• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signature rules and limits reviewing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Sigs with no images -
    If your sig contains no images...

You may have up to 25 lines of size 2 text
    You may have up to 15 lines of size 3 text
    You may have up to 10 lines of size 4 text
    You may have up to 3 lines of size 5 text

You may not have anything larger than size 5 text in your signature.

Sigs with banners -
    If your sig has a banner...

Sigs with banners of up to 100 X 100 To 300 X 100 pixels may have 15 lines of size 2 or 3 text, any other size may be up to 5 lines. No text bigger than size 5.

Sigs with banners between 200 X 300 To 500 X 300 pixes may have 10 lines of size 2 or 3 text, and 3 lines of anything bigger than size 3 text. No text bigger than size 5.

If you aren't sure whether or not your signature is within limits, post here and one of the staff members will tell you.

Last edited:

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • Is there any chance you could consider a filesize limit also? I'm seeing a large number of signatures that take sometimes even a couple of minutes to load. x_x And I'm sure that's still at least a few seconds (3x25 = 75 seconds per page) for people on faster connections.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • A filesize would be quite nice indeed.

*looks at mine* I think that's okay.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
  • Gack.. my PNG will kill if you put in a filesize limit. Um, there aren't any mentioning of size 1 text, so can someone please tell me if my signature is within the limits?

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • Max: Way under.

And it's not hard to get around that; save the transparent part of your banner in PNG/GIF, and the rest in JPG. If you have the quality up high enough, the difference between PNG and JPG isn't even worth noting.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
  • Y'mean, split the images? Meh, I'll try that next time then. But the qualities, I don't get that. Ah well, I'll check that out next time when I make a new banner.

Guest123_x1

How many banners am I allowed in a sig? I have one for the Molly Hale club, plus one with picture "tiles" from my hometown with its name superimposed. (what you're seeing now)

Years
  • coreystranick --If you were to take out the
    Code:
     tags, it would be. When the height of all of the images are added, its 397 pixels. There are also alot of spaces in there, too much, I do believe (I had about 15, I think? It was hard to count the spaces ^^; ). However, you have it in [code] tags, making it smaller. I know a long time back, that was discouraged. I would suggest editing it anyway. Better to be safe than sorry.
    Either put the sprites on one line (that'd reduce the height to normal standards and the width would be fine as well) or take some images out. Also, you should take some spaces out. ^^;

Dark Night -- You're fine. It's within the standards.[/color]

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • Thanks for that. I'll take out the spaces and fix the images. After that i will edit this post and wee if it is within standards

EDIT: Ok I fixed it. now is it good

Last edited:
    Years
  • I added up the total heights, and they were under 300px.
    However, it would probably be a good idea to take out some spaces. I don't know if you're supposed to count the empty lines, but if you do, it's over 10 lines. (If not, it's only 9, and as far as I can tell, that's fine). :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back