Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Reload this Page [ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old April 19th, 2011 (01:38 PM).
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by Zepp710:
is there any way to put the physical and special type system that exists in gen IV into gen III games? If so then that would be really cool.
You should check out this thread. It's been done but apparently there are some bugs.

Brother of Vrai
Old April 19th, 2011 (02:13 PM).
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
On Advanced Map when I placed Oak in a different spot on FireRed I can't get him to walk up to my character anymore.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=231549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old April 19th, 2011 (04:24 PM).
Quickster
Dream or Drop?

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Konekodemon:
On Advanced Map when I placed Oak in a different spot on FireRed I can't get him to walk up to my character anymore.
Sounds like all you did was move the sprite? If so, your going to have to either edit the script tile that activates his movements and add more movement commands to match the needed steps or create a new script. The reason for this is hat the script specifies that Oaks sprite is set to move a set amount of movements and not just to get to the player.

But sometimes I want to come back to it...

Old April 19th, 2011 (04:28 PM).
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
How do I edit scripts?.......

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=231549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old April 19th, 2011 (07:04 PM).
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
How do I edit scripts?.......
First, download PKSV here, it's the script editor I use. Then, set up AdvanceMap to use PKSV as the script editor. To do this, go to Settings > Choose Script Editor, then navigate to pksvui.exe. For more information on editing specific aspects of scripts, go to the Script Help Thread here. Note that script editing can be complicated and confusing; take your learning of scripts little by little.
Old April 19th, 2011 (07:09 PM).
adamb241
Pokémon Raging Fury

Nature: Brave
Sorry if this has already been asked but I wasn't sure what exactly to search, anyways...

How do I remove/change the script that sends the player back to his mother after all of his Pokemon die. (This only occurs before reaching the first pokemon center.)

\-Pokémon Raging Fury-/
+A new project from Dark Steel Productions+
Old April 19th, 2011 (07:32 PM).
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Now I'm having trouble figuring out how to get the warps to go to a certain map. Also I don't know how to add my own text to the sign posts either.
Adding your own text is part of scripting.

For the warps, you will see the information of the selected warp in the right pane. It shows which map number it goes to, which warp on that map it goes to (they start at 0), and which map bank that map is contained in. You can see the map's map bank and map number listed next to the map name in the left pane like this (map bank, map number). This image explains information of a warp in Littleroot Town that goes to the player's house.

Old April 20th, 2011 (10:08 AM).
Joshuablevins
Beginning Trainer

does anybody have the offsets of all of the textboxes in fire red for unlz and a place i can find dppt textboxes?
Old April 20th, 2011 (11:14 AM).
gameguru

Nature: Careful
I am having issues putting new sprites in Pokemon Fire Red.
I have followed the tutorials about Indexing the sprites then inserting them with UNLZ-GBA. When I use Advance trainer, the sprite shows up fine, but when I verse the trainer in game, the screen goes black. I can still hear the music though.
Any ideas on what i'm doing wrong?
Old April 20th, 2011 (12:38 PM). Edited April 20th, 2011 by deoxys121.
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Quote originally posted by gameguru:
I am having issues putting new sprites in Pokemon Fire Red.
I have followed the tutorials about Indexing the sprites then inserting them with UNLZ-GBA. When I use Advance trainer, the sprite shows up fine, but when I verse the trainer in game, the screen goes black. I can still hear the music though.
Any ideas on what i'm doing wrong?
Most likely is that the sprites were written to an offset without enough free space. Use Free Space Finder to find an offset that has enough space. When you import the sprite, first make sure the auto-abort box is checked. It will say "compressed size is ___" which is too big. First, convert it to decimal (PKSV and a certain version of FSF can do this). Then search that decimal number in FSF. After this, copy the offset and paste it into "image offset" in UnLZ. Make SURE "Automatically fix pointers" is checked. It won't display in UnLZ, but it will show in the ROM, A-Trainer, etc. Hope that works out for you!

______________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________

In my Ruby hack, I replaced Shedinja with Eelektross. I removed the Wonder Guard ability, but Eelektross now only has 1 HP like Shedinja. Is there any way to remove this so Eelektross gets HP like any other Pokemon? This is shown in the screenshot below.

Old April 20th, 2011 (01:19 PM).
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by deoxys121:
Most likely is that the sprites were written to an offset without enough free space. Use Free Space Finder to find an offset that has enough space. When you import the sprite, first make sure the auto-abort box is checked. It will say "compressed size is ___" which is too big. First, convert it to decimal (PKSV and a certain version of FSF can do this). Then search that decimal number in FSF. After this, copy the offset and paste it into "image offset" in UnLZ. Make SURE "Automatically fix pointers" is checked. It won't display in UnLZ, but it will show in the ROM, A-Trainer, etc. Hope that works out for you!

