• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Advice for a 6th Pokemon in my team?

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2011
    Hey guys,

recently I have done a lot of shifting around with my team. However I cant really seem to pick a 6th pokemon. Here is who I have so far

. Gyarados/or Samurott (I figure Gyarados would be better than my Samurott?)

. Tyranitar

. Salamence/or Hydregion (Salamence is than Hydregion? Although Hydregion is good, he has way too many weakneses)

. Metagross

. Conkeldurr (although I'm willing to replace him, if anyone has good advice for one to try out, please let me know)

. Sixth pokemon? I dont know who to put here. I'm thinking about a fire time potentially. I do have an Infernape, however I have never been a fan of him.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    I personally would use Chandelure for my sixth Pokemon, which is Ghost/Fire, and teach it Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, Fire Blast, and one other appropriate move. Also, my advice would be to replace Conkeldurr with an Electric type. I recommend Galvantula, and it should know Thunderbolt, Thunder, Bug Buzz or X-Scissor, and one other appropriate move (HM if applicable). Feel free to use my sig for a good reference as far as what types are good to have in your team.

EDIT: Chandelure's base form is Litwick, Galvantula's base form is Joltik.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2011
    I personally would use Chandelure for my sixth Pokemon, which is Ghost/Fire, and teach it Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, Fire Blast, and one other appropriate move. Also, my advice would be to replace Conkeldurr with an Electric type. I recommend Galvantula, and it should know Thunderbolt, Thunder, Bug Buzz or X-Scissor, and one other appropriate move (HM if applicable). Feel free to use my sig for a good reference as far as what types are good to have in your team.

EDIT: Chandelure's base form is Litwick, Galvantula's base form is Joltik.

Thanks for the advice. But why replace Conkeldurr with an electric like Galvantula when I could use Electivire?

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Well, I'd say replace Conkeldurr with Elecktross, and add Chandelure (Like mentioned before).

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    Thanks for the advice. But why replace Conkeldurr with an electric like Galvantula when I could use Electivire?

That's because having a Bug/Electric is beneficial compared to a pure Electric due to the fact that a Bug/Electric is super-effective against Flying, Water, Psychic, Dark, and Grass, getting STAB (Same type attack bonus) from all of them. With Electivire, while he can learn various types of moves, he doesn't get STAB from them. If you're concerned about having Fighting-type moves, you could teach Brick Break or Focus Blast to one of the compatible Pokemon like Tyranitar. Also, use Salamence instead of Hydreigon (fewer weaknesses), and use Samurott instead of Gyarados (higher special attack, with most water moves being special).

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    That's because having a Bug/Electric is beneficial compared to a pure Electric due to the fact that a Bug/Electric is super-effective against Flying, Water, Psychic, Dark, and Grass, getting STAB (Same type attack bonus) from all of them. With Electivire, while he can learn various types of moves, he doesn't get STAB from them.
    You are forgetting about stats here, Electivire has got much higher attack stat as well as better defenses. His Sp. attack and Speed are only 2 points behind Galvantula, barely any difference. Electivire also has got a much wider movepool, and doesn't need STAB to inflict massive damage. I'd go with Electivire.

Electivire:
    -Thunderpunch
    -Cross Chop
    -Fire Punch or Earthquake
    -Ice Punch.

and use Samurott instead of Gyarados (higher special attack, with most water moves being special).
    I'd go with Gyarados. He has got acces to Dragon dance, making him lethal. And even though Samurott's Special attack is quite high, his movepool only gives him Ice Beam and Surf.

Use Gyarados with:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Earthquake
    -Waterfall
    -Stone Edge

Back