The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.
Feel like talking about Pokémon manga? Check this out! Want to discuss and share Pokémon music and videos? Click here!

Old June 16th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Innocence
PC Lurker: I'm watching you...

Nature: Lonely
What is the craziest cheat you've heard of?
This is not a competition like the other thread, This is a discussion.

Mine is some thing along the lines of: Beat the elite four 20 times then talk to Prof. Oak, He will give you the HM 07 jump then teach it to a hitmonlee and Jump over the fence to bills yard There is an egg examine it, Then bill will run into his yard shouting:"What are you doing in my yard??? Never mind, Prof. Oak has died!" Then bill will take you to Prof. Oak's funeral then Prof. Elm will lead you to Prof. Oaks back yard and he will say:"Prof. Oak left you one of these pokeballs in his will. Go on, Pick one." Then you can choose Mew Ho-oh or Celebi.

I cringe at things I've said here in the past years.
Old June 16th, 2005, 09:12 PM
LunaticSteven
Carmella is hott =D

that cheat sounds so impossible and yet, soo not true =D

one cheat I heard of...meh, I've got to think about it for awhile

I am LunaticJohnny's older brother IRL

I am paired with ~AngelMina~

I <3 Carmella *glomps Carmella*

I am a proud Carmellaholic! Put this in your signature if you are a Carmellaholic
Old June 16th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Jirachi3
Advanced Trainer

Nature: Naughty
the one where this happens:

1.get all the regis
2. put registeel in the party first then regirock then regice
3.go to battle fronteir and you will start to glow
4.a draquanza(rayquaza's brother???)will attack you and then give you a pokeball if you beat or catch him
5. chose a pokemon you think is inside:celebi,mew,jirachi(it will always be what you guess)
6.then your rival will find another pokeball with Deoxys inside
7.then he challenges you to the ultimate battle!!!!!!
Old June 16th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Dee Trier
Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dee Trier Send a message via Yahoo to Dee Trier
place all the unknown in a box and place an unknown key and you get cellebi.
the other say make a party with unknown to get pokemon you want so make a party of unknown c-e-l-e-b-y to get an celeby

Old June 16th, 2005, 09:44 PM
kohei
Pizzaman.

Nature: Mild
One of those "get Ho-oh in Red/Blue/Green" cheats I used to hear.
Old June 20th, 2005, 03:46 AM
Smarties-chan
Should've had that name change

A boy in my class once told me this
In pokemon Silver/Gold go to MT silver or whatever the Mountain where Red is. Go to the entrance take two steps Right one step down and one left now Drop a Max Elixir there wait for one Day and come back 23:30 PM there will be another entrance to MT Silver go inside and you will battle Mew and he will hold a rare candy that cheat was so stupid.
Old June 20th, 2005, 03:50 AM
Eon-Rider
An "Original" PC Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I remember seeing one where you talk to lots of the same people lots of times.

ANYTHING works in-game

Want a free PokePark Meowth?

If you think my posts are rude then you can't handle the truth.
Old June 20th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Baker's Bulbasaur
Pokemon Bard

Nature: Relaxed
Ok here was one I heard of....

get evee, vaporeon, flareon and jolteon is ur party at Lv 100, and nothing else in ur party

go talk to bill, and he will say

''well will you look at that, you have all my favourite pokemon, you know what, you have made my day, ill tell you a secret, you know near the S.S anne, there is a small caravan, well go there and try moving it, go on, you will get a good suprise!''

so you go to it, and there is a note next to it saying

''Push this to unveal a secret!''

so you puch it with strength, and upon entering, you are automatically taken to asome wierd garden like place, Bill comes out and says...

''well well, you found my garden, it is full of rare pokemon, well as your here, take a loomk around''

and there is grass where u can catch snubbel, marill, and togepi

LOL, that one was crazy!

^ R a c h e l ^

''You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark, I was born into it, moulded by it.
I didn't see the light until I was already a man, and by then it was nothing to me but blinding
''

Twitter | Facebook
Old June 20th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Dragonfree
Teh Spwriter. :3

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Dragonfree Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dragonfree
The craziest cheat I've ever heard goes like this:

1. Do not battle the Youngster with a Slowpoke on the way to Bill's house. Don't battle the Gambler near the underground path between Celadon and Lavender either.
2. Get Fly.
3. Go to Celadon City and take the underground path to Lavender. Step out but don't continue. Save, then go one step down and quickly press start. If done correctly, the Gambler will not see you. Choose Pokmon, select your Pokmon with Fly and fly to Cerulean City.
4. Your start button will stop working. Walk up Nugget Bridge and battle the Youngster.
5. Now your start button works. Fly to Lavender Town and exit it to the west. Suddenly your start menu will pop up. Press B.
6. A wild level 7 Mew will attack you as soon as the start menu is gone. Catch it and save.

