• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Advance Text .ini's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    If i were to make a INI for Emerald would there be enough people wanting it for me to make it a viable project?

Feedback is required otherwise i wont bother

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2009
    Do it. You shouldn't not do it just because you don't get enough feedback, there could be people looking for this sort of things weeks from now.

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    Yeah, you should definitely make an ini for Emerald dude. If you can successfully make a table file, it should be easy to find where the offsets for all the text is.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    Yeah, you should definitely make an ini for Emerald dude. If you can successfully make a table file, it should be easy to find where the offsets for all the text is.

If you ran windows 2000 you to would understand the effort involved. Anyway here is the first release of the Advance text emerald .ini. It covers the game from the intro to the end of route 102 and everythng inbetween.

Place it in the Advance Text ini folder, DO NOT RENAME IT. that is critical otherwise it wont work

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    If you ran windows 2000 you to would understand the effort involved. Anyway here is the first release of the Advance text emerald .ini. It covers the game from the intro to the end of route 102 and everythng inbetween.

Place it in the Advance Text ini folder, DO NOT RENAME IT. that is critical otherwise it wont work
    Well, how does 2000 really make a difference from XP? I'm confused. Theoretically any system that has a program that supports relative search and a hex editor would be able to do it. All you would have to do is relative search, find the text and then work on finding all the offsets and stuff.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    Well, how does 2000 really make a difference from XP? I'm confused. Theoretically any system that has a program that supports relative search and a hex editor would be able to do it. All you would have to do is relative search, find the text and then work on finding all the offsets and stuff.

Ok simply with all my 32mb of ram i can only just run 2000. i tried running XP and it went even slower(negative time?). So all in all i dont have enough tempory memory to store the hex data and if i were running xp it would be slower but be able to deal with the data better. so i could run xp but that would be the only thing id use it for thus wasting harddrive space and creatng even more problems in the tempory memory. plus 2000 is more stable than any of the other operating systems.. making sense?

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2007
    I'm cheering you on!
    I got this off of youtube...
    And I hope you will finish it!
    Ive already used your 1st one up!
    I need to edit what the people in route 101 say also...

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    hang on im going to start a new thread for this so i can update the ini in more ways and easier for me to see what you guys post

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2007
    there is an ini for ruby, fire red, leaf green and sapphire but emerald so.... ive looked everywhere for an ini so i can make a game for fun, lol.

johnnysasaki

Noobie hacker.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2008
    You know what we need... A complete download for all the games! *would kill for a complete ini for leaf green*

jdogpwnz

Pokemon Elite Journey
    Years
  • i realllllllly need a pokemon ruby ini file. Im working on are-make of pokemon pearl version. i Even got the pokemon pearl music for twinleaf town

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back