• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Citrine

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
Years
  • Hack Name
    Pokémon Citrine

Hack of
    Pokémon Gold

Introduction
    This is my first attempt at a presentable hack & has evolved from others such as glitch version & af. I don't know much more than map & tileset editing so far so bear with me until it gets good (it will! mark my words).

Story
    You are a normal boy until one day you are given an opportunity to be the assistant of your local pokemon researcher. Your job is to explore your region & discover the several special types of pokemon. Once you set off you find a rival of your professor is out to prevent your research from being finished. It is now your job to try & stop him.

Features
    New Region
    New/edited Maps
    New pokemon
    New gyms.

Team
    Hacker:Me
    Mapper: Me
    Spriter: Me
    Scripter: TBC
    Text Editor: TBC
    Beta Tester: TBC

Screenshots

gold_05.png
    gold_04.png
    gold_03.png
    gold_02.png

Last edited:

viridian doubletongue

Years
  • cartmic said:
    im loving the grassy trees

I plan to do more tileset editing.

I will probably release the first beta in mid december to the end of the year.
    It will have mainly map & tile editing but some sprite editing. It will have very little or no text editing so there really won't be any story difference.

viridian doubletongue

Years
  • At the moment I am in no need of help because it is still only mapping I'm doing. I will ask for help when I need it.

Edit: at some point I will need beta testers to check for glitches & stuff.

viridian doubletongue

Years
  • I am going to add several new pokemon that you have to catch to move on. Most of them will be blocking routes until you trigger the thing that lets you battle them.

The beta will end just before the first gym with a pokemon you can't yet battle.

I will soon be posting more screens.

viridian doubletongue

Years
  • This hack is not dead.

If everything goes to plan I should be releasing the beta within the week.

I just hope that more people will take interest with this hack.

Edit: oh crap, AGIXP300 managed to screw up the rom so release will be postponed until I fix it.

Last edited:

viridian doubletongue

Years
  • You know what?
    I think I may continue this hack.

Restoring up to the point I was at shouldn't be too hard, I have a back-up but not a very recent one.

Watch out for more updates.

Back