The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 9th, 2011, 12:48 PM
pidizz
ludicolo Will defeat anything!

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Thanks anbujas_bloody for the help, even though it didn't work i really appreciate it.
Maybe i should stick to fire red since i've made my titlescreen on it.
But anyway thanks again for the help and tutorials !
Old November 9th, 2011, 03:42 PM
jojo1250
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quiet
hi im here again, with yet another sprite inserting question. im inserting sprites with advance pokemon sprite editor and after i resize and fix a "bigger" sprite and try to insert it, then the sprite gets all screwed up and only certain parts of the sprite show up.
how do i fix this? and how did it happen so it doesnt happen agian?
thnks!
Old November 9th, 2011, 06:56 PM
kkj1116
New Account: jwibagi

Okay, so I'm super OCD and in my Ruby game, I play my Elite Four with a special Pokemon order so that it registers in the Hall of Fame with the exact same order on all of my tries.

I stopped playing on my emulator for a couple of months and came back - and I beat Steven with two Pokemon switched.

Can anyone point me to the RAM offset where I could switch the two Pokemon in my 8th Hall of Fame? Or better yet, is anyone willing to do it themselves (saving the pain of explaining to me what to do)?

Thanks if you can help :-) !
Be sure to check my new account for my next Generation II hack!
Old November 9th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Jay the penguin

How do you hack the title screen.. I did search aroud and try it but I still can't get it right

Okay back again... I cant seem to find out how to give the hero the national pokedex.. Does anyone know how?

My Hack!
Visit the thread!

Last edited by Jay the penguin; November 9th, 2011 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 10th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Rasenshurikenbum
ASM is very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo1250 View Post
hi im here again, with yet another sprite inserting question. im inserting sprites with advance pokemon sprite editor and after i resize and fix a "bigger" sprite and try to insert it, then the sprite gets all screwed up and only certain parts of the sprite show up.
how do i fix this? and how did it happen so it doesnt happen agian?
thnks!
Could you make a screenshot and upload it on imageshack?
Of course make the link censored cause you don't have 15 post yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay the penguin View Post
How do you hack the title screen.. I did search aroud and try it but I still can't get it right

Okay back again... I cant seem to find out how to give the hero the national pokedex.. Does anyone know how?

1. Title screen... ruby, fire red? PLEASE always write the version
2. You have to write a script (the best would be in XSE cause you can simultaneously compile it). If you don't know how to do it then find kind of "HUGE XSE TUTORIAL". There's everything you need to write the script (with national pokedex special command too)

Last edited by Rasenshurikenbum; November 10th, 2011 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 10th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Ivee
Ask me about Trailblazer :3

Nature: Naive
This is going to sound super noobish but...
I'm using Advance Text, and didn't see the Gym sign for Vermilion. I also can't open its script through Advance Map. How to I search for it in PKSV, since that seems to be the only thing I can do?
Old November 10th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Rasenshurikenbum
ASM is very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivee View Post
I'm using Advance Text, and didn't see the Gym sign for Vermilion. I also can't open its script through Advance Map. How to I search for it in PKSV, since that seems to be the only thing I can do?
Try to find it in hex editor, like Thingy32. Of course you need table with characters. You can make your own in program called TaBuLar (character set here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=189143 in attached files below). Then open Thingy32 and TWICE open the table (tbl) file. Then press s for search and write your text you want to edit. If it doesn't work try to do it in another hex editor like Hex Workshop.
Old November 10th, 2011, 12:45 PM
jojo1250
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasenshurikenbum View Post
I will post an image the next post i make, im at 14 posts at the moment

Last edited by jojo1250; November 10th, 2011 at 01:27 PM. Reason: have image
Old November 10th, 2011, 01:18 PM
DavidJCobb
RESIDENT RAAAAAAAAAAAAGEMASTER