Yup, totally ridiculous. We all know you can't fly away from trainers before they see you, the start button doesn't just stop working and then start working again, and your start menu doesn't just pop up out of nowhere. Not to mention that Mew isn't in the game.

...Then it turned out to work.

Still not going to sprite for your fangame. Sorry, but I don't really sprite or give out permission for people to use my fake Pokémon anymore.
Old June 20th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Smeargle_boy
The king of smeargles!

Location: At the Smeargle kingdom, like always (not telling you where it is!)
Some kid in my old class made this up:
(I actually tried it:dead: )

This is for G/S/C:

Go into sprout tower and on the top floor, go to the bellsprout painting (behind the monk that gives you HM05) and enter a code. Then jump down the hole in the pillar and you will fight a trainer. All he has is a mew that knows Pink Bubble and some other stuff. If it uses Pink Bubble, mew becomes invincible for the rest of the battle, so you would have to reset. If you beat Mew, then the trainer will give you mew so you can keep.

I STILL THINK IT IS EMBARRASSING THAT I TRIED IT! :dead::dead:

Code:
Visit my Adopt-A-Pokemon thread where you can adopt many pokemon! 

Proud Founder of the Politoed Poli-fanclub

My adoptions:
Thanks to Lonepichu for theese:

Thanks to Valdorath for theese:

And, my trainer card!

My other Trainer Card!

Any comments???

How do you like this?

Visit my Request-o-Matic today!
Click here for the Pokemon Creator's Homepage!!!

please join my forum today. We are short on members.
Next 45 to join gets to be mods!
Old June 20th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Naito

Heres one a person told me.

1. Get all johto and hoenn starters and save.
2. Catch at least 20 more pokemon.
3. Then you'll find a cave called "Genesis Cave" anywhere in Hoenn.This cave links to johto and kanto.
4. At the cave, wild pokemon have attacks that lowers the level of pokemon.
5. Get to johto and complete that region, then complete kanto.
6. Go back to Prof. Birch's lab and you'll find all the heroes and rivals from other pokemon games in the lab.You will battle all of them.
7. When you win, talk to Prof. Birch.He'll give you powerful clones of the pokemon belonging to the pokemon trainers you just faced at level 5.
8. Go to "Genesis Cave" and you'll find Rukario.Battle it and capture it.
9. Then you'll be able to go to the orange islands and orre by traving through the "Genesis Cave".

Credit to Vivaa for the theme.
Old June 20th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Kratos
ghostofsparta

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kratos Send a message via Yahoo to Kratos
Did the person say the version was Ruby/ Sapphire/Emerald?
Old June 20th, 2005, 02:01 PM
QFred
Behold...

I remenber one about having all the regions in one game!!!

Only Emerald!

1. Have all 386 Pokmon
2. Have beaten the Elite4 and the Battle Frontier Gold
3. Trade between all versions (including GS)
4. Talk to Birch, he will give you a Region Pass
5. In Slateport or Lilycove you can go to every region in the games

6. When you finish them talk to Elm, he will tell you about a new discovery above the Lake of Rage
7. Go there and find a cave
8. Thae cave will lead you to the upper part of Johto, there you'll find Birch which will trade your dex for a new one, updated with more Pokmon.
9. Now you can get Munchlax, Mime Jr., Bonsly, Manyula, etc...

Pretty stupid don't ya think!! I think at least you won't have to talk to same person several times or beat the league other several times! And it is not supported because you can't trade between the Color/Metal games and the Advance ones
Old June 22nd, 2005, 09:14 AM
~Amethyst_Callista_Moon~
Ribbon Mint Echo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfree
The craziest cheat I've ever heard goes like this:

1. Do not battle the Youngster with a Slowpoke on the way to Bill's house. Don't battle the Gambler near the underground path between Celadon and Lavender either.
2. Get Fly.
3. Go to Celadon City and take the underground path to Lavender. Step out but don't continue. Save, then go one step down and quickly press start. If done correctly, the Gambler will not see you. Choose Pokmon, select your Pokmon with Fly and fly to Cerulean City.
4. Your start button will stop working. Walk up Nugget Bridge and battle the Youngster.
5. Now your start button works. Fly to Lavender Town and exit it to the west. Suddenly your start menu will pop up. Press B.
6. A wild level 7 Mew will attack you as soon as the start menu is gone. Catch it and save.

