• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Plane crashes into New York building

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Link.

They're saying that it crashed into a 50 story apartment building with fires on two floors right now. At the moment, there's no indication that this was a terrorist hijacking.

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
    Years
  • God it better not be that retard binladin again i hate that idiot. I mean because of him everyone thinks muslims r evil, and i'm muslim and i don't crash into buildings

Chuchino

♪ ♥ ♫
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2012
    Oh gosh, that's horrible! Whether it was a hijacking or not, it's so awful to hear...

What could've happened?

EDIT:
    Apparently, there's a heliport half a mile from the building. It's likely the aircraft was a helicopter air-lifting someone from a hospital, and got caught in the bad weather. That's really sad...

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • It was reported that the plane was owned by New York Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle, and that he had fuel problems.

Chuchino

♪ ♥ ♫
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2012
    It was reported that the plane was owned by New York Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle, and that he had fuel problems.

I heard.. It's really horrible if he was the one piloting it. Not to be morbid or anything but.. that'd be such a huge blow to the Yankees, especially after getting kicked from the playoffs .___.

It's horrible any way you look at it.

EDIT: New York Officials confirmed that a Yankees player was on board, meaning it's more then likely it was him... That's awful ;__;

Last edited:

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    God it better not be that retard binladin again i hate that idiot. I mean because of him everyone thinks muslims r evil, and i'm muslim and i don't crash into buildings

Not to be rude but you could be more mature in this type of situation.

Cory Lidle..........yeah. ;__;

Good thing that it only hit 2 stories of the building and the people in that apartment wren't harmed.

Lucid

If it was a terrorist, I don't think they'd crash into an apartment building of all the things they could crash into in New York...

Sad though. .-.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Not a terrorist. A member of the New York Yankees was piloting it. It was a small plane. Somehow he ended up crashing into the building. Normally, if you know you're in trouble you try to crash into an empty space, so you don't take people down with you. He probably had a heart attack or something prior to the collision.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Well think about it...

NEW YORK

How much empty space IS there? Especially if it was an apartment building it crashed into. That means it was probibly in the city. Most likely, he knew that, but he didnt have time to change direction.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    If it was a terrorist, I don't think they'd crash into an apartment building of all the things they could crash into in New York...

Sad though. .-.

^^: Thats exactly what I thought...

Its too bad it was one of the Yankee's players though... ><;

Did we ever find out who the other person was?

lt.bob

Caboose
    Years
  • The other guy on board was his flight instructor. The baseball player was from Glendora, California. I mentioned that because on another Forum called Nerf HQ this guy Falcon lives near there. Also The baseball player was trying to make a U-turn.:(

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • It appears that the plane did have power when it crashed. One propeller was snapped at the tip and the other was severaly bent, indicating that the engine most likely didn't fail. It'll be a long time before the investigation is complete though. I saw a 3D display of the flight course and crash and it's kind of peculiar how it was going in a fairly straight route, then all of a sudden goes into a U-turn and smacks into the building. I just hope it wasn't planned suicide or anything like that. o.o;;

My thoughts and prayers go out to family and friends of Corey Lidle and his flight instructor.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • If I was a terrorist, I'd aim for a building with political significance, mrplanters. Don't go making random accusations.

Oh dear, this is rather sad though. ._.; IMO baseball has nothing to do with it & worrying over the fate of the Yankees is sort of pathetic; I mean, the poor guy and his flight instructor -- I think that's a ton worse.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2013
    This wasn't terrorism. ~_~ It was a baseball player.

And it's funny that this happened on October 11TH.

Sky_Ace

A life dedicated to animals.
    Years
  • I don't believe this one was. They would not attack an apartment. I believe it was some engine/wing problems.

Back