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivee View Post
Use AdvanceMap to find the Signpost Event for the Gym sign, and then copy down its offset. Use PKSV or XSE to decompile the script at that offset. Inside the script, there should be another offset pointing to the location of the text.
Old November 10th, 2011, 03:11 PM
dribs357
Beginning Trainer

is any tools for hacking the dialogue in any mystery dungeon game? I know of the starter hack and that weird one by grovyle91 but is there anything else?
Old November 11th, 2011, 04:20 AM
jojo1250
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasenshurikenbum View Post
heres the image bare in mind its a test doodle, not the actual sprite.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/404/76339053.png/
Old November 11th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Epitaph93
Intermediate Digidestined

Nature: Calm
I'm looking for some sort of fusion script. I was looking around on the site for some sort of custom script, but never found anything. Then I started looking for a hack that instilled a fusion system. I have yet to find one that's even in beta, as it seems most of them were abandoned over a year ago. Can anyone point me in the right direction? If I don't get this script then my DIGIMON don't get to DNA Digivolve
I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.
Old November 11th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Jay the penguin

How could you allow the hero to run inside?
could you explain on it and how to do it

My Hack!
Visit the thread!
Old November 11th, 2011, 05:39 PM
hinkage
Go make some new disaster
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay the penguin View Post
If you are using FR/LG, change the "Show name on entering" to 02

If you are using R/S/E, change the "Show name on entering" to 0F, and change the Type to Secret Base.
Old November 11th, 2011, 07:18 PM
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay the penguin
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinkage
If you are using FR/LG, change the "Show name on entering" to 02

If you are using R/S/E, change the "Show name on entering" to 0F, and change the Type to Secret Base.
Or you could use Hackmew's quick hex edit...

Found here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=207026
Old November 11th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

So, does anybody here have an idea about making a script work on one map and then changing maps but still have the script run fluently?

Pretty much, my dilemma is that I want to recreate the script on this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWE41...feature=fvwrel
from 0:50-1:06

I can make the script work until it leaves the map to Route 1, then it stops. Level scripts don't work when I force the player to move to Route 1, and script tiles don't work by the same conditions either. Do you guys ave any idea?
Old November 12th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Fuyuki Osari
Beginning Trainer

So I may just be a crazy newbie, but here goes.

I'm thinking of making a hack. I already have most of the basic tools, I've read some tutorials, checked out the R&D board a bit, etc. The community and its products have all been very helpful, needless to say. However, I didn't find anything on this--maybe I didn't look hard enough, maybe no one else has had an interest, whatever.

Part of the concept for the hack involves some changes to the plot and mechanics of the Pokedex... Some or all of my questions may be outside the scope of a "Simple Questions" thread, but I'm not sure, so I'll post them here first.

1) I want the Dex to show full information (what normally displays when they're Caught) on most Pokemon and partial information (what normally displays when they're Seen) on all but the rarest Pokemon by default. However, I don't want the game to consider them Seen/Caught until they actually are, so just setting up a script to set those flags isn't enough. Any ideas how I would go about accomplishing this?

2) The player won't be able to catch legendaries, period. However, they will be encountered. (I assume setting their Catch Rate to 0 would be enough to accomplish this, but correct me if I'm wrong.) However, I want the Dex to treat them as if they were just captured once they've been KO'd, popping up with the entry and everything. Is this feasible? If so, how?
Old November 12th, 2011, 08:57 AM
infersaime
Come and get me

Send a message via Skype™ to infersaime
Can you put both Hoenn and Kanto(without the Sevii Islands) in one Firered/leafgreen rom?
Old November 12th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Ninja Caterpie
Sitting by the back window

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by infersaime View Post
Can you put both Hoenn and Kanto(without the Sevii Islands) in one Firered/leafgreen rom?
Probably. There's enough space on there for it, I guess, but whether you'd be able to tweak in the flying spots (see: not enough in the Sevii Isles combined for Hoenn, so you need to add some or do something shifty) and stuff is what matters. You can do it, yeah.
Old November 13th, 2011, 05:16 AM
Krika
Unhatched Egg

When I try to open some routes in Pokemon Emerald for editing in Advance Map 1.95, I get the error message "ERROR: (ENotAPointer) AdvanceMapError(5): Value $DF1E0A". The value is different for each route that has this error. When I click past it, the Pokemon Encounter lists have been erased (which were what I've been editing with Advance Map).