Yup, totally ridiculous. We all know you can't fly away from trainers before they see you, the start button doesn't just stop working and then start working again, and your start menu doesn't just pop up out of nowhere. Not to mention that Mew isn't in the game.

...Then it turned out to work.
That cheat is actually real. I'm not joking!
Old June 22nd, 2005, 10:41 AM
Alana
I still love this world...

Heres one I heard from some kid several years ago.

(Silver) Lugia

Board the S.S. Aqua and simply ride it as usual. When you get to land and are walking across the docks be careful. Lugia will swoop down to battle. If you win cool that's great. If you catch it cool that's great. But if you lose Lugia will grab you, swoop into the sky, then drop you. You will hit the ground and die. Then Prof. Oak, Prof. Elm, and your mom will all come, stand around you, start crying, then carry you away. You will then automatically lose the game and all of your data will be erased.

I was a kid so I belived him. I must have saved fifty times on the SS Aqua incase I lost. I was going to turn off the game before Lugia killed me. :dead:

~Reopened~

Spoiler:
Thought you'd see something interesting here, didn't ya? :D

Finally Alyssa spoke again, her eyes locked on the ball in my hand. “That isn’t an ordinary Pokeball. We call it the Soul Ball. The Pokemon inside it is very special. It represents who and what you are at the very deepest level. It is essentially your soul in physical form.”

“My soul,” I whispered, awe struck. “So that’s what you meant by my ‘soul companion’.”
~Faye
Old June 22nd, 2005, 11:37 AM
Dragon-Chan
Dragondragondragondragon

A kid told me this once:
In E/FR/LG:

1. Get the ticket to Birth Island.
2. Go into battle with Deoxys
3. Get Deoxys down to exactly one hit point then run from it.
4. Do the Deoxys summon again and Deoxys will appear in all its forms, and they will all be shiny Deoxys at level 5.
5. You will enter an 8-Pokemon battle (4 on each side) with all the shiny Deoxys forms.
6. Throw two great balls and a Pokeball at each of them and you will catch them.

I never got a Ticket to Birth Island, so I don't know if it works or not. This cheat is so crazy, though, that there's probably about a 0000000000000000000000000000.00000001 chance that it works.

Signature on vacation

Old June 22nd, 2005, 11:42 AM
Latias Lover!
the forgotten cherry blossom

Here is some of the stupidest cheat I ever heard to get Jirachi.
(R/S/ maybe Emerald)

1. Capture all Hoenn Pokemon (200) and don't catch the National ones. You must not see more than 200 Pokemon.
2. Go to the tall grass by Fortree.
3. Keep walking around until you find a Jirachi in the tall grass.
4. You can catch it too!

I never dared try it though I do have 200 Hoenn Pokemon!
Old June 22nd, 2005, 01:47 PM
Dragonfree
Teh Spwriter. :3

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Dragonfree Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dragonfree
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Angel Vaporeon*~
That cheat is actually real. I'm not joking!
Umm, yes, I know. *points to the last line*

My whole point was that the Mew trick, while it does work, is absolutely ridiculous. I first found it a few years ago, long before The Scythe posted it at GameFAQs (which was when the trick became known), and it was so stupid I literally laughed at it and left the website rolling my eyes.

Still not going to sprite for your fangame. Sorry, but I don't really sprite or give out permission for people to use my fake Pokémon anymore.
Old June 24th, 2005, 03:50 AM
Shinin
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shinin
In R/B, use a gameshark to go to Grandfather Canyon where you can find Togepi. Then you can either evolve it into some pokemon that I forgot about by giving it a water stone or by having 5 of them in your party at once so they do a dance and fuse to make the pokemon.
Old June 24th, 2005, 08:04 AM
BassX
Pokemon Master

ive heard a lot of crazy cheats,but i will only post 2 (that is ok right,that i post 2 instead of 1) right now and post more later.ive heard crazier cheats than this,but.....well,here it is:

on ur acro bike,do 10 jumps outside then go in a PKMN center and jump 15 times and u will encounter rare PKMN in the grass (what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!u cant ride ur bike in a PKMN center or any building for that matter!!!)
and i just had to post this 1this cheat...oh my bad,did i say cheat?i mean...sorry back to the cheat.well,this cheat is for PKMN red and blue)

