• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Action Replay screw-up...NEED HELP

Dr_random

I am... All of Me
Years
  • O.K., I had just gotten my action replay max duo,DS and Gba, so I decided to try it out on my new emerald. I just recieved my pokedex, and two steps away from the door to get out of proffesor birches lab, I saved. I then used a newly entered code for pokedex complete. I activated the code, and with the code still on, I walked out of the proffessors lab, and when I got to littleroot, The walking sprite for my character was the sprite for the girl with the yellow dress. Surprised, I looked at my trainer card. no trainer picture. after exiting out of t-card veiwing, the walking sprite for my character changed again, but this time whith maxie's clothes and red glowing eyes and hair. after veiwing my card once again, I was normal, brendon. When I got into a battle the game froze, unless I was brendon, then the game looked as If I had turned my DS off then on again.

what do I do

This is true!!!!!!
    Need proof?????????????? ask for It then, wisecrack.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • SETH_xd001 said:
    O.K., I had just gotten my action replay max duo,DS and Gba, so I decided to try it out on my new emerald. I just recieved my pokedex, and two steps away from the door to get out of proffesor birches lab, I saved. I then used a newly entered code for pokedex complete. I activated the code, and with the code still on, I walked out of the proffessors lab, and when I got to littleroot, The walking sprite for my character was the sprite for the girl with the yellow dress. Surprised, I looked at my trainer card. no trainer picture. after exiting out of t-card veiwing, the walking sprite for my character changed again, but this time whith maxie's clothes and red glowing eyes and hair. after veiwing my card once again, I was normal, brendon. When I got into a battle the game froze, unless I was brendon, then the game looked as If I had turned my DS off then on again.

what do I do

This is true!!!!!!
    Need proof?????????????? ask for It then, wisecrack.
    That's cool. So you used a Gameshark? Sometimes those really mess up with the game if that is what you used..

enyce

banned
    Years
  • My suggestion is. Dont ever use codes from cheat devices unless you are on an emulator.

Because they work better on an emulator. Trust me. I know

enyce

banned
    Years
  • ♥Naomi♥ said:
    yeah,what enyce said XD

btw,enyce,how do you make the codes activate on a emulator?

cheat>cheat list>gameshark (you can put AR codes here too)> paste copied code here, or type it....

well on the visual boy one any way.

on an emulator a lot of codes dont need master codes. ^_^

but some cheat FAQS dont tell you how to use with an emulator.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • Naomi that video is wierd.. how did the person get to faraway island... it's reallly wierd then came out of the Mauville gym, them from that place...

♥Naomi♥

My gameboy tastes like pickles
    Years
  • enyce said:
    cheat>cheat list>gameshark (you can put AR codes here too)> paste copied code here, or type it....

well on the visual boy one any way.

on an emulator a lot of codes dont need master codes. ^_^

but some cheat FAQS dont tell you how to use with an emulator.
    thnx,i needed help with that XD

now time for me to get a emerald rom and do faraway island cheat XD

edit:whops!my bad,i mentianed rom!

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
  • I saw the Glitch Video. I thought the Brendan with red May hair and red eyes was slightly disturbing. But are you sure this was a record of an actual glitch and not an altered video, I'm not sying I don't believe it, I just would like some authenticity.

♥Naomi♥

My gameboy tastes like pickles
    Years
  • Kraka-chan said:
    I saw the Glitch Video. I thought the Brendan with red May hair and red eyes was slightly disturbing. But are you sure this was a record of an actual glitch and not an altered video, I'm not sying I don't believe it, I just would like some authenticity.
    it from a glitch with a cheating device,im almost 100% positive,because,if it was altered,how could they get the messed up sprites of bendan with the red yes/hair in the team magma clothing?
    i also found the brendan with the messed up hair and the red glowing eyes disturbing O_O

but we should get seth to verify if what is shown in the video is what indeed happened to his game.

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
  • Yeah, these Cheat Code type equipment rewrites the data on your cartridge, so there's a chance that all the data will be erased and you'll have an epmty cartridge. So, in light of that, do what enyce siad. Don't use Game Shark or Action Replay, or anything like that.

Latios&Latias381382

rofl, Mac.
    Years
  • Well, when you use something like a gameshark your game may get totally screwed up and you might get an egg called Badegg which may hatch into another one or a glitch called ?? well thats not what its called thats what it looks like I think his real name is ?????? or somethin like that

Last edited:
    Back