In my Ruby hack, I replaced Shedinja with Eelektross. I removed the Wonder Guard ability, but Eelektross now only has 1 HP like Shedinja. Is there any way to remove this so Eelektross gets HP like any other Pokemon? This is shown in the screenshot below.

Have you edited it's base stats?
Old April 20th, 2011 (01:21 PM). Edited April 20th, 2011 by deoxys121.
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Quote originally posted by Quilava's Master:
Have you edited it's base stats?
Yes, I made the base stats identical to the ones listed on Eelektross's Bulbapedia page. Here's its YAPE entry:
Old April 20th, 2011 (01:33 PM).
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by deoxys121:
Yes, I made the base stats identical to the ones listed on Eelektross's Bulbapedia page. Here's its YAPE entry:
I imagine there is some check at the level up routine to see if it's Shedinja or not, making it not gain HP (or setting it to 1). This requires ASM.
Old April 20th, 2011 (09:55 PM).
baladamy
Maybe One day I'll Be a Mod...

Nature: Relaxed
1. does anyone know where or how to get a b/w tileset for firered?? and by that, i mean i can insert it through AM without doing anything else?

2. i found this tileset that looks AWESOME and i want to put it on my hack. I tried through AM and it didnt work. How do u "convert" the tileset for use in AM??

(answr #2 first if u find an "unconverted b/w tileset)
Old April 20th, 2011 (10:40 PM).
Plumpyfoof

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
So hi,

Yeah i'm new to the site and i wasn't exactly sure where i could ask this so feel free to move it to somewhere more appropriate.

So down to business, I'm currently attempting to make a LG hack and it's all gone quite smoothly thanks to multiple tutorials and whatever else from this site until one thing happened.. A glitch.

Only occasionally whenever i defeat a wild pokemon or trainer and the battle ends, the screen returns to the 'overworld' as usual except my player character is stuck there and when i try to make him move i gain control of a different trainer that was located somewhere else on the screen and can move him around in a 3x3 square.

It shouldn't be anything wrong with my scripts because it happens when i battle trainers already in the game.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
The only way i can think of is by removing that script completely from the map.

tl;dr___
After defeating a trainer in my LG hack i can't move my hero character but instead i have limited control of a completely unrelated trainer in the area, help?
Old April 21st, 2011 (01:04 AM).
Chiar

Just a simple question.
What's the offset of the Pokedex giving script (Birch's) in Emerald? I want to convert it to national, but I can't find that stupid offset! xD
Old April 21st, 2011 (05:31 AM).
Meta Paradox
Researching FireRed...

Nature: Serious
Okay. First of all, I'm sorry if I have to ask these questions of which the answers are quite obvious to most of you. Second, I'm sorry if I posted this thread in the ROM Hacking forums; this is what I've found to be of most connection to my questions [Anyway, I'm pretty sure if this is in the wrong forums it'll be moved]. Finally, I'm sorry for having to bother you for all of this fuss.

Now, I just wanted to ask some questions for my hack of FireRed (BPRE). Please answer these if you can; I'll appreciate the help with much gratitude.

First, is there a font editor or patch for FireRed? I want DPt/HGSS fonts for my hacks and edits, if possible.

Next, how to I import 4th Gen map tiles onto FireRed [using Advance Map 1.92 or 1.95 Beta, preferably.]? It's for that 3D attribute and I see that many hacks have adapted 4th Gen tiles instead of the same ol' FRLG graphics.

Third, I wanna know how to make roaming Pokémon events.

Lastly, how do I make day-night and season-exclusive Pokémon using prime-dialga's DNS tool? A-Map 1.95 doesn't make things different for me (also with the seasonal palletes in the map).

Thanks everyone, hope I get help.
Old April 21st, 2011 (08:06 AM).
-PARADOX-
Overworld Spriter :)

Does anyone know how to fix this overworld problem i have.
It was working fine to begin with but when i inserted the female character overworlds into the rom. Both the male and female Hero overworlds went like this:

Please do not use anything from the screen uploaded, everything was redone and edited into 16 colour palettes by me, so no one can use them!
Attached Images
File Type: png bad.PNG‎ (11.6 KB, 188 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old April 21st, 2011 (08:13 AM).
~Anbuja
Let's Keep It Simple

Send a message via Skype™ to ~Anbuja
well another simple quesion....do someone know which are the offset of the battleboxes in fr the boxes that contain the lv hp and such in game i need them so i can hack em
Old April 21st, 2011 (08:30 AM). Edited April 21st, 2011 by deoxys121.
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Quote originally posted by Chiar:
Just a simple question.
What's the offset of the Pokedex giving script (Birch's) in Emerald? I want to convert it to national, but I can't find that stupid offset! xD
This script works in Ruby to give a National Dex, but I'm not sure about Emerald. You can give it a try, though. Set it to a person event.

