• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] All aboard the nostalgia train! | Gallery #7

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Sitting here working on stuff with the 2.B.A. Master album on in the background and I think to myself, **** it, I'm making an art thread. It has been a week shy of 8 years since I last made an art thread here. HOO BOY has there been a lot in the intervening time. For now I'm testing the waters and not bothering to go bananas with the CSS like I used to do. I'll start with some recent-ish things (including some Pokemon fanart), then append some more stuff later. I do a lot of different kinds of art, but hey, PC doesn't have separate subsections in here anymore so pixels and paintings and 3D can all live together in one thread! You can also find the rest of my stuff on my website or any of the other sites I have linked on it :3

FANART
The pandemic kind of took the disinterest I'd had in fanart when last I was active here and threw it in a woodchipper (enough that I ended up making a whole second Twitter account for it), so hey, there's fanart in this thread! I'm dumping it all into just the one spoiler for now. Might split it up later.

Spoiler:

NON-FANART
Of course, I have a lot of interest in subjects outside of fandoms. Most notably, I enjoy doing paleoart, animal art, and fantasy creatures and characters. Also just dumping into one spoiler for now.

Spoiler:

OTHER
It behooves me to have another section for some things that sit on the fence between fanart and not. Most are just larger scale projects that are mostly not fandom-related but have fandom stuff in them.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Made a new Poké-fied PNGtuber for a future stream series (a Heart Gold Artlocke)! Archen is my fave so I basically made Amaruuk cosplaying one :3

wl1MRjI.gif

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Made some more N64-style Pokemon - this time the S/V starters!

FpCP8qp.png

Edit: just put all 6 of my Pokemon models on Sketchfab!

Last edited:

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Been rebooting/redesigning some old dragon characters lately, here are some I've got so far:

Spoiler:

Also might as well post the character I'm referring to in the 2023 challenge thread (all his current animations are on Sketchfab):

Last edited:
Years
The dragons look super cool 🙏 My fave has to be the last one, it's kinda jelly and not-as-ominous and I just wanna??? squish it???? so badly hahahah

Stumpy is just vibing and I can't wait to see more of him <3

Years
I'm a sucker for a good dragon and these are all great. I think the last one is my favourite too but it needs to be said that the fire on the second one is really well done.

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Thanks, you two!

I got some new dragons:

Spoiler:

Also I forgot to post this lil' animation I did for a GIF-based pet thing on Neocities:

NIAEGMk.gif
gnJzctU.gif

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Finished another dragon - GORE WARNING for this one (it's undead with some exposed muscle/bone):

Spoiler:

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Thanks! Yeah, it'd be cool to do some real TTRPG art someday X3

Here's the last dragon redesign!

Spoiler:

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Made some of my favorite noodles as an art style test for my upcoming Artlocke :3

Spoiler:

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
I don't understand how I've not seen your gallary before because your art is superb.

Made some of my favorite noodles as an art style test for my upcoming Artlocke :3

Spoiler:

I especially really like these two. The texture you use makes it look really authentic. I really like it! How did you manage this if I may ask? only if you're willing to share your secrets

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
Years
Bro, this is amazing! I love everything in here, the designs are awesome, the artstyle is great, and the animations? Mwah! Chef's kiss!

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Thanks to the both of you! I drew those two live on stream, it's just the rough ink pen and watercolor brushes that are in Krita by default. No secrets other than just well-practiced observation skills X3

Back