• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What new Pok?mon types would you like to see?

Years
    • MD
    • Seen Mar 17, 2007

Since the first Pok?mon games there has been only two new types added, being Dark and Steel of course. I would think as it has been so long we would have gotten at least a few more to liven it up a bit but we haven't unfortunately.

So what new types would you like to see?

As Pok?mon has types well covered I would think if they made a new type or types they have to get a bit creative like with the Dark type as all elements and types of animals are covered by the current types.

To me there are two types that could possibly be made, Light which be the opposite of Dark type like Water is to Fire. Then there be a Machine type as there already half way there with the Steel type as many look like machines though if making said type it result in there type change like how Magnemite and Magneton changed when the Steel type was introduced.

The funny thing is the Light type I'll be introducing in a Pok?mon game I'll be making soon as well as another and the Machine type was inspired by another project I am currently doing similar to Pok?mon in its nature.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've been wanting to see a Cosmic type for a while...

Deoxys, Solrock, Lunatone, and Clefairy/Clefable could be reassigned to it, and such attacks as Metronome, Cosmic Power, Morning Sun, Moonlight, and Meteor Mash can be reassigned to it.

Years
    • MD
    • Seen Mar 17, 2007
    tmbjr 2 said:
    I've been wanting to see a Cosmic type for a while...

Deoxys, Solrock, Lunatone, and Clefairy/Clefable could be reassigned to it, and such attacks as Metronome, Cosmic Power, Morning Sun, Moonlight, and Meteor Mash can be reassigned to it.
    That's interesting though I doubt it be called Cosmic as it don't seem to fit well with the names of the other types though considering there is such a thing as Cosmic Power they could possibly use said name for the type.

Years
    • MD
    • Seen Mar 17, 2007
    poke lover said:
    Rock or Ground combined with something. Its unorthodox but thats what makes it so cool.
    How about a Ground combined with Ice like Swinub/Piloswine and it look like a yeti or maybe a Rock combined with Fire and it be a lava like creature similar to Slugma/Magcargo. Maybe it could be a fiery lava dragon and it live in a volcano and be a new legendary.

Back