• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Getting this

Rumor

Collector
Years
  • I was thinking about getting this and a Wii, is it worth spending 300$+ to get it? I have the internet required to play it online so I could do that but I played some of the Wii games over at my cousins house and the graphics weren't that great.

Laa

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    What you do is go out, buy the Wii. Get PBR, LoZ:TP, RE4 wii edition, Reserve corruption, and then go into the shop channel and buy OoT...

you'll be content for a long time...and it is plenty worth it...

Kayke™

Banned
    Years
  • Don't buy a Wii for PBR alone, it won't last you very long. I just bought it today...I'm enjoying it, but 50 bucks was a bit much. But yeah...the post above me pretty much covered everything...except Super Smash Bros Brawl. If you don't pick that up, I declare you insane.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • The fact stands that the Wii has good games and more are coming. Whether you want PBR or not, get the Wii. No gamer of any calibur should be without it.

Laa

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    How could I forget brawl? I'm the one who checks the site as soon as they update it...

Which if anyone cares www.smashbros.com updates in about ten minutes if anyone wants to see....

Last edited:

Caleb290

Pokemon Master!
    Years
  • get the wii for sure and get any kinda of mario game at there :P because mario ROCKS but all I have is the wii sports game so far and I am still happy with it :D

Laa

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    Have fun with it...beat TP for the Wii and then buy it for the GC and run through it again :D

Rumor

Collector
    Years
  • Don't buy a Wii for PBR alone, it won't last you very long. I just bought it today...I'm enjoying it, but 50 bucks was a bit much. But yeah...the post above me pretty much covered everything...except Super Smash Bros Brawl. If you don't pick that up, I declare you insane.

Yea I was thinking of getting brawl to.

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    If you can find a Wii, GET IT.
    Wait on PBR, it's over priced.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • Don't wait on PBR, Ian is insane and knows not of what he speaks. it's a good game, Surfing Pikachu at game's end to me immediately forgives the game of any and all shortcomings,few of which it has.

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    Sure, it's a good game, but it's not worth 50 bucks. It just plain isn't. You're in denial Pogiforce.

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    No, infact I have diamond and I'm satisfied with that as a game.
    I have Emerald and I'm satisfied with that as a game. I have Leaf Green and I'm satisfied with that.

Just because I have an idea of how much a game is worth, doesn't mean I'm a penny pincher, it means I'm a smart shopper. Just because I'm not willing to waste money, just as easily as you might waste gasoline, food, or water, doesn't mean I'm a penny pincher.
    A smart gamer needs to be able to know how much money to spend on a game, if it's really worth it. I've read the reviews and it turns out, PBR isn't worth 50 dollars.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • Well, you won't find it any cheaper for at least half a year, if you're lucky. In the meantime, we'll have fun battling. Enjoy the dust you seem to have left yourself in. :D

от_Ian

Original Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2007
    No, I'm certain you could probably find a used game pretty quickly. I'm certain some parent somewhere will buy it for their kid, to which their kid will go 'wtf, I don't have a nintendo ds/wii.'
    Besides that, you could pickup Resident Evil 4, for 20 dollars cheaper than PBR and spend those six months playing that, instead.

Back