I would imagine that this is because it's trying to reach a hex value that either doesn't exist, or is filled with stuff that can't be read properly, or something like that, but I'm relatively new to this, so I don't actually know. The only thing I've done is change the Pokemon Encounter charts, so as far as I know, I haven't done anything with scripting. Can anyone tell me what is going wrong?
Old November 13th, 2011, 05:45 AM
ryanblst
Pokemon Balance Grey Creator

Nature: Brave
I have a bit of an important question, this issue has been bugging me all day! Basically i inserted overworlds into a ruby rom, i changed the size of frame from 16x32 to 32x32 and for the first few it was fine but after the third overworld insertion something strange occurred! the overworlds got these streaky lines through them that only show up when the hack is played! can someone help me out please: heres a picture of the problem:
Old November 13th, 2011, 06:23 AM
ryanblst
Pokemon Balance Grey Creator

Nature: Brave
i have a big problem for you and you would be a genius if you know how to fix it! basically what happened is that i inserted new overworlds into my rom, i changed the fram size from 16x32 to 32x32 and this happened: the overworlds gained streaky lines through them which are only visible when the hack is played:
Old November 13th, 2011, 06:33 AM
hinkage
Go make some new disaster
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krika View Post
When I try to open some routes in Pokemon Emerald for editing in Advance Map 1.95, I get the error message "ERROR: (ENotAPointer) AdvanceMapError(5): Value $DF1E0A". The value is different for each route that has this error. When I click past it, the Pokemon Encounter lists have been erased (which were what I've been editing with Advance Map).

I would imagine that this is because it's trying to reach a hex value that either doesn't exist, or is filled with stuff that can't be read properly, or something like that, but I'm relatively new to this, so I don't actually know. The only thing I've done is change the Pokemon Encounter charts, so as far as I know, I haven't done anything with scripting. Can anyone tell me what is going wrong?
Advance Map 1.95 is buggy with ANYTHING related to data.
Whether you're changing/removing/adding/inserting anything, A-Map 1.95 will rape it and then laugh at you for being so gullible.

Use A-Map 1.92, and you'll never have these problems. As far as I know, the only safe thing in 1.95 is map editing. In fact, if you use 1.92, and clear out the Pokemon data, then re-add it, the map will work.
Old November 13th, 2011, 08:33 AM
SwirlyBirds
apparently not quite dead
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinkage View Post
Advance Map 1.95 is buggy with ANYTHING related to data.
Whether you're changing/removing/adding/inserting anything, A-Map 1.95 will rape it and then laugh at you for being so gullible.

Use A-Map 1.92, and you'll never have these problems. As far as I know, the only safe thing in 1.95 is map editing. In fact, if you use 1.92, and clear out the Pokemon data, then re-add it, the map will work.
Wrong. I've gotten those problems with 1.92. If you've messed up the wild Pokemon list, you're screwed. Unless you want to hex edit it back, my advice would be to reuse the map for something that doesn't require wild Pokemon, like a town or house interior.
Old November 13th, 2011, 09:41 AM
link12552
just tired, that's all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanblst View Post
I have a bit of an important question, this issue has been bugging me all day! Basically i inserted overworlds into a ruby rom, i changed the size of frame from 16x32 to 32x32 and for the first few it was fine but after the third overworld insertion something strange occurred! the overworlds got these streaky lines through them that only show up when the hack is played! can someone help me out please: heres a picture of the problem:
Make sure that the frames are inserted at offsets that end in 0, 4, 8, or C.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here