• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Advice on My Fire/Dark Party

Years
    I really like themes. That is, having ones Pokémon revolve around a certain type or two. For me, I really like fire types and dark types. I usually have some favourite psychic or ghost types of mine floating in and out, too.

A fire type's weaknesses include mainly water, ground, and rock.
    A dark type's weaknesses include fighting and bug.
    A psychic's include bug, ghost, and dark.

A flying type is good for countering the bug and fighting types that I need to worry about. Also, the fire covers the bug type. Dark types cover my ghost weakness (although I have ghosts as well).

The levels aren't necessarily going to keep the gap that they have now. I'll be grinding to get everyone up to around the levels 55-60 before I face the Elite Four. (Am I behind everyone in the game? Haha.)

My party I've been developing in White is:

Victini (57)
    - Confusion
    - Inferno
    - Flame Burst
    - Zen Headbutt

Emboar (56)
    - Strength
    - Heat Crash
    - Flamethrower
    - Giga Impact

Zoroark (33)
    - Foul Play
    - Night Slash
    - Shadow Claw
    - Faint Attack

Umbreon (30)
    - Confuse Ray
    - Tackle
    - Hyper Beam
    - Quick Attack

Note: I just got this Umbreon, so I'm going to dive into some TMs and see what I can do (for the others as well) to improve it. Any good TMs I should use?

As I ruffle through my strategy guide's charts flustered about how little I know about all the other specific stats they've included for strategy... I've decided that for my last two spots, I think I need to include two flying, ghost, and/or steel types.

I definitely want a flying type, not just for the defense against fighting and bug, but for the HM Fly. Does anyone who knows a bit more than I do have a good recommendation?

As well, I would like to add a Haunter or Gengar in the second empty position. Would that be a wise choice?

Even though it's not usually my thing to use legendaries in my party, I've become attached to my Victini. When I get Zekrom, I will most likely not even use it. (I get all iffy about having legendaries because I think that goes against the nature of them. Having Arceus or Ho-Oh stored in my boxes with my geodudes and sewaddles when they've been legends of centuries, etc. irks me. I like them for my Pokédex, but I don't want to release them. Haha, I know it's just a game... and I am getting off topic.)

Let me stop my ranting and hear what you have to say.

Last edited:

firebolt12

pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2012
    Hey! A few tweaks to make here... AND HEY! WHY isn't Absol here? The most amazing dark type:) ? Add more pokes and we'll see. Furture Ref. DON"T IS USE UNFEZANT!use honchcrow if you want a flying type! Works with yor dark type thing too!

Victini (57)
    - Confusion Try Psychic when u get the TM
    - Inferno TRY flamethrower because of the way better accuracy..
    - Flame Burst
    - Zen Headbutt Try uturn... You don't have any status whatsoever..

Emboar (56)
    - Strength EEWW.. Strength is bad! Use return! Or heavy slam! Or something other than HMs!
    - Heat Crash
    - Flamethrower
    - Giga Impact Change to the awesome return... 102 base with maxed bond.. The slowness of emboar + the recharge will kill you..

Zoroark (33)
    - Foul Play
    - Night Slash
    - Shadow [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]Claw[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]
    - Faint Attack
    Wait till you get night daze. Try using special moves like flamethrower(protects bug weakness!) shadowball, and the like

Umbreon (30)
    - Confuse Ray
    - Tackle toxic is WAY better
    - Hyper Beam NO! Do you see umbreon's pethetic att and spA stats? Umbreon doesn't sweep!! It is a supporter! Use pay back as an attacking move.
    - Quick Attack CURSE! Raises lower defense and Attack! making payback (100 base power if recieved dmg! Do much better!

Years
    Ooh, I did have Honchkrow at one point. I need an Absol, too! I love Absol. I just don't know where to get one right now.

Thanks for the move suggestions! I am packing up my room right now because I am moving out of state, but I'm going to sit down tonight and definitely tweak my party.

Ugh, I also want a Houndoom as well. I love Absol's high attack and Houndoom has better everything else with only a slightly lower attack.

I only use Unfezant for Fly right now, but recently I've been using a Charizard from like, Brazil or something. I just needed something to put as a signature banner. I'll get back on Photoshop and update it with some super cool sprites later tonight.

Super excite!

But, back to cleaning for now...

*Drudges down the stairs...*

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

Victini (57)
    - Confusion Delete this, since you have Zen Headbutt. Maybe Energy Ball here.
    - Inferno I find this move pretty unreliable. Flamethrower or Flare Blitz would be better imo.
    - Flame Burst This will get weaker over time...maybe Calm Mind here.
    - Zen Headbutt Keep this, or change to Psychic if you'd like.

Emboar (56)
    - Strength dsafusdkajeljfslk NO. Brick Break, Hammer Arm, some kind of Fighting move should be here. You get STAB from it.
    - Heat Crash Seems fine to me.
    - Flamethrower Scald, to hit other Fire types, and Ground types. Or Earthquake or Stone Edge.
    - Giga Impact Scald, E-quake, Stone Edge, idk. I'm rusty with this Pokemon to tell you the truth.
    [/COLOR]

Zoroark (33)
    - Foul Play
    - Night Slash
    - Shadow Claw
    - Faint Attack

This whole set needs to be redone, however most of the moves I recommend will be found in post game via TM, or just really high level. But I strongly recommend a set of Flamethrower, Night Daze, Focus Blast, and Nasty Plot. For right now however, what you have is fine. Also keep in mind that Ghost and Dark are super effective on the same types, so it's a bit redundant to have Dark type moves and Ghost type moves on the same Pokemon.

Umbreon (30)
    - Confuse Ray
    - Tackle
    - Hyper Beam
    - Quick Attack

Note: I just got this Umbreon, so I'm going to dive into some TMs and see what I can do (for the others as well) to improve it. Any good TMs I should use?

-screams- Hyper Beam? :[ That poor Umbreon. Toxic, Payback/Faint Attack, Confuse Ray/Psychic, Moonlight (however, that's really, really far off in terms of level...) is what I'll recommend for an in-game Umbreon.

As I ruffle through my strategy guide's charts flustered about how little I know about all the other specific stats they've included for strategy... I've decided that for my last two spots, I think I need to include two flying, ghost, and/or steel types.

I definitely want a flying type, not just for the defense against fighting and bug, but for the HM Fly. Does anyone who knows a bit more than I do have a good recommendation?

Well, trying to keep with your Dark/Fire theme, perhaps Mandibuzz. It's more defense oriented, however you'd need to get someone to trade you a Vullaby. But that shouldn't be too hard.

As well, I would like to add a Haunter or Gengar in the second empty position. Would that be a wise choice?

Gengar is a great Pokemon, so I don't see why that wouldn't be a good choice.

-wipes forehead- Comments are all in bold. Hope it can help in some way.

Last edited:
    Years

-wipes forehead- Comments are all in bold. Hope it can help in some way.

Funny thing is, I had a Vullaby, but traded it for a Rufflet. Haha. I have a friend that has the Black version. I will just have him catch one for me.

I'm going to be writing all this down. I need to start a notebook for these games. It'll give me something to do in tomorrow's 14 hour drive out of state. I have Pokédex guides that tell me all the locations of TMs, etc. for HeartGold and Black/White.

I need a guide for Diamond though...

I wonder if I should update this thread in a while when I work on it, or should I just start a new thread whenever I get things worked out?

Back