• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Downfalls in Pokemon over the last 10 years

DarkThunder

!\X/=|Zap|=\X/!
Years
  • Basically this thread is about many of the downfalls in Pokemon such as taking Day and Night out of the games or the fact that there's no episodes that feature Jynx (even the non-ofenssive purple-skinned one).

Years
    • MD
    • Seen Mar 17, 2007
    Well, I would say nothing they have done be what I call downfalls but more like disappointment's or let downs.

Like I couldn't understand why they took out Day and Night as it plays an interesting role in the gaming experience such as in what Pok?mon are catchable and Pok?mon's evolutions plus it gives you a sense of time while playing as when I play Pok?mon I know I can tend to lose my sense of time being immersed into the game therefore if I am playing and see it go from Day to Night I am like "Ya I been playing this a bit too much".

As for the Jynx stuff, I think even though she got a make over with her purple skin the makers of the games/Anime kind of washed there hands of her after the insinuated racist undertones she had which is why they shy away from her being seen in the Anime.

As for other changes, overall I didn't like how much of the stuff from G/S/C they didn't carry over to R/S/E when they made them. The most notable change of course being eliminating Day and Night but all the features in general I liked so I really don't see why they made the choice to not carry them over to R/S/E.

Last edited:

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • I wouldn't consider this a downfall but the animation quality has certainly decreased

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    Only having 200 in R/S was a huge let down... but then L/G was released =D

sleazel

Sleazy Sneasel Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2006
    i hate acorns - they were so stupid... berries are irritating though i unno i guess im a purist... i like building stats through battling & whatnot

Micans

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2006
    Does the anime count? It's why everyone thinks the games are kiddy (aside from the fact they're on Nintendo systems).

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • The downfall of the anime began in Johto (at least, in my opinion). The structure got so bland and tedious; it was painful watching it. x_X; The games are alright, although the plot will perpetually remain mediocre. I thought I'd die when Coliseum was announced. The main reason why people buy Pokemon games is because the prospect of the freedom to buy/catch/do whatever with the entire species appeals to most of the audience. I was also disappointed in the lack of the day/night feature...Personally, this is why I think Crystal was one of the best games. ^_^;

Years
    • MD
    • Seen Mar 17, 2007

sleazel said:
    i hate acorns - they were so stupid... berries are irritating though i unno i guess im a purist... i like building stats through battling & whatnot
    Didn't like the Acorns, I liked them as they added more variety to the Pok? Balls. As for Berries, I liked them too as they too add variety and any variety that can be added to a game series that does the same thing over and over should be appreciated not disliked.
    Lily said:
    ...although the plot will perpetually remain mediocre. I thought I'd die when Coliseum was announced. The main reason why people buy Pokemon games is because the prospect of the freedom to buy/catch/do whatever with the entire species appeals to most of the audience. I was also disappointed in the lack of the day/night feature...Personally, this is why I think Crystal was one of the best games. ^_^;
    Well, the plots for all the Pok?mon games are mediocre at best with maybe the exception of R/S/E just because finally there was a somewhat decent storyline. The storylines are mediocre because its targeted to kids therefore they can get away with it though me personally I like a little more story in the games though I think a good story would only be seen in a 3D game and not the 2D ones unfortunately.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • I miss the phone in the Gold/Silver versions. I thought it was pretty neat to toy around with...useless? maybe, but fun.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
  • I agree with Lily on Pokemon Crystal being one of the best games. :33 Afterall, it was the first of the Pokemon games to have a female character and animated battle scenes. X3 Although, IMO, the games did get better after that. =3 I really enjoyed the graphics and enhanced field play in R/S/E and FR/LG was nice for us kids who weren't able to ever get the Yellow version they desperately wanted. <<; *cough* ...XD

I don't like that they took night and day transitions out of the games though, that was one of my favorite parts in the G/S/C versions. ;-;

As far as the anime goes, I think it escalated throughout the Kanto and Johto series, but once we got to Hoenn...well, things got really repetitive. I haven't seen the anime since the episode where May "caught" that Bulbasaur. XD

~Kelsey

princesspikabellechu

Pikachu Princess
    Years
  • I will always love the Pokemon Yellow Special Pikachu Edition...(o~_^o).......

pikapower.jpg

Johto Boy

Elite Trainer
    Years
  • In my opinion, all things Pokemon have been getting worse after the Johto saga. Red/Blue were awesome, Gold/Silver improved the original concept, but then I was dissapointed with Ruby/Sapphire. As for the anime, I never liked it that much. The Kanto saga was OK, the Johto saga improved on it, and then it went way down with the Hoenn saga.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I wouldn't call them downfalls. Though I would like Day and Night to come back on the games. And there WAS a Jynx episode...it was just banned. ><;; You may be able to find it on YouTube.com ...do a Pokemon or a Jynx search or something...

I was dissapointed with Ruby/Sapphire

Aaaw, I really like Ruby. It was fun times. I still want to get Emerald though. I've heard that was better.

Years
  • I'd have to say the Johto Arc in the anime, Viz stopping publication of Pokemon Special Manga and the Ru/Sa and Colosseum releases.

The basic reasons why I'm not so into Pokemon right now besides the manga or writing about the manga.

Back