• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Is Your Favourite Episode?

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
Years
  • Which episode did you enjoy watching the most?

Please give a reason for the one you chose.

I did a search and I didn't find a thread like this.

Years
  • I really liked "Pikachu's Goodbye" from the old Kanto season. It was such a touching, yet sad episode. I thought it also showed the separation between humans and Pokemon well. It was just a good episode in general.
    I think the episodes in the Orange Island series where Ash battles and wins against Drake were amazing! I loved them so much, so that's what I have to say. ^^

Years
  • Ahh, i will not have to think hard for this one!

The first eevee episode ( the one in kanto )
    With the 3 eevee brothers
    I found that to be a upsetting, and yet a amazing episode
    * giggles * ohh yeah, i also love eevee =3

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
  • Fave eppy? Hmmm...This ones a toughie. I love the one when Ash is fighting Richie in the Pokemon League. I guess that was cool.

Years
  • I have favorites each season, but all time? Hmm...

Tough one but I'd say "Battle aboard the St. Anne." Quite the drama with Giovanni's first appearance. Not to mention we see the Dan'in (the sub henchmen) and the fact Jessie and James' string of failures are not unnoticed by the Boss Rocket. We get a good setup of the overall organization and creativity with Giovanni's Dr. Claw shtick. And the beginning of one of the best multi parters in the series. Plus when converting the canon St. Anne to the show, they thought of something unique and insert the Rockets in an operation. A wonderful idea because truthfully, fighting Team Rocket is far more interesting than fighting a bunch of anonymous trainers.

Other notes: Eric Stuart's James was a hoot, marvelous. The animation was superb, the music, the sights, the Ash subplot with the trading was well touched upon with an appropriate maudlin setting and overall, very vibrant with the production valves. Complete with a nice brisk pace, done just right (which is weird, given the pacing problem of this series).

Even the dub hit all the marks as they obviously must have put on quite the first impression with their dubbing (it was the first episode aired) on this one. Their best effort.

It is my favorite and great filler, which is something I can't say for this series. Quite the irony.

Although "Battle for the Badge" is a dangerous close second. Hmm...

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
  • My all-time favorite is also the first episode I ever watched: "Holy Matrimony!"

Goodness, I love that episode. James' family is just such fun to watch. Funny, a little sad, and extrememly weird; it was a bundle of varying emotions! Plus, I loved little Growlie (I prefer to spell it "ie" to "y"), it's nice to see a faithful pokemon that truly loves James, other than Koffing/Wheezing of course. I loved it when Jessie and Meowth begin to suspect that they're visible to everyone. Too funny! It even ends with a tiny bit of hinted romance for the shipper in us all. They should really do another episode about James' deranged family and fiancee.

Though, if I ever have to see Jessebelle in that outfit again, holding a whip, I might die. XD

Years
  • Very good point, Light, I have often wondered about if his parents would return (particularly when we started Hoenn) and try again, and with the Battle Frontier stuff, I hope they do return.

But yes, for best character episode, that would be the one. The ending was quite touching.

My favorite for writing: Forest Grumps, the dub's third season finale. It wasn't anything on the twerps, but the Rockets as we see them actually reflect on their miserable lives (we never see this anymore in Hoenn) and wondering "would life be better if we quit Team Rocket right now?" Such insight into one's identity is quite rare (particularly in this series as it should have been done already, although James' musing with the Meowth cult one was a nice prelude), and interesting that the writers would toy with this, seeing our trio waver their loyalty to the corps.

It was Jessie's best episode with this reflection. The ending was the clicher as the implication of her misery caused by James and Meowth would spread through three seasons. The Rocketshipper material is finally returned in Season Seven and that's why I wish they'd do this type of character writing more often.

(Personal note: For those would say A Hole Lotta Trouble, don't, the episode had no emotional impact, although the James/Ash interaction was a nice start but died down quickly and James' emotional vulnerability annoyed. To Brock, okay, fine, he's empathic, but Ash? Please. If you're going to emote to an enemy, do it to one that can care about you.)

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • I have to go with the Red gyrados one. It was what I like to say Team Rocket at their best. It also showed Lance, one of th emost powerful trainers in the show with his dragonite. It also showed that Ash can't always play hero so it was purpusful in some way.

Back