• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Physical or Special?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    How do I know if an attack's power is based off of the Pokey's Atk Stat or Spec. Atk. Stat? I remembered it was based on the type the attack is. Well...if it is..can someone list what they are? :chinese:

EDIT: Also, how do I know how much my pokemon likes me? I just want to know cause I want to teach one of my Pokey Return.

Last edited:

//mew\\

Jedi Master
    Years
  • 1.Physical types: Normal, Flying, Fighting, Rock, Ghost, Steel, Ground, Bug,
    Poison.
    2.Special attacks: Fire,
    Water, Electric, Ice, Grass, Dark, Psychic, Dragon.
    3.Check in the lower left house in Verdanturf.

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
  • Mewther said:
    phisical is when you attack a pokemon with the body..
    and special is when you do a special attack

It's not always that easy to tell for new players though.

• Bite/Crunch are special attacks, when they're clearly quite physical.
    • Shadow Ball is a physical attack, yet it doesn't actually involve any physical contact.
    • Dragon Claw is a special attack. But it's obviously a physical ability.

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
  • return is a normal attack so it power is taken from a pokemons normal attack power NOT special attack.

to find out how much a pokemon likes you.
    there's someone you talk to, i'm not entirely sure where but I know it's in one of the
    contest clubs, I think it's the one in lilycove, I could be wrong though so try them all.

since you got return though, I assume your pokemon must like you a lot 'cuz if it didn't
    that person in the town way down by route 127 wouldn't have given it to you.
    if you wanna make sure your pokemon likes you just give it the UP items
    you know, calcium, protien and so on, give 'em 10 of each and u'r pokemon will love you, guaranteed.

sorry if I wasn't much help, maybe someone else knows the town where you visit that lady.

Back