• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Adding WEIGHT back into Pokémon

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen yesterday
Back in Black and White, when dinos roamed the earth, and sprites were given constant animation, we had weight when a pokemon was sent out, a little cloud of dust and camera shake determined by weight. Now, we have nothing. When PRIMAL GROUDON (this is for steelix cause he needs the recognition) was sent out in oras, weighing in at over a literal ton and falls 6 feet, it had no difference than if you had sent out one woopy boi. I took the liberty of adding that back.
I believe that immersion is the best way to bring back the personality of pokemon for the SINNOH REMAKES
If you want to see the video I explain this in, check out my youtube channel (same name and trying to gain subs)
I think the GIFs are in reverse order. one for no change (XY standard)
Just camera shake
Just ground indentation
all effects with dust.
This was thrown together (including rigging, animating, texturing, sims AND rendering in 3 hours)
gamefreak has no excuses.

What I want to know is what other touches pokemon has removed that YOU loved and would like to see replaced or remastered

Attachments

• steelix allmods.gif
    steelix allmods.gif
    506.9 KB · Views: 13
  • steelix impact.gif
    steelix impact.gif
    426.9 KB · Views: 10
  • steelix shake.gif
    steelix shake.gif
    501.2 KB · Views: 8
  • steelix nomods.gif
    steelix nomods.gif