Code:
#org 0xoffset
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x8000
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
clearflag 0x8000
release
end
Old April 21st, 2011 (05:46 PM).
Zepp710
Fearaligatr

I looked at the post saying how to run XSE and Advance Map on mac but it didn't work for me. Any suggestions? I am a programmer and i want to learn how to script and do stuff like that so i can't wait to start on my very own hack. if someone could help me out that would be great. and also does anyone know if there is a way to make all pokemon available in a game? like in gold/silver/crystal mareep isn't available in crystal is there a way to say change that? also is there a way to add the 4th gen physical and special typing into 3rd gen games?
Old April 21st, 2011 (06:14 PM). Edited April 21st, 2011 by colcolstyles.
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Quote originally posted by Chiar:
Just a simple question.
It's part of the level script in Birch's Lab which is at the address '0x1F9E67'. It's one of those hidden level scripts so if you don't know how the map script data is stored, it's very difficult to locate. Just decompile the script at that address and look for the line "setflag 0x861". That enables the PokéDex in the Menu.

Quote originally posted by Plumpyfoof:
So hi,

Yeah i'm new to the site and i wasn't exactly sure where i could ask this so feel free to move it to somewhere more appropriate.

So down to business, I'm currently attempting to make a LG hack and it's all gone quite smoothly thanks to multiple tutorials and whatever else from this site until one thing happened.. A glitch.

Only occasionally whenever i defeat a wild pokemon or trainer and the battle ends, the screen returns to the 'overworld' as usual except my player character is stuck there and when i try to make him move i gain control of a different trainer that was located somewhere else on the screen and can move him around in a 3x3 square.

It shouldn't be anything wrong with my scripts because it happens when i battle trainers already in the game.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
The only way i can think of is by removing that script completely from the map.

tl;dr___
After defeating a trainer in my LG hack i can't move my hero character but instead i have limited control of a completely unrelated trainer in the area, help?
That's most likely because you set the behavior for that sprite to "Look Down". Change it to "No Movement" and it should fix the glitch.

Brother of Vrai
Old April 21st, 2011 (11:34 PM).
..Beyond
Cut your losses.

Nature: Quiet
I've been thinking about trying to get a netbook in order to make use of some PC-oriented programs that my Mac isn't compatible with, such as just about every hacking tool I've come across. However, I don't know what system requirements I should be looking for. Does anyone have any recommendations for things like RAM and hard drive space in relation to the best hacking programs? For instance, does a certain program work better under certain circumstances (in terms of hardware/processors/what have you)?

Also, I've been having trouble with patching. Is there a way to obtain a ROM that has already been patched with a completed hack? The one I was working with was Flora Sky.

Thanks for your help.

+ + ?
Old April 22nd, 2011 (01:07 AM).
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by ..Beyond:
I've been thinking about trying to get a netbook in order to make use of some PC-oriented programs that my Mac isn't compatible with, such as just about every hacking tool I've come across. However, I don't know what system requirements I should be looking for. Does anyone have any recommendations for things like RAM and hard drive space in relation to the best hacking programs? For instance, does a certain program work better under certain circumstances (in terms of hardware/processors/what have you)?

Also, I've been having trouble with patching. Is there a way to obtain a ROM that has already been patched with a completed hack? The one I was working with was Flora Sky.

Thanks for your help.
For ROM Hacking programs, I suggest using Windows XP, anything over 1GB of RAM will be plenty, and a 320GB Hard drive will be WAY more than you need.

ROM Hacking apps don't need very heavy system requirements. But if you want to emulate DS games, you'll need a better system.
Old April 22nd, 2011 (02:51 AM).
-PARADOX-
Overworld Spriter :)

Ok no-one seemed to answer me the last time, so here it goes attempt number 2 at trying to get help with my problem!!!!
In the following screenshot you will see that the players overworld has got lines running through it! Csn someone please tell me how to fix this....

Oh btw it got the lines when i inserted the female players overworlds and she too also has the same problem.

P.S Nothing in the screen is to be used for anyone elses hack or whatecer....
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links