• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Seven Wonders of the world

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2008
    heard this.
    That there having the new 7 Wonders of the world. Here are the 21 finalists.
    Acropolis, Greece
    Alhambra, Spain
    Angkor Wat, Cambodia
    Chichen Itza, Mexico
    Christ The redeemer, Rio de Janeiro
    Colosseum, Rome
    Easter Island
    Eifell Tower, Paris
    Great wall of china
    Hagia Sophia, Istanbul
    Kiyomizu, Japan
    Red Square, Moscow
    Machu Picchu, Peru
    Neuschwanstein Castle, Germany
    Pettra, Lebanon
    Pyramid of giza
    Statue Of liberty
    Stonehedge
    Sydney Opera House
    Taj Mahal
    Timbuktu, libya

Which 7 would you pick?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • I remember reading about this quite a few weeks ago, I voted on them too. I remember what I voted for as well:

Acropolis
    Angkor Wat
    Colosseum
    Great Wall of China
    Machu Picchu
    Pyramid of Giza
    Statue of Liberty

I think the Sydney Opera House is a really cool building too, it's kinda Australia's defining quality for me. When I think of Australia, I think of that building.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • Hmm...let's see here.

Angkor Wat
    Colosseum
    Easter Island
    Great Wall of China
    Machu Picchu
    Pyramid of Giza
    Statue of Liberty

I tried to make my picks so that there weren't a bunch of sites from one region of the world, but it was really tough. A few honorable mentions that I had a hard time leaving out:

Acropolis
    Christ The Redeemer
    Eifell Tower
    Taj Mahal

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I'm actually pretty unsure of which I'd pick.. I think it's because I haven't been to these places..
    I have been to:
    Chichen Itza, Mexico, the Colosseum in Rome, and I've seen the Statue Of Liberty~

.o. I'd love to see the great wall of China, though! I think that's really the one place that I'd like to see most <3~

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
  • The pyramids are on there by default, since they were the first and last of the original seven wonders.

I'd like to see Stonehenge, Alhambra, Angkor Wat, Easter Island, Chichen Itzá, Macchu Picchu, and the Acropolis on there. To me the Statue of Liberty and the Opera House are utterly laughable in the position.

Oh, and Timbuktu is in Mali, not Libya.

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
  • Oh c'mon the colosseum NEEDS to be one of them. Its very historical, it held most of Rome's gladiator (slave) fights.

Dur dur. The Great Wall should definately be on there. And if it isn't a "wonder" I "wonder" what is.

Maybe the Parthonon should be on there (is it on the Acropolis???). It holds the culture of Ancient Greece, one of the most advance civilizations.

Yes, of course Hagia Sophia should be on there. It is one of the most important marks the "new" Christianity of the Byzantine Empire (basically heirs of the Roman Empire) in Constantinople (present-day Istanbul) because of the split of the Christian Church to Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox.

Just a bit of my input.

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
  • Yeah !! The last year was the year of the Devil, and this one is the Lucky Year !!

I'd pick:

Palacio de la Alhambra. (Of course, a Spanish Wonder :D)
    Acropolis.
    Colosseum.
    Pyramid of Giza.
    Great Chinese Wall.
    Kiyomizu Temple.
    Stonehenge.

BTW...Is this OFFICIAL ?? I think it is, but I'm not sure.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Like CW said, the pyraimids are the ONLY original wonder of the world from the first 7. Then there were some modern ones decided a while ago, I remember reading tis in a text book a few years back. The Easter Islands were already one, and I think Stonehedge (Sp?) was on there, no 100% sure though.

Here are my picks:
    1.Pyramids: Reason already stated.
    2.Easter Island: Reason already stated.
    3.Stonehenge (sp?): Reason stated, also, I think it deserves to be one due to the mysteries that shroud it.
    4.Colosseum: Like others have said, it is a big piece of history, and is just amazing to look at. ;P
    5.Great Wall of China: That thing is massive and should be put in there for obvious reasons.
    6.Angkor Wat: Never seen it before, however, I have heard of it before. I used to play a game on my super nintendo called Illusion Of Gaia. That game was awesome, and IMO the hardest level was none other than Angkor Wat!
    7.Sydney Opera House: Like Dawson said, when I think of Aussie-land, that thing is ALWAYS (That or Steve Irwin <Sp?>) what i think of first.

And just wondering, but how is the Statue of Liberty and The Eiffel tower on that list? No offense or anything..

Back