• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm leaving. Bye!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
This'll be the third time I write this (1st time in HQ, 2nd in the Lounge and 3rd here), but I've made this one a bit different than the previous two. Why? Half the forum wouldn't have understood the complicated and complex vocabulary that I used in describing my up and coming departure, but I'll say it in terms that, quite frankly, a 5 year old could understand:

YOU PEOPLE MAKE ME SICK!

I come on here at times, look at a random thread in somewhere like OC, or OE or evern PG, and want to physically vomit in my shoes. My shoes cost me ?70 (about $150), so if I vomit in them, I'm not going to get a new pair until I save up for them. My point is that I get so disgusted with the lack of quality in posts that it makes me want to throw up at times.

I'm sorry for the 2% of members reading this that can actually hold an intelligent conversation without resorting to raping people, or acting bigotted (don't know what that means? go suck a lemon) about anyone else's opinion, or even just plainly verbally abusing my mind with a lack of proper grammar and ettiquette towards others, but the saying: "The majority has to pay for the minority's actions" really comes into reverse gear for this place.

If I had joined this place today as a blissful 13 year old Pokemon fan, I would have taken one look at it and run a mile. What would I have seen? A place where everything has gone to pot. I've said before that everywhere had gone to pot apart from the Other Games and Entertainment section, but now even that place ? a place where I could once go in the security of being safe from n00bs ? is infested with human preteen cockroaches who think that fanboyism, Green Dayism and general lack of spelling-ism is acceptable, if not encouraged by the forum society.

OC is and always has been the hive of popularity of PC. When I joined last April, it was filled with thriving discussion of current events, the famous One Above and the Relative Spam-free DCC. Look at it today. The DCC ? where people think it?s OK to RAPE other people! And we?re allowing this twisted monstrosity to go on, MOTMs - the second popularity contest - where members vote solely for their friends and nothing else, 5 second flash movies that numb the mind every time you see them, and general spamtastic threads such as "The Pets thread" or "Pairing Up" or "The Twin Thread" or "The Evil-Deranged-Lunatic-Conscience Thread" which really nowadays is a load of bollocks.

Then there's MCG. From the demodding of Haruka onwards, there has been nothing but downhill reputation in my opinion at least. Firstly, it now houses the most postcount in the entire forum, being 1/5 of its post count. Granted it has 2 subforums, but still that's extraordinary for any forum. 2/3 of those posts come from the worst decision ever made on PC: Member Clubs. What is the point in having a club for a member? With 3/4 of those posts being: "Hi _________ how are you! I want to kiss your arse and suck up to you so much because I love you and everything!" All of it is spam. You can't discuss ANYTHING in a member fan club, which defies the object of the club in the first place. The majority of the other clubs on PC I have no problems with (bar the ones started by n00bs who only start them to get popularity quickly).

Next, to a lesser extent, there's OVP. When I first looked there, there was originally a rules stating that there had to be explanation for each answer you gave to a poll. Hey look! I think I see that rule flying out of the window and burning in the pits of Hades! 90/95% of posts are just as bad as the crap Toto makes everywhere she goes. Everything seems to be a one line answer, or at least a maximum of say 20 words. I can see it escalading into OC if something isn't stopped.

And with that I say farewell PC. If I didn't actually like anyone here, I'd say go rot in hell, but since there are a few, I say to them find yourself a lifeboat... for this place will go to the dogs eventually. I leave you with a quote, although to find out what it means, you'll need to work that out for yourself. Goodbye PC.

觸怒你白癡的攪拌棒,去發現一些其他糞洞大批滋生。

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
Years
WoW that represents everything I think about the PC. And I stated it a few times... But nobody listens. That is why is stopped posting in the DCC and gone of to other smaller forums that actually ban n00bs(people who break the rules constantly). If the "fall" of PC continues I will also leave.

P.S. For the more slower ones bigotted means when you are intolerant to other people's opinions.

Oh and a finally P.S. Very nice writting. I didn't have to push my brain to it's limits to understan it ^_^

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 3, 2006
I was shocked when I saw the way this place changed when I left. I'm sure you'll be missed. Goodbye~

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
Years
I'll miss you and so will a bunch of people
Wow! Emerald Sky, Charon-chan, Jack O'Neill and Obelisk-kun are with me at the same time.
Honestly, I just ignore the n00bness. I do fine here, it's easy to ignore.
Besides if n00bness bugs you, come to Bulbagarden, you wont be sorry.

Years
*sigh* I admit it, tch, I'm one of those members yar talkin' about who spam up an' infest tha forum an' should rot in hell, MCD. -_-

Still, tch, PC ain't a bad place. <3

I hope ya find happiness wherever yar headed, tch, an' maybe one day Return here, even just for as much as pure boredom or curiosity.

Cya, tch, an' may tha postcount be with ya, always. ^^ *gives a millitary sallute*

Charon

unscrupulous~
Years
As long as the roleplay board stays nice and literate, I'll stay.

On the whole, though...I think all big forums are going to the dogs. Too many people, too many idiots.

Welcome to the internet. Please leave all expectations of the human race at the door!

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
You know, Jon, you could've just left without any fuss or fanfare. No need to waste our time or yours.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I'll hold out my personal views on this, I'd probably get whipped by a few people if I said what I really thought. Anyway, nice working with you, see when I see ya...and yeah, gotta lock this.

[Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back