adventure.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    Tsukari, you're in! I'll post my form and we'll get started! Sorry this took me so long...PC has been acting a bit crazy for me.

Name: Ken'ichi
    Age [18+]: 35
    Village Position: Mayor
    Name of Store: - [City Hall]
    Physical desc: Ken'ichi has shaggy silver hair. His vibrant green eyes contrast quite a bit with it. Most of the time he wears jeans and a tshirt. He's of medium height, so about 5'7 and always carries a pokeball on his belt, although no one's seen what Pok?mon is in the 'ball.
    Emotional desc: Since Ken'ichi is the mayor, he's disciplined him self a lot. Patience and kindness are two things he's practiced all his life and it shows. Sometimes he substitutes at the school if no one else will.

OOC: Someone on the boat please start...that way we can react once the boat gets into view n.n

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
  • [OOC: Er . . . am . . . I accepted? If not, I will delete this post . . . ]

Rey leaned silently on the boat's railing, his wintery blue eyes set alight by the shimmering sea. Gentle spray rose from the ocean foam to brush his features and shield him from the afternoon heat granted by the sun above. Lightly tossing his head to shift his hair and cool himself in a passing zephyr, Rey's glance passed over the nearing island. Murcott . . . I wonder . . .

Returning his gaze to the sea, Rey thoughtfully fingered the Pokeball hanging from his chain necklace. I suppose . . .

An announcement rang out from a speaker overhead. "Now docking at Murcott Island."

. . . I'll see soon enough.

[OOC: Hopefully that was acceptable . . . ]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back