• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Leave It To Brocko" Episode Discussion

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Here's where you can discuss the second Pokemon evolution in a row in today's episode, "Leave it to Brocko".

I'll talk later.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    yay bonsly just evolveded...ed! but i liked it more as a bonsly because it was less annoying

Years
  • When you compare to the recent fare, this was well done, but for a Brock spotlight, I dunno. I say that as the character has only three episodes for himself a season, and this is one of them. Sometimes, I wonder why the character is revived for AG. I would argue that he's just utter filler. But it was decent filler, here, and Sudowoodo is a fitting Pokemon for him.

Good allusions to "Jump for Joy" (which I still never saw), "Turning over a New Nuzleaf," and good to see the Shiftry family again. Plus, a nice allusion to "Do I Hear a Ralts?" with Dawn's use of Pokedex over Meowth's "disguise."

And then, the Shiftry, in true deus ex machina fashion, steals the credit. Frankly, Sudowoodo should have delivered the final blow. On the plus side, at least Brock wants to fight, instead of letting Ash have the final blow (as usual). Eh. Whatever.

As for the Rocket side, we have some ebbs and flows. One concern I have is, why are they complaining on their food rations? Most of the time, we don't see them eat or they occasionally bewail on lack of food. Anymore, they've been eating alright and they already had turned beggars in the earlier seasons, so why turn the noses up?

Also, why are they shocked by Brock's cooking? After tailing him for years, and Jessie observing his cooking firsthand ("Forest Grumps"), why the memory lapse? Oh, wait, it's the writers. Hee.

Anyway, for the Rocket Pokemon, it is great to see all the gang (and the first time we see Mime Jr. eat, since Wobbu does it all the time) in various forms. Carnivine finally has its first true Battle, and great use of its Levitate Ability. Even Seviper finally has a chance at a good Battle as it endures Brock's Crogunk (its first post-capture one).

And the Wobbuffet balloon's return is too priceless.

Next two episodes will be heading back into plot in our first Gym Battle. Whoo. I wish we could do the Japanese version of the Next Episode Preview, as the CN version (I'm surprised we actually kinda, sorta have one) doesn't seem as impressive to me.

Oh, well. Just the cream of the crop. And lastly, how is Brock able to get all those Oran Berries?

Last edited:

Sakurah

Pokemon Event Collector! <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    I was kind of disappointed.
    Maybe it's me, but I only watch it for Hikari. XD
    I was sad because I didn't want bonsly to evole. =/
    And I was hoping it would be another 'Let's be friends with Pokemon 8D!' epi and have it where someone actually catches a new Pokemon.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • Just watching Brock holding Bonsly in his arms made me believe that he was going to be the new Misty. I'm glad that it evolved.

And what a silly way of Nuzleaf getting lost like that.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    And the Wobbuffet balloon's return is too priceless.

Yeah, did anyone notice that when Team Rocket landed they had the Meowth balloon, but when they set off they had the Wobbuffet balloon! I think this happened before but with a Chimeecho balloon.

It was an OK episode, I thought it was funny when they found out Meowth by the PokeDex. Although I couldn't ignore that when Meowth spoke Ash yelled "Who are you???" if only he had a memory...

Years
  • It was a pretty good episode...but they've followed Staravia's theme of random evolution. He evolved after he escaped the cage...instead of when fighting Team Rocket. Nuzleaf was pretty cool, Brock should have caught it...but that would be unfair to the rest, he already has his pokemon. And there's no room for Hoenn Pokemon anymore!

I enjoyed Croagunk's battle with Seviper, more precisely the part where he fainted...The episode should have used a sinnoh pokemon instead of Nuzleaf, though. I liked Nuzleaf, but they could have picked someone better, I think. I loved the Wobbufett balloon...

Years
  • Although I couldn't ignore that when Meowth spoke Ash yelled "Who are you???" if only he had a memory...

Indeed, but I think it was for dramatic effect, or at least that's what I tell myself. And I tend to ignore Ash's general...dopey ness.

One item I didn't point out was, how much I enjoyed the Boss Fantasy, here. I usually tune them out, but not this one. I guess it's the art and somewhat have the visual of Giovanni appearing to be deep. Other than his narrations in the CD drama, it's the only time we've actually seen him be that way. Heh.

Silly writers. And I need screencaps for that scene. Heh.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Eh, at least they did Bonsly's evolution a bit better than Starly's. This one actually came for a reason (though a bad one). Although, the translation wasa bit shaky here, especially when Shiftry showed up. What Meowth shouted and the others' responses did NOT match up. Oh, and when Brock made the meal for Team Rocket, the captioning (yes, I turn that on for the fun of it) had a full extra line that wasn't actually said.

Meh, overall nothing more special than "A Staravia is Born!".

Years
  • I still forgot to make this point earlier, so I suppose I will now...What's the big deal with Team Rocket taking a WILD Nuzleaf, or lots of WILD flying pokemon in the ep before this one?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I still forgot to make this point earlier, so I suppose I will now...What's the big deal with Team Rocket taking a WILD Nuzleaf, or lots of WILD flying pokemon in the ep before this one?

No idea. I wondered that too. I rememeber in AG they tried to "steal" some wild Seedot and but they weren't allowed to. Its probably happened before too.

Back