• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Dubbed] A lot of people on Serebii think Pokemon 2019 Dub is going to Netflix. Can someone explain this to me?

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
    • Age 34
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Literally title.

A thread on Serebii I've found myself in the middle of seems to be full of people who mostly believe that the Pokemon 2019 dub is going to Netflix and won't be on Disney XD

I get that the series is the furthest behind it's ever been but it makes more sense for it to stay on Disney XD. But I guess that's just IMO now apparently?

Someone explain this to me please

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • There's really nothing to explain, it's just what people think. I don't think Pokémon 2019 is going to be put on Netflix, though.

pkmin3033

Well, I'd assume it's because other seasons of Pokemon, as well as the more recent movies, have appeared on Netflix. It's not an unreasonable or entirely baseless assumption. Whether or not it'll actually happen remains to be seen. I doubt it'd only be on Netflix if Disney XD are airing Pokemon right now, but you never know.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2021
    Hey, there. I'm just wanting to know if you can please go ahead an add a poll on whether you think that the English dub of the 2019 new series in will be broadcast by the Disney XD or be distributed exclusively by Netflix in the United States? Thanks.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • That is really strange, even in poland the SM series is on Netflix instead of Disney XD (only the first season of SM aired on that channel here), so it seems the Galar region of pokemon will be on polish Netflix too x|😩

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Hey, there. I'm just wanting to know if you can please go ahead an add a poll on whether you think that the English dub of the 2019 new series in will be broadcast by the Disney XD or be distributed exclusively by Netflix in the United States? Thanks.

I don't see a reason to do that. It's pretty clear that it's airing on Disney XD because the contract for the anime on the channel hasn't expired AFAIK.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Tbh, good. Disney treated Pokemon poorly.

I dunno sir, the D&P series (from the half episodes of the battle dimensions) that aired on Disney XD here was good, sadly they stopped at the first season of S&M, then airing it on Netflix

Shame the polish CN didn't get the Pokemon anime x|

Also the new anime is coming to Super RTL in germany, so yeah once the coronav*rus is over i'm gonna had a good time when i went to my godmother's place

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Can someone explain to me why this isn't airing on Disney XD anymore?

THIS MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. NOT EVERYONE HAS NETFLIX

I AM NOT GETTING NETFLIX. I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY FOR IT AND NEVER WILL.

How the hell am I expected to watch this now?

Years
  • I don't know.
    I haven't read anything official that confirms Pokemon 2019 will go straight into Netflix when the dub comes out. That's just people speculations, I guess.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I dunno sir, the D&P series (from the half episodes of the battle dimensions) that aired on Disney XD here was good, sadly they stopped at the first season of S&M, then airing it on Netflix

Well, in my case, I moreso meant the Sun/Moon English dub in America, aha. I do know that Disney does have Pokemon in other countries, and they definitely treat it much better there.

As for why Pokemon Journeys isn't airing on Disney XD (In America) ... who knows? Unless Disney says something about it, which I don't think they will, we'll probably never know. I can understand some people's frustration over it not being on TV, but I'm sure the official Pokemon website is still gonna release the episodes there for free at some point.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Well, in my case, I moreso meant the Sun/Moon English dub in America

Oh i see, either way, we in poland only got the VA change in season 10 (Meowth's VA later voiced Dick Dastardly in modern Wacky Races), Most of the original cast returned in season 11 (except Gary Oak, who suprisly was voiced by Brock's VA, but someone else played him in the DP battle dimension series onward) also the OG VA of Jessie didn't came back and we're stuck with the replacement actress for her till today, so yeah we in poland may had not had Pokemon on CN PL but at least our Ash's VA still voices him to this day

But this topic is about Disney XD PL airing pokemon so i won't say nothing more about the history of our dub

Years
  • Can someone explain to me why this isn't airing on Disney XD anymore?

THIS MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. NOT EVERYONE HAS NETFLIX

I AM NOT GETTING NETFLIX. I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY FOR IT AND NEVER WILL.

How the hell am I expected to watch this now?

Yet you had the money to get a cable package with Disney XD? Disney XD is not usually part of basic plans. The most basic Netflix plan is $7.99 plus tax. I'm not sure about the cable company where you live, but the cable company where I live charges an extra $30/month at the promotional rates just to get the plan that has Disney XD over the basic cable plan. That's 3 times more than just paying for super basic Netflix. Simple solution is to scale back your cable plan. You're probably paying too much for it as it is.

My only concern with the Netflix debut is whether it will still release weekly episodes or if it'll get the binge-watch treatment Netflix gives most of its American market shows.

Back