when u battle mew2,faint it and fly to cinnibar island and surf and u should encounter mew2 again in the water,battle and faint it(i thought we already fainted mew2)then go to ur house and go inside and ur mom has been kidnaped by mew2(wait...didnt we faint him already)then go to ur room and mew will be there talk to him and he will say:i will avenge my brother(any of u that has seen the 1st PKMN movie know that mew2 started out evil and is evil in the game,so why would mew want to avenge his brother since mew is good and mew2 is evil........and mew cant talk in the first place he only says his name)and when the battle starts mew is on level 999999999999999999999(what that wouldnt even fit on the screen)

thanks lonepichu
Kyregrock type:rock/water
Kyregice type:ice/water
Kyregsteel type:steel/water
Created by Me
Old June 24th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Chiru
I dun use this account any mo'

The craziest cheat I've ever seen... I really don't think it's appropriate to post on here

Okay, second and third craziest:

HOW TO CATCH DIGIMON IN G/S/C (I actually fell for this too :dead: )

Find a pokemon that looks like/resembles a Digimon (Charmander = Agumon, Meowth = Gatomon, etc). Catch the pokemon, then press down, left, A and B. If you go to Goldenrod city there will be a new building called the Digital House. Go inside and all the Digimon tamers (Tai and all those other people) will be there. Go upstairs and all their Digimon will be there. Go up to one you want, talk to him, and he'll say "You look nice. Will you be my partner?" Say "yes" and you have yourself a Digimon.

There was another crazy cheat about a hidden whirl island, a talking suicune, and "Death Dragon", but I don't remember how it goes.
Old June 25th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Rukia
Beginning Trainer

Catch 100 caterpies and train them all to lvl 15 but don't let it evolve. Then put 99 of them in you pokemon storage system and put 1 caterpie in your party. Train it to lvl 20 and let it evolve and it will evolve into a Mew. :dead: :D
Old June 25th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Alana
I still love this world...

I made up a cheat for Emerald because I was bored but I haven't been able ot get anyone to try it yet.

Call your rival 250 from the same spot. Just keep calling and calling. When he/she picks up on the 251 call he'll/she'll say, "Stop calling me already!" an hang up. You call him/her once more and he/she will ask you where you are and you'll tell him/her. He/she will then say, "Stay there." Then your rival will walk up to you and say, "Let's battle. If I win then I get to erase my number from your Pokenav and you never call or talk to me again. If you win yo can call me all you want." And then you battle. If you lose you'll never hear from or see your rival again and won't be able to call him/her because their number will have been deleted. If you win then your rival will beg you not to call so much and promise to give you something if you don't call them again until you become the champion. He'll/she'll ask if you agree. If you say no then he'll/she'll leave slowly and nothing will happen. If you say yes then don't call him/her until you become champion. If you do he'll/she'll say you broke your word and now he/she won't give you anything. But if you don't then when you become the champ and your rival appears to congradulate you he'll/she'll say, "Well you kept your word. So here is what I promised you." Then he'll/she'll hand you an egg that'll hatch into a level five Rukario.

Yeah I know it's a bad cheat. But I was bored and just calling my rival again and again for no reason and I just came up with it.

~Reopened~

Spoiler:
Thought you'd see something interesting here, didn't ya? :D

Finally Alyssa spoke again, her eyes locked on the ball in my hand. “That isn’t an ordinary Pokeball. We call it the Soul Ball. The Pokemon inside it is very special. It represents who and what you are at the very deepest level. It is essentially your soul in physical form.”

“My soul,” I whispered, awe struck. “So that’s what you meant by my ‘soul companion’.”
~Faye
Old June 25th, 2005, 01:18 PM
pokejungle
cherяubi яed

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to pokejungle Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pokejungle Send a message via Yahoo to pokejungle
Oh....there was a LONG one that started out with a magikarp named Gannondorf XD

And then there was one about trading a togepi egg for an oddish and it'd hatch into a greenepi XD I tried that one o.o'

Old June 25th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Chibi-chan
The Freshmaker!
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
It's for emerald...(fell for it :dead

Beat the Elite four two times all entirely with only the old 150 pokemon then go to Birch and he will give you a Charmander, Squirtle or a Bulbasaur. -.-;;

/ / ////
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links